It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Seek_Truth

Yes, the link you posted is live...

But, it is live from some guy pc recording his own screen while playing a video from a different site.

That site could have pre recorded the stuff

If you go around the video you will see that the video stops and the guy refreshes the site he is using to get the footage and the video buffering GIF is not from youtube
edit on 18-3-2014 by Neph89 because: Adding some info

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Neph89

But, it is live from some guy pc recording his own screen while playing a video from a different site.

Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The attack is on going:

According to the group "Information resistance" after the murder of Ukrainian military in the city of Simferopol rolling wave of violence and provocation by Russian invaders and "self defence of Crimea." "Now the street Kuban 11 and 11A" self-defense "under the cover of Russian military sweep living quaters of Ukrainian military personnel and veterans of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (both houses - the so-called house officers MO Ukraine)," - said the head of a media center MOD of Ukraine in Crimea Vladislav Seleznev. He said the criminals breaking the door, burst into an apartment and threatening the health and lives of the members of the Ukrainian military families require their immediate eviction of the street.

edit on 18/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Tires burning again at #Hrushevskoho street, #Kyiv. People demand more actions towards #Crimea @HromadskeTV | PR #Ukraine

People in Kiev protesting against the governments inaction in Crimea.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Neph89

If you go around the video you will see that the video stops and the guy refreshes the site he is using to get the footage and the video buffering GIF is not from youtube

Its a broadcast of their ustream live broadcast. I still believe its live.

UStream
edit on 18-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

Neph89

When i saw it 15 mins back, it was showing scenes while the suns up. Here its been dark for quite sometime and i am in western Ukraine. The sun should set in Crimea earlier than here.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Seek_Truth

Neph89

When i saw it 15 mins back, it was showing scenes while the suns up. Here its been dark for quite sometime and i am in western Ukraine.

It's definitely dark in this stream.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Aha then its live.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Tires burning again at #Hrushevskoho street, #Kyiv. People demand more actions towards #Crimea @HromadskeTV | PR #Ukraine

People in Kiev protesting against the governments inaction in Crimea.

I guess they feel the Russians just crossed a line. because i find it odd they want to fight Russia but i guess maybe they see it an inevitable and is tired of the Ukrainian government continually backing down?Even me i said i wouldnt have allowed anyone onto my basses and i dont know any military group that would.
edit on 3/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Scenes from Kiev, reminding us of anti government protests earlier which toppled the ex president. Radicals have started burning tires as a symbol of frustration.

Video here

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

In Simferopol, the Russian military is locked house on the street Kuban 11th, compact living families Ukrainian soldiers. According to a well-informed source in Simferopol, dozens of Russian troops blocked the house where the family live Ukrainian military garrison. "Wives and children frightened, Russian soldiers with guns no release on contact does not go all locked," - said the source. On Tuesday in Simferopol Russian military as a result of the assault took photogrammetric center of the Central Military topographic and navigation Main Directorate of Operations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. During the storm photogrammetric Ukrainian Center / h A-3674 in Simferopol was killed a Ukrainian soldier . Another two were wounded . March 16 Acting Minister of Defense of Ukraine Igor Tenyukh said the head of the military departments of Russia and Ukraine agreed to a truce in the Crimea up to March 21. He said the agreement was signed with the Russian Black Sea Fleet and the Russian Defense Ministry.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

khimbar
How do they know the snipers are Russian again?

These things always seem to start with snipers.

Because Crimea has been over run by Russia's military and has kept them hostage for over 2 weeks surrounding the base

Derp derp

Who else would it be?

It is clear as day who it is.. If your want to creat confusion division a mutiny you go for the officers running the show, I don't know of any civilians capable enought to do this and even if it was pro Russian protesters Russia is support to be keeping the peace not allowing the Russian ethnics anywhere near the base to inflame tensions which is clearly the case

Why are these civilians even aloud to wield weapons outside the Ukrainian bases if Russia is in control?

It was clear sines day one of the invasion the Intensions was to stir up tensions and now it has turned into a full blown war crimes in the Crimean peninsular

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
RT basically calling this a false flag and even claiming that there is no confirmation of any deaths.

Big article, here.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

khimbar

Because Crimea has been over run by Russia's military and has kept them hostage for over 2 weeks surrounding the base

Derp derp

Who else would it be?

It is clear as day who it is.. If your want to creat confusion division a mutiny you go for the officers running the show, I don't know of any civilians capable enought to do this and even if it was pro Russian protesters Russia is support to be keeping the peace not allowing the Russian ethnics anywhere near the base to inflame tensions which is clearly the case

Why are these civilians even aloud to wield weapons outside the Ukrainian bases if Russia is in control?

It was clear sines day one of the invasion the Intensions was to stir up tensions and now it has turned into a full blown war crimes in the Crimean peninsular

Yadda yadda, but do you have anything of substance? Or just your oppinion? Because for my money, it was maidan trying to suck the US-NATO into the area.

Add: see post above mine.
edit on 2014u11201403pm18 by Yusomad because: add & typo

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A tweet by 'IndependantCrimea'

as if things couldn't get any worse in Ukraine: Radicals of Maidan announce mobilization of their guerrilla units t.co...

News link on the tweet: Interfax

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

khimbar

Derp derp

Who else would it be?

That's nice.

And proof?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
18:15: John Simpson BBC World Affairs Editor, Simferopol

'It is clear that the attack on the military base in this city was not directly carried out by Russian soldiers but by armed men sympathetic to Russia.'

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Biden told Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski that a dozen F-16s have been sent to Poland, saying “You have an ally whose budget is larger than the next 10 nations in the world combined, so don’t worry about where we are,”

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

xavi1000

Biden told Polish president Bronislaw Komorowski that a dozen F-16s have been sent to Poland, saying “You have an ally whose budget is larger than the next 10 nations in the world combined, so don’t worry about where we are,”

I can't possibly understand how people feel safe with statements like that.

It's exactly that type of rhetoric that has brought down empires to it's knees. Especially when Putin has made it clear he is pleased with India and China for taking Russia's side on this.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

khimbar
18:15: John Simpson BBC World Affairs Editor, Simferopol

'It is clear that the attack on the military base in this city was not directly carried out by Russian soldiers but by armed men sympathetic to Russia.'

According to al jazeera they claim there reporter said he saw them leaving and they were russian snipers.

It said self-defence fighters were shot by a sniper from an uncompleted building opposite a Ukrainian military base, which is flying a Russian flag.

The defence ministry described those behind the attack in the peninsula as "armed masked men".

Al Jazeera's Nick Schifrin, reporting from Simferepol, said there was evidence of bullet marks on the uncompleted building opposite the army base, suggesting some shots had been fired.

"We saw what appeared to be Russian snipers leaving positions from a separate building that overlooks the base," he said.

He said Pro-Russian crowds did not want journalists to cover the incident and tried to grab their cameras.

www.aljazeera.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join