It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

I was wondering what Gorby thought about all of this.

He gives a good look at the Russian aspect of it for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
PM Yatsenjuk says that Ukraine has entered the military phase with relations with Russia after the Ukrainian officer is injured by a Russian sniper in the neck and arm in an Ukrainian base in Simferopol.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by Im2keul

I was wondering what Gorby thought about all of this.

He gives a good look at the Russian aspect of it for sure.

I too found it interesting, after hearing reports of demonstrations in Moscow against the referendum.

www.irishtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Breaking news

Ukrainian officer shot in the neck in Crimea by Russian troops

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It looks like this is just the start

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Prime Yatsenyuk said that the conflict with Russia moved from a political to a military phase. It is reported by Interfax. According Yatsenuk, there is a need urgently to convene a committee at the level of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, the USA, Great Britain

to be continued ...

Things getting hot again.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Reports of an officer being abducted in the base where another officer was shot at by snipers.

Also reports of talks between military heads of Russian and Ukrainian militaries about to start in 2 mins, i.e 1800 hrs local time.
edit on 18/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
One killed.

During the storm Ukrainian photogrammetric center in Simferopol one person killed. Told the head of a media center MOD of Ukraine in Russia Vladislav Seleznev.

to be continued ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

So much for this so called 'truce' that was supposed to be in effect until Friday. Things went downhill fast after Putin signed that decree. I'm so sorry. I hope things do not escalate further, let's hope these emergency talks do some good.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
More details coming in

During the storm Ukrainian photogrammetric center in Simferopol killed one person. Told the head of a media center MOD of Ukraine in Russia Vladislav Seleznev. "One person was killed during the assault." - he said.

"The wounded captain, as of now, he was sent to the hospital emergency room Simferopol '- added Seleznev. "All military arrested. They took the documents, money. They took all weapons" - he said.

As you know, in Simferopol storm photogrammetric control center of the central military topographic and navigational Chief Directorate of Operational Support of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

From the windows of buildings near the object are Russian snipers .

to be continued ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How do they know the snipers are Russian again?

These things always seem to start with snipers.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
@edmundflanagan

The above news reporter is at the scene. He is saying "More soldiers with shotguns and sniper rifles entering building near #ukraine military installation where truck in camo colors just entered." Sadly, it looks like the war has started. I believe there is a White House daily briefing too shortly. Stay safe asen_y2k.

edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
More info on the PMs statement

Prime Yatsenyuk said that the conflict with Russia moved from a political to a military phase. This he said during a joint head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, in. about. head of state Alexander Turchinov, reports Interfax-Ukraine . "Now it actually goes to the military from the political stage with the guilt of the Russian military," - he said. According Yatsenuk need urgently to convene a committee at the level of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, the United States, Great Britain. Russia, the U.S. and Britain as guarantor of our security notorious Budapest Memorandum, "- said Yatsenyuk. "Convene an emergency committee at the level of defense to prevent the escalation of the conflict," - he detailed.

To be continued ...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

That looks more like a robbery but...
How do they know the snipers are russian? Theres the knowledge that there are quite a few sniper rifles in the now in power maidan groups.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's time the Ukrainians kicked the Bear in the China Dolls.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yusomad

That looks more like a robbery but...
How do they know the snipers are russian? Theres the knowledge that there are quite a few sniper rifles in the now in power maidan groups.

I have no idea whos shooting whom, just reporting what the news media is saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Looks like an end of the diplomatic period.

Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk declared the outbreak of war with Russia, convenes urgent commission

Gazeta.ua

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

khimbar
How do they know the snipers are Russian again?

These things always seem to start with snipers.

I'll say it.
False flag!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ukrainian troops in the Crimea, who have not violated the oath will now have the status of combatants.

According to UNIAN , about it today during a conference call, said Acting President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada Oleksandr Turchynov. "Of course, they will find the courage and heroism of the assessment of the Ukrainian people and the government. Those conditions, which are you equal to combat, and all that is now doing his duty, he remained faithful to the oath and is committed to Ukraine and the Ukrainian people, certainly will be supported by our country as combatants, "- he said. "Their families do not leave their fate. Kids have all the favorable conditions for learning and for his own prospects," - said Turchinov. He expressed gratitude to the Ukrainian military, which constrain possible outbreak of war, bringing the service in difficult circumstances. "But the Ukraine and the Ukrainian people - with you., You helped us set up the opportunity to armed forces throughout Ukraine brought on full alert, were trained," - said Turchinov.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

That website triggered off my malware lol

Stay safe!

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join