It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 215
<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The United States and Europe are obliged by treaty to take Ukraine's side. Sorry.

Treaties are what started WW1. And the treaties made after wards are what lead to WWII.
Hopefully they won't lead to WWIII.
edit on 18-3-2014 by mash3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

mash3d

The United States and Europe are obliged by treaty to take Ukraine's side. Sorry.

Which countries signed the treaty?

Clue: Europe is not a country.
edit on 18-3-2014 by sparklez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

And here is an interesting little tid bit I just found. Sounds remarkably like what the Ukrainian PM has just proposed that I linked at the top of pg. 214:

• On Monday, Russia proposed creating an international support group to mediate in the Ukraine crisis. Its Foreign Ministry said in a statement that this group would urge Ukraine to implement portions of a February 21 peace deal and formulate a new constitution that would include Russian as an official language alongside Ukrainian, as well as set out broad powers for the country's regions.

Source: CNN.com

The statement quoted can be found in the "What Happens Next" section below the actual article. Would love to know who exactly had the idea and expressed it first.

At any rate, with Putin talking about "other territories" I have a feeling this is far from over, like you. But I would think that Mother Russia would wait until the new 'baby' is safely tucked in and sound asleep before it goes 'adopting' more 'territories'.
edit on 18-3-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

And here is an interesting little tid bit I just found. Sounds remarkably like what the Ukrainian PM has just proposed that I linked above:

• On Monday, Russia proposed creating an international support group to mediate in the Ukraine crisis. Its Foreign Ministry said in a statement that this group would urge Ukraine to implement portions of a February 21 peace deal and formulate a new constitution that would include Russian as an official language alongside Ukrainian, as well as set out broad powers for the country's regions.

Source: CNN.com

The statement quoted can be found in the "What Happens Next" section below the actual article. Would love to know who exactly had the idea and expressed it first.

At any rate, with Putin talking about "other territories" I have a feeling this is far from over, like you. But I would think that Mother Russia would wait until the new 'baby' is safely tucked in and sound asleep before it goes 'adopting' more 'territories'.

In his address speech, he stated Ukraine was a red line for Russia, and he clearly stated they are not moving further.

Watch it.

Rather than put words in his mouth, why not listen to what he acutally said.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

sparklez

In his address speech, he stated Ukraine was a red line for Russia, and he clearly stated they are not moving further.

Watch it.

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth... much less Putin. So what? Saint Vlad said something that sounds good, meh, he often does. If he actually does what he says, then that will be fantastic. Only time will tell what actually happens, and until that time I reserve the right to my opinion which is to take what he says.. like ANY politician from ANY country... with a grain of salt.

Instead of snarky little quips that add nothing in the way of meaningful discussion why not start posting some links to information & updates on the situation that we can all discuss? Until you do, I choose not to engage you in any further discussion. Much like shappy's appearence in this thread yesterday, your attempts at derailment will not be further recognized by this poster. Have a great day!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

MyMindIsMyOwn

sparklez

Watch it.

I am not putting words in anyone's mouth... much less Putin. So what? Saint Vlad said something that sounds good, meh, he often does. If he actually does what he says, then that will be fantastic. Only time will tell what actually happens, and until that time I reserve the right to my opinion which is to take what he says.. like ANY politician from ANY country... with a grain of salt.

Instead of snarky little quips that add nothing in the way of meaningful discussion why not start posting some links to information & updates on the situation that we can all discuss? Until you do, I choose not to engage you in any further discussion. Much like shappy's appearence in this thread yesterday, your attempts at derailment will not be further recognized by this poster. Have a great day!

Everybody is entitled to their opinions and the best opinions are those that are not twisting the facts to suit the story.

Nobody likes a drama queen that does nothing but shout hyperbole and paranoia and false cry wolf from the tree tops.

I like to hear many peoples opinions, you dont seem to. I do not like when people try to twist things about when there are clear facts and statements presented.

I am very welcome to be put in my place and accept I make incorrect statements, but only, if they are backed up by fact. That is after all the best way to have an arugment, an informed dicsussion based on fact. Nobody can argue against facts in their face no?

You are very welcome to not engage in discussion, that is your perogitive. I however, shall continue.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

America has a new weapon to use against Russia – the E-Bomb

The US’s energy power, a product of the shale revolution, is what the Kremlin fears most - in future Vladimir Putin will have to be more careful

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Im2keul

The US’s energy power, a product of the shale revolution, is what the Kremlin fears most - in future Vladimir Putin will have to be more careful

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Is that the same energy that people oppose due to fracking? The same energy that causes water tables to become polluted, taps to burst into flames when lit and triggers tremors and quakes?

If so, yes, that's definatly an E-Bomb, Friendly Fire working as intended.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

sparklez

Im2keul

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Is that the same energy that people oppose due to fracking? The same energy that causes water tables to become polluted, taps to burst into flames when lit and triggers tremors and quakes?

If so, yes, that's definatly an E-Bomb, Friendly Fire working as intended.

Yup that same shale one.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I agree i thought this was an update thread!!! you have to browse 20 odd pages to find 1 update,the rest is quibbling and too and throwing with sarcastic comments!!!
edit on 18-3-2014 by saddlesee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

saddlesee
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I agree i thought this was an update thread!!! you have to browse 20 odd pages to find 1 update,111 rest is quibbling and too and

Welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

'Just like the West.' Russia defends its propaganda war over Ukraine

www.cbc.ca...

From the link; Their footage of a lineup of cars at the alleged Russian border was actually taken on a busy day at the Polish-Ukrainian border, an attempt to trick the Russian audience into believing that their compatriots in Ukraine are facing an acute humanitarian crisis.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In the end, they will all get their way. Al Qaida, Putin, Assad, all our enemies will get their way. Putin wants us to fight this war for him. They know our warhawks and greed at the prospect of war. They know we will spend all our treasure, stretch our troops, deny our own citizens, to play John Wayne right out of WW2.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I do not support Vladimir Putin at all but his speech today was unnervingly fantastic. He was clear and concise and he knows what he wants. He is playing chess with his enemies and is making the West look ridiculously weak. His body language was pretty much saying "I'm in control". He definitely wants more of Eastern Ukraine and despite denying he has plans to invade we all know he wants to reincarnate Soviet times.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Moscow to demand $20 bn from Ukraine, if it brings back ‘zero option’

“Ukraine took obligations to transfer, and the Russian Federation to accept the obligation for payment of Ukraine’s share of external public debt of the USSR as of December 1, 1994. At that time this share amounted to $6.8 billion. Now the sum is close to $20 billion,” says Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).

RT

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hellas

“Ukraine took obligations to transfer, and the Russian Federation to accept the obligation for payment of Ukraine’s share of external public debt of the USSR as of December 1, 1994. At that time this share amounted to $6.8 billion. Now the sum is close to $20 billion,” says Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA).

RT

Well, Ukraine should not have signed such an agreement if it does not like it.

They already are in debt to the tune of almost 2 BILLION for unpaid GAS.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Russian stocks up 2 per cent and rouble strengthening after Putin speech re Crimea

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Do you have the link, please? tia

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hellas

RT

Thats funny now Russia is trying to use blackmail. However i dont think it would hold up in court so its irrelevant. Because if they go back to zero option they would also have to return all assets they took out of Ukraine as well and pay interest on them including a large portion of their military bases and the black sea fleet. But im sure that would all come out in the court case but what is enlightening is there trying to get Ukraine to agree that Crimea is now part of Russia.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

dragonridr

Hellas

RT

Thats funny now Russia is trying to use blackmail. However i dont think it would hold up in court so its irrelevant. Because if they go back to zero option they would also have to return all assets they took out of Ukraine as well and pay interest on them including a large portion of their military bases and the black sea fleet. But im sure that would all come out in the court case but what is enlightening is there trying to get Ukraine to agree that Crimea is now part of Russia.

If I agree to buy an item, then I have a disagreemnt with the company, then decide to stop paying for it and the company comes asking for the money, am I right or wrong? Are they right or wrong?

Clue: I am wrong, they are right.

I, like you, have not seen the agreement, or.. have you? if so, care to link it?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 212  213  214    216  217  218 >>

join