It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Latest 1 dead 2 injured.

I cant say if the assault is on going or not.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

asen_y2k
Looks like an end of the diplomatic period.

Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk declared the outbreak of war with Russia, convenes urgent commission

Gazeta.ua
edit on 18/3/14 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

Well, since war has been declared then I guess those Ukrainian solders who have been stuck in Crimea can now be considered POW's. I don't see them being allowed to leave, but who knows. What a cluster...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is just propaganda after the death of a Ukrainian Soldier . Am sure there isn't any actual military incursion...

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Wookiep

asen_y2k

Ukrainian PM Yatsenyuk declared the outbreak of war with Russia, convenes urgent commission

Gazeta.ua

Well, since war has been declared then I guess those Ukrainian solders who have been stuck in Crimea can now be considered POW's. I don't see them being allowed to leave, but who knows. What a cluster...

If the war was declared by the neonazis empowered by the west in kiev, we can all agree that it has no bearing in real politics.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is no firefight or onslaught happening right now.
There is a reporter stood outside and it is calm, some conflicting reports about what happened though

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

stargatetravels
There is a reporter stood outside and it is calm, some conflicting reports about what happened though

See thats what I thought, lets hope your report is real.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

stargatetravels

Aha, thanks, wanted to know this.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ukrainian military inside Crimea has food and reserves for 7-10 days.

Reported on TV.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Wookiep

asen_y2k

Gazeta.ua

Yeah i think its blatantly obvious to everyone Putin is not going to change his mind so id say they're moving on to military. there supposedly training 40000 to fight over the next two weeks. Talk about a crash course in military disciplines. Im thinking Putins underestimating the Ukrainians these are the same people that had clubs and shields against sniper rifles yet they stayed on that square. I think Putin is going to regret this before its done he also opened a can of worms for himself. See by recognizing Crimean independence theres several places that dont want to be part of Russia so guess what they will want now.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Turkish Airlines have suspended all flights to Simferopol within the last 15-20 minutes. Also more reports are appearing suggesting that a sniper shot through a window in the base. Additionally there are rumours on Twitter that these alleged Russian soldiers were part of the elite Spetsnaz group who are Russian special forces.
edit on 18-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Live stream apparently outside of the base.

It was anyway........
edit on 18-3-2014 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well its official Crimea is now part of the Russian federation Putin signed the paperwork.

Ukraine cries 'robbery' as Russia annexes Crimea

edition.cnn.com...

This means there going to fight i dont see any way around it at this point. Im just not sure what the fighting will look like if its going to be an organized military clash or guerilla warfare.
edit on 3/18/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

Live stream apparently outside of the base.

It was anyway........

That does not really look like a warzone now, does it?

rider you have been tellingus the same thing the last few days, it must get old sometime.
edit on 2014u32201403pm18 by Yusomad because: To add

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Raymond Pritchett ‏@Galrahn 57s
MoD in Ukraine just gave weapons free order for troops in Crimia for defensive purposes.

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 5m
UKRAINIAN MILITARY ALLOWED TO USE ARMS TO PROTECT THEIR LIVES AFTER SERVICEMAN KILLED IN SIMFEROPOL, SAYS DEFENSE MINISTRY

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

could be the calm before the storm.

Just have to wait and see.

This is one of those anything could happen situations.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Your naive there is no more live feeds coming out of Crimea many were just shut off others were running prerecorded tapes they were talking about it on twitter.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by Yusomad

Your naive there is no more live feeds coming out of Crimea many were just shut off others were running prerecorded tapes they were talking about it on twitter.

My link above is LIVE.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Darkblade71
reply to post by Yusomad

could be the calm before the storm.

Just have to wait and see.

This is one of those anything could happen situations.

Yup thats the whole deal in the thread dedicated to the alleged killing of the ukranian servicemen.
Wait and see.

Nevermind naysayers Seek truth, had a look myself so I know.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Seek_Truth
MoD in Ukraine just gave weapons free order for troops in Crimia for defensive purposes.

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 5m
UKRAINIAN MILITARY ALLOWED TO USE ARMS TO PROTECT THEIR LIVES AFTER SERVICEMAN KILLED IN SIMFEROPOL, SAYS DEFENSE MINISTRY

Yeah the attack poping up all over now.

Ukrainian military spokesman Vladislav Seleznyov, speaking to Reuters by telephone from Crimea, said one serviceman at the Simferopol base had died of his wounds. A second man, a captain, was injured.

Seleznyov said the dead serviceman was responsible for overseeing a vehicle pool at the base. He said the attackers had told the Ukrainian servicemen that they were under arrest and their documents were confiscated.

It was unclear, Seleznyov said, who had staged the assault. He described the attackers as "unknown forces, fully equipped and their faces covered".

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Seek_Truth

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 5m

Yeah the attack poping up all over now.

Ukrainian military spokesman Vladislav Seleznyov, speaking to Reuters by telephone from Crimea, said one serviceman at the Simferopol base had died of his wounds. A second man, a captain, was injured.

Seleznyov said the dead serviceman was responsible for overseeing a vehicle pool at the base. He said the attackers had told the Ukrainian servicemen that they were under arrest and their documents were confiscated.

It was unclear, Seleznyov said, who had staged the assault. He described the attackers as "unknown forces, fully equipped and their faces covered".

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join