It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Interesting Chap this one, double agent possibly.

www.cato.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingle

Yup...as soon as I saw he was now working for the Cato Institute my spider senses went off

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Fingle
reply to post by dragonridr

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Wow they moved up i thought they were 6th now there the 4th. As i said Putin isnt thinking clearly the Ukrainians arnt a 3rd world country there arms dealers are in every way compatible to Russias since thats where they learned everything from. Trust me they have some cool stuff to draw on if the need arises.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Greek News just reportet that the Ukranian defence minister Tenyukh said on the Ukrainian News, that they will not back off of Crimea and that the armed forces are getting ready for war.

Can anybody confirm?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Hellas
Greek News just reportet that the Ukranian defence minister Tenyukh said on the Ukrainian News, that they will not back off of Crimea and that the armed forces are getting ready for war.

Can anybody confirm?

“Crimea was, is, and will be our territory,” said Defense Minister Ihor Tenyukh in a statement delivered at the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center on March 17.

When asked whether Ukrainian troops would fight to defend Crimea, Tenyukh replied tersely, “The armed forces will execute their tasks, ” later adding, “Ukrainian forces will stay [in Crimea] until all their tasks have been completed.”

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

dragonridr

Fingle

Wow they moved up i thought they were 6th now there the 4th. As i said Putin isnt thinking clearly the Ukrainians arnt a 3rd world country there arms dealers are in every way compatible to Russias since thats where they learned everything from. Trust me they have some cool stuff to draw on if the need arises.

The complimentary error Putin is making is thinking that the United States would not use armed force against Russia, because Russia is not a third world country. Unfortunately, compared to the United States and Europe, Russia is a third world country.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

And what would that task be?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hellas
reply to post by xavi1000

And what would that task be?

We will find shortly.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

DJW001

dragonridr

Fingle

The complimentary error Putin is making is thinking that the United States would not use armed force against Russia, because Russia is not a third world country. Unfortunately, compared to the United States and Europe, Russia is a third world country.

So, let me get this right, US and Europe largly but not wholy depend upon Russia for support to the ISS, if that is a 3rd world country, then we need to redefine it. Lets not forget how long USA has existed, how many hundred years? Is China also a third world country? They have been around a lot longer. Not bad going for being 3rd rate. What about Europe? We got buildings older than America here.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ukraine's parliament okays Turchynov's decree on partial army mobilization

en.interfax.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Fingle
Ukraine's parliament okays Turchynov's decree on partial army mobilization

en.interfax.com.ua...

Partial? So they only got pants or tops on their uniforms?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shappy

The Ukrainian parliament agreed with the new Ukrainian president to partially mobilize about half of 40,000 reserve troops.

The Ukrainian Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, Andriy Paruby, informed parliament that 20,000 reserve troops will be deployed within the national armed forces. The other 20,000 troops will be integrated into the recently-created National Guard.

www.aim.org...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Fingle
reply to post by shappy

The Ukrainian parliament agreed with the new Ukrainian president to partially mobilize about half of 40,000 reserve troops.

The Ukrainian Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council, Andriy Paruby, informed parliament that 20,000 reserve troops will be deployed within the national armed forces. The other 20,000 troops will be integrated into the recently-created National Guard.

www.aim.org...

I was joking of course

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Reports coming in this morning from Crimea are that ethnic cleansing of Tartar and Ukrainians has begun there. This situation is developing into a Kosovo #2 as each day passes.

Here is a pic of what the Russian Militia units are doing to home of Tartar minorities -

(Hope the pics work)

ETHNIC CLEANINGS BEGAN IN CRIMEAN PENINSULA!
Operation name: "Bolshaya Uborka" (Big Cleaning) by unwritten order of Aksyonov.
The purpose of the operation - significant changes of the ethnic composition of the Crimean peninsula.
Targets - representatives of the Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian nationalities.

Original source of report above is a Turkish news report I beleive but I lost the link.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

asen_y2k

Fingle
As Crimea becomes part of Russia, Putin now states:

Russian President Vladimir Putin: Ukrainian authorities show a lack of willingness to curb violence against Russian speakers in Ukraine

www.breakingnews.com...

"Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin drew attention to the inability and unwillingness of the present authorities in Kiev to curb rampant violence by ultra-nationalist and radical groups that destabilise the situation and terrorise civilians, including Russian speaking population," the Kremlin said.

www.ubs.wallst.com...

Its very clear, whats comming.

Just wanted to thank you for your updates.

I just had to tell you that I am one, of I am sure many people,
who are following your posts and not posting much, but paying attention.
Stay safe, and good luck in the days and weeks to come.

I look forward to your future updates!

Peace!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Laughing at Obama's sanctions...

abcnews.go.com...

Must read.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Al"jive-talk" and nothing that will seriously make an impact. Putin must be laughing at Obama's inability to do anything.

While Putin plays Chess, Obama is still learning checkers.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Melbourne_Militia
Reports coming in this morning from Crimea are that ethnic cleansing of Tartar and Ukrainians has begun there. This situation is developing into a Kosovo #2 as each day passes.

Here is a pic of what the Russian Militia units are doing to home of Tartar minorities -

(Hope the pics work)

ETHNIC CLEANINGS BEGAN IN CRIMEAN PENINSULA!
Operation name: "Bolshaya Uborka" (Big Cleaning) by unwritten order of Aksyonov.
The purpose of the operation - significant changes of the ethnic composition of the Crimean peninsula.
Targets - representatives of the Crimean Tatars and Ukrainian nationalities.

Original source of report above is a Turkish news report I believe but I lost the link.

This disgrace... and many on here are having a Putin Party.
It's a disgrace.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Melbourne_Militia

Al"jive-talk" and nothing that will seriously make an impact. Putin must be laughing at Obama's inability to do anything.

Wrong. Tragically wrong. Putin has been assuming that the United States works in the same way as Russia: the President has absolute authority, and his orders are rubber stamped by Congress. That is not how it works in the United states. Only Congress has power to declare war. That is why even George W. Bush had to go before them to justify his wars of aggression. President Obama has spent (most here on ATS would say 'squandered' ) too much political capital on his health care legislation to act decisively at the moment. He requires a dramatic causus bella. It is only a matter of time before Putin overplays his hand and does something to cause the American public to demand action. Putin thinks he is playing chess, Obama knows they are playing poker.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

DJW001

Melbourne_Militia

Wrong. Tragically wrong. Putin has been assuming that the United States works in the same way as Russia: the President has absolute authority, and his orders are rubber stamped by Congress. That is not how it works in the United states. Only Congress has power to declare war. That is why even George W. Bush had to go before them to justify his wars of aggression. President Obama has spent (most here on ATS would say 'squandered' ) too much political capital on his health care legislation to act decisively at the moment. He requires a dramatic causus bella. It is only a matter of time before Putin overplays his hand and does something to cause the American public to demand action. Putin thinks he is playing chess, Obama knows they are playing poker.

en.wikipedia.org...

The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without an authorization of the use of military force or a declaration of war.

edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join