It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Maybe you should talk the the Tartars in Crimea

Maybe you should talk to the pro Putin mobs who have murdered dozens on the streets of Ukraine ?

Ask which Tartars, these Tartars?

"Tatar Legions
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tatar Legions were auxiliary units of the SS formed after the German invasion of the Soviet Union in 1941.

It included:

Crimean Tatar Legion
Volga Tatar Legion
Crimean Jaegers"

en.wikipedia.org...

So I'd like to ask you, are you a Nazi? Cuz it sure seems that you got all kinds of warm feelings for all kinds of Nazis...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Really, this thread should be renamed "Russia declares War on Neo-Nazis"

The Neo-Nazi Question in Ukraine

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Obama administration has vehemently denied charges that Ukraine's nascent regime is stock full of neo-fascists despite clear evidence suggesting otherwise. Such categorical repudiations lend credence to the notion the U.S. facilitated the anti-Russian cabal's rise to power as part of a broader strategy to draw Ukraine into the West's sphere of influence. Even more disturbing are apologists, from the American left and right, who seem willing accomplices in this obfuscation of reality, when just a cursory glance at the profiles of Ukraine's new leaders should give pause to the most zealous of Russophobes.

How the far-right took top posts in Ukraine's power vacuum

www.channel4.com...

Wednesday 05 March 2014 Ukraine , World
How the far-right took top posts in Ukraine's power vacuum

In the new Ukrainian government politicians linked to the far-right have taken posts from deputy prime minister to head of defence. We profile the nationalists filling the power vacuum.
News

The man facing down Putin's aggression as secretary of the Ukrainian National Security and Defence Council is Andriy Parubiy. He oversees national security for the nation having previously served as security commandant during the anti-government protests in Kiev.

Parubiy was the founder of the Social National Party of Ukraine, a fascist party styled on Hitler's Nazis, with membership restricted to ethnic Ukrainians.

The Social National Party would go on to become Svoboda, the far-right nationalist party whose leader Oleh Tyahnybok was one of the three most high profile leaders of the Euromaidan protests - negotiating directly with the Yanukovych regime.

Overseeing the armed forces alongside Parubiy as the Deputy Secretary of National Security is Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of the Right Sector - a group of hardline nationalist streetfighters, who previously boasted they were ready for armed struggle to free Ukraine.

Is the US backing neo-Nazis in Ukraine?

www.salon.com...

As the Euromaidan protests in the Ukrainian capitol of Kiev culminated this week, displays of open fascism and neo-Nazi extremism became too glaring to ignore. Since demonstrators filled the downtown square to battle Ukrainian riot police and demand the ouster of the corruption-stained, pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovich, it has been filled with far-right streetfighting men pledging to defend their country’s ethnic purity.

White supremacist banners and Confederate flags were draped inside Kiev’s occupied City Hall, and demonstrators have hoisted Nazi SS and white power symbols over a toppled memorial to V.I. Lenin. After Yanukovich fled his palatial estate by helicopter, EuroMaidan protesters destroyed a memorial to Ukrainians who died battling German occupation during World War II. Sieg heil salutes and the Nazi Wolfsangel symbol have become an increasingly common site in Maidan Square, and neo-Nazi forces have established “autonomous zones” in and around Kiev.

An Anarchist group called AntiFascist Union Ukraine attempted to join the Euromaidan demonstrations but found it difficult to avoid threats of violence and imprecations from the gangs of neo-Nazis roving the square. “They called the Anarchists things like Jews, blacks, Communists,” one of its members said. “There weren’t even any Communists, that was just an insult.”

“There are lots of Nationalists here, including Nazis,” the anti-fascist continued. “They came from all over Ukraine, and they make up about 30% of protesters.”

So yeah, go Nazis, USA is proud of you....

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry agreed on Sunday to seek a solution to crisis in Ukraine by pushing for constitutional reforms there, the Russian foreign ministry said.

So much for all the threats and the Red lines

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

well there are still treath but now they are nameless

Senior administration officials stress that more US sanctions can be issued against Russians and others if additional steps taken to annex Crimea

but let see what Mister Obama will say in 10 minutes

White House: President Obama to deliver statement on Ukraine at 10:45 am ET - statement via @NBCNews

watch live ==>www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Sanctions on Russian officials ... nothing more really rest is just gibberish and BTW No Sanctions against Putin ...
They pulled the money out of West anyway ...
He also said, "there is still more chance for diplomacy"

edit on 17-3-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
another empty red line

President Obama on Ukraine: Going forward we can calibrate our response based on whether Russia chooses whether to escalate or de-escalate -

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Dolby_X
another empty red line

President Obama on Ukraine: Going forward we can calibrate our response based on whether Russia chooses whether to escalate or de-escalate -

Russia has gotten what it wanted. Dipomacy has been restored between Russia and the US. US puppets still in control of Ukraine, which is fine with Putin, let them eat Neo Nazi, not his problem. So everything should return to business as usual now.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by renden

Really, this thread should be renamed "Russia declares War on Neo-Nazis"

The only way to defeat Nazism is to create a strong, single party state with a charismatic leader. Any opposition to this leader must be crushed by the legal system, or even murdered openly. Should Nazism threaten ethnic minorities in nearby nations, those nations must be invaded, liberated and incorporated into the greater State. Then, to insure absolute victory for a thousand years, all the Nazi Jewish bankers need to be rounded up and exterminated,and their property made the property of the State. Only when all the Nazi liberals, Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies, Catholics and Muslims have been exterminated can the world truly be free of Nazism. Or am I misunderstanding you somehow?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Splodge

Dolby_X
another empty red line

Russia has gotten what it wanted. Dipomacy has been restored between Russia and the US. US puppets still in control of Ukraine, which is fine with Putin, let them eat Neo Nazi, not his problem. So everything should return to business as usual now.

What do you suppose will happen if it doesn't? Is Putin prepared for that?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

think you misunderstanding him somehow

But with yesterday and other regional official in thr Eastern part of Ukraine wanting a referendum to, not sure it will stop there. And this is the part that may change to arm conflic if Ukraine New gouvernement realy want to stay in power
This is what the west fear

And third, the Duma is set to consider legislation that would allow the Russian Federation to absorb territories now within other states. Indeed, according to Leonid Slutsky, the chairman of the Duma Committee on the CIS, if adopted, it would allow Russia to recover Crimea and other territories on the post-Soviet space.

www.interpretermag.com...
and i'll confest me to
edit on 17-3-2014 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Here the big scary sanction us will send to Russia .... seriously....

www.whitehouse.gov...

so if Russia take other region with them (annex) what the sanction will be ? no computer tonight go to bed ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I bet Vladimir Putin is sitting in the Kremlin laughing at the latest sanctions imposed. Sanctions are a big risk to the stability of the worlds economy and they don't help anyone, not least the countries imposing them. I wonder what will happen when Putin invades Eastern Ukraine? Once again the EU and the US are making themselves look weak and ineffective.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yeah the sanction will hurt Russian economy so bad the stock market is going up

The Russian stock market closed sharp increase. Because of the soft U.S. sanctions

As noted, at 18.40 Moscow time the MICEX index has increased in comparison with the closing of the previous trading day at 3.91% to 1285.85 points.
RTS Index has jumped so far on 5.06% to 1116.25 points.

www.epravda.com.ua...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

ProfessorT
I bet Vladimir Putin is sitting in the Kremlin laughing at the latest sanctions imposed. Sanctions are a big risk to the stability of the worlds economy and they don't help anyone, not least the countries imposing them. I wonder what will happen when Putin invades Eastern Ukraine? Once again the EU and the US are making themselves look weak and ineffective.

Dude, why would Putin invade Eastern Ukraine? That would be like Texas invading New Mexico...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

renden

ProfessorT

Dude, why would Putin invade Eastern Ukraine? That would be like Texas invading New Mexico...

Same reason you are still sitting in your chair in front of a computer screen not doing anything about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

renden

ProfessorT

check my post up there talking about Duma that may vote a law to annex other region not only Crimea

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Dolby_X

renden

ProfessorT

check my post up there talking about Duma that may vote a law to annex other region not only Crimea

If they authorize this, they automatically become a criminal regime. The United States specializes in regime change.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

ProfessorT

Most of the wealthy political Russian allies of Putin have already pulled their assets out of banks etc that can be targeted by Obama's sanctions. Those that have not, Putin can say I have been warning you to bring your assets home to mother Russia for years..

Yes, they are laughing their asses off in the Kremlin, and probably preparing plans to move on to other countries after they have secured the Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

DJW001
The United States specializes in regime change.

We all know that, south america in the 60s and 70s is well known for that, and is what happened in ukraine already (must insist in you keeping up with the events discussed here), but I dont think that this message is entirely good for your ideals. I thought the bad guys were the russians?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

The bad guy are the one pushing sanction(us,eu), annex(Russian), etc against the will of a population. there is no good and bad guy we are all grey !

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join