It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Oho ! You mean just because crimean parliament asked russia for help russia can and did send help .Omg please tell me why Ukraine cannot do that with NATO ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
Oho ! You mean just because crimean parliament asked russia for help russia can and did send help .Omg please tell me why Ukraine cannot do that with NATO ?

Because Ukraine is not a member of NATO, because Ukraine is not even close to meeting the terms of joining NATO.

Ukraine asked the UN for assistance. The UN is doing nothing because they know what kind of mess it is, that is why individual countries have to "secretly" aid with "stuff" Ukraine and also publically economic attack Russia and send money to Ukraine, depriving their own people of economic assistance in their own bankrupt states.

Lets not forget Kosov, took 2 years for their independence to be recognised, and even then, it was because the UN had no choice, it was de facto independence by the west, just as is happening in Crimea. UN will also recognise that, 2 years later on, because they have no choice.
edit on 17-3-2014 by shappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
My take on this is that if Putin hadn't put his troops there, Ukraine would have followed in the footsteps of Egypt, Libya and Syria.

It would have led to immediate us involvement like they tried with Syria. It didn't work.

Putin in my opinion has pissed those off who were trying to plant the seed to either get boots on the ground or create a spark where they turn on each other.

Think about it.
Watch the news. Do you genuinely think they are going to cover both sides of the story.

I cant actually say when Russia was involved in recent conflicts.

However, mention the US and I cant think of one they arent.

It's not the military personel. It doesn't matter or change the very fact that they whom they serve sacrife nothing.

They send them to war regardless of which nationality colour or religion while they profit.

Those are who are leading us all to ruin.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hahaha whay are you saying.. Ok not NATO .. Let's see what if ukraine asks poland or US for help ? That okay ? They are in your own words not asking NATO but nato members . lol.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Fine I'm done debating and argiung for now. As he said thread is for updates from ukraine. Done.sorry if I offended u . let's stop here.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Would it ever, be possible, for Americans, to mind their own business? Is that a possibility even in theory? Entire world agrees that it would be just peachy, if Americans could finally mature enough to keep their pricks to them selves instead of sticking them into worlds every crevice.

No really, for other people just the thought of sitting and discussing how things should be done in other countries while claiming the high ground of freedom and democracy, clearly indicates mental illness.

I'll fix it right up though. Let me just begin with a tiny little factoid; Crimea just happens to be in the prime location for development of Black Sea oil fields and gas reserves. Oh that's right, I bet that little tidbit was not mentioned by any US media outlets even once, not even the US and Turkish energy companies that have been negotiating development rights for years.

Energy

Crimea also possesses several natural gas fields both onshore and offshore, all connected to Ukraine's pipeline system.[82][83] The inland fields are located in Chornomorske and Dzhankoy, while offshore fields are located in the western coast in the Black Sea and in the northeastern coast in the Azov Sea:[84]
Name Type Location Reserves
Dzhankoyske gas field onshore Dzhankoy
Golitsyna gas field offshore Black Sea
Karlavske gas field onshore Chornomorske
Krym gas field offshore Black Sea
Odessa gas field[85] offshore Black Sea 21 billion m3
Schmidta gas field offshore Black Sea
Shtormvaya gas field offshore Black Sea
Strilkove gas field offshore Sea of Azov

The republic also possesses two oil fields: one onshore, the Serebryankse oil field in Rozdolne, and one offshore, the Subbotina oil field in the Black Sea.

en.wikipedia.org...

So yeah, apparently democracy is at work once again, and its job is oil and gas development. What a massive surprise that is. Let's just call it "Oil democracy". The slogan should go like this: "If you got oil, we got your democracy right here, and we can deliver to you either in bribes, or in air strikes".

I've been to Crimea many times, including back in the Soviet 80s. Crimea is historically Russian, always has been, Crimea is deep in Russian culture, Crimean battles have been taught in Russian schools in every time period. Crimea has at least 65% of Russian population that lived there for generations.

Russians battled over Crimea so many times, and spilled so much blood to secure access to the Black Sea, that to them the though of NATO just sliding in right in after bloody, CIA orchestrated military coup in Kiev, is totally absurd.

How about watching "The charge of the light brigade" for starters. If Russians were totally comfortable mowing down British cavalry with artillery, how in the world Americans just figure that after some dirty politics, staged military coup and loads of typical media propaganda BS, Russians would just kind of say "oh sure, it's the master race from the best country on earth telling us how to live, hail the mighty freedom loving democracy of USA, come right in, take our stuff, pump our oil and our women, all we want in trade is beads, fire water and mirrors" Really???? Good Lord....

Well Booo Hooo, bad scary KGB freedom hating Putin didn't bend over and didn't take it from the mighty Freedom USA Justice League of Democracy Super Heroes, live with it, while the rest of us can't wait 'till this sickening "Cult of Lies Hypocrisy Corporation" will finally crack under the weight of its own BS.

NATO has broken every single non expansion agreement it signed with Russia, every single one. Since 1991 NATO has no legitimacy of any kind what so ever, and has been nothing but a military force of the fascist NWO agenda, as it was openly stated by Bush right after the collapse of the USSR.

Crimea was always Russian right up until its illegal annexing by Ukraine during collapse of USSR. Entire Crimean population just woke up one day and found themselves living in a different country, and nobody in Kiev asked them any opinions or how they felt about it. It was as simple as "now you pay taxes to us, end of story".

That is precisely why right now they feel as they do, they were happy to vote in democratic elections which have been overseen by hundreds of international observers, and not a single report of any kind of voting fraud has been reported, so to all the pseudo statisticians out there attempting to claim that 95.5% is impossible, just imagine that not everyone is a fat ass know it all looser that wont get off the couch to vote for preservation of his own countries constitution, while a bunch of fascist NWO thugs have been whipping their asses with it at will.

And oh, btw, I dare anybody to show a single picture or a video that shows anybody being forced to vote in Crimea under a barrel of a gun, while there are tons of videos that show SS wearing arms bands neo-nazi US sponsored thugs in Kiev walking around with guns looting, robbing and shooting people. Yeah, that's right, American taxpayers money was spent on radicalizing, training and arming neo-nazi criminals. Hey, what ever gets the job done, right? Operation Paper clip? If there's profit in it sure, why not. Paper clip V2.0? Not a problem, just wire them the money, we can always type more zeros from our private "FED".

How about this, Yatsenuk, the US appointed puppet prime minister of the so called "government", is nothing more then a lawyer with a slimy resume, while the rest of the "cabinet" is populated by outright thugs with rapsheets mile long. No kidding, literally, fellas that done time for all kinds of organized crime activity, are the newly hailed heroes of freedom and democracy in Kiev, that NOBODY VOTED FOR!!!! There were NO ELECTIONS in Ukraine of ANY KIND!!! Just a bloody coup in Kiev and immediate recognition of the "new country" by US and EU, but hey, when Crimea holds actual elections then booooooooo, its blood thirsty Russian bear out to ravage the gentle new democracy of pro-Western Ukraine. What a sickening load of total crap.

What's even more insane, it the rhetoric of the American Republicans that repeatedly call for impeachment of Obama for all kinds of reasons, but as soon as any Russian related topics come up it's all about what a pussy Obama is and that he should still be impeached, but right after he nukes Russia because we cant have a black president thats a pussy, not that it's racist, but apparently the only thing worse then an illegitimate black president are the Russians, and that's all true because John McCain said so, and he is clearly not an insane old weirdo with a massive POW PTSD syndrome.

The mental state of American social conscience is so psychotic from all the propaganda programming that it's down right scary.

I'm actually happy for Russians in Crimea, good for them. Instead of hiding in their houses glued to their couches, they took the risk to get out, they got organized, picked up their hunting shotguns and worked together to repel repeated attacks by neo-nazi mercenary thugs to protect their land from FOREIGN invasion, then held elections with an overwhelming 95.5% vote to get what they want, so good for them, that's real democracy in action. In America men like that used to be held as heroes and were called Minuteman, and their actions used to be called a fight for Liberty. Apparently these days actions are not judged by their merit but by what ever is more suitable for corporate profit margin.

I sure know where I'm going for a vacation this summer, cheers.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
Hahaha whay are you saying.. Ok not NATO .. Let's see what if ukraine asks poland or US for help ? That okay ? They are in your own words not asking NATO but nato members . lol.

Again this is all hyperbol and make believe, turning this thread into "What if the world ended tomorrow" when it has not is just pure fiction, the world tends to revolve around facts and those make better solid aguments don't you think?

Has Ukraine asked Poland for help? Has Ukraine asked NATO for help? We all know what NATO's statement was. West countries will NOT publically help Ukraine outside of "economic" and "sanctions" because they will be the agressor. They know this. They are not stupid just as Putin is not stupid. Merkel is not stupid. We may disagree with their actions, but they are not stupid nor would I proclaim them to be stupid just because I disagree with their actions. Comparing also Putin to Hitler is for drama queen arguments. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x

The Government in Ukraine are NOT legitimate. They cannot ask anyone for any thing and many countries understand this. They can not ask any one, under any treaty because they are an installed puppet Government.

I do not know why this is so hard to grasp.

P

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

pheonix358

Foxtrot7x

The Government in Ukraine are NOT legitimate. They cannot ask anyone for any thing and many countries understand this. They can not ask any one, under any treaty because they are an installed puppet Government.

I do not know why this is so hard to grasp.

P

I tend to agree, a lot of wrongs were done in Ukraine.

The motivations of the new people in power via a coup I definately disagree with when they started to clamp down on Russian and also wanting to imprison and punish duel citizens in Ukraine. The devil we know is better than the devil we don't. And the right sector party is not somebody you want in power. EVER, they are a headache and nightmare for European policy makers. They won't last long in Europe before it backfires big time. In fact I do believe they where told frankly behind doors to shut their big traps as they're giving ammo to Putin.

But reality is things in Ukraine are not going back to the status quo, we have to deal with that. If that involves people wanting to be seperate, let them. Honestly it will take a miracle to save Ukraine as a whole, I just do not see that happeneing, if forces comes to play, that will just expediate the break up further.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
@renden "hundereds of international observers" ?? What are you talking about ?? I seem to recall an UN observation mission being bared from coming to crimea , that was just 15-20 members at that. So excuse me if I don't quite get what you mean by 'hundereds of international observers' .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
@renden "hundereds of international observers" ?? What are you talking about ?? I seem to recall an UN observation mission being bared from coming to crimea , that was just 15-20 members at that. So excuse me if I don't quite get what you mean by 'hundereds of international observers' .

How many international observers where overseeing the US and UK elections? I don't remember seeing any.

For all the complaints about Russia Today, a lot of employees and people being interviewed are not Russian. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x

Sure Ukraine can. And Ukraine's "prime minister" and other top officers are begging NATO for help since weeks.

We shall see how that help arrives.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I also don't remember the presence of foreign troops numbering in thousands in UK n US during voting .

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxtrot7x

news.am...
A total of 135 observers from 23 countries are registered and 623 journalists from 169 media are accredited in Crimea.

Michail Malishev, Chairman of the Crimean Verkhovna Rada (Supreme Council; parliament) Referendum Preparation Commission, stated the aforesaid.

“[A total of] 1,240 more observers are registered from the Crimea organizations,” he added.

Malishev stressed, however, that the journalists “should not violate the voting secrecy, not interfere in the electoral process,” and work solely with an accreditation, reported ITAR-TASS news agency of Russia.

Separately, Crimea Information Minister Dmitry Polonsky informed that, “[a total of] 2,500 journalists from various media are currently working in Crimea.”

Crimea will conduct a referendum on Sunday, and on whether or not the peninsula, which is formally a part of Ukraine, should join Russia.

"Crimean authorities have reported about 135 registered international observers have arrived from 23 countries, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia and Poland. Members of the EU and national European parliaments, international law experts and human rights activists together with 1,240 local observers are monitoring the voting at ballot stations. Mass media in the peninsula is represented by 623 accredited journalists from 169 international media outlets. "
edit on 17-3-2014 by renden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Frankly I don't get it . if you're so sure crimea vote was in no way forced ,then WHY wasn't the UN observer mission allowed. Do you say that would have compromised the results ? Implying that the UN is baised ? I'm sure you dont see observers in us n uk but crimea is a conflicted matter. Surely the presence of UN observers would validate the vote ?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
I also don't remember the presence of foreign troops numbering in thousands in UK n US during voting .

I seem to recall Iraqi elections, with thousands of US troops all over the place.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Foxtrot7x
Frankly I don't get it . if you're so sure crimea vote was in no way forced ,then WHY wasn't the UN observer mission allowed. Do you say that would have compromised the results ? Implying that the UN is baised ? I'm sure you dont see observers in us n uk but crimea is a conflicted matter. Surely the presence of UN observers would validate the vote ?

The OSCE observers did not get permission to enter Crimea, all they had to do was ask Crimean authorities for permission. It is not that difficult to do.

Why did they not simply ask Crimean authorities in advance for permission? They did not because they did not want to help legitimise Crimean authority.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
And then did u see the russian commandos storming the hotel where those journalists you mentioned wer staying ?

link   

Foxtrot7x

Frankly, because UN has been turned into a damn puppet, as seen since Serbia/Kosovo.

I wouldn't want UN at a back yard wedding, much less at elections.

link   

renden

Foxtrot7x

I seem to recall Iraqi elections, with thousands of US troops all over the place.

Iraq is now a member state of UK or US?

new topics

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join