It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok, back to updates only! (I apologize to those following this thread from day 1 that I fell off the wagon back there. I realize that bickering and not staying with the updates only confuses things for those trying to find out what is going on!)

Here are the names of the individuals "sanctioned".

Here's a list of the 11 Russians and Ukrainians facing U.S. sanctions, as compiled by Reuters.

Viktor Yanukovich, deposed president of Ukraine

Viktor Medvedchuk, former head of Ukrainian Presidential Administration

Sergei Aksyonov, Crimea's prime minister

Valentina Matviyenko, Russian Upper House speaker

Dmitry Rogozin, deputy prime minister of Russia

Sergei Glazyev, Russian presidential adviser

Vladislav Surkov, Russian presidential aide

Yelena Mizulina, member of Russian parliament

Andrei Klishas, member of Russian parliament

Leonid Slutsky, member of Russian parliament

Vladimir Konstantinov, Crimean parliament speaker

Click here for short bios of the U.S. sanctions targets.

Reuters

Hmm.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yusomad

DJW001
The United States specializes in regime change.

We all know that, south america in the 60s and 70s is well known for that, and is what happened in ukraine already (must insist in you keeping up with the events discussed here), but I dont think that this message is entirely good for your ideals. I thought the bad guys were the russians?

All that matters is that the United States can and will use overt military force to achieve its ends. This has been demonstrated time and again in the historical record. If anyone thinks that the United States would not sink the entire Black Sea Fleet while it was in harbor had better think again.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

DJW001

Dolby_X

renden

ProfessorT
I bet Vladimir Putin is sitting in the Kremlin laughing at the latest sanctions imposed. Sanctions are a big risk to the stability of the worlds economy and they don't help anyone, not least the countries imposing them. I wonder what will happen when Putin invades Eastern Ukraine? Once again the EU and the US are making themselves look weak and ineffective.

Dude, why would Putin invade Eastern Ukraine? That would be like Texas invading New Mexico...

check my post up there talking about Duma that may vote a law to annex other region not only Crimea

If they authorize this, they automatically become a criminal regime. The United States specializes in regime change.

Oh, and a Nazi regime put in power by US is not criminal. OK then, then if the Devil him self gets American sponsorship then all will be cool and legal.

Wow, talking about hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
One of the Russian Sanctionees (is that word?) has this to say -

The speaker of Russia's upper house of parliament on Monday denounced as "political blackmail" US sanctions imposed by the White House on her and 10 other Russian and Ukrainian officials over Moscow's takeover of Crimea.

"This is an unprecedented decision. Such a thing was unheard of even during the Cold War," Valentina Matviyenko, Russia's leading female politician and its third highest-ranking figure, told the Interfax news agency.

"This is political blackmail," Matviyenko said, adding that the sanctions would not hurt her as she said she held "no accounts and no property abroad". [Reuters]

Aljazeera

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

DJW001

Yusomad

DJW001

We all know that, south america in the 60s and 70s is well known for that, and is what happened in ukraine already (must insist in you keeping up with the events discussed here), but I dont think that this message is entirely good for your ideals. I thought the bad guys were the russians?

All that matters is that the United States can and will use overt military force to achieve its ends. This has been demonstrated time and again in the historical record. If anyone thinks that the United States would not sink the entire Black Sea Fleet while it was in harbor had better think again.

Rape, murder, pillage, sure, that's what "freedom" is all about. Good job there sport, keep on doing what ur doing, because USA has lost the last shred of credibility, and is now associated with islamo-fascists. Congratulations.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

And here is a direct response from one of those on the list you provided (Al Jazzera Live Blog)

Quote deleted because Wookiep is faster than I am!

I'm sure those sanctions just has everyone shakin' in their perverbial shorts. I'm sorry, but a quote from one of my fav brit-coms comes to mind here. From Ms. Slocombe in "Are You Being Served".... "Weak as water... weak as WATER!". No wonder the world laughs at us.

(As for your apology..don't sweat it. We all have a breaking point and need to let off some steam from time to time. It's all good.)

EDIT TO ADD: Sorry, Wookiep...must have been typing this as you were posting the exact same quote from Al Jazzera.
edit on 17-3-2014 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Cross posting of quote

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Just posted barely ahead of yours haha. Yes though, I think this is embarrassing. I think these individual "sanctions" are only hurting the image of the U.S. and it's allies. Just my opinion..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Putin signs order to recognize Crimea as a sovereign independent state

RT

That was fast!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

renden

DJW001

Dolby_X

renden

ProfessorT
I bet Vladimir Putin is sitting in the Kremlin laughing at the latest sanctions imposed. Sanctions are a big risk to the stability of the worlds economy and they don't help anyone, not least the countries imposing them. I wonder what will happen when Putin invades Eastern Ukraine? Once again the EU and the US are making themselves look weak and ineffective.

Dude, why would Putin invade Eastern Ukraine? That would be like Texas invading New Mexico...

check my post up there talking about Duma that may vote a law to annex other region not only Crimea

If they authorize this, they automatically become a criminal regime. The United States specializes in regime change.

Oh, and a Nazi regime put in power by US is not criminal. OK then, then if the Devil him self gets American sponsorship then all will be cool and legal.

Wow, talking about hypocrisy.

Theres plenty of nazi groups in Russia in fact we could argue Putin supports them since he allows the to beat gays and immigrants without going to jail. Just because a far right group participated in the protests doesnt mean Kiev is nazis. In fact right sector doesnt have one representative in the Duma though now they'll probably get seats because Ukrainians are learning to hate Russia.I really wonder if Putin realizes the cost hes going to pay for this? Hes creating Syria right at his front door.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
rt.com...

The ban on Russian government officials possessing foreign assets has come into force after President Putin signed the laws. Officials can now be dismissed if they hold overseas accounts and other financial instruments.

Top state officials at different levels – from heads of country’s biggest corporations like Gazprom or Lukoil to the bosses of the country’s key state bodies like the Central Bank, can be punished if they, or their spouses or underage children, have any sort of financial asset abroad.

So what are they sanctioning again?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Just heard on the Greek News, that Ukraine is preparing for war??

Can somebody of you guys in the Ukraine give us some input?
edit on 17-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I wonder what American and European assets are in Russia they could freeze

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hellas
Putin signs order to recognize Crimea as a sovereign independent state

RT

That was fast!

Russia does not pussy foot around.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Well played Mr. Putin... Well played...

I'm sure London is not pleased by this announcement because I hear a lot of Russian money is invested there. Not sure how much of it is from "officials" though.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Hellas
Just heard on the Greek News, that Ukraine is preparing for war??

Can somebody of you guys in the Ukraine give us some input?
edit on 17-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

That is a curveball.. I do wish we could get this confirmed by the OP or someone in Ukraine. The last I heard was that Ukraine and Crimea are in a "truce" until Friday. Which I found confusing at the time as it is..

Reuters: Ukraine, Russia agree on Crimea truce until March 21
edit on 17-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

In the wake of a March 16 referendum in which Crimeans voted to join the Russian Federation, Ukrainian leaders refused to cede any part of the peninsula, calling on their troops to prepare for war.

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

Yikes and from that same article -

“Crimea was, is, and will be our territory,” said Defense Minister Ihor Tenyukh in a statement delivered at the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center on March 17.

That is quite the bold statement. They are not getting external support for "taking it back". It's lost. I don't think making such statements is a good idea... Ukraine needs to concentrate on not allowing further advancement into eastern Ukraine at this point..
edit on 17-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

renden

DJW001

Yusomad

DJW001

Rape, murder, pillage, sure, that's what "freedom" is all about. Good job there sport, keep on doing what ur doing, because USA has lost the last shred of credibility, and is now associated with islamo-fascists. Congratulations.

Yep. Russians are going to die because of Putin's arrogance. Rape, murder, horror, death, blood running in the streets of Moscow. Thank Mr. Putin for bringing the wrath of the evil fascistic American Empire onto the people he was supposed to be protecting.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

majesticgent
reply to post by khimbar

Well played Mr. Putin... Well played...

I'm sure London is not pleased by this announcement because I hear a lot of Russian money is invested there. Not sure how much of it is from "officials" though.

And this was back in May 2013.

Well played indeed.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Russia Hints It May Force Ukraine Into Default, "May Ask Ukraine For Its $20 Billion Share For Ex-Soviet Debt"

the Ukraine owes $3 billion to Russia in bonds that have been issued under UK law. One of the stipulations of the bonds is that if the Ukraine's debt-to-GDP ratio should exceed 60%, the bonds will become immediately callable.

More here....
www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join