It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian helicopters heading to Sevastopol, Ukraine

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The next time that rust bucket Soviet aircraft carrier parks off Scotland
I hope the Royal navy #ing sink it.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Self propelled artillery maybe?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well he is ex-KGB, so it remains to be seen. Seems to be a hard guy to read, but I don't believe he is afraid to call our bluff, or even have the desire to make sure that his name is put in big letters inside the history books. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Alright petal I didn't mean for you to get upset

Yes there are comparisons between the two but the same could be said for your beloved America, you have gone into countries for the pretense of spreading your freedom fries loving democracy and have left the places more #ed that they have ever been, your government has been sticking its grubby little hands in everyone else pie for decades but it is ok because they are "liberating" these poor sods. It is ok for America to start illegal wars and Russia not to because what? Is it ok to you because you American? Kettle calling pot black and before you say you haven't invaded anyone, you might not have stayed in those countries but you sure did # them up, for resources and military positioning.
edit on 28-2-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

rigel4
I got this off twitter a few minutes ago .. Are these Main Battle tanks?

They look a bit small for that.. but i don't know

edit on 28-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Wow

And Russia are claiming its not a Invasion....

The west missed a trick there with Iraq and Afghanistan we should have just turned up with our military might claiming it wast a invasion and skipped the war bit and just went straight into occupation

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

2S1 122mm SP artillery

2S1 Gvozdika

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I just don't see how Russia thinks its going to come out of this smelling like Roses. Invading a sovereign nation in the manner Russia has... I just don't see how he can justify it, either to the Russian people, the Ukrainian people or the world community as a whole.

Where does it stop. If they get away with it in the Crimea, what will prevent Russia from retaking other former soviet republics? Or non former republics for that manner?

What about the remainder of Ukraine? They have already stated they don't recognize the current government. Does that allow Russia to swing west to control the remainder of the country once the Crimea area is consolidated?

Its the 21st century and we are still fighting over piddily crap...

My kingdom for a starship, and awesome crew and a lifetime supply of dilithium.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

sosobad
for resources and military positioning.

Well at least you comprehend that part of the strategy.
~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by rigel4

Self propelled artillery maybe?

That's what I thought, too. But, I can't find a good picture of Russian mobile artillery. Definitely not main battle tanks, though. Still looking for images...maybe an Akatsiya....? Looks like that has the wrong number of wheels, though
edit on 28-2-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

SheopleNation

Well he is ex-KGB, so it remains to be seen. Seems to be a hard guy to read, but I don't believe he is afraid to call our bluff, or even have the desire to make sure that his name is put in big letters inside the history books. ~$heopleNation

This is the part where I think people are not making the connection.

Putin can call all the bluffs he wants. The question is can he back it? While their military has been upgrading its still no where near the levels for sustained multi theatre conflict.

As for ones name going into the history books... That can be good or bad, depending on what the person did to get mentioned.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

sosobad
Alright petal I didn't mean for you to get upset

Im not upset... I am trying to prevent a thread drift based on personal back and forth that would require mods locking the thread for review. With the situation current, it would not be fair to others who are not name calling.

sosobad
Yes there are comparisons between the two but the same could be said for your beloved America, you have gone into countries for the pretense of spreading your freedom fries loving democracy and have left the places more #ed that they have ever been, your government has been sticking its grubby little hands in everyone else pie for decades but it is ok because they are "liberating" these poor sods. It is ok for America to start illegal wars and Russia not to because what? Is it ok to you because you American? Kettle calling pot black and before you say you haven't invaded anyone, you might not have stayed in those countries but you sure did # them up, for resources and military positioning.
edit on 28-2-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

if you read my posts you would have seen I already discussed American actions and the hypocrisy involved. I stated it again when it came to how Obama phrased his speech towards Russian actions.

Please read my posts and understand them before responding so we can avoid the direction it takes both of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I don't have any answers for how this will end. I hope peacefully, but I just don't see that happening.

Expect Turkey to be involved shortly.

Turkish Tatar's are calling for Crimean Tatar's to fight Russian occupation.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

crazyewok

rigel4
I got this off twitter a few minutes ago .. Are these Main Battle tanks?

They look a bit small for that.. but i don't know

edit on 28-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

Wow

And Russia are claiming its not a Invasion....

The west missed a trick there with Iraq and Afghanistan we should have just turned up with our military might claiming it wast a invasion and skipped the war bit and just went straight into occupation

Well, I found out what they are. Russian 2S1 Gvozdika, 122mm self-propelled howitzer.

I can't get the pic to show...for some reason.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

peck420

I don't have any answers for how this will end. I hope peacefully, but I just don't see that happening.

Expect Turkey to be involved shortly.

Turkish Tatar's are calling for Crimean Tatar's to fight Russian occupation.

Great.. I would assume Turkey would have a plan in place when the PKK calls on support to secure their autonomy from Turkish occupation while using Turkish actions in Crimea as justification?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

They are mobile artillery units, see my previous post. More info at the link.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Kgdetroit

They are mobile artillery units, see my previous post. More info at the link.

Just saw your post, lol. I was frantically searching google images, and you found it first.
But, yes, this isn't really a good sign...very bad, indeed.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
8 Cargo planes landed in Crimea

Serhiy Astakhov, a spokesman for the Ukrainian border service, said eight Russian transport planes landed in Crimea Peninsula in southern Ukraine with unknown cargo.

He told The Associated Press that the Il-76 planes arrived unexpectedly and were given permission to land, one after the other, at Gvardeiskoye air base, north of the regional capital, Simferopol. Astakhov said the people in the planes refused to identify themselves and waved off customs officials, saying they didn't require their services.

news.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Larger pic

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Airports and border posts being taken by armed men in uniform with no insignias...
Airplanes landing and waiving off customs officials...
Masked / armed men seizing government buildings...

What is wrong with that picture?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Larger pic

Thanks! These things are fully amphibious, as well. No wonder they were one of the first armored vehicles in the Crimea. Dangerous times.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join