It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian helicopters heading to Sevastopol, Ukraine

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

alldaylong
Give what back?

Well I don't know....

Hows the weather there?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
Give what back?

Well I don't know....

Hows the weather there?

Fine here.

Sounds like you need to get into the shade though.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Oh!!!!

You are think that Russia has taken over Ukraine.

Why?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

How would you feel about that if they did?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

peck420
At the fall of the USSR, Crimea was very anti-Russia, and for good reason. If Ukraine had not intervened in 1995 by removing Meshkov and scrapping the Crimean Constitution, we would be having this debate, they would have most likely continued to be pro-Ukraine.

My point though was its not like this is something that happened over night, surprising ethnic Russians living in a foreign country. They did not just wake up this last week and realize they were living in Ukraine. Since 1995 what have Eastern Ukraine / Crimea done to resolve what they feel is a problem?

Developing Democracies are dangerous in the sense that people think they can use the system, and then disregard the system when they did not get their way. They also scream persecution, not because they are being unfairly targeted / restricted, but because they feel their mindset is best, and everyone should be required to accept it and live under it.

peck420
You don't understand. The voting block that was considered the 'swing' vote was the Tartars returning home. They had been violently forced out of the are by Stalin. For whatever reason, they have gone pro-Russia. This I have no explanation for. I would never back the government that expelled my people from my home...ever.

Could it be promises from outside sources running their own agendas and making promises that most likely cant be kept if successful?

peck420 See above.

So we don't really know why it remained the way it did until today?

peck420Yes, repeatedly. The next will be held on May 25th, 2014...assuming all out war hasn't broken out by then.

here is my next question on the vote - Who is eligible to vote? Is the voting restricted to only the Crimea region or the entire country?

Should all Ukrainian citizens be able to vote since the result of that vote could have significant changes on the country as a whole?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

SLAYER69

How would you feel about that if they did?

" If" is a big word.

The Russians could return home tomorrow. Lets wait and see shall we.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

alldaylong

Yes, lets.

Do you honestly think they will?

Tomorrow that is?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

Yes, lets.

Tomorrow that is?

I'll take outer planets for $500 Alex.....

what is - "no"

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

Yes, lets.

Tomorrow that is?

Last week did you think Russians would come over the border?

I wish we all had a crystal ball. Life would be so much easier.
edit on 28-2-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

LOL

I know it's funny. Let's split hairs over wording meanwhile Russia is moving in troops. But hey some would prefer to play half assed mind games thinking they're making a point.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

SLAYER69

LOL

I know it's funny. Let's split hairs over wording meanwhile Russia is moving in troops. But hey some would prefer to play half assed mind games thinking they're making a point.

LOL

I was thinking about Putin and what he has stated over the last few weeks / months.

No, Russia has no intentions of sending troops into Ukraine.
No, Russia wont get involved as we consider it an internal issue of Ukraine's.
No, 150k Russian forces had this exercise planned for months now.

Ironic that the debate on credibility has been turned back on Putin. Can what he says from here on out with regards to Ukraine be taken as honest and sincere?
edit on 28-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
There is every possibility that Russia could turn around and go home, remember when everyone said that the US would strike Syria, it was a damn certainty and that was stopped at the last minute and this could be too. As for others calling it an invasion so far, your own President says that they are near Ukraine not in it.....

www.wptv.com...
edit on 28-2-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes.
There's a thread that was started last week about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Obama talks tough......Jeez

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 5m Senior U.S. official says Obama would consider skipping G8 summit in Sochi in June if Russia stages military intervention in #Ukraine Details

Pathetic

PS: I hate putin so much ..dirty gangster

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

sosobad
There is every possibility that Russia could turn around and go home, remember when everyone said that the US would strike Syria, it was a certainty that was stopped at the last minute and this could be too. As for others calling it an invasion so far, your own President says that they are near Ukraine not in it.....

www.wptv.com...

There is a difference between airstrikes and sending in ground units. One suggests limited involvement while the other suggests long term occupation.

As for Obama - that position is crap. The only reason he has said that is because going the other way would require Obama to admit he uses the very tactics he is trying to denounce.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

sosobad
There is every possibility that Russia could turn around and go home, remember when everyone said that the US would strike Syria, it was a damn certainty and that was stopped at the last minute and this could be too. As for others calling it an invasion so far, your own President says that they are near Ukraine not in it.....

www.wptv.com...

The Crimea Is Ukraine the last I heard ..bud
/Don't think they will be going home either.
edit on 28-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

link   

rigel4
Obama talks tough......Jeez

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 5m Senior U.S. official says Obama would consider skipping G8 summit in Sochi in June if Russia stages military intervention in #Ukraine Details

Pathetic

PS: I hate putin so much ..dirty gangster

The only thing allowing Obama to stand upright is the starch in his shirt.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by rigel4

Lol. Hey Obama June is a long way from now.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Again read what I am saying, I said that the strikes were sure to happen and didn't, not that they are the same. My god now do you know why I said you are blinded by the red white and blue

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join