It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian helicopters heading to Sevastopol, Ukraine

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Chechnya II is what's wrong with it. Will the Russians never learn?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Most definitely not, artillery has been the backbone of previous Russian incursions; they're following the same playbook of Kandahar, Grozny, Abkhazia etc. or at the least laying the foundation to do so. Although that's kind of stating the obvious at this point

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Xcathdra

seasoul
For those who believe Russia will walk away from the Ukraine-Crimea without engaging in a brutal protracted apocalyptic fight to the death, you'd better think twice.

Ironic... I love how people in this thread are ok with Russia seizing parts of a sovereign nation because of gas resources yet they throw a bloody fit when its done by some other countries.

I think many of us realize what would happen if that were Canada or Mexico.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

masqua

Chechnya II is what's wrong with it. Will the Russians never learn?

The Russian people - yes
The Russian government - no

People are ignoring the population of Russia. This is no longer the Soviet Union, and I don't see the Russian people accepting orders to fight without guns this time, only to tell them to pick up guns from those who are killed and continue to advance.

I think freedoms have taken hold that are going to be very difficult for Putin to take away. Even with the clampdown on media you still have people protesting / speaking out against Putin and his policies. The Russians are not uneducated farmers anymore, and to treat them as such will be disastrous.

As a side note I found it interesting that my cable provider has been playing Enemy at the Gates the last few weeks.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Xcathdra

seasoul
For those who believe Russia will walk away from the Ukraine-Crimea without engaging in a brutal protracted apocalyptic fight to the death, you'd better think twice.

Ironic... I love how people in this thread are ok with Russia seizing parts of a sovereign nation because of gas resources yet they throw a bloody fit when its done by some other countries.

I don't see Canada invading the United States over the Keystone pipeline.

However, my point was to point out the people whose mindset has changed now that a country that is not the US has taken an action they liked blaming the US for.

If the actions of the US were that bad in this area, where they constantly call out the problems it creates, then why support it when Russia does it? That mindset is how we end up in the situations we are in now.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Surveillance video captures moment armed men seize Crimea government building

www.theglobeandmail.com... pid=rss1&click=dlvr.it
edit on 28-2-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Your link is showing 404'd

here is the direct link -

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I think you're absolutely right. Putin had better keep looking over his shoulder to make sure the Russian people are behind him, because I also don't believe they're all that happy with him.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
just to put my 2penny on this
SP are for offensiv not defence of position ! be sure the Cremia region is just a start.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Just fixed it

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Here is a full youtube video of the armed men

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Kuroodo

Just fixed it

Apparently the website doesn't like the edited by ATS lines. Had to remove the ATS line so the link would show.

reply to post by Kuroodo

Anyone else noticing the white arm bands on the people?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The white bands seem interesting. They sure where also packing some heavy gear

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
A pretty good summation of the anatomy of an annexation here, from Popular Mechanics no less.

How To Annex Another Nation's Territory: The Crimean Invasion In 6 Easy Steps

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Kuroodo
Here is a full youtube video of the armed men

Interesting. I have no clue what is going on, but it looks to be one of the television stations that were taken? I say this, because during the video, the man on the left looks to be a normal security officer. He seems to be consoled by one of the Russian soldiers, as he has his hand on him. The Russian soldier constantly pats him, as if to reassure him he is not going to be harmed...maybe the security officer was frightened. We have no audio, so I am only guessing.

They are carrying some heavy damn equipment, that's for sure. One man even seemed to carry an RPG? I'm going to watch it again and get the timestamp. Edited: Nah, I'm guessing I was mistaken...probably just the guys carrying the LMG's, is what I saw.

Funny moment: 1:16 the dumb-dumb who can't get through the turnstile is highly amusing.

edit on 28-2-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2014 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

MrMaybeNot
reply to post by seasoul

To tell you the truth, I stand with Russia on this. They're not the aggressors here, they're merely trying to protect their assets.

What like they're doing in Syria... Lol

Killing the Sunni Muslims in Syria who are a 90% majority in there country but governed by Assad and his 5% minority Russian backed regime?

Yeah Russia will arm Assad to the teeth to kill his own people and do all they can to keep him in power all for Russia to have access to the Mediterranean naval base, because if Assad is gone and a Sunni government installed, Russia will lose it puppet in the region not to mention it's only med naval base as the Sunni government will lean the same way as the Saudis and Qatar and Dubai, and that's towards the west and there allies

It's no different In Ukraine...

Bribe corrupt Ukrainian government officials to sell out the voice of there people in order to align with Russia, then when the people just as in Syria rebel on the street and protest in large numbers... crack down on them and declare them to be terrorists and start shooting at them? Government serve the people END OFF

90% of Ukraine want to cut ties with there brutal soviet Russian mafia and have suffered under them and next to them for hundreds of years...

90% of the Sunni majority in Syria who wanted the Russian backed Assad minority government in power "out"

Russia wanted influence over Syria and Ukraine and you ignore the wishes of the people that actually live and there wishes ALL BECAUSE of Russian interests and investment? What?

Why would they want influence of those two countries? Could it be because Qatar want to build a super pipeline to Europe making Gazprom/ the Russian economy collapse? Lol Russia is desperate and relying on idiots sympathising with them, and also actively funds the BS anti west propaganda people read on the web

YOU FOOl

Say sorry to the hundreds of thousands dead in Syria and the millions that may die in Ukraine

There is no way Russia will be successful in Syria, it's the new Afghanistan will Saudi and Qatar Sunni Muslim funding... And there is NO WAY Russia fancies taking on NATO, it would be severely one sided even with china in toe

Russia will back down,

edit on 28-2-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Xcathdra
This is the part where I think people are not making the connection.

How do you know what people are not making a connection about, and who?

Putin can call all the bluffs he wants. The question is can he back it? While their military has been upgrading its still no where near the levels for sustained multi theatre conflict.

Well let's not underestimate Russia either, even though I am very aware that they do not possess the power that we do.

As for ones name going into the history books... That can be good or bad, depending on what the person did to get mentioned.

Yep, that is usually how it works. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Char-Lee

Xcathdra

seasoul

However, my point was to point out the people whose mindset has changed now that a country that is not the US has taken an action they liked blaming the US for.

If the actions of the US were that bad in this area, where they constantly call out the problems it creates, then why support it when Russia does it? That mindset is how we end up in the situations we are in now.

I can see the United States invading Canada if China or Russia tried to invade Canada or fund regime change for extremist groups.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

MrMaybeNot

Xcathdra

Char-Lee

Xcathdra

seasoul

I can see the United States invading Canada if China or Russia tried to invade Canada or fund regime change for extremist groups.

That doesn't work

It would be the US funding regime change in Canada,

Then sending in troops after 90% of the Canadian public and MPs wanted closer ties with Russia and kicked out its PM/government

The voice of the people is what matters not the PM in bed with the Russian mafia... The government serve the people and the opposition government and the people have spoken, it's a BIG fat no to returning to the brutal soviet empire, and a big fat yes for closer ties to Europe it's just a shame Russia doesn't respect that as it doesn't respect the protests in Syria that began in the Arab spring as peaceful protest and are now having to fight Assad and Russian weapons in Syria

SCUM UTTER SCUM

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

I'm totally against war, but I believe the United States created and funded the problem in Syria, I also think the chemical attack was set up by the United States. I believe the only reason the United States didn't invade Syria is Vladimir Putin's call to reason and massive civil opposition in the US. I believe that Nato has a plan to attack Russia with anti missile systems in Ukraine. What would you say if Russia invaded Canada? If Russia funded mass civil unrest in Canada against the United States?

I'm not saying Russia is all wonderland and rainbows, but I don't think they're the bullies here, they have NO OPTION but to protect their key assets and supply lines in Ukraine. It saddens me that people are going to die over this. I think there is much more going on behind closed doors than what we see on the news.

Please don't resort to calling people fools, I disagree with you and I respect your points and opinion. Please keep the discussion constructive.
edit on 28-2-2014 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join