It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third eye, higher consciousness, etc. warnings?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lincourtz

The biggest actual danger you face when opening yourself up on a psychic level is the experiences you run into over time. This is why protection is needed. Because waiting out there in the unseen are things that will scare you to the point of going mental if you do not protect yourself somehow. It is different for everyone, but the bottom line is always use caution and protection (find what works best for you and your own belief system) because if you don't, maybe not right away, but sooner or later, you will run into something bad. It might not be an actual being of some sort, but just some sort of trauma situation that catches you off guard, and those can be really painful if you are not careful.

Always approach opening your "third eye" with caution, but have fun with it.
Just be prepared to get jolted hard sometimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Oozii
Possibly because there are those who understand the bliss and enlightenment we receive from our higher self when we obtain the ability to open our third eye, but we cannot turn that eye blind to what could possibly be manifesting a way to keep us from that knowledge, and we perhaps tend to turn that eye blind from any negative energy's that notice when someone is beginning to allow the flow of positive knowledge and energy influence them.

In other words,

Understand that the negative in our current state, wants to keep us from becoming enlightened, even when you understand that positivity is the answer.

It's verrrrrrrry difficult for me to speak with friends on the outlooks I have on life, simply because they laugh or just don't understand fully how much I want make a change for the better of the entire spectrum of things.

Thank you for this. I don't consider friends people with whom i can't talk about whatever I want to, thats why I have 2 or may be 3. I also believe that where there is light, theres darkness trying to take over

Darkblade71

The biggest actual danger you face when opening yourself up on a psychic level is the experiences you run into over time. This is why protection is needed. Because waiting out there in the unseen are things that will scare you to the point of going mental if you do not protect yourself somehow. It is different for everyone, but the bottom line is always use caution and protection (find what works best for you and your own belief system) because if you don't, maybe not right away, but sooner or later, you will run into something bad. It might not be an actual being of some sort, but just some sort of trauma situation that catches you off guard, and those can be really painful if you are not careful.

Always approach opening your "third eye" with caution, but have fun with it.
Just be prepared to get jolted hard sometimes.

Thank you for this, I had no idea what to expect regarding the "bad" things that they were mentioning. However If the third eye is suppoused to allow you to see what normal eyes can't see I could not understand how that was suppoused to come from my own mind. I want more than that. Lucid dreaming is a good way to get into your own mind. But I want to see the world with different eyes, know, percieve, feel, experience stuff that amaze me and that make me believe that we are spiritual beings beyond anything I've ever believed in or ever experienced before.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Understandable,

I just begun speaking a bit about my thoughts with "friends". I like to think that me speaking to them about what I believe in, weather I get a foul response, or one that show's no interest, that whatever I spoke to them, later on will come in play in a positive way for them.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

However If the third eye is suppoused to allow you to see what normal eyes can't see I could not understand how that was suppoused to come from my own mind. I want more than that. Lucid dreaming is a good way to get into your own mind. But I want to see the world with different eyes, know, percieve, feel, experience stuff that amaze me and that make me believe that we are spiritual beings beyond anything I've ever believed in or ever experienced before.

Once you are open, you can also experience something from another persons point of view and experience, which is part of why you need to be careful. You don't want to accidentally end up in the body of someone who had been murdered. That really does suck.

But then it all depends on what you find you are good at.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Forgive me if this doesn't contribute to answering your questions, just adding my own experiences to the topic.

5 years ago I had no idea what "third eye" was and this "awakening" stuff, I just brushed it off. It was when I started experiencing synchronicity and kept seeing patterns in numbers. This kept occurring for a long time until I was convinced that it was not just coincidence. Many times I would just instinctively pull out my phone to check the time and the same numbers kept appearing. This led me to do more research on the topic.

This started happening when I lost my dog (neglected him throughout my years in high school/college). He died of cancer and I was basically depressed for months, during which these synchronicity started occurring. My way of thinking changed, and I started to value relationships a lot more.

I have no idea if I am anywhere close to achieving third eye consciousness, but from what I've read many things will come into play. This includes your diet (some foods will "damage" the third eye, causing it to calcify), and your lifestyle.

At the moment I'm just trying my best to be kind to everyone, and hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
To me this has to do with the frequency or light/love/kindness, eye we see with. If a person opens it on a low frequency they may be in for some harsher lessons, and actually doing the work we came to do, overcoming all negs in us basically and not concerning ourselves about us as much as striving to make those around us happy. The more we do this and seek to understand all the lessons each day can bring, we will be guided by our own HS/Spirit and Family, Creator, protected, ARK = acts of random kindness, along our path, with insights coming as needed, direction.

It's simply not meant to be done lower frequency.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Darkblade71
You don't want to accidentally end up in the body of someone who had been murdered. That really does suck.
But then it all depends on what you find you are good at.

You mean there are different skills ?

peashooter
Forgive me if this doesn't contribute to answering your questions, just adding my own experiences to the topic.
5 years ago I had no idea what "third eye" was and this "awakening" stuff, I just brushed it off. It was when I started experiencing synchronicity and kept seeing patterns in numbers. This kept occurring for a long time until I was convinced that it was not just coincidence. Many times I would just instinctively pull out my phone to check the time and the same numbers kept appearing. This led me to do more research on the topic.
This started happening when I lost my dog (neglected him throughout my years in high school/college). He died of cancer and I was basically depressed for months, during which these synchronicity started occurring. My way of thinking changed, and I started to value relationships a lot more.
I have no idea if I am anywhere close to achieving third eye consciousness, but from what I've read many things will come into play. This includes your diet (some foods will "damage" the third eye, causing it to calcify), and your lifestyle.
At the moment I'm just trying my best to be kind to everyone, and hope for the best.

You do contribute, my husband is actually experiencing this quite often, he got all exited about it when I read him your post. He believes he's actually feeling the aura of some people even though he can't see it. He can "sense" when people lie, or are sad or whatever withouth any hints or facial expressions.
About the calcification of the pineal gland i've been reading a lot and trying my best to change my lifestyle (specially concerning food, cuz i LOOOVE all the food that you're not suppoused to eat)

Unity_99
To me this has to do with the frequency or light/love/kindness, eye we see with. If a person opens it on a low frequency they may be in for some harsher lessons, and actually doing the work we came to do, overcoming all negs in us basically and not concerning ourselves about us as much as striving to make those around us happy. The more we do this and seek to understand all the lessons each day can bring, we will be guided by our own HS/Spirit and Family, Creator, protected, ARK = acts of random kindness, along our path, with insights coming as needed, direction.
It's simply not meant to be done lower frequency.

What do you mean by lower frequency? how do you know at what frequency are you trying to activate your third eye from?
edit on 24-2-2014 by Lincourtz because: a bit of extra info

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

peashooter

This includes your diet (some foods will "damage" the third eye, causing it to calcify), and your lifestyle.

I think this is definitely important. It seems like the PTB have intentionally formatted a diet specifically for ruining the pineal gland and to bog our bodies down with disease...

Probably best to avoid Flouride, genetically modified ingredients, sugar and artificial sweeteners...

edit on 24-2-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

GoShredAK

I think this is definitely important. It seems like the PTB have intentionally formatted a diet specifically for ruining the pineal gland and to bog our bodies down with disease...
Probably best to avoid Flouride, genetically modified ingredients, sugar and artificial sweeteners...

This is why I'm so pissed at my government atm (aside from poverty and other matters) they are allowing monsanto to settle in our country T.T next thing I know they'll be adding fluoride to tap water :S

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Something I don't get, pertaining to the danger and cautions of opening the third eye is,

if you've reached such a Level of enlightenment, and have actually put in the work meditating and living in a way that creates this path......

Shouldn't you then be at least a little prepared for what waits around the corner?

Sometimes it sounds like you can just accidentally stumble across an awakening experience just playing around...

I would think it takes years and years of disciplined lifestyle, at which point you should be ready for anything.

I can't pretend to know one way or the other

edit on 24-2-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

GoShredAK
Something I don't get, pertaining to the danger and cautions of opening the third eye is,

if you've reached such a Level of enlightenment, and have actually put in the work meditating and living in a way that creates this path......

Shouldn't you then be at least a little prepared for what waits around the corner?

Sometimes it sounds like you can just accidentally stumble across an awakening experience just playing around...

I would think it takes years and years of disciplined lifestyle, at which point you should be ready for anything.

I can't pretend to know one way or the other

edit on 24-2-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

For what i've been reading some people have it activated their whole life, and some people activate it by chance because of different emotional states, like sadness or fear. However they say than when the latter happens it gets "cracked open" which means people see awful stuff which can be like ghosts or entities, bad mainly, that yell at them or touch them even.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

This is why I'm so pissed at my government atm (aside from poverty and other matters) they are allowing monsanto to settle in our country T.T next thing I know they'll be adding fluoride to tap water :S

Yes it's freakin terrible, like on another level...ill glady astral project into god knows where, to get away from Monsanto and his cronies

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

If you think of all the potential realms, in perhaps infinite universes, some potentials or possibilities, but all real and all at once, higher is guilt free, light as a feather, love, expanded and aware and undertanding, empathic and empowered or highly skilled, intelligent, consciousness/spirit, whereas, gravity = harming others and heavy consciousness, nothing more akin to a dwarf star than murder, for example.

Higher Frequency is like Robin Williams in the movie Hook, which had a lot of nudges so to speak: You need your happy thoughts to fly.

Raising frequency is starting to do the work we came to do, reporting to duty to your own soul and trying to help others, selfless, overcoming world programs and prejudice against anyone. Striving to stop trying to win an argument, say if your in a toxic relationship, but start to pull ahead and grow bigger, to the toddlers having the fight with a mature effort to get into what makes the other tick and find ways to heal them up and make them happy. Not taking things personally but trying to help. Seeking integrity, and humor, and nature. Meditation.

Would never really want to have the third eye flower forth like the petals of the lotus unfolding, or in the bible, the gnosis, the unfolding of the lily of the valley, in a lower denser state, for that is closer to matching the lower realms and thus gives them more access. For the scriptures are really hiding the taoist alchemy under the hood.

Opening on the lower frequency of selfishness is the way of the dark magician from what I've heard, basically rather than seeking to perfect here, they often in lower states use substances to force awareness. But its also a tad dangerous.

Seeking within, asking for help in seeing what we in our individual walks, came to do and to see through the world and our own programs, just to help others, asking that we could rise above this, and help others too, is a lifelong journey and we don't get disappointed because we have a team, if a negative shows up, we would have compassion and seek remedy for their pain but also for their removal.

In the end, when one perfects or grows more that way, because its not an end but living the way, a journey that we would never be perfect. Like we think, oh we're all grown up now, but in reality we just learnt, on the cosmic level, to ride our bike without the training wheels. But as we seek to perfect more and more, we are becoming and also connected through third eye and insight to Higher Self and Creator and Family, Goodness and Love.

There is nothing to fear in this journey.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
try this for a few weeks

Pineal Awaking/Empowering Meditation[

The pineal gland is the psychic center of the brain and would be considered the female aspect.
This meditation will awaking and or empower the Pineal Gland. It is very pleasant and often brings a state of bliss.
It is located behind the 3rd eye and is basically in the center of the brain.

Get into a meditative state. Relax, clear your mind, turn electronics off etc…

Close your eyes and Picture the Sun

Breath in and draw white gold energy into your 6th chakra, which is located at the center of your brow on your forehead and onto your Pineal gland. Visualize the white gold energy in front of you and entering your forehead and into your brain.

Affirm this energy. Affirmations make all the difference. Tell yourself that this White-Gold energy is awaking and stimulating your pineal gland.
“I am breathing in powerful awakening white-gold energy onto my pineal gland and is awakening/stimulating it”
Breath in and affirm the white-gold energy 5-10x times

Visualize a bright ball of light in the center of your brain

Focus and feel upon this energy and the center of your brain. You should feel pleasantness or bliss. And if you do not just keep trying and be patient.

What I did is went outside when the sun was out and did this meditation. The sun is the most powerful source of energy in our Solar System Hence Solar Energy.
“I am breathing in powerful awaking white gold energy from the sun onto my pineal gland and is awakening and stimulating it”

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.spiritofthescripture.com...

The Egyptians referred to this area of the brain as the Eye of Horus. Jesus also spoke of the eye when he said:

“…If therefore your eye be single, then your whole body shall be full of light.” (Matt. 6:28).

I believe the Eye of Horus and Jesus’ single eye refers collectively to hypothalamus, third ventricle, and the pineal and pituitary glands near the center of your brain. It is interesting to note how these areas work to influence the entire nervous and endocrine system; the hypothalamus and pituitary gland especially work together to link these two. When kundalini rises through these areas, the nervous and endocrine systems are greatly affected, causing superior functionality and altered states of higher consciousness and awareness.

When Jesus refers to the single eye being full of light, he means the opening of the Third Eye, which is also known as the “eye of the soul.” This eye of soul is a gateway to expanded consciousness. It is a link to the higher self and divine intuition. It is also where spirit and matter unite in the divine marriage.

The importance of male and female energies and God

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Why would the ancient Egyptians care about this region of the brain? Two words: higher consciousness.

The Egyptian god Horus was a sky god (the falcon). As the sky god, he represented higher consciousness. We can take this a step further and say that Horus represents what you and I can attain. And in order to attain this higher consciousness, something must be awakened within the eye of Horus so that the “single eye” also becomes the ALL SEEING EYE.

Now let’s break down Jesus’ statement. I want you to see not only how it relates to the Eye of Horus, but also how it suggests a divine manifestation in our body temple.....

Esoteric literature hints at certain glands in the Eye of Horus region that take place in this marriage. For example, the Upanishad is filled with symbolism that explains how kundalini rises up the spine and splits into a positive and negative charge. As it enters the chakra region associated with the third eye, the positive / male energy strikes the pineal gland and the negative / female energy strikes the pituitary gland. This causes the cosmic marriage and subsequent birth of the Christ within us as hormones are mixed in a sort of divine cocktail. Some believe that since the pineal gland is the gateway to the spiritual self, it is through this portal that higher consciousness is properly channeled when Kundalini is raised. Some conclude that the pineal gland must first be activated causing a secretion of a milky substance which then impregnates the pituitary gland. In turn, this gland then releases more hormones.

This lines up perfectly with the Bible. Psalm 23:5 states:

“Thou anoinest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.”...

What I am about to explain here is probably the most important part of this post. It is my belief that higher consciousness (your higher self) wishes to manifest in the physical realm. The physical body is the vehicle for this process. However, it has to mature to a certain point before it is ready. Physical processes and conscious experiences are responsible for bringing this higher awareness into the body to be lived out here on earth and expressed! Higher consciousness will ultimately be expressed through creative processes that utilize more love, joy, and peace towards our fellow man, animals, and the earth itself. It is our duty and job to then work towards this awesome calling.

There are many mysteries in the scriptures, and most of it is about achieving Higher Mind, overcoming our primitive selves and anger and warring and lack of empathy, allowance of starvation and homelessness, or allowing slavery, forcing people, who have every right to live in peace naturally.

Its all about achieving Higher Mind.

With or without gnostic inner insight understandings, its not really what one believes if its a loving non restrictive inner journey, ie avoiding fundamentalism.

Its more about going within, and asking for your own soul and Creator,if you see this, or Family, or Love and Goodness, to guide you as you shed off worldly programs and isms and overcome ego attachments to beliefs and feeling better than anyone else, so gaining the wish to help, world, nature, people. As you do this, you begin to operate from Higher Mind.

And in Higher Mind, you certainly are not afraid of Third Eye awakening, for that merely means more of yourself from behind the veil we have dimming our soul memories here is shining light into the world.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I can answer some of the points.

1. what is this danger that you may face when opening the third eye?

The biggest danger you experience is not being ready. Some of the things that you see or experience might turn your head upside down. There are days where I go to sleep, and it's almost like I've entered into another version of myself, living in an alternate universe where things are almost the same as here. There are times where I'll see shadows out of the corner's of my eyes, or too much Deja Vu in one day.

Also, many of the warnings are similar to those of Oujia boards - apparently, people try to "force" their 3rd eye to open, and when it does, the experience scares them to the point that they don't want to do it again.

2. what is it that i may not like seeing/hearing?

It'll vary - I can tell you this though: Not all ghosts are pretty looking, nor do they always have the best language. You could experience anything from something staring at you, to loud noises only you seem to hear. Again, it's hard to say what you'll experience once you enter the rabbit hole.

2.b- does this happen to everybody who opens their third eye?

Not everyone experiences the same things in a similar manner - After opening it, you might only be able to sense energy, while the person next to me might be able to see spirits. Or, nothing may happen, as you need to decide where you want your ability to take you. No book can teach you that

Bonus points:
1. Technically, you don't need "protection", as you are more powerful than any entity on this planet. I say technically because many people still need it, as they don't know what they are capable of. If I feel like an entity or person is threatening, I'll mentally send out a warning, alerting them that I don't play "games", and most presences pick up the hint rather quickly.

2. I advise you don't linger too much in the books (at least, in this case) - For example, I found that I was able to have more successful OBE attempts just by experimenting on my own; Robert Monroe's books were a good read, but hard to follow. Robert Bruce had a lot of material, but it read like a little-kids book, where I didn't know what I should be doing. William Buhlman tied the two together, but I still couldn't get it. And then, I tried my own method, and it worked a couple nights in a row.

3. Always look at the warnings with a grain of salt - the problem here is that those that have bad experiences think that everyone experiences the same thing, when in fact each person experiences something completely different.

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Lincourtz
3. has anyone here opened it with the aid of Samuel Sagan's book?
3b. how long did it take?
3c. what did you see?
3d. is that the right order? (i know some of you may disagree with eachother because i've read different points of views regarding the order)

1- No danger, perhaps some headaches. You will see things for what they truly are (spiritual eyes), this can cause a bit of a shock to your reality. It can also be abit of trouble driving for a short period while it opens.

2-You are open to perceiving that of the spiritual world both higher and lower dimensions. You can be taunted or influenced by low vibrational entities.

2b- No, if it does, shielding your aura is suffice. If a being wishes to communicate only do so if it shows you love (flushing a vibration of love,bliss through your body) this can be subtle or strong depending on the entity.

3a- No

3b- unsure one day it just opened, i hadn't been meditating to long and just discovered an interest kundalini.

3c- activating your 3rd eye is in turn activating your perpetuity gland, this gland receives light, light is both sound, vibration, sight. What you perceive with this can very greatly from audible to visual communication.

3d- Everyone chakras are at their own level of development depending on the attributes of that person, for that reason their is no method of working on a chakra, some are stronger then others and some can be strengthened more then others. For best utilization of the energy body one is to raise the kundalini, which i wont go into to much, but you raise the vibration from the bottom of your being till it reaches the top, this will naturally awaken all chakras. This is a lengthy process but is far more beneficial than just awakening one. As i didnt know what i was getting my self into, i awoke my 3rd eye first, it just resulted mostly in receiving light and the ability to read auras, or the emotions people are emitting, which made it virtually impossible for people to lie. Either way it gets you hooked.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Lincourtz

GoShredAK

Vegetarian diet will drastically increase the development of your subtle body.
-clean water
-raw/earth foods
-you are entering the world of vibration, the vibration of what you put in your body effects your vibration.
-Also emotional clearing will avoid alot of headaches in this process.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It's not something that can be learned in the traditional sense, I'm sorry to say.

It either happens or it doesn't. If it does happen, trust me, you will know it and it's hard to cope with at first.

To be honest, ignorance is bliss.

If you want a fundamental understanding, then look up thye story of tarot cards, from 1 through to 22 - (22 being the "fool" again)

en.wikipedia.org...

The story is the journey of the fool on the path to enlightenment. half way there the fool actually dies and is reborn.

It may seem abstract but belief is the beginning, without belief there is only doubt
and with doubt comes a lack of self-confidence.

In terms of the third eye and chakras etc, do you need to think about your arm moving or your sense of smell and sight?? It is automatic - the same can be said for so-called "pseudoscience" topics.

Does that make any sense?
edit on 25/2/14 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

hoonsince89

Lincourtz
3. has anyone here opened it with the aid of Samuel Sagan's book?
3b. how long did it take?
3c. what did you see?
3d. is that the right order? (i know some of you may disagree with eachother because i've read different points of views regarding the order)

1- No danger, perhaps some headaches. You will see things for what they truly are (spiritual eyes), this can cause a bit of a shock to your reality. It can also be abit of trouble driving for a short period while it opens.

2-You are open to perceiving that of the spiritual world both higher and lower dimensions. You can be taunted or influenced by low vibrational entities.

2b- No, if it does, shielding your aura is suffice. If a being wishes to communicate only do so if it shows you love (flushing a vibration of love,bliss through your body) this can be subtle or strong depending on the entity.

3a- No

3b- unsure one day it just opened, i hadn't been meditating to long and just discovered an interest kundalini.

3c- activating your 3rd eye is in turn activating your perpetuity gland, this gland receives light, light is both sound, vibration, sight. What you perceive with this can very greatly from audible to visual communication.

3d- Everyone chakras are at their own level of development depending on the attributes of that person, for that reason their is no method of working on a chakra, some are stronger then others and some can be strengthened more then others. For best utilization of the energy body one is to raise the kundalini, which i wont go into to much, but you raise the vibration from the bottom of your being till it reaches the top, this will naturally awaken all chakras. This is a lengthy process but is far more beneficial than just awakening one. As i didnt know what i was getting my self into, i awoke my 3rd eye first, it just resulted mostly in receiving light and the ability to read auras, or the emotions people are emitting, which made it virtually impossible for people to lie. Either way it gets you hooked.

The danger can be that of you have trouble interpreting signals or signs you may think your going insane. It takes a strong mind to bring yourself back from the brink on insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join