It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

FyreByrd

dave_welch
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod, all I know is that you should stay away from Acme brand products while pursuing that bird. I'd hate to see you plastered to the side of a mesa.

This made me think of another catagory that I dont see much of - cars!!

Thanks for your comment Fyre... Please excuse me whilst I squeeze myself out from under this enormous ACME anvil which has just dropped from the sky and sent me plummeting down a ravine making a "ploof" noise on impact...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by FyreByrd

And my avatar says what about me?

LOL

Being a scientific, whenever I see your avatar Beez I automatically think of the Draize test...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

LizardSlicks
If you're using a picture of yourself as your avatar you're probably not all that bright but find yourself quite swell and are more than likely a douche. Or you might just be old.

don't hate me because i'm beautiful

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Jarring

LizardSlicks
If you're using a picture of yourself as your avatar you're probably not all that bright but find yourself quite swell and are more than likely a douche. Or you might just be old.

It's true James

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Rodinus

Jarring

LizardSlicks

It's true James

Kindest respects

Rodinus

did you just call me James?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

PapagiorgioCZ
Hey, I just want to say that members without an avatar give the impression of naked punks yelling out of the crowd just to be heard.
You are showing some respect to the community and to the concept of a forum by having an avatar. In your daily life you dress yourself too to show others that you care them.

You may be judging too harshly.

Not having an avatar may mean:
a) You're new
b) You're too old to figure out the multi-step, complex way of posting a picture.

( I'm b
)

I figure if they wanted everybody to have an avy pic, they wouldn't make it so difficult; you'd just be able to 'copy and paste'.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

nugget1

PapagiorgioCZ
Hey, I just want to say that members without an avatar give the impression of naked punks yelling out of the crowd just to be heard.
You are showing some respect to the community and to the concept of a forum by having an avatar. In your daily life you dress yourself too to show others that you care them.

a) You're new
b) You're too old to figure out the multi-step, complex way of posting a picture.

( I'm b
)

I figure if they wanted everybody to have an avy pic, they wouldn't make it so difficult; you'd just be able to 'copy and paste'.

All it is is really uploading a pic and ticking the little box that says use as avatar it's not overly difficult ^_^

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

vkey08

beezzer
reply to post by FyreByrd

And my avatar says what about me?

LOL

I would actually love to see Beezer's take on mine as he knows what I look like from the Regents election..

You always have been a saucy vixen!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

well, it can be a pain to get it to the right size.. especially if you're trying to do a background.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Jarring

Rodinus

Jarring

LizardSlicks

It's true James

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ok...

My apologies...

*coughs*

Jim?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Jarring

Rodinus

Jarring

LizardSlicks

It's true James

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ok...

My apologies...

*coughs*

Jim?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

lol... it's not my name ~.~;

I have been called that before oddly enough.. Idk why though.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Wicked...

Call me Wil if you like Jim...

Just noticed that you changed the av

Not easy is it? one of the reasons why I did not put up my real life avatar picture of Rocco Sifreddi.... The girls just WONT leave me alone... *sighs*

Kindest respects

Rod

Ps... just added you to my sad list of friends... hope you don't mind?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

i don't mind

it is my middle name
it is a good name

i also like wil
nice to meet you.

i am constantly changing my avatar.. it's hard for me to stick to one thing.
it can be difficult...especially when working with pics and trying to knock them down to the correct size..

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

edit on 01/24/14 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
An avatar is just one of the many masks we wear throughout our daily lives. Most people wish to maintain some level of anonymity on the internet, so unless they post a portrait of themselves, they are attempting to portray a representation of who they are or what they are interested in.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

vkey08

nugget1

PapagiorgioCZ

a) You're new

( I'm b
)

All it is is really uploading a pic and ticking the little box that says use as avatar it's not overly difficult ^_^

Not too many people infer that I'm an idiot to my face. Kudos!

P.S. Thanks; you ARE the catalyst that spurred me into doing something!
You have created a monster, surely!
( I didn't know there was a button that said 'use as avatar!
)
edit on 100000099America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

nugget1

vkey08

nugget1

PapagiorgioCZ

a) You're new

( I'm b
)

Not too many people infer that I'm an idiot to my face. Kudos!

P.S. Thanks; you ARE the catalyst that spurred me into doing something!
You have created a monster, surely!
( I didn't know there was a button that said 'use as avatar!
)
edit on 100000099America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: To add comment

ROFL that was not my intention but as long as it worked then
I am a brassy B...

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Oh, nugget,

I swear I had a feeling you were a cat person.
So am I.

I'm glad you got your avatar sorted out, and a very funny one at that.

RR

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

You hit me right in the 'I AM NOT STUPID, AND I'LL PROVE IT TO YOU! center!

That is exactly what I needed!

edit on 100000099America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Rainbowresidue
reply to post by nugget1

Oh, nugget,

I swear I had a feeling you were a cat person.
So am I.

I'm glad you got your avatar sorted out, and a very funny one at that.

RR

Actually, I'm not!
I don't understand cats at all!
I am of the belief that some cats are just nasty, wild animals that can't be trusted!

My mother had such a cat, and on her passing my husband INSISTED on keeping the beast, bless his heart!
He taught me how to become the dominant one, and I actually developed a wonderful relationship with said beast.

Then, there are the 'nice' kitties that are WONDERFUL companions, and I have been blessed with a few. They are just 'cats'.

And THEN we have those unusual creatures that appear to us as a cat, but deep in our subconscious minds, we know they did not originate on this planet. They seem to be able to transmit their thoughts to us, and the way they 'see' things that we don't is kind of creepy!

As you can see, my knowledge of cats is rather limited, but now that we no longer have one I sure do feel the void.

My avatar is just a quick way to see if I could post one; now I need to find a real one!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join