It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoengineered Snow Storms Wreaking Havoc around the Globe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

WonderBoi is still waiting for you to tell me what a cloud is? What makes up a cloud. What happens in the atmosphere to cause clouds to form? You all are sooooo smart, but i don't see you droppin' any knowledge. Nah, you want me to answer your questions; while you avoid answering mine.

If you don't know what makes up a cloud......stop acting like you know something about geo-engineering.

If you know anything about chemistry....for the 1,000th time....you'll understand WHY you don't need a "cloud". But first, TELL ME WHAT IS A CLOUD? Leave out the 4th grade definition, if you please.

link   

Spookybelle
And why would they want to create snowstorms? Are they (whoever they is in your mind) planning a vacation for a ski trip or something?

The more likely explanation is that the Earth is warming, through natural causes as it always does, and as an effect, weather patterns are changing.

Not nearly as fun as your conspiracy but probably a bit closer to the truth.

Well If it's modified weather I doubt the explanation you came up with is the reason. I know u were being sarcastic but there are many truths that were hard to believe at first. Why is our government collecting All and Everyone's information? It's obvious that there are hundreds of millions of people who have no ties or connections to terrorist. So should I say.. "Are they collecting it so they can look at our pictures and have a laugh reading our emails" So as crazy as it sounds, with No real explanation it is still Real & still Happening!

link   

WonderBoi
While you're looking for the definition of a cloud, could you please tell me when and where do they "seed clouds"? I've never seen a crop duster flying around, so, how do they do it? Do you have a personal picture of them "cloud seeding"? Could you give the reader something, other than your word, to chew on? You want "facts" from this side, how about some facts from that side??? Show us some evidence of such "cloud seeding", as you say; and not this silly "chemtrail" mumbo-jumbo that we say.

Well obviously, when seeding a cloud by aircraft we can't see it because, er, the cloud is in the way (d'oh!). Other times they use rockets.

These are the guys who make money in the USA doing it:

www.weathermodification.com...

(but as I say, whether it really works is a moot point)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

WonderBoi
While you're looking for the definition of a cloud, could you please tell me when and where do they "seed clouds"? I've never seen a crop duster flying around, so, how do they do it? Do you have a personal picture of them "cloud seeding"? Could you give the reader something, other than your word, to chew on? You want "facts" from this side, how about some facts from that side??? Show us some evidence of such "cloud seeding", as you say; and not this silly "chemtrail" mumbo-jumbo that we say.

How about a video?
www.bbc.co.uk...

As you can see,it's hard to get a photo because ITS A SMALL PLANE ABOVE A CLOUD.

Are you seriously saying after ALL this you don't know what cloud seeding really is?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

WonderBoi

Here's a video of cloud seeding. As you can see, it is not the same thing as a persistent high-altitude trail. For one thng, it is done from a plane that can't go that high:

edit on 1/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Of course, we do sometimes make our own clouds, and these clouds can sometimes produce snow!

www.livescience.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

See also:

www.sirwec.org...

I've experienced this myself - produced by 'chemtrails' from train engines!

I guess you could say that that IS geoengineered snow

edit on 2-1-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
None of you answered the question: What is a cloud BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW. And, if you don't know BASIC science...what makes you think you know something about more complex science? So please, answer the simple question, Mr. or Mrs. "scientist"....WHAT IS A CLOUD??? You have to understand that, in order to understand why "clouds" are NOT NEEDED.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I answered this for you before, but maybe it was in another thread.

Cloud (meteorologically speaking) = liquid water droplets or water-ice crystals.

Other more general definitions of "cloud" could also mean dust, ash, or visible gas. But when we are discussing cloud seeding, I mean water clouds.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your "answer my question, what is a cloud" ruse is very telling as a way to avoid answering questions you have already been asked three times but patently can't answer. How do you think it reads?

You have several questions outstanding, until you answer them your own position gets weaker by the post.

You are doing a good job, once again, of arguing a point that nobody disagrees with,regarding cloud seeding, but you still haven't tied ANY of it to contrails apart from the hilarious "they are both grey" gambit.

Really. "They are chemtrails", "why?" "Well cloud seeding is real" is NOT coherent.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

WonderBoi
None of you answered the question: What is a cloud BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW. And, if you don't know BASIC science...what makes you think you know something about more complex science? So please, answer the simple question, Mr. or Mrs. "scientist"....WHAT IS A CLOUD??? You have to understand that, in order to understand why "clouds" are NOT NEEDED.

Not needed for what?

And yes I know what a cloud is. As do my friends at the MetO, Meteogroup, Weathernet, Weatherquest etal Do you?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

WonderBoi

That is a strawman because several posts ago I gave you a pass on needing clouds, therefore it's not needed (ice crystals or water droplets suspended in the air btw) and I asked why the rain from 30,000ft that you claim the contrails are for does not itself freeze into a cirrus sheet. Still waiting.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

OK. How many silver iodide molecules are needed to create a chemtrail? If we use the normal explanation of "it's water vapour from a jet engine", it gives us a figure to aim at.

Using as a base, a C8 carbon molecule for fuel (and Jet A-1 has all the way up to C16s, according to Wikipedia) gives 9 water molecules as a combustion product.

So for a kilogram of octane, you get about 1.4 kilos of Water.

For a Boeing 767-200ER (taken from Boeing's own website), it carries 90,770 litres of fuel, which has a mass of about 73,500kg. Lets say 40,000 of that burns at Contrail altitude (takeoff and climb takes a lot of fuel, and you want some spare left over in case of diversion), and with a maximum range of 12,195km, over about 10,000 km to make the maths easy. So 4kg per km. Or about 5.6kg of water makes 1km of initial contrail.

Silver iodide is quite expensive (even compared with fossil fuels, no less), and your conspiracy is going to need a heck of a lot. Where is this production and money trail?

Edit to add:

A cloud? It's a large quantity of water that can fall as precipitation or stay up there, depending on type of cloud. Comes in useful for predicting the weather, which is a handy bit of knowledge for people like me who enjoy mountaineering.
edit on 2-1-2014 by apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Cloud = liquid water droplets or ice crystals.

WRONG!!! You get a big fat "F"And you want to help "enlighten" me?

A cloud is a group of water MOLECULES!

Molecules:

A molecule /ˈmɒlɪkjuːl/ is an electrically neutral group of two or more atoms held together by chemical bonds. Molecules are distinguished from ions by their lack of electrical charge.

Molecules as components of matter are common in organic substances (and therefore biochemistry). They also make up most of the oceans and atmosphere.

Molecules can assume many shapes and sizes. Molecules of hydrogen gas, H2, are very small; each consists of two atoms of hydrogen. Water molecules, H2O, are much larger, containing an atom of oxygen as well as two of hydrogen

The same molecules found in "clouds" can be found in the atmosphere at all times. This is why they don't need "clouds" to seed. They only need to spray another chemical to bond with the chemicals found in our atmosphere. The air isn't dry at 15,000 - 30,000. Molecules are moving all around.

education.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0SO80oQ1sVS7D0An0RXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'Eza2ppbWdoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2 dGlkA1ZJUDI5M18x

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

WonderBoi

Soylent Green Is People

My coffee mug is a group of molecules, but my coffee mug is not a cloud.
I assumed you wanted a specific answer, not a general answer.

"Molecules" in general can behave different ways, but liquid water droplets or water-ice crystals suspended in the air behave in a specific way.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

WonderBoi

Soylent Green Is People

My coffee mug is a group of molecules, but my coffee mug is not a cloud.
I assumed you wanted a specific answer, not a general answer.

"Molecules" in general can behave different ways, but liquid water droplets or water-ice crystals suspended in the air behave in a specific way.

What's that stuff steaming from your coffee cup and why???

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

WonderBoi
The same molecules found in "clouds" can be found in the atmosphere at all times. This is why they don't need "clouds" to seed. They only need to spray another chemical to bond with the chemicals found in our atmosphere. The air isn't dry at 15,000 - 30,000. Molecules are moving all around.

education.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0SO80oQ1sVS7D0An0RXNyoA;_ylu=X3o'___'Eza2ppbWdoBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2 dGlkA1ZJUDI5M18x

Wrong.

Even in the information you previously linked about cloud seeding, it was specifically said that seeding is done to CLOUDS (that's liquid droplets of water or Frozen crytals of water)...NOT water vapor.

Gaseous Water vapor molecules are not clouds, nor can you seed water vapor to produce rain.

WonderBoi
What's that stuff steaming from your coffee cup and why???

It's the result of hot gaseous water molecules that formed into visible water droplets when it condenses upon hitting the cooler air above the mug.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Clouds are molecules of Hydrogen and Oxygen (to name a few chemicals) stuck together. Cloud seeding is just a "codename". Like, what does Popeye have to do with Vietnam????

And, for arguments sake, how come these trails aren't "lingering" today, like they were on Christmas day??? (just taken)
See that haze? What is that? Would that be enough to seed???

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

WonderBoi

Clouds are molecules of Hydrogen and Oxygen (to name a few chemicals) stuck together. Cloud seeding is just a "codename". Like, what does Popeye have to do with Vietnam????

You're being too general again. Hydrogen Peroxide is also Hydrogen and Oxygen "stuck" (chemically bonded) together, but for the sake of this discussion, Hydrogen peroxide is not at all relevant.

You also say that clouds are made up of other molecules, and while you are generally correct (i.e., other molecules -- especially nitrogen, which is the most abundant gas found in the atmosphere -- exist in the atmosphere, and obviously thus will be "found in" a cloud), it is NOT technically correct to say that other molecules make up clouds.

The visible stuff we see in a cloud is NOT Nitrogen (which is invisible at the temperatures at which clouds exist), NOR is it hydrogen NOR is it oxygen -- both of which, in their free state, are invisible...

...the stuff we see is liquid WATER or frozen WATER. Yes, water is H2O, and that means it is two hydrogen molecules chemically bonded to one Oxygen molecule, but H2O acts very differently than free elemental hydrogen and oxygen.

So, please, explain to me the relevance (in your mind) that water is made of hydrogen and Oxygen. What does that have to do with this discussion on chemtrails, or even making clouds for that matter?

Please clarify!

WonderBoi
And, for arguments sake, how come these trails aren't "lingering" today, like they were on Christmas day??? (just taken)
See that haze? What is that? Would that be enough to seed???

No, it would not. Cloud seeding is done with different clouds that the haze that you have shown.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I wish i could agree with anything you've just stated, but again, WRONG! If you haven't guessed by now, i'm trapping you with your own answers.

Hygroscopy is the ability of a substance to attract and hold water molecules from the surrounding environment. This is achieved through either absorption or adsorption with the absorbing or adsorbing material becoming physically "changed" somewhat, by an increase in volume, stickiness, or other physical characteristic of the material, as water molecules become "suspended" between the material's molecules in the process. While some similar forces are at work here, it is different from capillary attraction, a process where glass or other "solid" substances attract water, but are not changed in the process (for example, water molecules becoming suspended between the glass molecules).

Cloud seeding or rain-making can be done, but certain weather requirements involving moisture and cloud condensation nuclei must be met. This process involves literally "seeding" the clouds with other particles that add to the amount of cloud condensation nuclei, resulting in greater precipitation. Read more: www.ehow.com...

Hygroscopic Seeding
Hygroscopic seeding is used in warm cloud masses (above 0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit). Large hydroscopic particles (sodium chloride) are sent into a cloud to enhance the formation of "collector drops" that grow into raindrops.

Glaciogenic Seeding
Static Glaciogenic seeding is used in cold clouds (less than 0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit) and is designed to produce precipitation by causing ice particles to grow. It involves adding ice crystals (silver iodide and dry ice) to the clouds that will promote further crystallization and precipitation. Both elements, silver iodide and dry ice, are so cold they cool the surrounding crystals and cause more ice to form.

Read more: www.ehow.com...

All the naysayers to science.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Engineered or not, this snow storm trucking through Chicago is brutal. The office I work in is closing in 10 mins due to it. It's bad people.

To any who have to drive. Please be safe and god speed, it doesn't look like it's letting up anytime soon in Chicago.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join