It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Clash With protesters Outside Whitehouse

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The news is reporting that protesters in DC cut the chains on the BARRY-cades and moved them out of the way so the veterans (and everyone else) could go to the memorials. Kudos to them. If Barry could come up with money to bomb Syria with, then he can come up with money to keep the monuments open.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Badges are the ENEMY of the people.

1. Free Speech Zones
2. Permit to protest
3 Evict people from homes for the PROFIT of FOREIGN interests (many times illegal foreclosures)
4 Civil Asset Forfeiture
5. FOR PROFIT prisons (participating in ANY way from this slavery is DETESTABLE)
6. Revenue Generating
7. Stop and Frisk

ANY ONE of these is a FOR----TRAITORS ONLY---- type thing

And, PATRIOTS whom formed this Republic would ______ THEM, because back then ONLY REDCOATS would do these things.

I LOVED my NATION once,. Now, I want a divorce,, but I keep the house
edit on 14-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: words

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i never said the police was traitors apologies for my accusation that you was a cop. my partner is a security guard and does festivals where they riot and kick off on occasion . i understand that people have issues with authority but the thing is who the hell has the right to more power than the next man ? as with most things those with power abuse it i have been victim to violence at demos by the police on several occasions been slammed to the floor kicked and hit the police even film protestors over here and put them on a site called red watch so the neo Nazis have your face to come hunt you down , now you tell me how they do not abuse power? so i refuse to feel even a shred of sympathy most of them love to cause crap for those who rebel even when it is peaceful.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

My comment was kind of targeted at everyone, I was just raising all the points everyone made towards me and addressing them in one post as it was easier to do so. So you did not call them traitors but there was a member who did.

Now lets address this point.

i have been victim to violence at demos by the police on several occasions been slammed to the floor kicked and hit the police even film protestors over here and put them on a site called red watch so the neo Nazis have your face to come hunt you down

Firstly the website you are talking about is not run by the police.

but if you say that the the police have beaten you and it was unprovoked then I would have to say to you the police were in the wrong and should be sacked.

but this thread and the comments i made back on page one are not about what happened to you, its about what was shown in the video linked to the OP. That is why i can say that i sympathize with the police in this instance because i perceive them to be the "victims" of this angry mob.

I take it case by case and in this case i think the protesters are in the wrong and i feel sorry for the police having to put up with it. If I was seeing a video of you being beaten by police I would say that the police were wrong and should be sacked. Just because I dont jump to the "I hate police" doesn't I am my local bobbies best mate and think the police are wonderful and do no wrong, it just means i can take each case on its merit.

That is why i stand by my comments on page one.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by johncarter

The very last thing that we need now is to turn to barbarianism and anarchy

I understand that people are angry and fed up, but killing a whole bunch of democratically elected officials just because you don't like their politics would be a huge backwards step and you advocating such action really shows how mortally obtuse and ideologically confused you are.

It would be the regression of everyone we cannot use lower mind primitive methods, like the leaders do, in solving problems but start to have some unity and compassion for all people in all walks of life, and use higher mind to solve the problems. And speak with dignity.

However in this protest, what they were doing wasn't really harsh on the police, I thought it was handled with alot of dignity.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The news is reporting that protesters in DC cut the chains on the BARRY-cades and moved them out of the way so the veterans (and everyone else) could go to the memorials. Kudos to them. If Barry could come up with money to bomb Syria with, then he can come up with money to keep the monuments open.

Not only that, but it was probably more expensive to close them than just leaving them alone. You can go to any of those memorials at night, when nobody is there. The barricades and the extra manning to keep people out definitely would cost more.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by leopardpimps

My comment was kind of targeted at everyone, I was just raising all the points everyone made towards me and addressing them in one post as it was easier to do so. So you did not call them traitors but there was a member who did.

Now lets address this point.

i have been victim to violence at demos by the police on several occasions been slammed to the floor kicked and hit the police even film protestors over here and put them on a site called red watch so the neo Nazis have your face to come hunt you down

Firstly the website you are talking about is not run by the police.

but if you say that the the police have beaten you and it was unprovoked then I would have to say to you the police were in the wrong and should be sacked.

but this thread and the comments i made back on page one are not about what happened to you, its about what was shown in the video linked to the OP. That is why i can say that i sympathize with the police in this instance because i perceive them to be the "victims" of this angry mob.

I take it case by case and in this case i think the protesters are in the wrong and i feel sorry for the police having to put up with it. If I was seeing a video of you being beaten by police I would say that the police were wrong and should be sacked. Just because I dont jump to the "I hate police" doesn't I am my local bobbies best mate and think the police are wonderful and do no wrong, it just means i can take each case on its merit.

That is why i stand by my comments on page one.

So protest is only good if you agree with the topic of the protesters?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
the police do not run the website but you will find alot of them do post the picture and videos. lots of name dropping has been done i know who is who in these situations i used to wear a bandana or scarf after having the police many years ago take my picture then found it on this site so yeh they may not run it but they do join in. i personally have had good experience with the police too when my ex tried to kill me they was some what of a better attitude but they still barged in and pointed tazers at me and my children when we was the victims . they also pointed on at him but why at a four month old baby i ask you .

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

So protest is only good if you agree with the topic of the protesters?

Well i would say on a individual level yes, I think this protest is "good" but I would say a protest for "pedophile rights" (i know extreme example) would be wrong.

So yes, to answer your question.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

leopardpimps
the police do not run the website but you will find alot of them do post the picture and videos. lots of name dropping has been done i know who is who in these situations i used to wear a bandana or scarf after having the police many years ago take my picture then found it on this site so yeh they may not run it but they do join in. i personally have had good experience with the police too when my ex tried to kill me they was some what of a better attitude but they still barged in and pointed tazers at me and my children when we was the victims . they also pointed on at him but why at a four month old baby i ask you .

That's all very interesting but it has nothing to do with my comments on page one or the video in the OP

if you really do feel a compulsion to discuss this experience then write a thread on it

and if you want me to participate in that thread and discuss how horrid those officers were with you then send me a U2U with a link to your thread.

but otherwise its off topic

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
So i know most are going to disagree with me on this

but.

I sympathize with the police when it comes to stuff like this, think about the the police have a job, a unpopular one, but a job that someone has to do and they chose to do it. Now imagine if you went to your work and found about 100 people surrounding you, some of them getting physically aggressive and the rest shouting insults at you as you try to do your job. It really must not be a very nice experience and I dont envy the police who contrary to popular belief dont want riots starting outside public buildings. They really just want to stand about, tell a few people to clam down and get paid a hell of a lot of overtime. Yet when they go to do their jobs they are met with a bunch of people who think "democratic demonstration" includes getting aggressive with the police.

Seriously how does a video like this actually further the cause of these demonstrators, it does not make them look "good", to me it makes them look like a bunch of folk out to cause some chaos and antagonize the officers.

Lastly, I dont think i would call this a "clash" more of a "tension"

if you want to see what a real "clash" between protestors and police look like go spend a week Athens.
edit on 13-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

you should sympathize with the people since its their jobs to get out there and do this stuff if they don't like the way things are going. are you gonna feel bad for mr nazikraut because he felt someone had to do the jews? the cops dont look good either.. they should be protesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Do you even know why there were thousands of people downtown in Oakland the night of that footage? They were down there in protest to the police brutality that had occurred that morning at the Occupy site. I have a friend from Wales who picked that morning of all mornings to check out Occupy Oakland. When he contacted me, he was so terrified of our police and government that he said he wanted to go home because the US was too scary. All footage of what happened that morning with the exception of the "clean up" after is gone from youtube. There isn't a single youtube video that shows what occurred. Think about that.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

These would not have been considered "camp sites" under the First Amendment if it had been actually honored. Instead, Occupy would've been considered a sustained protest. There is no time frame within the First Amendment. It does not say that you can only peaceably assemble for X hours. It does not say how you can protest or cannot beyond that it must be peaceable. Occupy Oakland was situated right in front of City Hall. Was it camp site or a sustained protest?

Many people started out supporting Occupy but then, a few things changed. I agree that making it a sustained protest probably was its ultimate undoing as, considering that homelessness was at its peak at the time of the Occupy protests, it was a magnet. However, I have a dear friend who was heavily involved with it and when it was uncovered that they had a homeless sex offender in their presence, she approached our local police department about the matter as the guy was clearly breaking the rules of his probation (unregistered, offense was in California). Do you know what the local police did? Absolutely nothing. Told her that if you lay down with dogs, don't be upset when you come up covered in fleas. They chose to leave that sex offender in the park and free despite his breaking of probation...Now tell me, what the hell is that?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I guess I have a bit of knee jerk reaction myself. I just irritated me when people stated that these Vets should be treated just like Occupy was, even though it was a one day event.

People need to remember that Occupy went for two-three weeks before the low-lifes started to ruin it. And then they were corrupted much like the Tea-Party.

I’m not attacking you, but I just wanted people to understand that this was a one day protest. The day after and there still isn’t a whole lot covering it. Nothing MSM for the most part, just alternative.

I think that comparing the Vets protest and Occupy is grasping at straws. Occupy was quite large and long lasting and this really wasn’t.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm sorry, no, wait, I'm not. I don't sympathise with the police one damned bit. They took the same Oath that I did as well as every other veteran and law enforcement officer did. I have no idea why each individual cop there became one, but I do know that at SOME point they each had a sense of right and wrong, as well as a sense of justice. That is, before things like "department policy" and self interest placed before said Oath ground it out of them. The words, " I'm just doing my job/following orders " are NO EXCUSE when doing something that every citizen KNOWS in his heart and conscience is WRONG. The shutdown of memorials that WE paid for with over-inflated taxes is WRONG. Doing so while the false royalty that decreed this stupidity while still getting THEIR paychecks is even more so. Bearing arms (and yes, a riot baton is a weapon capable of killing someone VERY easily in trained hands) against your fellow citizens is not only wrong, it's TREASON. Will you offer the same excuse when they are ordered to enforce the NDAA against Veterans who have committed no crime other than the exercise of their Rights under the Constitution, Putting them in chains and caging them under the threat of death(what do you think those "service pistols" are for?) if they don't submit to being treated like an "enemy of the state"? Well they are only doing their job the same as the brownshirts and the SS had a job, and like them, they have a CHOICE. They are not robots, they are responsible for their choices and actions.If a law does not follow the Constitution then it is INVALID, NULL AND VOID. I have a copy of the constitution right next to me if you want an exact article and number. This ain't V for Vendetta, bub. This is real life, where armed men DO NOT just let protesters walk by without resistance. When it finally happens here these people with a badge BETTER realize that they are HOPELESSLY outnumbered. Why do you think that kid didn't whack that older gentleman over the head when he grabbed his baton? Because he KNEW it. I DO NOT want bloodshed here in my country, but I know how a bully thinks. The only reason that older gentleman is NOT severely injured right now is because they were outnumbered, on film and being photographed. I am TIRED, as I am sure that most others here are, of video after video of cops beating people, tazing people, shooting them, ALL in violation of their Rights, followed by a "what are you gonna do about it, I'm the law" swagger and attitude, but with no repercussions at all, except maybe "admin leave with pay". These people used to be part of our community, but have insulated themselves behind that "thin blue line" nonsense. I want them on our side of things, with the PEOPLE, but they have a choice to make, right here, right now. These cops chose wrong, and they KNEW it. Choose your supposed "privileges", health insurance and paycheck or choose to stand with your fellow Citizens. This isn't a game, and it isn't just "what if" anymore. This is HAPPENING, and I hope to the Creator that they choose right. If they don't, more violence will happen, and they will LOSE in the long run. All it will take to start this is for ONE man to get killed at one of these monuments. Non-veterans don't understand, these places are HOLY GROUND to us, as much as any church. Our brothers and sisters whom are represented there DIED for their comrades, their families, and their country. The cops have NO RIGHT to bar the way there to pay respect to the fallen. NONE. "I'm just doing my job" isn't good enough, not by any measure.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

Sorry dude I know you are new

but please some paragraphs, you need to put the space in twice.

ps: I am honored that you used your first post to address me and welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Evil_Santa
reply to post by Tatanka

There were committing crimes. Don't tell me that you're not ashamed when other protest organizations have riot gear brought out against them when they're committing crimes.

Vet or no vet, destruction of public property is a crime.

Or are you for inequality? They're vets so they get special privileges to break the law when they protest but other groups can't...?

I hate to break this to you, but if a law is in violation of the Constitution then it is NULL AND VOID. I have a copy of the Constitution with me at all times, so I can quote you article and number if you like. As far as being the law, a hundred years ago it was legal to beat your wife with a stick no wider than your thumb, but that didn't make that right, either. It was legal in nazi Germany to put non-aryans in ovens and BURN THEM ALIVE but that wasn't right either. Don't tell me about the sanctity of the law when we have obvious traitors and criminals WRITING the law and not even obeying the laws they write in their own self-interest.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgruntledPatriot

gave you a star because i could not explain the reality better if i tried

also he gave u a newbie slap wow ! i have been getting them for ages and im not that new haha. your opinion is not valid if you don't have enough stars pmsl
edit on 05/09/2013 by leopardpimps because: missed a bit

edit on 05/09/2013 by leopardpimps because: missed a bit

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

leopardpimps

That's all very interesting but it has nothing to do with my comments on page one or the video in the OP

if you really do feel a compulsion to discuss this experience then write a thread on it

and if you want me to participate in that thread and discuss how horrid those officers were with you then send me a U2U with a link to your thread.

but otherwise its off topic

you know what i don't need to start a thread to attract sympathizers, that is not my purpose i was simply expressing my opinion on the police. it is a discussion forum and that's what you and i are participating in . you have your opinion and i mine. no need to try make me look stupid because you don't like the opinion of any one but yourself. i will hold my own either way i am not a sheep and it is not off topic some might say your sympathy is off topic. thing is if i was soo of the topic why have my replies not been removed i ask?

also i am not the only one disputing your b.s so get over it! i for one will not be sobbing into my pillow tonight .

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

DisgruntledPatriot

Evil_Santa
reply to post by Tatanka

There were committing crimes. Don't tell me that you're not ashamed when other protest organizations have riot gear brought out against them when they're committing crimes.

Vet or no vet, destruction of public property is a crime.

Or are you for inequality? They're vets so they get special privileges to break the law when they protest but other groups can't...?

I hate to break this to you, but if a law is in violation of the Constitution then it is NULL AND VOID. I have a copy of the Constitution with me at all times, so I can quote you article and number if you like. As far as being the law, a hundred years ago it was legal to beat your wife with a stick no wider than your thumb, but that didn't make that right, either. It was legal in nazi Germany to put non-aryans in ovens and BURN THEM ALIVE but that wasn't right either. Don't tell me about the sanctity of the law when we have obvious traitors and criminals WRITING the law and not even obeying the laws they write in their own self-interest.

PREACH IT BROTHER!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The Obama administration figured if he 'inconvenienced' the public by shutting everything down it would get us mad at everyone that doesn't adhere to his ideas,

SOOOOO.... How is that working out for you Mr. Obama?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join