It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Clash With protesters Outside Whitehouse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Apparently things are not looking so hot in DC right now...

People demonstrating against the closure of Washington memorials during the government shutdown come face to face with police Sunday.

www.nbcnews.com...

::EDIT::

Also see:

today's events are documented here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here
www.theblaze.com...

Stormdancer777
you can watch the videos of the live stream
www.ustream.tv...

Thanks to Stormdancer777
edit on 10/13/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The police in DC are tyrannical bastards so its no surprise they are clashing with protesters. They'll clash with tourists taking pictures.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ya I agree.. I guess we the people like seeing us being "free"..

Freedom looks good right about now... eh? And to think, Bin Laden Attacked us for this...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

From the video in your OP, it looks like the police are making a deposit in their underwear!!! There seemed to be more photographers around them than protesters!!! roflmao

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
With the love and care from our devoted leaders including the great liar in chief, I am suprised it took this long, and look for many more in the near future....the people have had quite enough, well those that are awake and paying attention....

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ThichHeaded
Apparently things are not looking so hot in DC right now...

People demonstrating against the closure of Washington memorials during the government shutdown come face to face with police Sunday.

www.nbcnews.com...

It´s gonna get worse. Especially on Friday, and when and if the default comes and the Tokyo market crashes on Monday, with panic sales on the asian market, a rapid succession of events will develop further driving ppl into panic and despair.

I sense a slow lynching mob arriving to the WH.
edit on 13-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

wow the old guy looked mad.

He should be.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I don't have regular cable only a roku and internet so I see only part of news stories.

What was behind this specific protest, do you know? I see from your post this was today, interesting indeed.

I worry about the 17th, if no deal is reached. it is not like it's going to be all of the people vs all of the government. I am really afraid to see Americans fighting fellow Americans.

edit on 13-10-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

It's Veterans protesting in DC today. So far there hasn't been a real clash with police that I've heard of. It's more the police are there watching, and the protesters are being peaceful about it. There has been at least one arrest, but nothing really big yet.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

brandiwine14
Thanks for posting, I don't have regular cable only a roku and internet so I see only part of news stories.

What was behind this specific protest, do you know? Was this today?

Supposedly today... The Vets protesting the closure of the memorials there supposedly..

I say supposedly because well its the news.. We should find out later how big this got..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Good to see the police are out there protecting the people and not their government masters agendas.

Sad-Sad-Sad.

F-T-P.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So i know most are going to disagree with me on this

but.

I sympathize with the police when it comes to stuff like this, think about the the police have a job, a unpopular one, but a job that someone has to do and they chose to do it. Now imagine if you went to your work and found about 100 people surrounding you, some of them getting physically aggressive and the rest shouting insults at you as you try to do your job. It really must not be a very nice experience and I dont envy the police who contrary to popular belief dont want riots starting outside public buildings. They really just want to stand about, tell a few people to clam down and get paid a hell of a lot of overtime. Yet when they go to do their jobs they are met with a bunch of people who think "democratic demonstration" includes getting aggressive with the police.

Seriously how does a video like this actually further the cause of these demonstrators, it does not make them look "good", to me it makes them look like a bunch of folk out to cause some chaos and antagonize the officers.

Lastly, I dont think i would call this a "clash" more of a "tension"

if you want to see what a real "clash" between protestors and police look like go spend a week Athens.
edit on 13-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The incompetents in charge have finally pushed too far. Sit back and enjoy their fall. To quote a Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times".

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Honestly The more things like this that happen the more i feel deja vu.
edit on 13-10-2013 by hknudzkknexnt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

ThichHeaded

brandiwine14

What was behind this specific protest, do you know? Was this today?

Supposedly today... The Vets protesting the closure of the memorials there supposedly..

I say supposedly because well its the news.. We should find out later how big this got..

today's events are documented here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here
www.theblaze.com...

they tore down the barricades it was on live stream, and they dumped them at the spite house see pics

edit on 023131p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So your all for getting rid of the 1st amendment?

::EDIT::

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I edited to OP to show this.. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

johncarter

ThichHeaded

It´s gonna get worse. Especially on Friday, and when and if the default comes and the Tokyo market crashes on Monday, with panic sales on the asian market, a rapid succession of events will develop further driving ppl into panic and despair.

I sense a slow lynching mob arriving to the WH.
edit on 13-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

There will be no default , They will make a deal . This was a failed attempt by GOP to regain some votes and raiting.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

most of the demonstration was a beautiful thing,

I must ask though, how do you fight tyranny?

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ThichHeaded

So your all for getting rid of the 1st amendment?

No of course not, but at the same time that does not mean that i cannot sympathize with the police when they are surrounded by a angry mob.

I support freedom of speech, and the right to democratic protest, that does not mean however that I also support bashing the police just because they are police.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

well there was a ustream live all day, got over 100,000 hits with 12,000 viewing at one point, the live feed was cut just after they arrived at the white house, not sure why it was cut, then there was news riot police and tear gas moved in and police were pushing protesters back with barricades they had taken from the war memorial and had planned on using at the white house! So that's about most of what happened, several thousand people showed up including senator Ted Cruz and another one I think named Michael Lee? Its been a good show for those of us that watched and I personally am proud people are finally taking a stand.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join