It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Clash With protesters Outside Whitehouse

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Are these the same idiot protesters taking the barricades down from the monuments and bringing them to the white house? As a veteran, it pains me to see so many stupid vets not picking the right battles . There are much more important things than making sure an 80 year old (who had all the time in the world to get to the monument before now) gets 80 feet closer to a monument.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by HanzHenry

VETERANS are 10 TIMES the man a cop is

1000 TIMES BRAVER

and 1,000,000 times MORE HONORABLE

ok question,

my mate is a vet, served 10 years, 3 of those years he basically refuses to talk about, he finished with numerous commendations and bravery award's with qualifications and all the rest of it

He is now a Cop,

so how does he fit in to your simplistic view of honor, bravery and what makes a man?

I mean is a cop not brave when he takes down a drug dealer, when he puts himself between a gun and child and all the rest of it.

people are very anti-police, right up until the moment they are crying out for them.
edit on 13-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Any veteran that honors their Oath to the Republic will REFUSE to be a REDCOAT!

Profiting off tyranny... Makes your MATE A TRAITOR TO THE REPUBLIC and a Friend to the NWO.

Free Speech Zones
Checkpoints
Revenue Generating
Stop and Frisk
Civil Asset Forfeiture
For PROFIT prisons

In THE REAL America EACH of these things require an HONORLESS SPECIMIN of humanity to engage in

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

TDawgRex
Were did I say that the cop was justified? And the one who tossed the flash-bang was also fired for his action that night. Personally I think that he should have gone to jail as well.

Actually you did..

You said your not defending the cops actions but then you say..

there had already been other acts of violence. Tensions were high already at this point in the Bay area.

Which says the cop had every right to do that.. Which he didn't..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I'm beginning to think OtherSideOfTheCoin may in fact be a police officer or had been or someone else for that matter-just saying

Good post btw!
Trinity

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up Trinity..

Also want to add..

Vets Tear Down Memorial Barricades, Drop them in Front of White House

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well, you've just made my life a whole lot easier for me. I expect you to report to my house tomorrow at 9am so you can talk to my lawyer for me. Since you are putting words in my mouth after all. I'll just kick back and drink some Joe.

Since when has high tensions equated to actually shooting someone? If that were the case, the world would be littered with corpses even more than it already is. North Korea would be a smoking hole in the ground using that logic.

So no...I did not justify.

But with assuming what others think or misconstruing what is said, I can see why Occupy was such a absolute and miserable failure.

Actually, I was a early supporter of Occupy, but within weeks had seen the writing on the wall that they were being corrupted, just like the Tea Party and left them to their own devices. I guess I got out when the gittin' was good.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

TDawgRex

But with assuming what others think or misconstruing what is said, I can see why Occupy was such a absolute and miserable failure.

Don't worry TDawg..... I believe ya.

Those willing to "assume" and put words into your mouth is and will always be a problem.

All they have to do is look through your posts, to see where you stand. But that is too hard, it seems.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No offense, but that is not a tank in the Mother Jones article. It is a armored vehicle though. But they are not the same thing.

If you watch the news, you will see actual tanks being used throughout the world on civilians. I have yet to see that here in the U.S.

The first time you see a M1A2 confronting protesters in the U.S., then you know that the defecation has hit the rotating oscillator.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

trinityalways

I'm beginning to think OtherSideOfTheCoin may in fact be a police officer or had been or someone else for that matter-just saying

Good post btw!
Trinity

First of all, who gives a rats butt if he/she was/is a cop? Also, OSOTC has location listed as the UK and as such is in a position to observe, since they cannot actually participate.

But since he states a point of view that you don't agree with, he's a cop? Hell, maybe he's actually in Cali and works for the NSA! LOL

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

you will need to add some genetically modified oposable thumbs... now that would be some scary rabbits

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Just saying I dont follow the Occupy thing.. I only know about this because I was following the truckers for the constitution..

How you said you gig where I quoted you seemed to insinuate that since there were tensions on the street some things well just happen..

I was pointing out that it is not the case, police are supposed to be professional and act accordingly.. It seemed when you said what you did it looked like you was giving them a pass...

Anyway I wasnt trying to dog you or put words in your mouth I was seeing something different than what you put...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Cobaltic1978
We've seen the Arab spring, could this be the U.S.A fall?

With as many repossesed homes laying empty as there are homeless in the US right now, the currency/economy going under could make this our Winter of Discontent.
It was not pretty in Russia, I expect much worse here. These serfs have medium caliber pitchforks.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

roadgravel
If the barricades were bought by the government then they are owned by the people. Maybe they are just being moved to a place where there are more needed.

I heard a little of this throughout the relocation of restrictive artifacts.

I also propose a nice deep, wide moat regularly stocked with African crocodiles. Until the term's up, nobody gets in; nobody gets out. Visitors get well screened for the shuttle chopper.

After your one term's over it's lunchtime. Capitol Building too.
That should get the halls of power cleaned right up. Make an elected office an eventual death sentence just on general principles; because you know after a month in there the meat's gonna spoil.

I've a slightly different behavior regulation strategy for the Supreme Court. You probably don't want to hear that either.
But after all I'm an old guy; and over time have become kind of creative about effective solutions to chronic problems.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

derfreebie

Cobaltic1978
We've seen the Arab spring, could this be the U.S.A fall?

With as many repossesed homes laying empty as there are homeless in the US right now, the currency/economy going under could make this our Winter of Discontent.
It was not pretty in Russia, I expect much worse here. These serfs have medium caliber pitchforks.

yeah USA is armed heavily.

And unlike the USSR, the majority of our people have NOT been growing most of their own food.

In that aspect, USSR collapse was "easier"..

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Fenson76:

As a veteran, it pains me to see so many stupid vets not picking the right battles.

That is quite the telling statement. I too, am from the UK, and I consider my compatriot's (OSOTC) statements regarding aggression towards the police as being somewhat too defensive. I agree with him that protest should be peaceful in order that the protesting point is made loud and clear and coherently, but at the same time, one has to understand that protests are driven by disagreement and anger.

Police are following orders. To the protester that may seem as though they are defending that which is being protested about, and to some degree they are, but not by taking sides, but simply by following orders and doing their job. Does this, rightly or wrongly, make the police a target of aggressive protest? Unfortunately it does, and can get out of hand on both sides.

One can understand the protesters wanting access to the memorials of their fallen compatriots, but as things stand governmentally-wise in America, these places are closed due to the government shut down, and access is temporarily denied. Which brings us back to Fenson76's statement about picking the right fight or protest. There are far more serious issues to protest than the temporary denial to war memorials.

There are bigger pictures to look at, bigger problems besieging America, but due to partisanship and differences of opinion, coherent protest against these more serious issues are not being made.

If America defaults on Thursday the police are going to be very busy seeking to quell protests of very angry people, and the problem for the police is that a protester seeking to get their hands on the cause of their outrage will have to go through whatever obstacles are put in their way...the police usually being the first obstacle, and obviously, the more aggressive the protest, the more aggressive the response by the police. However, once police start killing protesters that is when they become a legitimate target, that is when their lawful authority has to be ignored, you do not allow the killing of your compatriots and allow the police impunity from that killing...absolutely no way.

It's a fine line, and it has to be tread carefully by both sides. One wrong move and your society can end up in Egyptian and Syrian scenarios.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by JBA2848

I'm not defending the cops actions. You also cannot cherry pick one incident either. When Scott was hit in the head, there had already been other acts of violence. Tensions were high already at this point in the Bay area.

Occupy was already past it's zenith and was going downhill fast when this happened.

What's going on in DC today seems to me as a one day event. I'm fairly sure that the morning sun will shine on a normal day tomorrow. If you can call any day normal in DC.

You will also find that these Veterans did not leave D.C. with a high water and sewage bill they refused to pay - and that they also picked up after themselves (just a comparison to the occupy movement).

I am pretty sure each one also shaved, showered and brushed their teeth that morning too.
edit on 13-10-2013 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by johncarter

The very last thing that we need now is to turn to barbarianism and anarchy

I think it's exactly what we need. We the people are purposely being ignored. Every time we tell these crooks we don't want something they laugh and shove it down our throats anyway. It's OUR money they are using to screw us. Peaceful protesting has gotten us nowhere. Our only voice is voting and in many ways that has been taken away, as in our vote(our voice) isn't being heard. The RNC this last election cycle showed that. When you have a government that still refuses to listen to any of these things, what option is left but make them listen with force if necessary. Everyone in my town is talking about what the healthcare issue is doing to us working folk. It's the 13th already and I still haven't been able to pay this months rent! And I'm not alone. Thankfully my landlord is understanding, but for how long? Of the 8 homes my landlord owns 6 are late on rent because of employers cutting hours. The 2 that aren't late are on HUD and are affected in no way! We are tired of the games being played on us for their political gains while WE suffer! We the people are FED UP and when we've reached a point where we have nothing left to be taken from us you won't see any more peaceful anything!

Maybe...just maybe..when they see flatbeds pulling up to the capital with gallows lined up on them they'll get the point. If not....

Of course we'll give them the option of stepping down and turning themselves in first.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm SO ashamed that they brought riot gear out against our own veterans.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
So i know most are going to disagree with me on this

but.

I sympathize with the police when it comes to stuff like this, think about the the police have a job, a unpopular one, but a job that someone has to do and they chose to do it. Now imagine if you went to your work and found about 100 people surrounding you, some of them getting physically aggressive and the rest shouting insults at you as you try to do your job. It really must not be a very nice experience and I dont envy the police who contrary to popular belief dont want riots starting outside public buildings. They really just want to stand about, tell a few people to clam down and get paid a hell of a lot of overtime. Yet when they go to do their jobs they are met with a bunch of people who think "democratic demonstration" includes getting aggressive with the police.

Seriously how does a video like this actually further the cause of these demonstrators, it does not make them look "good", to me it makes them look like a bunch of folk out to cause some chaos and antagonize the officers.

Lastly, I dont think i would call this a "clash" more of a "tension"

if you want to see what a real "clash" between protestors and police look like go spend a week Athens.
edit on 13-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

I don't know how compassionate I can feel for them, when their buddies just executed an unarmed woman in front of her child.

I've lost a lot of respect for our militarized police who treat American citizens like they are scum. I have respect only for police that disagree with this treatment.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tatanka

There were committing crimes. Don't tell me that you're not ashamed when other protest organizations have riot gear brought out against them when they're committing crimes.

Vet or no vet, destruction of public property is a crime.

Or are you for inequality? They're vets so they get special privileges to break the law when they protest but other groups can't...?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join