It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rape prevention , by " teaching men not to rape " a concept ?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

Most people wont rape regardless what you wear or say, either because they have morals or because they fear the law, perhaps a little of both.

A sick person though does not need much of an excuse. And the bigger an excuse you provide the more likely something bad will happen.

In other words its usually a combination of factors that need to go wrong. I call it bad luck!

At least the rapist got caught. Good to hear that! Many get away with it.
edit on 29/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: add content

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Merlynn

Most people wont rape regardless what you wear or say, either because they have morals or because they fear the law, perhaps a little of both.

A sick person though does not need much of an excuse. And the bigger an excuse you provide the more likely something bad will happen.

In other words its usually a combination of factors that need to go wrong. I call it bad luck!

????? Bad Luck???? Hardly a good enough reason to 50% of the population (women)

"Bad Luck" is >>> falling down, loosing £10, not getting the job you wanted,

missing the bus

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Who said he got caught? He was never caught and if he would have been caught I was already being prepped for what would be an impossible thing-being convicted. Although I did not know the guy and was raped in a situation like mine, the authorities were 99% sure I knew who raped me, they already had it in their minds, wanted to give me a lie detector test (passed), still believed I knew the person. He probably stayed in the military for 20 years and gets retirement pay.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Being raped is criminal not Bad Luck

Yes

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Being at the wrong place at the wrong time is not bad luck?

Obviously its also criminal. Its a felony!

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

He had connections in high places? I thought you said you managed to cut him up and take a sample of his blood as evidence. Perhaps I read your post too fast and made an error.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

When he grabbed me, I hit him and the knife cut him on the mouth, the blood was on my clothes. They should have been able to find him, they talked about everyone on post being in formation and an inspection. If they would have looked for someone fitting his description with a cut down his lip. If everyone was in formation (doubt it, I wasn't there, I'm sure there were other exceptions) they weren't inspected carefully.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Merlynn

Wow. Thats tragic. Sorry to hear that. The dude probably had connections within the military ranks.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

Being at the wrong place at the wrong time is not bad luck?

Obviously its also criminal. Its a felony!

'Who' decides which is the place and time that I am in is wrong??

Ideally I should be able to go any where at any time!!? I don't have a probation

order on me restricting my movements

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

eletheia

'Who' decides which is the place and time that I am in is wrong??

luck does.

Ideally I should be able to go any where at any time!!? I don't have a probation

order on me restricting my movements

but we dont live in a perfect world? bad things happen to people. best to be on guard and not be naive.

I am not sure what your point was anyway. Is it most men are rapists until proven otherwise or something else?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I am reinforcing the same point as 'Merlyn' she was on her 'home territory'

when she was raped by someone from the same area. She was going about

her own business, and why shouldn't she? why should it be thought that she

was in the wrong place at the wrong time? ... Meh 'bad luck'?????

When you get to dictating there are places and times that 50% of the population

(women) are prohibited to use because there are men who lack self control well

that is curtailing their freedom?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

If I go to the bronx in nyc after midnight in areas prone to heavy violence, then am I not stupid for doing so? Am I going to blame society or myself? I mean you and I can't change things so we have to live with them.

I do understand rape is a growing problem in the usa and other countries, but what do you expect to change with idealism??????

See our different pov?

Society itself needs to mature and the first step is getting the dishonest politicians out of the way and replacing them with people who care.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You're right, how many guys have to question their safety when they go out to run or fish? Years later, in the location I am in now, running with my dog and in areas near traffic, someone found out where I ran and asked me if I should be out there, he wouldn't let his wife run out there.

Well where I was running is much safer than the streets. I ran on streets around here for a while and would get attacked by dogs and guys driving by slowly to say something or even try and grab something. And then these guys would get mad when I would say something back. It took me many months to start running again, it's something I enjoy and would not let some A-hole take that away from me.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Merlynn

You're right, how many guys have to question their safety when they go out to run or fish? Years later, in the location I am in now, running with my dog and in areas near traffic, someone found out where I ran and asked me if I should be out there, he wouldn't let his wife run out there.

Well where I was running is much safer than the streets. I ran on streets around here for a while and would get attacked by dogs and guys driving by slowly to say something or even try and grab something. And then these guys would get mad when I would say something back. It took me many months to start running again, it's something I enjoy and would not let some A-hole take that away from me.

I got news for you PLENTY of guys and gals have to check their 3,6,9 that live in big cities ALL THE TIME!

There are drive by shootings, muggers, con artists, bad cops looking for trouble. etc.

Its not JUST about women. sheesh!

Maybe you too live in a bad area? Try rellocating if it is more than you can handle.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No, I live in a normal area. I did live on a military post, which had low crime.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What's your take on my post on page 16 post 18 down??

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

eletheia

What's your take on my post on page 16 post 18 down??

I guess not all rapists are the same. Some will rape invalids, some will rape 90 year olds, some will rape men, some will rape women.

How can anyone begin to think what they thought?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yes everyone (100% population) takes their chance with *drive by shootings,

*muggers,*con artists, *bad cops, etc....

But it is mostly women (50% population) who have to concern themselves with

getting raped.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

eletheia

Yes everyone (100% population) takes their chance with *drive by shootings,

*muggers,*con artists, *bad cops, etc....

But it is mostly women (50% population) who have to concern themselves with

getting raped.

No arguement from me there. But at least one can mitigate the risk factor by dressing respectfully, acting/speaking in non-enticing ways, living in areas with low crime rate, watching around you especially at night, maybe even carry a gun.

Society itself is the problem. Rape is just one symptom of many.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So therefor that does away with the reasons put forward for rape?? eg.

# Provocative clothing?

# Being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

# Slutty behaviour? (what ever that may be ...LOL)

# Having too much to drink?

Seems as if some men just feel an entitlement!?

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join