It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rape prevention , by " teaching men not to rape " a concept ?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You really come across rude and obtuse. I am not going to beat a dead horse anymore when I made my positions clear time and time again. You and others want to guilt-trip people into submission and frankly I had enough.
I do get rude when I see people defend rapists and blame victims. Boohoo, sorry your feelngs are hurt.

I stand by what I said. YOU are part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

luciddream

but even if the act of intercourse has already begun, if one partner says 'stop', and the other partner refuses, that is rape.

laughable, still gonna scream not responsible after going thru the process?

The mindset like this is the problem nowadays. These "rapes" actually make the real rape loose its value.

Encourage more women to fake the "rape"... slept with the wrong guy at the party? embarrassed? your boyfriend found about your cheating? solve your troubles away, call it "rape".

But whatever, keep enforcing it, it will only make real one less important and soon come back to bite when the real disgusting one happens.

people going to be like "oh rape, i see.. okay.. Next!"
you call I fake rape if a woman is forced to participate in sex?

Just disgusting.

I find it interesting how many of you are jumping to the false accusation line. Pretty standard.

So if you are with someone, and decide partway through that you are making a mistake, and tell them you want to stop, and the person says too bad, pins you down, and finishes up, that's somehow NOT rape?

What is wrong with you people?
edit on 30-9-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Your the only person in this thread that is twisting other people word, no one here defended rapist.

Talking against calling "All Men are rapist" is NOT defending rapist.

Talking about getting some self responsibility is not defending rapist.

Talking about difference between "rapes"(false accusations) and the real rape is not defending rapist.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Wait.. so you agree to have sex with your husband, and started having sex, after 10 mins, you don't want to anymore.. and that = rape?

How is this even comparable to a rape by stranger?

edit: if the person is forcing you, why are you still with them? yesterday sex was ok, today sex is rape, tomorrow sex is kinky?

This is the reason rape is losing its value.
edit on 9/30/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

luciddream

Your the only person in this thread that is twisting other people word, no one here defended rapist.

Talking against calling "All Men are rapist" is NOT defending rapist.

Talking about getting some self responsibility is not defending rapist.

Talking about difference between "rapes"(false accusations) and the real rape is not defending rapist.

no one has said aall men are rapists. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

luciddream

Wait.. so you agree to have sex with your husband, and started having sex, after 10 mins, you don't want to anymore.. and that = rape?

How is this even comparable to a rape by stranger?
marital rape is very real. Happens far too often and most fof the time goes unreported.

Does getting married mean that a woman has to have sex whenever the man wants?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Have you seen read the thread? seems like you read title and jumped to end page.

Go have another look.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

luciddream

Have you seen read the thread? seems like you read title and jumped to end page.

Go have another look.
been here from the start. Thanks. No one has said all men rape.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

i really don't wanna get involved in the situation between TWO MARRIED couples, who married EACH OTHER knowing each others PERSONALITY beforehand. What kinda deal they have had with each other before marriage is none of my concern.

These "rapes" and the real rape is not the same. PERIOD! one has nasty traumatic effect.

What kinda person marries someone without knowing them first? and still stays with them after such incident? sheez, the world of no responsibility.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

How much Percentage is general to you?

And do you agree Generally, Men rape?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

While rape does seem to be a growing problem in some countries, I wonder how many FAKE RAPE CASES exist for whatever reason. Maybe you need to fall victim to one to have your mind changed. Or fall victim to sexual harrasement charges because your employee hates you and wants you destroyed. Yeah this # never happens, does it?

What planet do you live on bro? Seriously even watching tv would opened your eyes....just a little. You are pathetic!

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

luciddream

How much Percentage is general to you?

And do you agree Generally, Men rape?
I agree with the context in which that statement was used. As in, most rapes are committed by men.

But I'm the one twisting words, huh.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

While rape does seem to be a growing problem in some countries, I wonder how many FAKE RAPE CASES exist for whatever reason. Maybe you need to fall victim to one to have your mind changed. Or fall victim to sexual harrasement charges because your employee hates you and wants you destroyed. Yeah this # never happens, does it?

What planet do you live on bro? Seriously even watching tv would opened your eyes....just a little. You are pathetic!
'bro'. Gotcha.

Problem is, you all are using false accusations as anexample when that has nothing to do with the topic. Its a weak deflection.

And please, I'm still waiting for you to explain how a false accusation means a girl was asking for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

luciddream

i really don't wanna get involved in the situation between TWO MARRIED couples, who married EACH OTHER knowing each others PERSONALITY beforehand. What kinda deal they have had with each other before marriage is none of my concern.

These "rapes" and the real rape is not the same. PERIOD! one has nasty traumatic effect.

What kinda person marries someone without knowing them first? and still stays with them after such incident? sheez, the world of no responsibility.
so an abusive husband does not cause trauma?

Its funny, you talking about a world of no responsibility while still blaming victims.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Nice try at dodging the question.

Im not asking if the most cases are by men(that would have to take in other factors as how serious iare women rapists cases are taken etc, including reports, telling male victims to "take it like a man" etc).

The question.

Do Men, generally rape?

that word is carrying over 51% (At least)of weight mind you.

If I were to walk out now, i should see at least 1 person getting raped by a man, i mean if there is at least 1.5 Billion men are doing it

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

luciddream

Nice try at dodging the question.

Im not asking if the most cases are by men(that would have to take in other factors as how serious iare women rapists cases are taken etc, including reports, telling male victims to "take it like a man" etc).

The question.

Do Men, generally rape?

that word is carrying over 51% (At least)of weight mind you.

If I were to walk out now, i should see at least 1 person getting raped by a man, i mean if there is at least 1.5 Billion men are doing it
I didn't dodge a thing.

No, most men do not rape. Yes, most rapes are committed by men.

Now please show me where anyone has claimed that all men rape, like you say they did.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

luciddream

Its funny, you talking about a world of no responsibility while still blaming victims.

So why did she marry him? Why doesnt she get a divorce?

Dont you think by that time its a little too late to play *the rape card*? Not saying its impossible, but man it reeks of bad taste to say the least.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

captaintyinknots

luciddream

So why did she marry him? Why doesnt she get a divorce?

Dont you think by that time its a little too late to play *the rape card*? Not saying its impossible, but man it reeks of bad taste to say the least.
Apparently you dont know a thing about the psychology of an abusive situation. Why doesnt every abused partner leave?

Heres a little reading material for you:

A 1997 study led by Kathleen C. Basile found that 13% of US married women had experienced rape (defined as unwanted sex obtained through the use or threat of force) by their current husband.[124]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

playing semantics are we?

Generally is a pretty high percentage, just because "All" was not meant does not mean it did not paint all men with a same brush..

Posters could have used "some" but they chose to stick with generally, meaning, its normal.

"Generally, Black people steal"
"Generally Asian can't drive"
"Generally Muslims are violent"

What do you think the authors really means?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

luciddream

playing semantics are we?

Generally is a pretty high percentage, just because "All" was not meant does not mean it did not paint all men with a same brush..

Posters could have used "some" but they chose to stick with generally, meaning, its normal.

"Generally, Black people steal"
"Generally Asian can't drive"
"Generally Muslims are violent"

What do you think the authors really means?
If you read the entire exchange (remember when you asked if I had read the whole thread or just jumped in?), you will see that the context of the statement was exactly as I said, that most rapes are committed by men. Which is true. Could the poster have worded it better? Sure. But the sentiment is quite clear.

Semantics, twisting words...yeah, someone is doing it. God I miss the 'eye-roll' emoticon.

Remembering more and more why I left this site...

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join