It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
the jews were expecting enlil and got enki instead. they wanted a military world ruler who would take over the planet by force. but enki was a creator not a destroyer, so that didn't work out so well. the crucifixion and resurrection resulted in enlil losing ownership of the planet but the actual transistion has not been fully realized yet. as a result, when enki (That is jesus) returns, he'll be taking visible ownership.

well, that is, if i'm right about any of this.
edit on 1-9-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

what it actually says is, that enki confused their speech. before he did so, they were all giving praise to enlil in one language. enki and enlil have bad history with each other, going back a long time.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I understand what you're saying, but somehow, I think Wandering Scribe isn't going to see it that way.

If your character chart is correct, that would be the equivalent of saying that the Sumerian "prophecy" that WanderingScribe has shown us really means that Enki (Jesus) returned everyone to one language (in that region) in order that they would be able to speak to Enlil (Satan).

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

he didn't return them to one language though.
not only that, to me, it sounds like the gift of tongues without a translator. *wiggles eyebrows* when that thought crossed my mind, it kinda freaked me out a bit. like a signature on the past.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, that's what WanderingScribe's post shows. He/she says that it is a Sumerian "prophecy" that's already happened and proven itself to be true.

ETA: Here's what WanderingScribe said...

Prophecy 2: Unified language. All of Mesopotamia (Shubur, Hamazi, Sumer, Akkad, Martu, etc) does now speak Arabic unilaterally. Second, before Arabic, the entire Mesopotamia empire was united under cuneiform as a written language, with dialects and slight variations in spoken form. So, twice this prophecy came true.

edit on 1-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by undo

Well, that's what WanderingScribe's post shows. He/she says that it is a Sumerian "prophecy" that's already happened and proven itself to be true.

that translation is not like any others i have seen of those stanzas from the enmerkar (nimrod) and the lord of arrata. in all the others, it doesn't say "one day" this will happen. observe:

Once upon a time, there was no snake, there was no scorpion,

There was no hyena, there was no lion,

There was no wild dog, no wolf,

There was no fear, no terror,

Man had no rival.

In those days, the land Shubur-Hamazi,

Harmony-tongued Sumer, the great land of the me of princeship,

Uri, the land having all that is appropriate,

The land Martu, resting in security,

The whole universe, the people well cared for,

To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.

Then the lord defiant, the prince defiant, the king defiant,

Enki, the lord of abundance, whose commands are trustworthy,

The lord of wisdom, who scans the land,

The leader of the gods,

The lord of Eridu, endowed with wisdom,

Changed the speech in their mouths, put contention into it,

Into the speech of man that had been one.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
p.s. there's evidence that it even effected the written language, as words that originally had b's became p's and d's. and z's became s's.

like a dyslexic letter flip.

for example, abzu became apsu.
nibbur became nippur.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

So, just out of curiosity, what is your source?

It appears that WanderingScribe's source is a book titled, "Epic of Sumerian Kings" written by Herman Vanstiphout.

Epics of Sumerian Kings presents for the first time both the authoritative Sumerian text and an elegant English translation of four key epics from the Sumerian literary canon. These epics, the earliest known in any language, revolve around the conflict between the cities of Uruk (biblical Erech) in ancient Iraq and Aratta in neighboring Iran. Of special interest is “Enmerkar and the Lord of Aratta,” which contains the story of the confounding of human language, often cited as a source of the biblical tower of Babel narrative, as well as the Sumerians’ own account of the invention of cuneiform writing. In addition to providing English translations of the epics, Vanstiphout discusses their intellectual and cultural context, their poetics and meaning, and the significance of the epic cycle as a whole. The volume will interest scholars and students of Assyriology and the ancient Near East, biblical scholars, and general readers and will be a valuable text for courses on ancient Near Eastern literature or history.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the namshub of enki, as translated by samuel noah kramer, a prominent assyriologist, who was one of the first to translate the sumerian cuneiform. it can be found in his book, Myths of Enki, the Crafty God

he was thought of as crafty because, among other things, he was always outwitting enlil.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
p.s. there's evidence that it even effected the written language, as words that originally had b's became p's and d's. and z's became s's.

nibbur became nippur.

That's precisely one of the reasons why I said earlier that I believed decifering correct etymology of names and their meanings was next to impossible to do. I don't think it was just letters that flipped. I think some of the characters and characteristics of each one of these flipped as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

nibbur became nippur.

That's precisely one of the reasons why I said earlier that I believed decifering correct etymology of names and their meanings was next to impossible to do. I don't think it was just letters that flipped. I think some of the characters and characteristics of each one of these flipped as well.

so you think the guy who immediately demanded we be hit with the nerf bat because we would mess up his planet, is the good guy. and the guy that created us and gave us procreation is the bad guy? the guy that said, go forth and replenish the earth is the bad guy, and the guy who said, oh wait a minute they have knowing (procreation)! and off he ran to the heavenly council to demand that enki be forced to cut the legs off the serpent (dna) of humans, so they couldn't muss up his planet. his planet, that he tried to give to jesus in exchange for his fealty. that guy, you think he's really the good guy. you realize that?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
let me give you an analogy. one day you decide plant a couple flowers in your garden. you give the flowers the means to reproduce. then, you punish them for reproducing.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, what I'm saying is that I think that WanderingScribe is possibly going to come up with some ancient text that shows the characteristics of Enlil as being those of Enki and vice versa. I believe that somewhere between the Sumerian myths and the Babylonian myths that characteristics of these characters changed and swapped places. I may be wrong, but last time I studied the difference between the Sumerian version and Babylonian version, they didn't appear to be the same to me any longer.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

you mean the difference between the akkadian version (which is the sumerian history) or the babylonian version, which is torah and talmud?

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, I'm talking about the Babylonian version that actually uses the names of Enki and Enlil.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Most of your examples are examples of RAPE which is not polygamy, but would fall into ployamory.

-FBB

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

No, I'm talking about the Babylonian version that actually uses the names of Enki and Enlil.

can you link me up ?
so far, i've only read the akkadian versions

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have to run an errand, and I can't immediately find texts with stories, but here's a list of gods and some of the differences.

Ea
The Babylonian god Ea is the son of Anu and husband of Damkina, father of Marduk, god of wisdom, arts and crafts. Ea is the ruler of all gods after Apsu. In the Great Triad, Ea is the third with Anu and Enlil. In the Sumerian pantheon, Ea is the son of Nintu.

Enlil

Enlil is the Babylonian god of the air between earth and sky. In Sumerian mythology he was the son of An and Nintu, the god of air and agriculture, and eventually co-ruler of the gods along with Anu. One of four Sumerian creating gods.

Somewhere I have marked a table showing the names of the gods from Sumerian to Babylonian and their differences, but I'll have to do it later.

ancienthistory.about.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Peace isn't meant to come just yet.

In the meanwhile, do you see the "we are all ONE" religion working to bring peace?
Yes, I see it HELPING. What YOU are doing is NOT HELPING.

What does the God is One religion say? How and when do we all become one? Does it happen over a period of eternity? All at once? Any answers?

You see, Dee, it is because of people LIKE YOU that it won't happen. Because you won't give up your blind, stubborn insistence that YOU know what God wants or intends, and your fatalistic predetermination crap.

ONLY PEOPLE can change this. Those who continue to hold onto antiquated beliefs and dogma, and refuse to GROW up into responsible, thinking adults who are willing to solve their OWN problems, are what is holding the world back.

God is not coming.

And there are, as 3NL said, WAY WAY more than 7 empires or kingdoms that have fallen over the last 2000 years.
You are being ridiculous, and childish in your thinking. And adding to the problems, by refusing to do anything but repeat Bible passages.

People get frustrated with you always typing out verses because it's not what we're here to see. We're here to talk as PEOPLE, not as "Bible memorizers". You seem so impressed with yourself and your ability to type out verses --- and you know what? Whenever I see "Bible verses" listed and numbered in a post, I ALWAYS skip right over them to the member's thoughts and independent statements.

The Bible Is Flawed = therefore, Your Thinking Is Flawed, and worse than useless. There are over 2,000 versions of the "Christian bible" - and NOT TWO OF THEM agree on everything.

Fail.

*sigh*

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I never said it was in the city now did I? If you look on google chrome, it's south of where Nebuchadnesser II's palace was. The more ancient name of the nation was Shinar but the capitol was Babylon which was also Ninevah.

shinar is sumer, which later became akkad and even later, became babylon. and as i indicated, it's just a side note, not a big problem.

Same region, same location. Potato, Potatoe.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join