It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
heres my problem with this. you exclude proven history to fit your narrative.

the oldest known worship sites were to the goddess. the oldest humanoid icons are of the goddess.

for thousands of years before the hebrews even existed, the gods were worshiped.

proven history shows that the hebrews at their beginning were polytheistic, then chose one tribal god and excluded the others. over the years they became "our god is real, yours are fake", monotheistic.

just as christianity has evolved over the years, so did judaism.

where was your god for the thousands of years before moses found him in the desert? how strange that story is. a man goes wandering in the desert and finds an outcast god that promises protection in exchange for complete obedience. what creature did this god chose to show himself as? a serpent (moses rod).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks for proving my point again by responding with information that had absolutely nothing to do with my comment.

Yes, the Bible is filled with prophecy.

I'd tell you to do some research on Daniel's vision about the future empires that would fall and that unfolded over the period of the next 400 years following it, but you won't, so it's pointless, and that's only ONE of the prophecies that was fulfilled.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This thread confuses me. It's difficult to grasp what this is about. I thought Wandering Scribe's input was interesting.

You can interpret the Bible in various ways. I like to think as the story of the tower of Babel is about how people get so consumed with getting better with whatever and lose connection to each other in the progress.

But essentially it's a creation myth, this one about different languages.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
in ezekiel 1, ezekiel claims that the being he's looking at, looks like jehovah. how's he know what jehovah looks like if no one had ever seen jehovah

Ezekiel 1 said he had "visions" of God, it doesn't say that he saw the true God.

If you notice in verses 25-28, it says that it was the "appearance of the likeness" several times.

Ezekiel 25-28

25 And there was a voice from the firmament that was over their heads, when they stood, and had let down their wings.

26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.

28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

In the meanwhile, the civilizations and the people who worshiped those goddesses have been wiped out, yet the Jews live on today and always will, just like the Bible says.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Maybe you'll learn that they like to sing, and dance, and participate in communal sexual experiences.

The communal sexual experiences are the problem. I think the Bible proves that.

Maybe you'll find that they have a reverence and respect for all life, all peoples, and all things which exist on Earth.

Maybe because they have absolutely no control over LIFE and they know it?

Maybe you'll find that they don't require genitalia alteration, the murder of first-born sons, or any of the other absolutely horrible things monotheistic God worship requires.

You must have missed one of my previous links...

Thc worship of Mater Magna or Kybele in Asia Minor was not only extremely influential, but also often included ecstatic passion, self-mutilation, even self-castration by male devotees so as to attain complete identity with the Goddess.

www.womenpriests.org...

It amuses me that you have a problem with circumcision, when it only makes sense in a civilization that puts so much emphasis on cleanliness in order to avoid diseases and sickness.

edit on 31-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

Reminds me of Easter.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
in ezekiel 1, ezekiel claims that the being he's looking at, looks like jehovah. how's he know what jehovah looks like if no one had ever seen jehovah

Actually, the contradiction exists in our understanding, not in the Bible--which is always the case with alleged biblical contradictions.

The solution is simple. But it would require you to believe what the Bible says, ie:

If the people of the OT were seeing God, the Almighty God, and Jesus said that no one has ever seen the Father, --"Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father." (John 6:46), --then they were seeing the Word before He became incarnate. In other words, they were seeing Jesus, God's projection of Himself into creation so He could interact with it.

Notice Jesus' incarnation into flesh was way after the time period of the manifestations of God that were seen in the Old Testament.

Trying to read and understand the Bible without the guidance of the Holy Spirit is like trying to put together a totally disassembled 6.2 Supercharged Hemi engine with instructions written in a foreign language.

edit on 8/31/2013 by WashMoreFeet because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/31/2013 by WashMoreFeet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Accepting things without thought has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.

I've seen my great great great great grandpa in person before, but I haven't. Contradiction? Noooooo, you just don't have the Holy Spirit to just accept it!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by windword

Your anger and resentment that pervades your perception of God is keeping you blind to hearing any Truth. Whatever happened to you that so perverted your perception of Him, was done through the poor choices of other people, not God.

You sound thoroughly brainwashed. You read too many ancients scripts and now live in that moment and not this one.

Wash a few women's feet, and see how they treat you.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth

Reminds me of Easter.

You mean the pagan spring fertility festival that celebrates the Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn Ausṓs, from which descends the common Germanic goddess Ēostre, also referred to as Ostara, and is represented with egg and rabbit totems?

That Easter?

Yeah, it occurs around the same time of year as Passover, which is when Jesus was crucified on the cross as the final atonement for all sin.

Paganism misappropriated symbols, feasts and times of remembrances from God, not the other way around.

There are two opposing forces in our reality.
One good, one bad.
One infinitely more powerful as the Creator and source of all things, and one infinitely inferior as a mere creation and instigator of rebellion and deceit.
One genuine, one an imposing imitator.
We are all given the opportunity and free will to choose which one will lead us to life versus the one that will lead us to death.

Make no mistake as to the cleverness of your Enemy and his ability to deceive and imitate.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Accepting things without thought has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit.

I've seen my great great great great grandpa in person before, but I haven't. Contradiction? Noooooo, you just don't have the Holy Spirit to just accept it!

Edited to better reflect my intent of what I was trying to get across. Other than that, as usual, I have no response for you because I am incapable of processing your non sequitur logic.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
number 1: i am a christian.
number 2: i have the holy spirit.
number 3: i'm still not convinced the old and new testaments are the best of friends. to me, the old testament reads mostly like an enlil book and the new, mostly like an enki book.
number 4: notice the hole in the sky in ezekiel 1? ever read michael heiser's description of ezekiel 1? you should.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by undo

God exists outside of creation.

I disagree. There is nothing in the Bible to support this claim. God, if he exists, he exists within the existence of creation. At the very least, God exists within a creation sphere created by another GOD, the father of God.

edit on 31-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

the Tower of Babel was built "to reach unto heaven" with the intent of "men to make a name for themselves."

try to change the word "NAME" with "SPACESHIP".

And even in the Epic of Gilgamesh....

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

the Tower of Babel was built "to reach unto heaven" with the intent of "men to make a name for themselves."

try to change the word "NAME" with "SPACESHIP".

And even in the Epic of Gilgamesh....

Ever seen a space ship made out of baked mud bricks? Not exactly space worthy. That's what the tower of Bab'El was made out of. Alexander the Great set out to rebuild the thing, had the mud bricks dismantled because he decided to use limestone like the pharaohs and suddenly, he died a mysterious death. The foundation of the tower is still at Babylon, you can see it on google chrome. It's also known as Etemenanki.

Coordinates: 32.536258,44.420641

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

just a side note: babylon was a country and an empire. it was never a single city. the tower of babel was not in the city babylon. but it was in the country babylon.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Are you sure? Why would GOD be threatened by "mud and bricks"?

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Etemenanki was originally 7 stories tall. God must have been furious.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I would give you more than one star if you could.

My daughter Cosmic spirit wanted me to tell you your awesome. I was so impressed with you rebuttal and amused I had her read your post and the exact words of hers were, "oh wow, tell him how awesome he is. "

So, your awesome Wandering Scribe!

Thank you!
And thank you from your daughter too!

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join