It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policewoman responds to a call and kills man for calling her the "B-word".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
A Santa Ana, California police woman shot and killed an unarmed man (reportedly "homeless") who called did not want to get on the ground per her command (with her gun drawn) and then exited the restaurant saying "what are you going to do bitch?" at which point she shot him once in the chest fatally killing him. The officer also had a taser on her duty belt but opted to approach the scene with her firearm drawn rather than threaten the use of less lethal force.
The story and video here:
www.theblaze.com... r-a-bch/

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

“It was a confrontation. It wasn’t a casual conversation,” Rojas said.

So we've moved on from turns and steps being "lunges" and "attacks" to excuse police murdering to simple words being viewed as attacks?

No more do we need to claim the keys or wallet looked like a gun. Now it's as easy as "I thought I heard a threatening word."

It really comes down to the mindset of the officer at that time and what threat they may have been facing,” he said.

Luck of the draw whether or not you wind up face to face with a hyper-paranoid cop or not I guess.
edit on 2-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why if they are not going to use the taser, can't they shoot them in their leg or something?

If it's a life or death situation, that is understandable.
But in a 'rowdy altercation' with name calling, just shoot them in the butt or leg.
Give them something to think about.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Call me sick, but I wish they'd have shot the guy that killed those people during the showing of the batman movie. Why is it so many random people die in smaller situations.

We have to pay millions of dollars in court/jail costs for the cases where death penalty is possible. So you'd think the police departments would go out of their way to kill mass shooters.

I can think of a million reasons how this story is weird, and it's not because the cop is a lady. Namely, an ex-convicted burglar who became homeless and is causing trouble in a business is shot to death when he doesn't listen to the cop. Don't they have ways to "disable" without killing?

Somehow I don't think of cops when I think of a way to de-escalate a situation. Then again, sometimes cops have to be used because a situation was unable to de-escalate. My gut is telling me that in some situations the scenario is unnecessarily escalated and that's the true failure. We have to remember that cops aren't perfect and the laws we have aren't perfect, either.

I refrain from judging her, though. I don't know the details. I suspect cops deal with a lot of s*** from day to day and that most of us in their position wouldn't do any better.
edit on 2-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Cops only have a 10-15% accuracy rate. Takes two officers 15 shots to hit a guy twice.

If she had fired for the legs she probably would have hit 35 bystanders.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Easy...law suits......

Dead men tell no tales

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A juice bar should have surveillance cameras right? Santa Ana is the high crime neighborhood of Orange County. I'd be shocked to speechless if the store didn't have a camera covering the counter and to the door. I can't tell what is being said or happening in any clear way on the witness video but the other one the public isn't seeing yet? That must have captured it all in much better detail ...and far more importantly? It should have good video of what was happening inside and what no one outside can see?

13 year veteran I believe they said. What a way to end a career, if in fact this is ruled a bad shoot. Santa Ana's cops are harsh. Some of the harshest in So. Cal, in my opinion. Their Internal Affairs is equal to the people and the task. If she's dirty on this ...she's done and probably retiring in a correctional facility. I hope it's not that bad...but we'll see. No Way something like this gets swept up tho. Not there, of all places. Rodney King only got a beating ....this is so far beyond that.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow....I HATE these kinds of stories. I support law enforcement. But just like someone who supports boy scouts, doesn't mean they support pedophiles, I don't support bad decision making by someone with a lethal weapon.

Look at it this way: Every day, probably just about every minute, there is an officer somewhere in this country facing the same decision the officer in this story did. Obviously, most of the time they act appropriately or else there would be dozens of stories like this one every day. I personally know several cops that have been in a life-or-death situations and had to decide on whether to pull the trigger. Thankfully, most of the time they have the option of going less-lethal, even when the suspect DOES have a gun and it would have been a justified shooting. Trust me, a normal cop does NOT want to shoot someone and live with the nightmares for the rest of their lives.

In my area, the police have several other options they go to BEFORE their gun, unless it is an obvious kill-or-be-killed scenario. It's the last thing they want to do. Maybe it all comes down to training, equipment and politics.

I just know it's a job I would never want, for this reason. What a huge responsibility it is, and a thankless one most of the time. The cops that DO make those bad split-second decisions set the rest of them up for the hatred and scorn. There are so many GOOD cops out there though, that I wish they could also be recognized a little more often. I just know that when someone needs them, they are glad they're there.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Cops only have a 10-15% accuracy rate. Takes two officers 15 shots to hit a guy twice.

If she had fired for the legs she probably would have hit 35 bystanders.

Point well taken.......

They sure never miss a chest shot tho. Bigger target area I suppose.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
She is a murderer.
She should be tried

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Looks like resisting is now cause to be killed. The reaction to the b word use has got to tell something about her background. I seems to have punched a major button. If so she doesn't seem fit for duty.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Cops are pathetic these days. Sorry Leo's visiting this forum but you know it's true. Corrupt and pathetic. 95% of em. Also no offense not the brights bulbs in society.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Most Leo's are unfit for duty. It's called having a lack in the required intellect to think rationally. Also have you ever noticed most cops are also tacitly cowards fronting real hard. Sorry but it takes a certain lack of something to opt to be bullies and facist tools for a living. Normal people have better things to do. And I hope cops don't use the excuse that they want to make their community better if they did they wouldn't be Leo's they'd be social workers and members actually supporting their communities not tools enforcing the will of corporate monopolies.
edit on 2-8-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
personally i think the powers a police officer is granted should be removed from human hands as soon as we have the technology to do so, i never have supported the notion of organized law enforcement or of an organized military, such things creates a group mentality and a sense of superiority over the civilian populace, it makes them think they are entitled to special privileges and exceptions, it alienates them to the rest of the population and in the end causes civil wars, coups, invasive corruption, abuse of power and national collapses.

modern american police and military are starting to act very much like the praetorian guard in the roman empire, it was probably one of the major reasons the western half of the roman empire collapsed, by the time constantine disbanded them it was already too late to fix the damage their behavior caused to the social, economic and political structures of rome, it's only a matter of time if it keeps escalating as it is, if we can remove human emotions and thought from these positions then we might have hope to save ourselves because an intelligent robot or android could obey the law of the land properly with reason and logic, without fear, arrogance, bias or paranoia, and they would know every detail of the law and how far their power extends.

humans are not worthy of great power over others, we are too much like animals following their instincts to be trusted in any such capacity imho, there's the rare exception who become great leaders but usually they become limited by fools who are ruled by their emotions and in the end we never get anywhere.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by namehere

While I fully agree with you about Police and Military both getting entirely out of hand with the abuse of power, how can it possibly work to have none? It's not like we don't have examples in the world to see how that works out. The current one and most recent example is Somalia. Anarchy isn't a solution, it's simply the cause of death for a good % of a civilized population when it stops being civilized?

I don't know how we regain control of the police at this point, as it seems clear needs done. However, many call for a society without them ...and I simply ask this. Have you watched the breadth of offerings on Youtube recently to get a feel for what our fellow citizens consist of? I hope we're all VERY pro-2nd and VERY heavily armed with enough ammo to last for years ...because without police, we'll be forced to become our own cop ..with what that means for how judgement of each person varies radically by mood and circumstance.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
IMO, LEOs should automatically receive DOUBLE sentence if convicted of misconduct,
due to the "power" they´ve been granted by the "establishment".
Might make them view their jobs with little more responsibility.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishfriar47

Easy...law suits......
Dead men tell no tales

And that may be the reason that the canuk cop fired 6 more times at the kid on the streetcar (armed with a knife) after he first shot him 3x and then paused.....apparently to finish him off. In this case tho it was in the chest at close range.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
Why if they are not going to use the taser, can't they shoot them in their leg or something?

If it's a life or death situation, that is understandable.
But in a 'rowdy altercation' with name calling, just shoot them in the butt or leg.
Give them something to think about.

When trained to use a firearm, you are taught to double tap to the center of the target's mass.

That said...these policemen and women who engage in these killings and beatings are traitors to this country. They are an armed gang that operates above the law in the police state and they are the royal guard for the financial elite.

Do not trust them. They will be the first to fire upon American citizens.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The call probably said that there was a homeless guy in an establishment who refuses to leave...no mention of a weapon surely; ergo, no reason to draw her firearm when approaching the situation (a defacto assault with a deadly weapon unless justified). She did not even need to have her taser out at that point. Bad cops make bad decisions and in cases like this - they cant be reversed. Calling someone a bitch is no cause to be killed.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Our folly was unnecessary war and this is one of the fruits we now must reap because of that sin. Law enforcement is a preferred occupation for returning soldiers who have been indoctrinated to be killers. I respect those who serve, don't get me wrong at all... But taking a person from the front line in the desert, taking away their gun and uniform, putting them onto a plane back home - where they are then handed another uniform and another gun?

This single factor has changed the face of law enforcement in this country and totally redefined the culture of our law enforcement professionals. They were trained to seek out and kill enemy combatants. That training is very specific, highly researched, and designed to be effective.

Now that they've come home. Due to the ongoing war they've never had any chance for meaningful closure. They are still soldiers... and we are now seen as the enemy combatants.

IMO this transition was not accidental at all. Those in power never wanted the police to serve and protect us anyway. They wanted stormtroopers. Now they have them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join