It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Apaches Kill a Platoon Of Taliban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
2 Apaches kill a platoon of Taliban fighters setting up to ambush a U.S. special forces patrol.

www.liveleak.com...

This is long footage and exclusive .Power of Apaches is enormous.
edit on 6/26/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- All caps title.

edit on Wed Jun 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Other than their actions how do we know they are Taliban fighters?

Looks similar to drone footage to me. Lol, "war on terrorism", I think the civilians being bombed to blitz knows who the real terrorists are.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
They are killing people like they are playing video games. sick.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh yay, let's glorify murder and violence. " Isn't cool how that apache just took the lives of a bunch of people?!"

I'm pretty tired of watching soldiers kill people, regardless of where they are, I don't need to be exposed to that crap.

~Tenth

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh waaa.

Its us or them. Sometimes I wish people who make these comments would spend a day with these units. See what they see.

Its war. This platoon sized element of Taliban fighters were maneuvering on our guys. Apaches rightly took em out.

Good for them.
edit on 26-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
if someone invaded my country just saying :puz
ne mans freedom fighter is called a terrorist by some ???

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
They are killing people like they are playing video games. sick.

And chopping off girls noses for their greed isn't sick?

Sometimes there is pride and honor in killing when it protects young girls from monsters.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
war is hell, better there than here , a running boomer is an undisciplined boomer, a standing boomer is a well disciplined boomer and makes for an easy target. less ammo needed to do the same kill

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Being in an air assault unit I have a lot of knowledge into what is happening here. It's good to see CAS was available to support our ground guys. So often, even with SF units, it isn't readily available. Especially when it comes to rotor craft air support

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

I expect the Taliban to fight. But it seems like some people would rather we just let the Taliban kill our guys just because it's only morally wrong to kill when you're the US Army.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Our guys live to see another day, I'd say that's a glorious thing.

War sucks but it happens, and I think it's sick of those who would cheer our enemies.

Do you really think they wouldn't harm you if they could, just because you support them?

Concentrate your anger on the government not our soldiers.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I had a whole other post in mind; but there always has to be something, right?

Why is 'Live Leaks' leaking this 1 year old video now? What? It's nearly the 4th of July and time to watch CAS's greatest hits?

I feel coerced. Again.

Thanks, OP. I think.

edit on 26-6-2013 by Bybyots because: .

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Its us or them. Sometimes I wish people who make these comments would spend a day with these units. See what they see.

I really don't feel bad for people who put themselves in that position, knowing why they are truly there. It's not fighting for freedom or anybody's rights, it's fighting a oligarch's war.

Its war. This platoon sized element of Taliban fighters were maneuvering on our guys. Apaches rightly took em out.

Yup it is a war, a self perpetuating one.

ETA: not that it really makes a difference, but other than myself, most of my family has been military at one time or another.

~Tenth
edit on 6/26/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by billdadobbie

I expect the Taliban to fight. But it seems like some people would rather we just let the Taliban kill our guys just because it's only morally wrong to kill when you're the US Army.
have those humans ever tried to harm your family or borders . let them fight among themselves

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

News flash soldiers don't pick the war. Congress and the president do.
We are not diplomacy or foreign policy. We are the sword. There will always be a need for the sword.

Soldiers complete missions. That's it. Don't like it? There are 535 d-bags in Washington you could talk to.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Yes they have.

As well as supporting and aiding those who have.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If foreigners forcibly invaded my country, I would join a resistance group. We are the invaders there. We should leave and let them be.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

News flash soldiers don't pick the war. Congress and the president do.

Is that so? When was the last draft? Who told these people they NEEDED to pick up arms and go oppress others? Most likely a misplaced sense of duty and patriotism.

Nope, not gonna cut it. Every soldier today has the choice to be a part of the machine that makes this world deadly and cruel, or not.

Soldiers complete missions. That's it. Don't like it? There are 535 d-bags in Washington you could talk to.

No, I blame those who make the conscious decision, to SUPPORT the 535 d-bags in congress who claim to have authority under rule of law. Be it soldiers or civilians.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yah, let them go back to throwing acid in school girls' faces and bombing other innocents. Sometimes somebody with the means to do so has to step up.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ok fair enough. That's your opinion.

Luckily I don't require your blessing to do the things you won't do.

We haven't oppressed anyone. The Taliban have and continue to do so. We don't tell the Afghans how to live. We have gone to great length to understand and respect their culture and modus vivendis while we are there.We do, however, want to destroy the Taliban . I have no problem being part of that mission.

EDIT TO ADD:

I don't want you to feel bad for me. I do what I do because I want to.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join