It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Apaches Kill a Platoon Of Taliban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

We haven't oppressed anyone.

Tell that to the 500 thousand woman and children we helped kill over the last 2 decades of meddling in the Middle East.

The statement quoted above is just...I can't even fathom how you could express that opinion and believe it. Not just the US mind you, NATO and the various other non member of it, including middle eastern outfits are in the business of oppression.

Source PDF

Look at the amount of youth in those countries. These kids have no adults to teach them proper ways of living and how to pull themselves out of the hole we put them in. We've destroyed their culture with our greed and financial/military meddling.

I don't want you to feel bad for me. I do what I do because I want to.

No I feel bad for every soldier whose mind and body are being used in a conflict that they believe is just, when quite frankly, all the evidence states otherwise. Made worse that your own country will refuse to take proper care of you when you get back.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Oh waaa.

Its us or them. Sometimes I wish people who make these comments would spend a day with these units. See what they see.

Its war. This platoon sized element of Taliban fighters were maneuvering on our guys. Apaches rightly took em out.

Good for them.
edit on 26-6-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Not it's not us or them that sounds like that idiot Bush. In case you have forgotten we invaded their nation even though they did nothing to America. We are in the wrong here we should pull our people out hell even the Russians learned quicker than we did that fighting the Taliban is a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

The Apaches fighting the Taliban isn't really even war its shooting fish in barrel.
I stopped watching these Apache kill Taliban vids because I have seen them before. what put me off them was seeing a donkey get hell fired.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That is entirely your view.

I have a different view on that matter which is more thoughtful than you care to give me credit for.

Do I agree with the Mission in Afghanistan? Yes. Do I agree with the civilian leaderships' way of handling the Mission?Not entirely.

Did I support our mission in Iraq? No. I found it to be wasteful and misguided. We didn't even get oil contracts at the end of the day. We left empty handed.

At least they now have democratic elections. But that too is shaky at best.

Afghanistan has no real national unity. Kabul does not control the country. Karzai' government is corrupt and the ANA are largely incapable of securing the country. If we had focused on Afghanistan we would have already left with a lot more to show for it than what we are leaving with in 2014. Am I happy with that? No. Can I change it? No.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by billdadobbie

Yes they have.

As well as supporting and aiding those who have.
i forgot about the saudi arabian hijackers who came back from the dead

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Oh yay, let's glorify murder and violence. " Isn't cool how that apache just took the lives of a bunch of people?!"

I'm pretty tired of watching soldiers kill people, regardless of where they are, I don't need to be exposed to that crap.

~Tenth

I'm tired of seeing people killing people.

What say you?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Sorry i don't buy 9/11 conspiracy/ Alex Jones bs.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
reply to post by groingrinder

Yah, let them go back to throwing acid in school girls' faces and bombing other innocents. Sometimes somebody with the means to do so has to step up.

How much of this was going on before we invaded?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

you guys wont understand anything until some foreign group comes to your country and picks off you and your family 1 by 1.

then i will go online and say how you should die for fighting the invaders.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Tell that to the 500 thousand woman and children we helped kill over the last 2 decades of meddling in the Middle East.

The statement quoted above is just...I can't even fathom how you could express that opinion and believe it. Not just the US mind you, NATO and the various other non member of it, including middle eastern outfits are in the business of oppression.

Source PDF

Look at the amount of youth in those countries. These kids have no adults to teach them proper ways of living and how to pull themselves out of the hole we put them in. We've destroyed their culture with our greed and financial/military meddling.
~Tenth
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

War fare has not changed since its inception. The only thing that has is technology and media access. All those stats mean nothing. In wars long history, compared to other wars that is literately a drop in the bucket.

The same war crimes, atrocity's and killing have been going on since one ape lifted up a stick and beat another to death with it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
o I feel bad for every soldier whose mind and body are being used in a conflict that they believe is just, when quite frankly, all the evidence states otherwise. Made worse that your own country will refuse to take proper care of you when you get back.

~Tenth

I feel bad for people who think like you do. Its wrong and the "evidence" of history and time, state otherwise

I can't speak for every soldier I was taken proper care when I got back, got every thing I needed.
Some don't some bitch because they are not taken care of, when they never tried to get any help.
Now I'm not stating that this is the case to all soldiers.

but for ever soldier who get the care, there is another who did not try and get it, one who did not want it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Did I support our mission in Iraq? No. I found it to be wasteful and misguided. We didn't even get oil contracts at the end of the day. We left empty handed.

So you think we should have gotten something for invading Iraq? Oh sure it's ok to invade countries that haven't attacked America as long as we get something out of it. That's just sick and twisted dude.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Sorry i don't buy 9/11 conspiracy/ Alex Jones bs.

Forget AJ....how about these guys?

patriotsquestion911.com...

Deny Ignorance by not believing everything authority figures tell you.
edit on 26-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

It was going on from the day the Taliban took over the country. This is a matter of historical record.

www.gwu.edu...

Taliban oppression:
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

So you think we should have gotten something for invading Iraq? Oh sure it's ok to invade countries that haven't attacked America as long as we get something out of it. That's just sick and twisted dude.

I don't recall saying that.

But ok.

Interestingly it does.call into question the whole "war for oil" dynamic though, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

They are welcome to their opinion. I don't share it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am happy that it was shown in the video that we do pull back when there are children. **reports of children in the area and cant see in the tents....? Dont fire. and they did just that** We were put in many situations out there where the Mooj would purposefully hide in groups of children and fire at us, and we could do nothing but take cover and try to get to hand to hand range when he went for the re-mag. I fully support this and feel sorry for those that dont understand the tragedies of war.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by xavi1000

The Apaches fighting the Taliban isn't really even war its shooting fish in barrel.

There's a difference between a soldier and a warrior, and these guys aren't the latter.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

In war you use every advantage and weapon you have to defeat the enemy.

This ain't COD.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Oh waaa.

Its us or them. Sometimes I wish people who make these comments would spend a day with these units. See what they see.

Its war. This platoon sized element of Taliban fighters were maneuvering on our guys. Apaches rightly took em out.

Good for them.

But you shouldnt be there in the first place.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

So what? We should just stand there and get shot?

Sorry. But we are there. And as long as we are, anyone pointing a gun
At my fellow soldiers will likely get some lead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join