It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by AQuestion

i never said anyone was 'Homophobic', i'm saying it seems whenever it's a 'Gay thing' it's 'Brainwashing kids' and a 'Gay Agenda' and other nonsense, there is violence in cartoons and doesn't create the attention that a "Gay Issue" will,

that is like blaming Music for killing people

Dear Darth_Prime,

I will ask you the same thing that I ask fundamentalists. Deal with me as me and not what you think I am supposed to believe. Deal with what I have asked you.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

no T no shade, but i thought i was? what question did you ask that i didn't answer?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

no T no shade, but i thought i was? what question did you ask that i didn't answer?

Dear Darth Prime,

What is gender and what is sex? You man not be able to understand the things I have said on this thread, I get that. People expect to hear the same things they have always heard. I understand that. I ask you to read all my posts on this thread and think about what I have said before you respond to me again. You don't have to do that, it is a request so that we might have a deeper conversation rather than one filled with fear and concern over hatred and accusations. I am me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

i am not in fear,

you have talked a lot about transhumanist agenda, but what does that have to do with Drag Queens, Transgenders or even transvestites?

Transhumanism is about utilizing technological advancements to create a 'Posthuman', it seems and i may be wrong but you are saying instead of worrying about the cartoon desensitizing children to drag, but it will desensitize them to transhumanism ?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Powerpuff girls had a transgendered devil type called HIM,Peppermint Patty was a Tomboy not to mention all the superhero comics (DC) which have transgendered characters in.
No I really do not see a problem in it.

ok I have no idea what powderPuff girls is.....

Pepermint patty was a girl... Though quite the tom boy, and she seemed to have a lesbian friend...

This is a superhero, meaning children will probably want to dress up as said character eventually...

It just seems to me that someone is trying to "soften" boys... at a very early age...

I smell an agenda behind this type of programing... aimed specifically at children in an very influential time in their lives

Whenever people go on rants about the "gay agenda", all I see is a combination of mislead, misunderstood religious upbringing, and fear.

What purpose would an agenda like this serve?

Besides your own fears and insecurities, how would this damage someone? How would it negatively affect an individual, a community, or a nation?

Even if all of our children started dressing in opposite sex clothes, for fun, what harm would it do?

I just don't see the big deal....and I'm a heterosexual male. I also have a young child. I wouldn't mind at ALL if he were gay, dressed like a lady, or does anything else.....so long as he is honest, creative, and intelligent in whatever he does (and I'll forgive him for when he is lacking in those qualities....just like my parents forgave me

Seriously, what is the big deal?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

When you are pushing cross dressing to grade school kids you know the end is near. The progressive mindset is a disease of the mind. If you let it into your house it will bring nothing but bad things. People need to wake up.

And before you say anything about me being anti-gay. I am all for gay rights including marriage and adoption. But I have huge issues when they push this crap on children.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

*applause*

Subtruth:

a Cartoon is pushing nothing on the children, it is not telling them they have to drag it out, it is not 'Brainwashing', it's a cartoon,

do Cartoons push violence on the children?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Who even gets that channel? Honestly, I've never heard of it. But I have to agree with the OP being against this show. But for different reasons. After about 30 seconds watching that puerile inanity I wanted to take the knife off my desk and slam it into my brain stem. I suspect that show has an agenda--if only to make children more accepting of certain "different" people. All irrelevant really. It's a show seemingly targeted to children less than 12. If a parent doesn't want their child to watch that show or any show, well...I think the answer to that "problem" should be self-evident. But unless you don't get it: kid don't watch the show because parent said so, and if the kid lacks the guidance and leadership of an adult in the household then this show--any show--is the least of their problems.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

It means just as you read it, I could care less what people do for enjoyment. However I don't believe in all the glamourizing and recruiting. It's my opinion, like it or not.

How do you recruit someone to be gay?

Has anyone actually tried to recruit you to be gay? Are you sure it wasn't a joke?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The whole idea of being AGAINST something that is entirely optional is beyond me.

If this were state-sponsored television programming, and your child would be required to watch a certain amount of episodes....then sure.....speculate all you want on what agendas might be implemented into it.

However, I have NEVER been for censorship. In fact, I find the fact that we censor nudity on TV rather absurd.

Television is an optional, recreational form of media-technology. If you don't agree with a certain program for a certain child, what could possibly be more simple than just not letting them watch it?

Again, this isn't state-sponsored, mandatory television.

There is a HUGE difference between not wanting your child to watch a show like the one being discussed.....and actually wanting this type of "behavior" to not be ALLOWED on television. Censorship isn't going to change anything.

For the record, even as a homosexual man, I am smart enough to know that tv programs, and even exposure to homosexuals doesn't "make" someone gay. A person doesn't "become" gay. They either are attracted to the same sex, or they aren't....and believe it or not...there are even many shades within THAT difference as well.

I don't see how watching a tv program like the one being discussed could EVER be harmful to a child. No one AGAINST it wants to admit it, but to those who don't see a problem with it....we see WHY people WOULD have a problem with it....and however you want to sugar coat your stance.....it really comes down to your inability to accept homosexuality, or in this case.....a boy who turns into a girl superhero or whatever.

This whole topic should really be as simple as , if you don't approve as a parent...change the channel. It will NEVER be that simple though, why? Because those who don't approve....they don't just want to CHANGE the channel....they want to change everyone's MINDS. They don't want to just prevent THEIR child from seeing it....they want to prevent EVERYONE from seeing it....and thus want it off the air.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is insane. Kids minds are so fragile. Its hard explaining to my son he's not spider-man so just imagine the power. For those of you that don't have kids, it would be kind of hard to understand this position. You are constantly telling the little people to not repeat what you hear, or to not say this or that 'usually some junk from supposed kid friendly television
. I will be highly upset, hearing some of these things coming out of my sons or future daughters mouths. Its not just this show, cartoons are literally "innocence stealers". What happend to the cartoons that were available for kids, that did not have adult themes.

On another note. GO READ ABOUT 90% of the other posts. Its scary that people don't have an honest opinion anymore, and if they do they face the heat. The mass produced "answer" is so popular nowadays, everybody is "buying" it.

Most of the people here = Oh, I have seen it on (insert cartoon, or tv show here)(insert any number here) of times, oh its fine. You can show me wrong a million times, and its still wrong. IDC if its the powerpuff, bugs, my fav actor, or whatever....The word terrorist, etc.....its wrong.

Do you realize what you are really saying. " I am numb, It has been shown to me so many times that, I don't have an opinion either way."

This bothers me,
and ATS and world. It is still Legal to disagree and to voice your opinion. I am tired of people making the world feel like its not okay to NOT agree with something.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Why is it a big deal if kids watch this? Are you honestly afraid that it will turn them into cross dressers or homosexuals? Adults love to hide the real world from kids, but honestly I don't agree with that concept. They're going to find out one way or another. Instead of hiding shows like this from your children, sit down and talk to them about it. Explain that in the REAL WORLD, same sex couples exist and are very much part of society. Besides it's just a silly kids show. They'll probably just laugh at it and be nonethewiser.

I'm just glad people weren't this sensitive when I grew up watching Loonytoons that depicted violence, cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, and other anti social behavior. Kids minds aren't complex enough to analyze those issues yet. They just want to laugh at the sillyness.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
But if you believe that this will 'Turn Kids Gay' or 'Brainwash America' or 'Desensitize Children' where is the line drawn? what will and wont? what other programs are equally as bad?

as stated above, i was born gay, a cartoon didn't tell me to be, and a cartoon can't 'make' your child be gay, or a drag queen, or destroy their mind, or america

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Why is it a big deal if kids watch this? Are you honestly afraid that it will turn them into cross dressers or homosexuals? Adults love to hide the real world from kids, but honestly I don't agree with that concept. They're going to find out one way or another. Instead of hiding shows like this from your children, sit down and talk to them about it. Explain that in the REAL WORLD, same sex couples exist and are very much part of society. Besides it's just a silly kids show.

Truth Girl,

teaching tolerance and acceptance, teaching what exist in the world, not everything has to be sexualized and "Dirty"

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

But if you believe that this will 'Turn Kids Gay' or 'Brainwash America' or 'Desensitize Children' where is the line drawn? what will and wont? what other programs are equally as bad?

as stated above, i was born gay, a cartoon didn't tell me to be, and a cartoon can't 'make' your child be gay, or a drag queen, or destroy their mind, or america

Couldn't agree more. People talk about desensitizing, but what does that even mean? They lost their innocence? Does that really even matter? You are only delaying the inevitable. I don't honestly believe hiding children from the real world protects them. It keeps them naive, but it only opens them up for shock when they realize what's REALLY going on. I mean come on. We lie to our kids enough with the whole Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Tooth fairy stuff. Tell the kids the truth!
edit on 20-6-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I think the issue is not as much about sexuality as it is about nudering the modern man. This "children's show" is just a part of a long line of shows which are, in affect, are psychologically castrating boys and young men. For instance, look at the trends in current TV and cinema.

You are seeing men represented as: not as problem solvers, but problem making baffoons who are typically out smarted by 8yr girls, arrestedlly developed man-children focused only on sports, beer, and sexual urges, dorks and whatnot hidden in someone's basement playing video games, and hyper aggressive monsters who act as thugs and prepreditory bullies. Women, on the other hand, are portraied as: highly calculating witty protagonists who end up, "saving the day", successful business persons, cops, lawyers, and Sara Connor-like bad---es who kick rears and take names. It is Hollywood who is portraying these sterotypes - social engineering. It seems the pendullum has swung to the other spectrum.

The cross-dressing schema is furthering the weakening of what a man should be idealized. What effect does this have on society? Is this what we really want? I have spoken to many women who have wondered, "where have the real men gone?" Boys and men seem to be just as confused. Have we emasculaed men on the alter of political correctness? Have we crossed the plane of equality into feminist superiority/ masculine inferiority? This gets to the heart of who we are as society and how we interact with each other.

Look at comedy in the past 15 - 20 years. Comedians cross-dressing in movies to get a laugh. At first, I thought it was funny, but you combine everything else, we see a disturbing trend. David Chappelle refused to go in drag and it cost him his career for the most part. In his case, he didn't like the message it was sending about black male comics. That they have to deny who they are to succeed in the industry. I think he was right for standing by his principles.

So it is up to you folks. do we want to portray males as weak, child-like, baffons or as proud, confident, and bold creatures who embody their own uniqueness; to bring balance back to the sexes.

Please, don't take this post as a male chauvinist rant. It's not, but it is an observation. I don't think one sex is better than the other. I do want people to understand simularites and appriciate difference between the sexes.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat

So it is up to you folks. do we want to portray males as weak, child-like, baffons or as proud, confident, and bold creatures who embody their own uniqueness; to bring balance back to the sexes.

So it is up to you folks. do we want to portray males as weak, child-like, buffoons or as proud, confident, and bold creatures who embody their own uniqueness; to bring balance back to the sexes.

Gays and Drag don't portray males as weak,Child-like buffoons, i may be a queen, and highly feminized, but i am far, far from weak, nor buffoon like

that is just contorting it into something else, does movies play to certain stereotypes? of course they do, i am not denying that, but that doesn't coincide with this thought process that 'gays' and 'drag' is going to defect the children

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
it's my wholehearted belief that "personal orientation" in any manner is due brain chemistry including wanting/needing to dress as your opposite gender and no amount of "visual aid" would amplify or detract from the matter.

it's worrisome to us because we're already set in our ways but if it actually does anything i would hope it would teach tolerance which is sorely needed so maybe every generation after the last will be better than the last.

kids wouldn't make the connection regarding this topic being "right" or "wrong" unless the parents explain the situation in an ignorant manner.

you should be well aware of how to tell a difference between "attention seeking" and something very real bothering your child so please, before you state your personal opinions around your kids or any kids in general please think before you remark because it's this that makes them afraid to talk.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Uhhm... has anyone seen this yet?

A 12-year-old boy named Guy (natch) uses a magic ring to transform himself into the legendary crime fighter, SheZow, by saying “You go girl!” (natch). You should see what happens when he says “WEEEEEERQ!” — Guy becomes the legendary up-and-coming superhero drag queen, Xtravaganza LaBeija. The gender-bending Australian cartoon, aimed at 6-11 year-olds, began airing last year in December but will make its stateside debut Saturday on the Hub — Discovery Communications and Hasbro’s bastard child masquerading as a kid’s cable network. We can all agree that One Millions Moms or someone holier than thou is going to launch a protest against this show for promoting gender confusion or whatever, right? Well, that doesn’t seem to phase the higher-ups at the Hub.

Full story here: www.queerty.com...

www.comicsalliance.com...

I personally have no problem with people that want to dress a little... Out of the ordinary...

Though im not sooo sure it should be promoted with children ages 6-11...

I saw an ad for this a few nights ago... and my jaw hit the floor...

What the hell is this world coming to?!?!

:shk:

Am I wrong about this?

I don't think it will destroy America or the world as the links say... but I think these are some bountries that probably shouldn't be broken here...

IF I had a son... I would not want him watching this show...

You obviously don't have kids yourself

Kids don't work or think this way.
When I was like 4/5 years old I used to play with my Sisters pram and my Sister and my Cousins (All girls) used to put make up on me and use me as a play toy for modelling, lol

And I am married with kids now..
If I had a son, he could watch this show.
I think its a little ignorant for you to say this.

BUT..Opinions are allowed.
Have kids then gather these opinions of what kids may or may not have

Regards

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

What in the world are you talking about? You my friend must have some serious issues. I never said any of the things you wrote. It's not about one sex being better then the other. And YES, we do have genders from the day we are born. Every mammal has.

This thread is full of nonsense like Michael's post. Putting words in other peoples mouths and just twisting peoples posts to suit their own agenda.

Well guess what, gender exists. Deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join