It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about caus

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We can never give up on the truth...

No matter how long it takes or what it costs.

If your loved one was on that plane...You would want the truth.

Sunshine People...The only true disinfectant.

PS. This is also the path to the real truth we all seek.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

TWA Flight 800 investigators break silence in new documentary, claim original conclusion about cause of crash is wrong

This is one of those cases that very well may be exposed for what really happened but our government is never, ever, ever going to confess to any high-reaching cover-up. Just like so many other classic instances of the obvious being set aside for an 'official story', TWA 800 is likely going to end up the same way; nobody believes the official account but that account is never officially changed.

One note here should be that the main scream media is locking on to this story and the presentation. How they report it afterwards... will be very telling.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Regarding the eyewitness accounts:
It is important to take into account south shore beach life and generally eastern Long Island south shore life in the summer at night: you're always outside. Even though it is an Island where you only need to travel a few miles to go to the beach, everyone has in ground swimming pools, if you're lucky to live right on the shore you have a deck overlooking the ocean (and regardless of the day of the week, someone is having people over), beach parties with bonfires are regular events too. All it takes for one person seeing something unusually streak in the sky to point up and "say what's that?" for a group of people to see the streak and subsequent explosion.

I always believed the eyewitnesses and was never surprised that so many had the same story simply because I know the culture and lived the culture. 90% of eyewitnesses weren't drunks or drunk, they were just regular people enjoying being outside on a summer night on the Island.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I remember reading about a Navy submarine that was undergoing initial full crew sea trials underneath the crash.

I also remember reading that the CO and XO were relieved of duty after that exercise. No explanation was given as to why. Which is odd, because you can google several Navy CO's being relieved of duty and it explains why.

At first the Navy denied that it had any ships or subs in the area, then then the story changed a few times.

I also read about fabric samples being given to a reporter by someone in the hanger. The reporter had one sample tested and it came back as rocket propellant. The reporter took the other sample to one of the networks so they could test it at another lab to confirm his results. The network called the FBI and turned the fabric swatch over to them without testing it.

If I remember it correctly the seats were near the front, ahead of the wing, and there was no explosive residue, only propellant.

The same article talked about a portion of the fuselage being removed from the hanger, the section ahead of the wings near the front of the plane.

Another thing is that I have a friend who flies heavies for Northwest (now Delta), and he told me that very few commercial pilots bought the center tank theory. He also said no 747's were pulled from service, and mechanics he talked to said there were no fix it tickets for the other 7474's in their fleet.

I'm not sure what to believe, but that plane did not respond the way the CIA animation claimed, it would be impossible for the plane to ascend as far and as straight as they claim with no front end.
edit on 19-6-2013 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

All I have to do is look at the wreckage...

The "Official" story is laughable.

Does anybody know what TWA paid in damages to the families?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
you brought up something I overlooked, with so many things happening at once, disclosure might come but be overwhelmed. The attention span of the media is about 3 to 5 days, get your story out and repeated enough for that long, it's as good as fact.

The hits just keep on coming with today's reveal that the FBI is using drones over the United States... As a news junkie, even I am overwhelmed by all this. I'd kill for a Weekly Reader graph that would showcase and explain every one of these "scandals" / "revelations" in a manner that an eight year old would understand it; it would definitely open the eyes of the mouth breathers..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

TWA and Boeing together settled with the victims families and each family was paid circa $2.5 million total.

TWA in the end paid with the forced merger with American in 2001.
edit on 6/19/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Their initial statements where that they saw a streak rising into the air towards the plane. There was no mention of the launch signature in their initial statements. The pilots especially should have seen the initial launch. I thought for awhile that it was shot down as well, after hearing the initial witness statements of something going up, but the pictures I saw of the wreckage, and the fact that no one saw the initial launch, despite all the witnesses seeing the streak, and the number of airborne aircraft, gradually changed my mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

That's not a launch signature though. That's what everyone else saw, a streak through the air. With all the ships, planes, and witnesses in the area, SOMEONE should have seen at least one of the initial launches if three missiles were fired at the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

TWA and Boeing together settled with the victims families and each family was paid circa $2.5 million total.

TWA in the end paid with the forced merger with American in 2001.
edit on 6/19/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

I forgot that that it ended the Airline.

I have torched many flowers since then.

But wasn't that just a few days before the Olympic Games in Atlanta?

Or am I way off base?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct, the opening ceremonies of the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics was 19 July 1996 and TWA 800 was 17 July 1996.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, they all said they saw what appeared to be a missile in flight. I've read their statements many times. Every one of them said they saw a streak through the air, which was well after it was launched.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I guess the $64 million dollar question is who on the manifest warranted a missile to a commercial
plane, in US territory, and in broad daylight?

I've heard of the errant navy missile story, but I don't even think the navy could even make that monumental error.

So methinks someone really important onboard had to be dealt with in the most decisive of manners.

Has anyone ever checked the flight manifest? They might have scrubbed it too.
edit on 19-6-2013 by CAPT PROTON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

You're absolutely correct, the opening ceremonies of the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics was 19 July 1996 and TWA 800 was 17 July 1996.

I always thought there could of been a link.

I remember the Sea was on fire for many hours.

It was horrible. I was (am) a News junkie as well.

I was glued to the TV. Probably CNN back then.

I appreciate this thread. Very informative.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Conspiracy theorists everywhere should feel a bit vindicated by this.
But even more important, we all should be glad that the truth is finally coming out.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was just reading about TWA 800 and the ensuing investigation a couple days ago... As with any event, there is much debate and many differing opinions. I don't know what happened to that flight, but it's pretty clear to me that the FBI and the Feds tried to cover up whatever it was.

Jim Marrs' take on the tragedy:

"The crash of TWA Flight 800, which killed 230 people when the Boeing 747 crashed off Long Island on July 17, 1996—missing evidence again became the rule rather than the exception. Many witnesses said they saw strange lights in the sky and a fiery trail reaching upward from the ground to the plane just prior to the crash. Within 24 hours, Congressman Michael P. Forbes of New York told CNN that the craft’s flight data recorder, popularly known as the black box, had been recovered. Federal authorities quickly denied this. So, during the first critical days, the black box was missing!

Six days later, federal officials acknowledged obtaining the box. But even then, there were signs that data on the device had been altered, according to Kelly O’Meara, a former congressional chief of staff turned journalist. O’Meara also doggedly sought radar logs for the time of the TWA 800 crash. Officials of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) said the radar data were unavailable—missing! When the missing data finally turned up, they showed a large number of ships concentrated in the area of the crash, a fact totally contrary to initial government pronouncements that only two military vessels were in the area at the time.

Other evidence went missing when FBI agents took pieces of the plane’s wreckage to Washington rather than to the NTSB, which was charged with investigating the crash. The families of French passengers killed in the crash hired a lawyer, who argued their belief that US government officials lied about significant facts of the case and were withholding critical documents. Senior NTSB Investigator Henry F. Hughes testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1999 that federal agents and officials tampered with the wreckage, destroyed and altered evidence, mishandled forensic evidence, and failed to establish a chain of evidence in connection with passenger autopsies.
The transcripts containing his statements are missing!"

Despite the missing testimony, if true, I'd say a senior NTSB investigator is quite reliable. For him to suggest that federal officials altered and tampered with evidence, then all the wreckage is useless as far as figuring out what happened.
edit on 19-6-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, they all said they saw what appeared to be a missile in flight. I've read their statements many times. Every one of them said they saw a streak through the air, which was well after it was launched.

Thats not the case actually. At least one witness (649 I think?) reported seeing flashes of light prior to seeing the streak heading up into the sky from the surface of the sea. He also reported a number of smaller boats in the area and after the explosion what appeared to be a vessel very far out on the horizon near the crash.

EDIT! I stand corrected I am conflating a couple of accounts that I read from different witnesses. Please disregard!
edit on 19-6-2013 by Dragoon01 because: Eorror correction

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CAPT PROTON

I was wondering the same thing and tried a quick search.
Haven't found info on the passengers yet, but I came across an interesting site.
Associated Retired Aviation Professionals- Flight 800 Investigation

CDR. William S. Donaldson, USN (ret.), challenged the official NTSB position on the cause of the crash of TWA Flight 800 in a series of letters to James Hall, Chairman of the NTSB between April 1997 and December 2000. During those four years, CDR. Donaldson worked with other Retired Aviation Professionals, including some previous crash investigators as well as persons inside the NTSB investigation itself. CDR. Donaldson has extensive experience as a Naval crash investigator and he and others concluded that the NTSB's explanation of the Center Wing Tank explosion was not credible. With the help of these other concerned aviation professionals, CDR. Donaldson produced an extensive report on the cause of the crash. The initial Interim Report was delivered to the House Aviation Subcommittee on July 16th, 1998. Since that time a great deal of new information has surfaced.

According to the site

The FBI conducted a covert dredging operation for stinger missile parts between November 1996 and April 1997.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why is all this coming out now? Could this be one of the media diversions the NSA, and the IRS desperately need?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

No offense but you sound as if your kind of grasping at staws. You have got to remember, you may be a professional in these matters but most of these witnesses probably are not.

If I were a witness to this accident...let's assume I'm just a regular ordinary guy who works at Krispy Kreme without any background in war or aviation. If I were just a regular guy and I saw a "streak through the air" then a plane blow up and fall into the ocean that is EXACTLY how I would describe such an event.

Why are you ignoring the radar data?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join