It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 100 years Love will be illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
Sooner if TPTB have their way.

Smile and be kind to everyone you can.

edit on 11-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

Your last line is enough. You can't blame the telly for everything though, it's another medium whereby you need to separate the chaff from the wheat. They used to burn or drown witches didn't they.
edit on 11-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

sorry OP but your probably wrong on this one, if we are still on ATS in 2113 and the global president Rothschild passes a law banning love you can return to this thread with a big "Told ya!"
Sorry to dissapoint you my friend,but I don't know who Rothschild is.

I suppose it is the child of Roth.

besides if your reasoning for why love would be illegal is problems with population then surly it would make much more sense to argue that they are going to start forcing use to become sterile or some other kind of rubbish.
It already can be seen the resemblance and approach that humans are made every day with the animal kingdom which has no reason.

meaning what exactly.....
That I just like them,just like that for no reason.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

the population of the world is actually set to start falling
I know that but I've tried to use finesse in approach.

so you know that the population of the world is set to start falling yet you cite a growing world population as a reason that "they" would want to ban love.

doesn't make any sense .

and i really dont see why we need to know that you like donuts
edit on 11-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

so you know that the population of the world is set to start falling yet you cite a growing world population as a reason that "they" would want to ban love.
I've said that is almost equal at this moment,but in the future either way Love will be illegal.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

so why will love be illegal give us one good reason that is based on solid facts and not either a dream or some paranoid belief

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

This is just a suggestion but I think if you could make time for a road trip or even a vacation out of the country that would help. I would recommend Costa Rica I think it would do you a world of good. I recommend Costa Rica because you will see a whole different societal way of life and they are extremely friendly. Pura Vida = pure life it’s the country motto.
If that post was intended to me,thank you,I will keep it mind for the future.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

so why will love be illegal give us one good reason that is based on solid facts and not either a dream or some paranoid belief
I already have explained that,but I very well understand what you want.

You are an angel as behaviour in comparison of what I have experienced here on ATS in the past.

But you can keep on questioning and criticize me and my post.

That is okay.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I am not criticizing you personally i am criticizing the idea that in 100 years love will be made illegal

there is no reason for love to be made illegal with in the next 100 years that i can imagine so i am asking you why would love be made illegal?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

here is no reason for love to be made illegal with in the next 100 years that i can imagine so i am asking you why would love be made illegal?
Because as other posters have explained earlier the society used to function on other premises than she is now,and the main factors that used to exist are today almost gone or better said they have disolved in nothingness of the absence of feelings which already begin to became a way of life.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by missflowers
There's a difference between forgetting/changing the meaning of 'love' and making it illegal. I mean, I realize terrible things happen but it'd be pretty useless to make chemicals we don't even voluntarily produce illegal.

Are u inferring that Love consists of a bunch of involuntarily induced chemicals?

If one is a naturalist, yes, that's all love is -- involuntary chemical reactions, caused by natural instinct and reactions. It's one of the things that one loses if one insists that humans are nothing more than self-aware primates, though you'll rarely see anyone admit to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
don't know why, first thing that came to mind was the lyrics to this song.

looks like they missed some dates, but pretty much right on.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Have you been watching Equilibrium?
That's just science fiction you know.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

looks like they missed some dates, but pretty much right on.
Yes beautiful song,the date might be at no importance but the fact itself.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Have you been watching Equilibrium? That's just science fiction you know.
No I didn't watch that movie, but if let's say 15 years ago someone will have had taken' you on trip in the future by presenting you a movie of now days you will tell him that is pure science fiction.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think what the OP is referring to is that love seems to have less importance to people then it used to and, in 100 years, there will be no importance at all........to the point where people will twist the actions that come from those feelings as being socially inappropriate to the point of being "illegal". That, and she seems to have a "deeper appreciation" for it than most people. Read her thread starters. They're pretty deep. She may have a harder time articulating her thoughts then some people, but at least they're positive in nature. People should take note of that.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A bit melodramatic don't you think?

Things come and things go, the definitions for love are many and manifold, its all just a process a collision of moments that come and eventually go. Here ponder this, if you lived for a thousands of years. How many and how far will that whole love thing stretch? You can not equate a temporal equivalency without setting its boundaries and defining its aspects, basically its moments in the sun in comparison to any other moments which would mirror you and yours. Birds of a feather really do flock together, now try not to strive to be so different and at least in the numbers game your chances will exponential increase.

In a 100 years, many things will happen, but love will still be around. It's definitions will change and continue to do so, each on a person to person basis. As it was, as it is right this very moment, and as it will always be. I am not the same person I was a few years ago, and I probably wont be the same person I am today in another few years my definitions for love and everything else continue to constantly change and expand, sometimes in opposite drastic ways.

More importantly, in a 100 years we will have a brand new type of cheese which will be all the rage, however we still will not have efficient flying cars, or a efficient governance system. It's sad I know.
But at least our choices in flavor of ice cream will continue to increase and expand....Got to look on the bright side dude.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Here ponder this, if you lived for a thousands of years. How many and how far will that whole love thing stretch? You can not equate a temporal equivalency without setting its boundaries and defining its aspects, basically its moments in the sun in comparison to any other moments which would mirror you and yours.
Yes but taking all the elements that we find today for that word and the behaviour of the human society which can be reflected in each individual,because human society is composed by individuals ,tends to the fact that in 100 years love will be illegal.

In a 100 years, many things will happen, but love will still be around. It's definitions will change and continue to do so, each on a person to person basis. As it was, as it is right this very moment, and as it will always be.
The way that people will feel will be certainly different,and maybe they will not feel it at all.

I am not the same person I was a few years ago, and I probably wont be the same person I am today in another few years my definitions for love and everything else continue to constantly change and expand, sometimes in opposite drastic ways.
That is for sure as in a 100 years you will certainly not be the same person that you are today.

More importantly, in a 100 years we will have a brand new type of cheese which will be all the rage, however we still will not have efficient flying cars, or a efficient governance system.
Probably we will have flavoured cheese because we will have flavoured cows.

and this for sure

And maybe no system of governance....because all of them are corrupt.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

But at least our choices in flavor of ice cream will continue to increase and expand
I do hope your words are true because I have a feeling that we will have a rebellion of the cows,before they will become flavoured.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

She may have a harder time articulating her thoughts then some people, but at least they're positive in nature.
No I am not 'harder' in articulating my thoughts,it's just very hard to present the truth in written language.

Because the Truth breaks very hard to the surface of the ocean.

But when it does.....

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

edit on 12-6-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: T

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join