It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Reports coming in of big fireball with sonic booms over Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I heard and felt this in Dana Point, CA at 2:30ish.
We thought it was Camp Pendleton because training of Marines occurs quite regularly...this was double the shock-wave and noise startled people in boats near me.
This is a real event to my surprise.
Thought it was a methane explosion...
edit on 18-5-2013 by Granite because: sp

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ho Hum

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
I heard and felt this in Dana Point, CA at 2:30ish.
We thought it was Camp Pendleton because training of Marines occurs quite regularly...this was double the shock-wave and noise startled people in boats near me.
This is a real event to my surprise.
Thought it was a methane explosion...
edit on 18-5-2013 by Granite because: sp

You sure? This was after 16:00 (4 pm) in La Paz, according to the OP's quotes. La Paz is 1 hour ahead of you, so it would have been after 3pm on the clock for you. Not saying it might not have been heard that far, but wondering if it's more likely that you heard something more local & maybe anthro in origin. It's not like meteors move like molasses in winter or anything, they cover distance quick.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit: I stand corrected, I doubt you heard it at the same time they did. Mapping out the distance between the areas gives me 1,000 miles between the 2. I really doubt you heard the same thing at the same time. You may have heard it breaking up if it passed over you, but I don't know what the incoming trajectory was or if it even was low enough in the atmosphere yet.
edit on 5/18/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

There is never just one large artilliary shell at CP practice going off...it has multiple rounds over house when they. Have training.

I didn't have my watch with in my kayak so I was estimating...plus there is a two hour time zone difference.
The women in the boat behind screamed from the shock-wave hitting them.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Correct me if I'm wrong, But the other day when that meteorite hit the moon they said it was traveling at 56,000 miles an hour. That meteor could cover 1,000 miles in just over 1 minute . Pretty close to the same time.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It isn't showing up here yet but if it happened may not report right away.

lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Seems like a pretty large shock wave if you felt it 1,000 miles away.

This was near Dana Point you felt this, correct?
Boats in the area must have had similar experiences
Joe

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Argyll

If it struck the ground and it was big enough it would.

ALso a close to the ground airburst explosion would register.

2nd

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Strange. I was talking to my friend who lives in Mexico just an hour or two ago and he didn't say anything about any sort of meteor fall/impact going on down there. Although his internet connection was dropping out a lot and he disappeared offline and hasn't come back. If he shows up again tonight I'll ask if he's heard anything.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
MBIQ Detects Possible Meteorite Fall in La Paz, Mexico 18MAY2013

MBIQ Detects Possible Meteorite Fall in La Paz, Mexico 4:08 pm Local Time 18MAY2013 Anyone who saw this possible meteor event please file a meteor sighting report on this website; thank you. thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.jp... update- I have just been made aware of a news story about this possible meteor event in La Paz, Mexico; thank you to Dr. Marcelo de Oliveira Souza in Brasil! - Possible meteorite fall in La Paz

La Paz, BCS-insistent calls being received in the emergency services indicate that a meteorite fell in the vicinity of the capital city, which caused a loud explosion which rocked blast all homes in the south. ...

Your link is about the only news I can find on this. It must not of been that bad.

Good deal, glad it does not look like anyone was hurt.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

A few years back when Obama was in Seattle, an unauthorized aircraft drew two fighter jets from Portland than zoomed up to Seattle supersonic. They pass right over where I worked at the time and it shook the ground, set off car alarms, rattled windows, etc. If I remember right there were some seismic sensors that registered over 2.5.

There were only a few hundred feet off the ground, though.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
All this debris headed our way lately. I wonder what is coming behind the debris. Wormwood maybe.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOMof3
All this debris headed our way lately. I wonder what is coming behind the debris. Wormwood maybe.

I think we all have to wonder what all the debris is from????? And why all of a sudden so much?? We never had this much before, So something in space isn't right.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Could be like the meteor that hit the moon the other day. Supposedly earth is moving into the denser part of the galactic neighborhood.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

This Film is an Epic!

Been watching since the 'Aurora' Massacre.....

10/10 on IMDB.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by Nyiah

Correct me if I'm wrong, But the other day when that meteorite hit the moon they said it was traveling at 56,000 miles an hour. That meteor could cover 1,000 miles in just over 1 minute . Pretty close to the same time.

Are you taking about this one? It happened 2 months ago and was just released the other day in the news. If there is another I haven't heard of it

Meteorite hits the moon

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by westcoast

Actually, in Mexico it is all over the news, just not hitting the US news.

noticierostelevisa.esmas.com...

www.milenio.com...

www.eluniversal.com.mx...

The official story at this time is that it is not a meteor... they say because there is no fire and no sign of impact.

All 3 sources there are somehow reliable. None of them confirmed a meteorite yet. Actually one of them is denying it. No evidence for now.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by FireballStorm

Interesting.....but I can't see how seismic activity could possibly be related to a meteorite

Three ways:

1. The shock wave is large enough to hit the ground simultaneously over a wide area - just like the wake of a speedboat in a marina.

2. The meteorite actually hit the ground.

3. There's a theory that the metal in the meteorite can actually distort the local magnetic field (every charged particle in motion creates it's own electromagnetic field) - this is in proportion to the mass and velocity of the object. This distortion gets transported underground and acts like a cassette tape amplifier.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here a vid I found
www.metatube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join