It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Reports coming in of big fireball with sonic booms over Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

UNVERIFIED METEOR UPDATE: The meteorite impacted at 4:08 pm(Local time). There are reports of a "giant dust cloud" being seen after @Otaku2012 CONT: The dust cloud was seen in the direction of Chametla and El Centenario, Mexico from the city of La Paz, Mexico.

Taken from the twitter link in the original post.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

Originally posted by heineken
i didnt scroll the image..now i did ...its seems it exploded in mid air..i can see 2 explosions

a video im sure it will be cool..

no dash cams in mexico i think

See my edited info - it turns out the image was of the Chelyabinsk fireball.

ooo..it passed through my mind it could be...

tnks for the update..but i think you should remove it

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Well there's definitely something going on in Mexico...

Anyway, if it turns out to be false, there's nothing stopping members from un-flagging.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

tnks for the update..but i think you should remove it

I was in two minds as to whether I should. Perhaps leave it there with the note I posted, as I'm sure someone will re-post it later on (should this thread grow much bigger)? At least people will know it's a "fake" this way

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

these may be connected than

Bright explosion on moon visible from Earth, NASA says

If I remember correctly the Lunar impact was on March 17th, so it's highly unlikely there is any connection.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well there's definitely something going on in Mexico...

Anyway, if it turns out to be false, there's nothing stopping members from un-flagging.

I'm sure there is, but why so many flags for something that happens many times a day?

Are ATSer's that eager to give flags?

It appears something has happened in Mexico from my 5 minutes of looking since my last post. Pics are popping up of " dust clouds" and objects streaking.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
actual impacts are rare. People recording them are extremely rare. It's exciting stuff!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
I'm sure there is, but why so many flags for something that happens many times a day?

Are ATSer's that eager to give flags?

Perhaps people on here are interested in this subject...

I'd also add that although fireballs like this probably occur every day somewhere on Earth, it's less common for them to occur where there is enough population density to get multiple reports, and perhaps footage/photographs.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This link came off the OPs link in the main post.

www.amsmeteors.org...

Looks like people on the east coast saw it??

edit on 18-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This is a supposed vid of it.

In spanish.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
NK did just test fire some missiles, maybe one got through and they nuked the moon to flex their might

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wish they had filmed to impact....

Des

link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Maybe the moon impact and this are related to the former comet (meteor?) fly-by on the 31st.

I'm sure it has little chunks floating about it that would be effected by gravity wells.

Maybe we'll see more of this, who knows?

link   
There is a video purporting to be footage of this event that has been posted, but I'm very dubious that it is genuine, partly because it looks like no fireball footage that I have ever come across. That said, I'm posting it anyway, but please bear in mind that it may well be fake.

BY Luis Andrés Jaspersen

Four hours alter “Alien TV” it went up this video to Youtube for obvious reasons it was retired then that me the postée in FB noticing that quick they saw it and they lowered it because sure youtube will move away it (to censor) that which was this way literal. Here this video that I wait now i yes they see it and they go down it to their files because it dog be that FB sanctions me or something happens that also bloquée this video here in FB and blocks to me.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

That vid looks really familiar. I think it was linked in the Argentina UFO thread last week.
I can't be sure...But I will take a peek, just to make sure we don't go down the wrong rabbit hole..

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

They are both Meteors.....That's a connection

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

these may be connected than

Bright explosion on moon visible from Earth, NASA says

If I remember correctly the Lunar impact was on March 17th, so it's highly unlikely there is any connection.

the date is somehow irrelevant..more the trajectory..were the meteor is coming from i must say

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That looks like a sun-lit contrail from a jet to me, but the footage is very poor quality so it's hard to be certain. It does however seem too slow to be a natural meteor, and about the right speed for a jet. Thanks for posting it either way

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

It takes msm from several hours to several days to get permission from thier masters to release stories!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join