It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Reports coming in of big fireball with sonic booms over Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
the date irrelevant since from the cosmic point of view , few months are nothing...

what it shows is that if the meteors trajectory was triggered by some event, lets say a collision, there is much larger chance they were shot from the same gun..to have the same direction and to hit in such short period of time

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

A small TnT blast at a mine will register around a 1 to 1.5 mag quake. It certainly could register on a nearby seismo without the world instantly knowing about it.

Except it's not a small TNT blast that's being reported is it?....the OP'er is reporting a fireball that is possibly causing/has caused seismic activity......that would be big news.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Except it's not a small TNT blast that's being reported is it?....the OP'er is reporting a fireball that is possibly causing/has caused seismic activity......that would be big news.

Not if the moon was struck and now there is a possibility of debris?

Thats a scary thought.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
MBIQ Detects Possible Meteorite Fall in La Paz, Mexico 18MAY2013

MBIQ Detects Possible Meteorite Fall in La Paz, Mexico 4:08 pm Local Time 18MAY2013 Anyone who saw this possible meteor event please file a meteor sighting report on this website; thank you. thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.jp... update- I have just been made aware of a news story about this possible meteor event in La Paz, Mexico; thank you to Dr. Marcelo de Oliveira Souza in Brasil! - Possible meteorite fall in La Paz

La Paz, BCS-insistent calls being received in the emergency services indicate that a meteorite fell in the vicinity of the capital city, which caused a loud explosion which rocked blast all homes in the south. ...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by freedom12

That vid looks really familiar. I think it was linked in the Argentina UFO thread last week.
I can't be sure...But I will take a peek, just to make sure we don't go down the wrong rabbit hole..

I said "supposed" as it was taken from FB.

line 2

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
translated with Google Translate)

Posible caída de meteorito en La Paz

La Paz, BCS-insistent calls being received in the emergency services indicate that a meteorite fell in the vicinity of the capital city, which caused a loud explosion which rocked blast all homes in the south.

According to witnesses who were in contact with Pericú Collective writing, there was a light on the horizon between red and white combined with a trail.

He fell into the San Pedro, seconds later esuchó strong explosion that rocked the walls of several homes shortly after four in the afternoon. This intensely felt what those living in the south of the city.

At present public safety elements, both State and municipal head to the area where you raised a great dust cloud to find out what exactly happened.

The explosion was heard up to the center of the capital city.

Pericú Collective via Reporters Without Borders continues to oversee the development of the news.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
amazing I seen a shooting star just as the sun was setting last night it separated into two fireballs.
This was traveling west.
edit on 18-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by heineken
the date irrelevant since from the cosmic point of view , few months are nothing...

what it shows is that if the meteors trajectory was triggered by some event, lets say a collision, there is much larger chance they were shot from the same gun..to have the same direction and to hit in such short period of time

If we knew the trajectories/direction the meteoroids (or asteroid and meteoroid) were traveling, that might be true... but as far as I know, we do not

link   
I feel comfortable saying any seismic event resulting from this likely bovine manure. The Chelyabinsk bolide showed up on seismo monitoring sites in short order, this has been what, an hour+ now? If it had registered, it'd be listed by now. Far more remote places have been listed much more quickly. If I'm wrong, I'll watch any linked mundane Oprah interview in apology, but I feel pretty certain of that conclusion.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
2013KB

2013KB

Two new objects on JPL SBD.
looks like they both come from the moon?

the first link should be 2013KA the second KB
edit on 18-5-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

This is a supposed vid of it.

In spanish.

Lol, these are the famous air plane contrails lit by the setting sun. Similar footage has been posted on ATS several 1000 times

Ko3
edit on 18-5-2013 by kid_of_3NKi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by freedom12

That vid looks really familiar. I think it was linked in the Argentina UFO thread last week.
I can't be sure...But I will take a peek, just to make sure we don't go down the wrong rabbit hole..

I said "supposed" as it was taken from FB.

line 2

OH, I know you did. I wasn't inferring anything other than I watched SO MANY re-entry videos last week, that it looked familiar. That's what makes things so tough these days. IF there is an event. People will post ANYTHING related to their youtube account, and call it FRESH. Just for views..
anyhow...I actually found the video, believe it or not.
It's in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Not if the moon was struck and now there is a possibility of debris?

Thats a scary thought.

The Moon impact, whilst being the largest recorded by NASA was not that big. I wouldn't rule out the possibility of debris from the Moon impact entering our atmosphere, but I don't think anything large enough to worry about would have ejected from the impact. That said, you do have a point about the possibility of debris from the impact entering the atmosphere

Is that what you were suggesting heineken?

I will have to get some sleep very soon. Good night all.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

I also wonder if this impact on the moon and the two new NEOS today might have been some part of a cosmic ping pong game with QE2.

could the queen have knocked something into us? and if so could there be more on the way?
What about the tail of QE2? are we going to enter the tail after it passes us?
Im assuming that QE2 is coming from the inner solar system?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

This is a supposed vid of it.
In spanish.

I'm afraid not...

Meteorite falls before the earthquake in Toluca Mexico April 21, 2013

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Get yourself a copy of 'Moonfall' by Jack McDermott, great book got mine on kobo, same scenario. And of course the government pooh-poohed the actual impact effect.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Ill check into it, sounds like a good read.
Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
According to several articles on colectivopericu.net...

People are panicking, and the government is calling for people to remain calm.

There are no signs of damage or injuries.
But many felt an explosion and saw something fall from the sky.

They still don't know what fell, and are not able locate the impact site as of now.
edit on 5/18/13 by BlueAjah because: appending

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

A small TnT blast at a mine will register around a 1 to 1.5 mag quake. It certainly could register on a nearby seismo without the world instantly knowing about it.

My point was that you didn't seem to think a meteorite could cause a seismo to react unless it was massive...but that is not the case. It could certainly be a large event for the locals, but it wouldn't necessarily be instant world-wide news.

A bombing in Chicago is going to be on FB in one minute....but an event such as this in a remote part of Mexico is going to take awhile before it goes 'global'. I think people are setting themselves up for a nasty fall if they think ANY information is instantly at their fingertips.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Actually, in Mexico it is all over the news, just not hitting the US news.

noticierostelevisa.esmas.com...

www.milenio.com...

www.eluniversal.com.mx...

The official story at this time is that it is not a meteor... they say because there is no fire and no sign of impact.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join