It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy and taunts towards God.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Asking questions is fine, that is not blasphemy. What is blasphemy is making fun of our King, the King of Israel. The word "Blasphemy" translates from the greek "blasphemo" which means "to scoff" or "to ridicule". And yes we can be wrong about some things, but not about who the real God is. Most modern religions today decend from ancient religions who worshipped the things they made with their hands, idols, but idolatry has evolved into humanism and neo-platonism, into worshipping the self over who created us. Jews and christians we have the same God, where we differentiate from is on who the Son of God is, they call him "Ha'Shem" which is "the Name" or "the Ineffable Name" because they do not know his name, but we do.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
reply to post by rookiehwm

Atheists are indistinguishable from the religions they claim to reject, witness their zealotry and evangelism.

Atheism also appears to be a faith based belief. They want their belief to be true so badly, and they feel they must convert as many as possible to their dogma.

When you look at the statements made by people that identify themselves as atheists you'll see that they actually have no problem with religion in general, they just have a serious problem with Christianity, never against any other religion 99% of the time you observe them. This increasing antagonism I'm seeing from the world against Biblical Christianity is why I know that Jehovah, the God of the Bible is real. They give you a never ending list for why they don't believe and hate the Bible with a passion yet like annoying little pests they just can't seem to stay away and keep their mouths shut.
edit on 12-5-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The hate for Christians on this website is tremendous. They say they don't hate us but all you need to do is read some threads started by Christians and you can quickly see for yourself it's true. But we shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said if they hate me they will also hate you.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kijne

there is already a thread on this subject called "Why all the hate against Christianity on ATS"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-5-2013 by slugger9787 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Asking questions is fine, that is not blasphemy. What is blasphemy is making fun of our King, the King of Israel. The word "Blasphemy" translates from the greek "blasphemo" which means "to scoff" or "to ridicule". And yes we can be wrong about some things, but not about who the real God is. Most modern religions today decend from ancient religions who worshipped the things they made with their hands, idols, but idolatry has evolved into humanism and neo-platonism, into worshipping the self over who created us. Jews and christians we have the same God, where we differentiate from is on who the Son of God is, they call him "Ha'Shem" which is "the Name" or "the Ineffable Name" because they do not know his name, but we do.

I don't really care about the translation...I'm quite well versed in a few languages...thanx...

How 'bout this...your answer is blaspheming and taunting my God...by claiming exclusive rights to its favor...you gotta be real careful going all exclusive on your own 'fundaments'...

Å99

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Thundersmurf

I must have mistaken the godless "just people" never failing to pass up an opportunity to point out "Your God Is A Lie!" for "actively rejecting."

Weird, right?

I don't even know what the point in that reply was. You're just being inflammatory? Like I said, I don't actively fight against the will of the almighty christian and his infallible teachings; the thought of god/gods just doesn't enter my head.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

It is either actively rejecting God, or passively accepting.

...twisting, turning, through the never. - Metallica

Well the only reason anyone has to ACTIVELY reject the idea is because it's forced upon us in the first place. Active/Passive, whatever, why can't you understand that some people couldn't care less about god/religion?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Ok, wasn't I allowed to make this thread then? And did I title it: Blasphemy and taunts towards God (Thundersmurf edition)?

I don't need the crap.

To give God a chance is to have an open mind imho. Suddenly things seem to fall into place to acquire belief in what is. There's never been nothing for humanity. In each of us....

I don't know.

That's also the thing, you can't force belief, but it can be stimulated, acknowledged and supported. So when I do find these people, I want this to be that for them, cause we all like that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
...and 2 billion Christians couldn't be wrong?

2 1/2 billion Hindus could easily be wrong.
2 billion Christians could easily be wrong.
1 billion Muslims could easily be wrong.
Half a billion Buddhists could easily be wrong.
The billion others could easily be wrong.
Big numbers of people who believe something doesn't make that something true.

As for the 'BLASPHEMY' discussion .....

People on ATS (and elsewhere) like to throw that word around. 'Blasphemy' they shout at others!! And some want laws put into place to govern people so that those others can't use what the person thinks is 'blasphemy'. SHARIA LAW for example. Some here defend Sharia which puts in prison or tortures or kills those who supposedly commit 'blasphemy'. And then there are some fundamentalist Christians who want Christian rule of law and that would outlaw supposed 'blasphemy'.

Here's the catch ... no one knows what 'blasphemy' really is .. or if it really exists.

And the so called 'Muslim nations' would be killing those who don't believe what the government dictates they believe. And the extreme fundamentalist Christians would be putting people in jail or 'fining' them for supposedly commiting the crime of 'blasphemy'. IT"S ABSURD.

What is 'blasphemy' to a Muslim, is truth to a Christian. What is truth to a Christian is 'blasphemy' to a Muslim. Now toss what the Jews believe into the mix and you have a real mess with RIDICULOUS shouts of 'blasphemy' being thrown around like mud balls. DEADLY mud balls in some cases (like Sharia law).

'Blasphemy!' ... it has to be the most ABSURD thing screamed at people in the religion forum (or anywhere else for that matter)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by akushla99
...and 2 billion Christians couldn't be wrong?

2 1/2 billion Hindus could easily be wrong.
2 billion Christians could easily be wrong.
1 billion Muslims could easily be wrong.
Half a billion Buddhists could easily be wrong.
The billion others could easily be wrong.
Big numbers of people who believe something doesn't make that something true.

As for the 'BLASPHEMY' discussion .....

People on ATS (and elsewhere) like to throw that word around. 'Blasphemy' they shout at others!! And some want laws put into place to govern people so that those others can't use what the person thinks is 'blasphemy'. SHARIA LAW for example. Some here defend Sharia which puts in prison or tortures or kills those who supposedly commit 'blasphemy'. And then there are some fundamentalist Christians who want Christian rule of law and that would outlaw supposed 'blasphemy'.

Here's the catch ... no one knows what 'blasphemy' really is .. or if it really exists.

And the so called 'Muslim nations' would be killing those who don't believe what the government dictates they believe. And the extreme fundamentalist Christians would be putting people in jail or 'fining' them for supposedly commiting the crime of 'blasphemy'. IT"S ABSURD.

What is 'blasphemy' to a Muslim, is truth to a Christian. What is truth to a Christian is 'blasphemy' to a Muslim. Now toss what the Jews believe into the mix and you have a real mess with RIDICULOUS shouts of 'blasphemy' being thrown around like mud balls. DEADLY mud balls in some cases (like Sharia law).

'Blasphemy!' ... it has to be the most ABSURD thing screamed at people in the religion forum (or anywhere else for that matter)

I do not disagree with what you have written here.

Å99

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

so can you come up with
some alternate arguements?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

so can you come up with
some alternate arguements?

'Alternate arguments' to what?

Å99

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Ok, wasn't I allowed to make this thread then? And did I title it: Blasphemy and taunts towards God (Thundersmurf edition)?I don't need the crap.To give God a chance is to have an open mind imho. Suddenly things seem to fall into place to acquire belief in what is. There's never been nothing for humanity. In each of us....I don't know.That's also the thing, you can't force belief, but it can be stimulated, acknowledged and supported. So when I do find these people, I want this to be that for them, cause we all like that.

You have Freewill and so start the needle and thread motion, your contributors sew the colors and imagery into the tapestry to form a cohesive idea "Blasphemy and taunts towards God". I have the idea that God has a very thick skin and whatever is thrown at it it will probably (while yawning intermitantly) open its yawp and swallow it whole. Humanity is Gods expression, so for you to say there is nothing in it for the human is correct. THIS IS GODS DEAL, HIS EXPERIMENT, to find and realise ITSELF through 'US'; its creation. There are no rules; that is the interesting thing. For whatever reason rules we created all of them (probably the result of boordom or lack of needles and fabric to embroider upon, WHAT WE ARE OUT OF CANDLES?) Belief systems forced? NeVeR, ask the EXPERT: the Catholic Church.
edit on 18-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Came out of retirement (you might call it being "banned") just for this thread.

It got quite ridiculous how little sense people were making. People who think God exists somehow do not use logic? Okay, explain how the church got all its money. Either they're some really clever people and they don't believe in God, or they're incredibly lucky idiots, at least that's what I'm hearing from some posters.

Let's get one thing straight:
GOD IS REAL.

It's all a matter of figuring out WHO OR WHAT IS YOUR GOD. Some people worship money. This would be their God. Some people worship each other, so mankind would be their God. There are as many different Gods as there are people. Personally, my "God" is everything that exists. Everything I see IS my God. It wasn't just created by Him, but it actually is His physical manifestation. Prove me wrong. Please, try.

And for the love of Christ, how can a community whose main focus is to question everything including our interpretation of extra-terrestrial beings not allow for one or more of these "plausible" extra-terrestrials to adopt a sort of kinship or father like aspect to what it would undoubtedly see as a fledgling intelligent species? Would you not have some sort of pity for an child who had to grow up without parents? Would you not try to give this child at least some encouragement or knowledge that you think would be vital to them?

I'm not saying Christian fundamentalists are right. And I'm not saying atheists are right either.
The only people who are even close are agnostics, but that's only because they have enough sense to admit what they don't know.

The entire concept of believing something you can't prove or disprove is foolish. I can't prove that Jesus was a real person that was really the son of God who really died for my sins. Which is why Jesus isn't my God. But he does bear a striking resemblance to the personality I envisioned my God would have if he chose to manifest His consciousness as a human being. So I call my God Jesus. I don't call Jesus my God.

Is my God better than yours? To me, yes. I found my God to be perfectly suited just for me. He's perfectly merciful, perfectly forgiving, yet still allows perfect freedom, as I think my God should. But your God might think differently. Your God might be cold and uncaring, like the money in your pocket that you think the whole world revolves around. As long as you recognize we all have Gods and we will all continue to have Gods for all of time, we shouldn't have a problem. And perhaps, just maybe when we're all dead and gone, we'll have a chance to see who was right. Until then, stop acting like you know anything.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

Welcome baaack!!

thx for contributing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Thank you, fellow human.

I felt like this place needed some righteous indignation. XD
I humbly ask your forgiveness for the outburst, as this was your thread. It just seemed to me that the ones who were actually questioning the truth of God were getting shafted by the overzealous anti-God crowd. Nobody needs to be accused of being an irrational monkey simply for thinking or believing in the possibility of God. (the existence of the word* itself should be more than enough proof for the logic of the premise, but try explaining that to some people. Saying "I believe in God" isn't so much like saying "i believe in the toothfairy" as saying "I believe in John." John, who?)

*not "The Word," but the word "god."

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsRelative
reply to post by Angle

Thank you, fellow human.

I felt like this place needed some righteous indignation. XD
I humbly ask your forgiveness for the outburst, as this was your thread. It just seemed to me that the ones who were actually questioning the truth of God were getting shafted by the overzealous anti-God crowd. Nobody needs to be accused of being an irrational monkey simply for thinking or believing in the possibility of God. (the existence of the word* itself should be more than enough proof for the logic of the premise, but try explaining that to some people. Saying "I believe in God" isn't so much like saying "i believe in the toothfairy" as saying "I believe in John." John, who?)

*not "The Word," but the word "god."

There is no sense in trying to convert a non-believer. If they don't listen to God, why would they listen to us

We aren't Jesus, meaning, we aren't the way to their Creator. They may worship anything but God, but God still remains the cause of their existence. That they can't deny, they might just drop dead doing so.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Oh, I don't wish to convert anybody. I just don't like to see innocent questioners verbally assaulted because they have the strength of mind to have formed an opinion on the existence or non-existence of an entity whose sole mission thus far seems to have been to keep that an unanswered question.

Not converting the strong, just trying to protect the weak. (people tend to forget that these questions do matter. there literally are people whose sole reason for not doing something like committing murder or suicide is the possibility of a lasting punishment after death.)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsRelative

as to place a heart under their belt.

That's nice

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I must have mistaken the godless "just people" never failing to pass up an opportunity to point out "Your God Is A Lie!" for "actively rejecting."

Weird, right?

It would end all disagreements if atheists would say to the religious: "Come to your senses!"
And the religious could stop it right there by simply replying, "No."What can atheists do after that?

Invent a new atheist God to replace their fore-true God and say "its easy to do if one puts ones convictions behind the idea". If it was done once it should be able to be duplicated (in a spiritual laboratory environment) good science says test the theory reproduce the outcome to PROVE hypothosis-you either get a result or you dont. No you, NOT SATAN (a god that loves the atheist as well as the theist).
edit on 20-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join