It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy and taunts towards God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We know it when we hear it. We hate it when we know it..

What happens to those is their issue, they might even be amazed by the 'goodwill' of the Father.
He could give the taunting person $1.000 instantly.

Yaaaah!

Love your enemies, do good to those who are evil. But be saved by Christ first..

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
To hear blasphemies at God is a blessing.
It is a joy to know that God is hated, the word of God is true, the world hates Him still.

The world hates His children. God can defend Himself.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Your god is a lie. Yes, I signed up just to say this, as it needs to be known. Your god never existed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rookiehwm

Now is he a lie (which proves his existence), or did he never exist now?

You're kind of contradicting yourself here.

Either way, awesome post rookiehwm

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Atheists are indistinguishable from the religions they claim to reject, witness their zealotry and evangelism.

Atheism also appears to be a faith based belief. They want their belief to be true so badly, and they feel they must convert as many as possible to their dogma.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing

Atheists are indistinguishable from the religions they claim to reject, witness their zealotry and evangelism.

Atheism also appears to be a faith based belief. They want their belief to be true so badly, and they feel they must convert as many as possible to their dogma.

For the most-part we don't even call ourselves Atheists. We're just people. People who aren't actively rejecting god or religion, it just doesn't enter our heads.

I wish you bible guys could grasp that. There's no Religion vs Atheism paradigm here.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

*sigh*

No. It is of no importance to us (agnostics, atheists, non-believers) what you feel or think or believe.

But it is important for us to not let your statements of religion go uncommented, as there are better arguments thanks to free and independent thinking.

Source. Warning: this url is safe, but there are others on that site which will be NSFW!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I must have mistaken the godless "just people" never failing to pass up an opportunity to point out "Your God Is A Lie!" for "actively rejecting."

Weird, right?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

No. It is of no importance to us (agnostics, atheists, non-believers) what you feel or think or believe.

You can tell this is true by the mob of non believers who appear to point out how "God Is Not Real!" at any mention of God, by believers of God.

It is apparently of no importance at all.

edit on 8-5-2013 by TheWrightWing because: damn quote tags

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It is either actively rejecting God, or passively accepting.

...twisting, turning, through the never. - Metallica

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

I must have mistaken the godless "just people" never failing to pass up an opportunity to point out "Your God Is A Lie!" for "actively rejecting."

Those people represent all "non-believers" as much as the Westboro Baptist Church represents all believers.....

You already know this, so why even pretend you don't?

I'm not religious, I take issue with religion trying to explain things that science already has, while ignoring the reality of the situation. That said, faith is important to some people, and I'd gladly fight to help protect your right to have faith.

I've never seen a single "atheist" try to convert anyone.

Anyways, to the OP.

If your god can't handle a few people not liking or beliving in him, what kind of god is that, really?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

You can tell this is true by the mob of non believers who appear to point out how "God Is Not Real!" at any mention of God, by believers of God.

It is apparently of no importance at all.
edit on 8-5-2013 by TheWrightWing because: damn quote tags

Yes, we disagree with you. And there are a lot of people shouting something like the above.

But no-one, not a single one said to YOU, to any poster in person, that she/he should stop believing.
Believe what you want. It is your mind.

We just stay watch to protect the susceptible. We show them that there are alternatives to believing stories from an old book.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

For the most-part we don't even call ourselves Atheists. We're just people. People who aren't actively rejecting god or religion, it just doesn't enter our heads.

I don't call myself an atheist, I do so here because that is the label they wish to apply to me. I do, on the other hand, reject organized religion as being corrupt and a negative force in society. I do reject religion because it flies in the face of provable science. Until religion and science co-mingle peacefully, which they can, I will continue to reject it.

This isn't to say people like me have less respect for those who are religious. I certainly don't. Just those taking it upon themselves to try to convert me, or, better yet "pray for my soul".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Or actively forcing God down someones throat.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

If your god can't handle a few people not liking or beliving in him, what kind of god is that, really?

It is not about not being liked or having one believe it is about caring for all his creations and not wanting them to miss out on the only way out of here and being held down by a pissed of entity that wants all flesh destroyed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

If he gives me 1.000 dollars, I'll go buy a pack of gum.

The proof that god does not exist is the required level of intellect needed to believe in him... time and time again I see this.

Just like a child believes in the tooth faery. Once they develop cognitive abilities, the childish things just don't make sense.

Ahh well.. at least I'll be with good company in hell. And have decent conversation rather than cryptic nonsense statements and troubled logic.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

You seem very conflicted. You posted a bit of metal here and there.

They're not actually singing about god you know, hatebreed, metallica.

Does the devils music stir your emotions so much that you must adopt them? The call of ktulu is strong... perhaps it really is the thing that should not be.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Blasphemy and taunts towards God

The words of men can neither increase Gods glory, nor decrease it.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Ofcourse, money is for buying things, rather expensive gum, but hey..

you talk about company.. the word goes around that in the Fire, the skin renews every time it has been burned away completely. I don't know if you understand this.. so, you stay concious in there as well Winofiend.

Not that I ever feared going to hell. It's nothing people like me need to fear.

You shouldn't fear it either WOF. Enjoy your life instead.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Weird, right?

It would end all disagreements if atheists would say to the religious: "Come to your senses!"
And the religious could stop it right there by simply replying, "No."

What can atheists do after that?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join