It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the hate against Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker
Christians are hypocritical liars. Say one thing and do another. Impinge upon the natural rights of others when no one is harming you. Fifty percent divorce rate among those that took vowels in religion and you trash you own religion. Your not worthy of your own religion or rights.

They may be hypocritical, they just dont know it because their belief system allows for the stomping and disrespect and disallowance of others that do not have the same alkylate.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I used to be a Catholic, so Christians already hated me for that Now I am a Pagan, so I can be hated by Catholics and Christians, and then the Christians can hate the Catholics that hate the Christians My six brothers and sisters hate me because I am a Pagan. We all went to the same Catholic school. When I was in Catholic school, I know the Nuns hated me, because they kicked the crap out of us all, religiously! I was taught to hate, on a daily basis, right up until I became an altar boy just so they would shut up, and stop kicking the crap out of me, and you know what, they did. That was all it took, fake it 'til you make it, and that was that. I did speak to a really good guy, who was a Priest in our Parish. He told me to not worry about the violence so much, when you get a little bigger, they'll start being afraid to 'crack' down on you, as in putting your hands on a desk and wailing on them with a yard stick! or he told me I could do what my big brother did, when he was an altar boy, if someone raises a hand to you, hit them first. My brother put the principal in an ambulance. How 'divine' is that? I always had a hard time finding that part in the Bible, you know, where Jesus says to kick the snot out of kids, because it's SO GOOD for them. But I don't think Jesus would ever say that. I mean, look what his dad put him through!
Sigh, but you all do honor your fathers word, if you can't convert it, kill it! I know you all sweat that Hell thing, but be. Brave little Christian Death Dealers, the Divine doesn't work that way, one day, you'll figure that out.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Really, you don't think people learn to hate because they are getting the snot (literally) beaten out of them when they're like 6 years old? I'm sure that an educated Catholic Priest or Mother Superior will tell you that locking a 6 year old child, in the basement of a convent during the middle of Winter, in New England, and not letting them out until 9 PM so they can walk home thru the skeletal trees and spooky moon light ( now that I'm a Pagan, I find that description quite beautiful!) you get a good appreciation for how much the 'Catholic' God hates, oh I'm sorry, I didn't get that backward, yes 'hates' you. Yeah, I'm 'stupid' because Catholic Nuns kicked the crap out of me and my friends and my siblings and my cousins, on an almost daily basis for 8 yrs. Fact. It happened. I don't want anything from the Catholics & Christians, I just want payback. And I will have it. I want them to PAY!, no Just kidding, that's the residual Catholic in me talking. I'm good with my faith, life is hard enough. I wish all people, who have faith, and know the quality of Mercy, long pleasant and productive lives, and that at least in the Summer Lands, we might raise a hand in peace to each other, and guide those souls left behind to a place of more perfect harmony. It's the least I can hope for in the afterlife. And it is what I would wish for all that pass beyond the Veil. If catholic God thinks he finally beat some sense into me, then as above, so below. Merry We Meet, and Merry We Part. Yep, I guess I am stupid, but it's cool, I am VERY happy these days!

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For those of you who were
abused, beaten, flogged,
quartered, and otherwise
physically mistreated by
staff in the catholic church
go get some therapy and
counseling like from a
psychiatrist or psychologist
or a counselor.

Go get some help for
yourself so you can
stop being the victim.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
For those of you who were
abused, beaten, flogged,
quartered, and otherwise
physically mistreated by
ancient Romans and Jews
go get some therapy and
counseling like from a
psychiatrist or psychologist
or a counselor.

Go get some help for
yourself so you can
stop being the victim.

Fixed for you...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Dastardly double post!
edit on 19-4-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Dastardly double post!
edit on 19-4-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

that bears repeating prezbo369.
early onset?
or intense internal emotional
gastric disturbances?
(got your bowels in an uproar)
LOL

I repeat
LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
that bears repeating prezbo369.
early onset?
or intense internal emotional
gastric disturbances?
(got your bowels in an uproar)
LOL

I repeat
LOL

You're making even less sense now

Why don't you tell us more about how your faith has completely failed to instill you with any empathy whatsoever and how your compliance to your church's dogma has left you without any moral compass?

Or maybe your speaking as a perpetrator rather than an observer?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Apologies for joining the thread quite late...

The reason I dislike (not hate) Christianity is when I hear people saying things like:-

Jesus spoke to me today...
Mary wants you to know this...
God stopped me from spilling my milk...

Or those threads that pop up here from time to time supposedly with an e-mail from god himself/herself...

I mean, seriously? For real? oh dear... *facepalm*

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
...Today, I see very little teaching from Christians in that realm. Today, the Church teaches people to hate, fight, fear, exclude and force others. It seems like they're trying to "take over" and have the country run according to scriptures, which would deny all other religions, not to mention the non-religious. ...

Honestly - if you could step-outside and watch something like this take place...it would be SOOO comical. They can't even agree from one church (of the same stamp) to the next (two blocks away) on what "the scriptures" mean... You think Republican -vs- Democrat is bad... There would be wars and rumors of wars...everywhere.
...imo...of course.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness123

They hate Christianity because its laws and morality are a condemnation for many. It puts an additional weight of guilt on their conscience. As in the past, sinful people who killed Jesus are back at it, just now they can't kill Jesus but they are trying to kill the Christian ideology. It bothers them. They like to be free to sin and do whatever they like. So the anger and despair they feel toward God who has abandoned them is spilling out on his Church and his teachings.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthius

Wrong.
The people who are living in fear of an abandoning God are the bible-thumping Protestants, who actually instill that fear and self-loathing and authoritarian control over their CHILDREN, and rule by total oppression and fear of "hell."

Actually, I believe God has abandoned THOSE people - because they come nowhere NEAR what Jesus was talking about... they are completely misrepresenting AND misinterpreting the message, and have become monstrous controlling, authoritarian, punitive fear-mongers.

Belief in your Punitive, Jealous, Angry so-called "God" has been linked to Mental Illness - and it's no wonder.
It's also quite obvious.

edit on 19-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Wow, you're the third "brand new member" in two days that has been spewing this bible-thumping vitriol! WTH?
Are you all on the same team, and being paid to incite discord??? Or are you all one person who's gone off their meds and rockers at the same time? Cheese slid off your cracker?

Where are you people COMING FROM?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Wrong.
The people who are living in fear of an abandoning God are the bible-thumping Protestants, who actually instill that fear and self-loathing and authoritarian control over their CHILDREN, and rule by total oppression and fear of "hell."
...Actually, God, I believe has abandoned THOSE people - because they come nowhere NEAR what Jesus was talking about... they are completely misrepresenting AND misinterpreting the message, and have become monstrous controlling, authoritarian, punitive fear-mongers.
...Belief in your Punitive, Jealous, Angry so-called "God" has been linked to Mental Illness - and it's no wonder.
It's also quite obvious.
...Wow, you're the third "brand new member" in two days that has been spewing this bible-thumping vitriol! WTH?
Are you all on the same team, and being paid to incite discord??? Or are you all one person who's gone off their meds and rockers at the same time? Cheese slid off your cracker?
...Where are you people COMING FROM?

Interesting how "they" can answer questions directed at others...
Like asking a schizophrenic what they don't like about their "other personality"...and the "other personality" takes control of the conversation.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yeah, it's very interesting. And very disturbing, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthius

They hate Christianity because its laws and morality are a condemnation for many. It puts an additional weight of guilt on their conscience. As in the past, sinful people who killed Jesus are back at it, just now they can't kill Jesus but they are trying to kill the Christian ideology. It bothers them. They like to be free to sin and do whatever they like. So the anger and despair they feel toward God who has abandoned them is spilling out on his Church and his teachings.

It has been a long time since Christianity (if ever) radicalized; abortion fanatics?? When was the last time the Christians mounted a WAR against another completely different religion other than variations of itself or of Atheistic Communists? NEVER, they always protected what they percieved their sacred ground (free will, money, land, beliefs). They did some trickiness regarding the Native American and displacing and obliterating its cultures but what are you going to do. It amounted to a bunch of infantry men with rifles on horseback overrunning and obliterating savages. Cant call that a religious calvacade, because we were separate church and state. Some fun loving missionaries got caught in the middle Christianifying these heathens. Fairly sure the 7th and 3rd Armies told them "GET OUT OF WAY" of these settlements. The English and French traders could not have been happy about the land grabs (they didnt think of it first or had no funding--lost in the miasma), what? this French territory is now American, we are displaced or must format to. That is the story of all of us regardless religious rhetoric, all displaced or looking for something better. Headline news, Christians are lobbing bombs at the kangaroo rat in the four corners (do they not know its an endangered species). No, that would be developers of a different faith. The Rat has no retalitory bombs and is helpless; calls in its cousins to spred Hanta Virus.
edit on 19-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Let me ask a question to ATS members in general.

In the book of Daniel (not in the Christian Bible but rather in the Tanakh or Jewish scriptures) we have a prophecy about a number of years being determined for the city Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:24-26

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined."

The "weeks" have always been understood to refer to sets of seven years.

The order which went forth to restore Jerusalem was in the mid-400s BC. There's no point in being exact right now.

It is taught that after 483 years, the Messiah would appear in Jerusalem and would appear as the Messiah.

Jerusalem was destroyed in AD 70 and subsequently began the Diaspora.

Clearly anyway you look at it, from the mid-400s BC, or even earlier, closer to the 500s BC, those 483 years would pass before AD 70.

Then the question is this: If the Jewish scriptures are correct in prophesying that the Messiah would return before AD 70, then who could the Messiah possibly be? How many choices from the early first century do we really have?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

when you are right no one
can stand against you, can they?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Witness123: "Then the question is this: If the Jewish scriptures are correct in prophesying that the Messiah would return before AD 70, then who could the Messiah possibly be? How many choices from the early first century do we really have?"

Quite a few, actually:
Simon of Peraea (c. Unknown – 4 BCE), a former slave of Herod the Great who rebelled and was killed by the Romans.
Athronges (c. 3 CE), a shepherd turned rebel leader.
Menahem ben Judah (?), allegedly son of Judas of Galilee, partook in a revolt against Agrippa II before being slain by a rival Zealot leader.
Vespasian, c. 70, according to Josephus
Simon bar Kokhba (died c. 135), founded a short-lived Jewish state before being defeated in the Second Jewish-Roman War.
Moses of Crete (?), who in about 440–470 convinced the Jews of Crete to attempt to walk into the sea to return to Israel; he disappeared after that disaster.
Ishak ben Ya'kub Obadiah Abu 'Isa al-Isfahani (684–705), who led a revolt in Persia against the Umayyad Caliph 'Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan.
Yudghan (?), a disciple of Abu 'Isa who continued the faith after Isa was slain.
Serene (?), who around 720 claimed to be the Messiah and advocated expulsion of Muslims and relaxing various rabbinic laws before being arrested; he then recanted.
David Alroy (?), born in Kurdistan, who around 1160 agitated against the caliph before being assassinated.
Nissim ben Abraham (?), active around 1295.
Moses Botarel of Cisneros (?), active around 1413; claimed to be a sorcerer able to combine the names of God.
Asher Lämmlein (?), a German near Venice who proclaimed himself a forerunner of the Messiah in 1502.
David Reubeni (1490–1541?) and Solomon Molcho (1500–1532), adventurers who travelled in Portugal, Italy and Turkey; Molcho was eventually burned at the stake by the Pope.
A mostly unknown Czech Jew from around the 1650s.[9]
Sabbatai Zevi (1626–1676), an Ottoman Jew who claimed to be the Messiah, but then converted to Islam; still has followers today in the Donmeh.
Barukhia Russo (Osman Baba), successor of Sabbatai Zevi.
Jacob Querido (?–1690), claimed to be the new incarnation of Sabbatai; later converted to Islam and led the Donmeh.
Miguel Cardoso (1630–1706), another successor of Sabbatai who claimed to be the "Messiah ben Ephraim."
Mordecai Mokia (1650–1729), "the Rebuker," another person who proclaimed himself Messiah after Sabbatai's death.
Löbele Prossnitz (?–1750), attained some following amongst former followers of Sabbatai, calling himself the "Messiah ben Joseph."
Jacob Joseph Frank (1726–1791), who claimed to be the reincarnation of King David and preached a synthesis of Christianity and Judaism.
Menachem Mendel Schneerson (1902–1994), the seventh Chabad Rabbi who tried to "prepare the way" for the Messiah. An unidentifiable number of his followers believe him to be the Messiah, though he himself never said this and actually scoffed at such claims which were made during his lifetime...

(en.wikipedia.org...)
edit on 16-5-2013 by spacegod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

Actually....the time period Witness123 is pointing at was STUFFED with messiahs.
So it's the luck of the draw or a miracle that Jesus is the one still remembered.

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-5-2013 by spacegod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join