It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some more 'intriguing' MSL images and 2 Opportunity pics that got me thinking!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
OK, so now that it's out (ancient Mars was habitable!) we can continue with the really interesting questions!

- was there ever microbial life?
- was there animal life?
- perhaps even intelligent life?

I do have a theory in this regard, as you can imagine! So while NASA/JPL will follow up on all those questions at the speed of science (which is of course OK, legitimate and necessary), it's time for us to once again focus on the things we're best at: speculation and wild guessing*!!

* no offense intended, I know some of you are quite academic & arguing with facts only!

So let's talk about the "visual data", that's already there: the fossils & petroglyphs, the ruins & ships (yes, ships!!) ... or at least the rocks that we interpret to be all those things! With the NASA/JPL announcement (that ancient Mars was habitable), all these far-off interpretations were taken to a whole new level of potential possibility. So for me, there's now even more reason to not stop looking at those fantastic MSL images!

As usual, I sorted out a few things that I find intriguing and perhaps we can get into a discussion regarding one or more of those 'features'.

Pareidolia or not, enjoy!

PLEASE NOTE: Some images have been contrast-enhanced/sharpened. The original NASA/JPL images, however, are also linked below for direct comparisons.
---------------------------------------------------------

1. The "Heat Sink"

Click here for the original NASA/JPL image.

2. The "Triangular Plate"

3. The "Sculpture" (may have been posted before)

4. The "Arch"

5. The "Hexagon"

And finally, two images acquired by Opportunity on Sol 3247. I'm not sure whether we're looking at the typical blueberry-style features that had already been discovered long ago or whether this is a bit different. I'm just wondering because of the slight variation of patterns as compared to the rest of the surrounding blueberries. But as said: I'm not a geologist/biologist, perhaps there are some more knowledgable people among us to provide a first interpretation of what we're seeing ...

6. New blueberries, found by Opportunity on Sol 3247

Click here for the original NASA/JPL image (Image 01).
Click here for the original NASA/JPL image (Image 02).

-------------

And just in case you're interested in some more discussions on rocks and potential artifacts, here go the links to my previous posts:

- Curiosity "Thought-Experiment" & Image Compilation
- Potential 'Artifacts' discussed in a Video
- Discussion of the Rocknest Panorama
- Strange Shipwreck-Like Feature
- Strange Rocks Post 1
- Strange Rocks Post 2
- Strange Rocks Post 3

(Note: when clicking on 'posts', please wait until page has fully loaded and scrolled to post)

edit on 14-3-2013 by jeep3r because: modified title

edit on 14-3-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Just a slight correction on the NASA announcement... they say Mars have had the necessary elements in its surroundings to sustain life, they didn't say it was habitable.
Cool pix, all I can say we need boots on the ground of Mars ASAP

edit on 14-3-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Out of all these...only the first pic kinda could be something...the rest are wishful thinking.

I would say that primitive/microbial life could be wide spread, and therefore think.,..that even today...there are primitive organisms on Mars.

As for intelligent life...could be a little less wide spread

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Anyone remember ATS member "Mike Singh"from years back-He made threads about ancient ruins on Mars.
I remember some of his images were amazing.
One showed approx 7 black domes,which protruded from the surface of Mars-and the objects were exactly the same distance apart-suggesting something other than natural rock forms.
Another showed a rectangular wall like structure-perfectly rectangular.

I wish he was still active here so I could ask him where he found those images.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Man I gotta lay it down to you for the aweson 3D graphics accompanying the natural rocks formations...*clears throat and adjust tin foil hat*...ancient mars ruins...yeah I just stated the obvious..

Now, I'm just hoping you didn't Photoshop all that in...

Thanks for clearly putting things into perspective...well done..SnF

All I can say is that I saw it coming...

Peace my man..

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

That's exactly what I thought when seeing these. The first pic is interesting and you can see the pattern repeating even after the ridges seem to fill in but the others are a real stretch.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
Out of all these...only the first pic kinda could be something...the rest are wishful thinking.

I would say that primitive/microbial life could be wide spread, and therefore think.,..that even today...there are primitive organisms on Mars.

As for intelligent life...could be a little less wide spread

Come on, wishful thinking???...you gotta at least give some thought about this one...

Three 90 degree angles accompanied by a 90 degree arc all on the same oddly shaped specimen...

The closest we can compare this to anything natural, in terms of structural pattern is with crystals..

Arrays, crystals, tilings - [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterns_in_nature]Patterns In Nature

Tessellations are patterns formed by repeating tiles all over a flat surface....
...The structures of minerals provide good examples of regularly repeating three-dimensional arrays. Despite the hundreds of thousands of known minerals, there are rather few possible types of arrangement of atoms in a crystal, defined by crystal structure, crystal system, and point group; for example, there are exactly 14 Bravais lattices for the 7 lattice systems in three-dimensional space.[64]

What are the chances of this being a natural rock formation other than of intelligent design???

edit on 14-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: spelling and grammar

edit on 14-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Just a slight correction on the NASA announcement... they say Mars have had the necessary elements in its surroundings to sustain life, they didn't say it was habitable.
Cool pix, all I can say we need boots on the ground of Mars ASAP

Yep, thanks for the correction!

And I agree: we definitely need to take a look for ourselves, in person & in-situ! So let the current generation have its own 'Apollo-Project', but this time with destination Mars. There's got to be a way to deal with the required science and funding, so that we can still be around to see it!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
is there any ARKEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP i dont know about?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

Man I gotta lay it down to you for the aweson 3D graphics accompanying the natural rocks formations...*clears throat and adjust tin foil hat*...ancient mars ruins...yeah I just stated the obvious..

Thanks a lot! They are just abstractions of what "I" see there, in a quick & dirty style, of course. But I thought it might be good to help our imagination discern the 'probable' shape and the surroundings!

... and most of the time, I'm trying hard not to interpret too much into these features! Perhaps I'll need to get better at that, though!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Well, I think we do share the same passion (to some extent) for MSL & Curiosity, if that is what you meant?

P.S.: Whereas I think that I have a slightly different agenda, but that's something we could also discuss via PM!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

forgive my sarcasm in my previous post..i have been lloking at some "JESUS everywhere" photos and my modd is sky rocketed...

i want to be honest with you..what puts me off is that all the shapes presented shows typical rock composition

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

No problem, heineken!

And the presented shapes are of course debatable, no doubt ... but as far as I'm concerned: if they actually 'were' just those typical rock formations we know, they (in my view) wouldn't have 'popped' out and wouldn't be worth discussing in a thread.

But as said: I may be wrong. What I try to do is 'collect' many of those strange features (in this small place) and - among those - indicate some of the common properties like right angles, circular impressions and other stuff that's rarely found in nature in 'that' particualr constellation and proximity. So, I'm actually trying to make a strong case here, but I know that I will never ever ever convince everyone (but I'll keep trying)!

edit on 14-3-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The "Heat sink" and the "Exagon" are very anomalous...

Good catch!

S&F.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

YES, and it's OFFICIAL!

We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

Online volunteers could be set task of spotting alien technology, evidence of mining and rubbish heaps in moon images

Though the chances of finding the handiwork of long-gone aliens are exceptionally remote, scientists argue that a computerised search of lunar images, or a crowd-sourced analysis by amateur enthusiasts, would be cheap enough to justify given the importance of a potential discovery.

Prof Paul Davies and Robert Wagner at Arizona State University argue that images of the moon and other information collected by scientists for their research should be scoured for signs of alien intervention. The proposal aims to complement other hunts for alien life, such as the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Seti), which draws on data from radiotelescopes to scour the heavens for messages beamed into space by alien civilisations.

"Online volunteers could be set task of spotting alien technology, evidence of mining and rubbish heaps in moon images"

www.guardian.co.uk...

And Why not Mars?
I'm On it and I taken it Very Seriously.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thanks for stopping by, Arken!

I've had an eye on the "Hexagon" for quite some time now. I'm actually glad I finally got to post it together with the other potential 'artifacts'. Also, I'm of course relieved to know that I'm not the only one 'seeing' something there!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Good jeep3r!
Me too, I've had an eye on an Anomaly for quite some time, and frankly I really don't know if post it or not on ATS.... because is really amazing.... and right under the nose of the Rover.

But sometime the "things" are, like Diana Ross say.. Upside Down...

edit on 14-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hmmmm ... makes me curious, I'm sure we'll find out pretty soon what exactly you have found?!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeep3r
reply to post by Arken

Hmmmm ... makes me curious, I'm sure we'll find out pretty soon what exactly you have found?!

ATS Skunk Works forum, for sure. stay tuned...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Reply to post by InnerPeace2012

What a great reply. Lol. Skeptical, but humorous
Nice! I actually thought it would be another thread that got alot of angry responses, but as it turns out this has been a good one. Thanks OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join