It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not to be dramatic, but this thread could save your life. (Response to 'superbug.')

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I do see your point and I agree but Im curious, working in the medical industry like you imply do you think if when a blood culture is done on someone who has sepsis and they applyed essential oil to the culture and it worked, do you think the pharmaceutical companys would allow it to be knowen??

Having had sepsis I would have tried anything for those three days it took to get the culture test back rather then lay there with 103 + temp being told by nurses that they were worried because I was not getting better with the tons of antibiotics that they were giving me. Point being, all thats being said here does not imply that Essential oils are harmfull applyed properly but they have helped some people it would seem.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You guys can have all of your peer reviewed journals and traditional medicine.

I will stick with my hocum pokum folklore and natural remedies and continue to live nearly illness free as I have for years now.

While you're waiting for the establishment to put out a review, I'll be listening to my what my body tells me works.

And oh by the way, just because peer reviewed articles don't exist, doesn't mean something doesn't work. There is a constant cat and mouse game between the FDA and natural supplementation companies.

Natural companies don't want to be thrown in a basket with drug companies. It's much more expensive to operate in that arena. The FDA would love to regulate EVERYTHING. If it were up to them, you would need a prescription for an apple and it would cost $30. Only it would be an extract instead of raw fruit.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What do you think about olive leaf extract? I've been using it as an anti viral and I'm getting great results, i have viral chronic fatigue and its basically gone from olive leaf use.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

So, Have you tested this "Claim" yourself?
No??? I'm shocked! But not surprised.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Lets just stick to eating hungry man dinners and paying the clinics 100$ for a bottle of synthetic pills that costs 88 cents to produce whenever we get sick. I mean geez, informing yourself on how to take healthcare into your own hands? What kind of sick thinking is this...
edit on 8-3-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Having had sepsis I would have tried anything for those three days it took to get the culture test back rather then lay there with 103 + temp being told by nurses that they were worried because I was not getting better with the tons of antibiotics that they were giving me.

Two years ago I too, had the experience of just barely surviving sepsis, following a pre-op procedure. Shortly after leaving recovery, I began exhibiting signs of shock. The nursing staff ignored the signs for over 2-hours. Never bothered to take my vitals, etc. until my SO complained that I was still shaking and becoming incoherent. DUH!
It finally occurred to someone to take my BP....I was then en route to CCU, STAT. It was also only then that my doctor was ever notified of my deterioration.

The first 48-hours were very grim. I was wired from head-to-toe with a 104 temp and my SO was told it was doubtful that I would survive. I can still picture seeing my doctor's face when he came to see me. Looked like he'd just seen a ghost! Yeah, he had every reason to be very worried. Part of the problem being his poor judgment in sending me to OR for the pre-op, knowing that I had an active infection!

Long story short, I spent over 4-days in CCU. It probably took me another 6-months after returning home, to feel well again.

In summary, "Thank God, I'm still alive to talk about it."

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm a naturalist witch. I use more homeopathic remedies to common illnesses and sickness than I do the doctor. I teach my kids the hospital is an absolute last result when home methods seems to not be working.

Otherwise, it's broken bones or common child hood cuts that need to be stitched that send us to the hospital. The only children whom have ever received antibiotics (knock on wood) are my girls when they were young and I foolishly believed the doc when he said that they HAD to have antibiotics to treat it. By the time my boys were born, they don't even treat ear infection with antibiotics anymore. I don't even take my kids to the docs anymore for any sort of sickness brought on by bugs. I use natural homeopathic remedies 100% of the time first, and use the health care system as a last choice.

For example. The simple homeopathic remedy for an ear infection - is to take a chamomile tea packet wet it with hot water, ring it out a bit or let the access run off before applying it to the ear. You don't want it just gushing water into the ear. You want a drip, so that the ear as time to absorb. Anyways place it on the ear for fifteen minutes before bed and when waking up. Every time, and I do mean, every time... it's cleared up in three treatments or less. Chamomile has antiseptic properties that work effectively well with infections of the ear. It also helps stomach and intestinal infections also. Which is why the tea is so valuable. I will also rub a diluted form of the essential oil to the ear when I've the extra money to keep it stocked. But Chamomile is one of those oils that go fast. So I keep the tea on stock too.

Now why should the doctors tell you something, grandma should have taught you - when they can fleece you and your insurance company out of the money? Or is it that you don't think the fda adds the chemical compound of chamomile to pharmaceuticals? How do you think these medicines were made? By imitating natural compounds found in nature. If you go ingesting something that was meant to be absorbed topically - well you might make yourself even more sick. If you need a doctor to do the math or understand, then I don't recommend homeopathic remedies. Stick with your MD.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gullibleskeptic

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gullibleskeptic because: grammer

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gullibleskeptic because: grammer

You and I obviously have very different world/reality views.
Especially when you say things like this " Look, if these things did work, we would DEFINITELY be doing an extreme amount of research or using them by now." That is simply not true. There are tons of natural remedies out there that are extremely effective that get little to no attention whatsoever. If you trust big pharma to have your best interests in mind, be my guest.

You're also assuming I 'hate' medicine. I don't. (I don't hate anything.) Western/modern Medicine has done marvels. Dental health has been one of the biggest contributions to our society. Trauma/emergency care is wonderful. Unfortunately, because of the medicines and insurance and treatments and blah blah blah, many of those resources are extremely overpriced and can also end up damaging the body in other ways. I believe we can use our science and technology to combine the natural with the modern (keeping it in an actual 'natural' form. Yes, I am aware the many, if not most, of our medicines are very loosely based on the natural properties found within plants. This does not mean, however, that the finished product is natural or even as effect as the natural source itself.)

My father currently has a extremely rare form of cancer and has been going through chemotherapy. Now, I mostly am completely against chemotherapy, but I have done the research, and in his case, chemo was the best way to go. (Even natural practitioners recommended it.) We're also combining his treatments with an array of all natural supplements and have seen a huge difference between him using and not using the supplements.

What have I taken for granted?

As for "which would I use"? Well, aside from my father (which wasn't in my control anyway), I luckily haven't been put into that situation yet. My best friends father, however, has been in and out of the hospital for a while over the past few years with heart problems. During one of his hospital stays about 4 years ago he contracted an internal MRSA infection inside of his chest. They tried all the antibiotics they had on him but nothing worked. They literally sent him home to be comfortable and die. Instead, he put together a collection of essential oils (over 60 oils...he already had most of them as he is very into essential oils and natural alternatives.) One week later...no MRSA. He's still alive and kickin' to this day. The same oil concoction saved his brothers life when he had pneumonia. He's made me a bottle for myself as well. Anytime I start getting sick or have a soar throat or anything, I put that on and within the day I am feeling better. My fiance had a staph infection a few months ago. Instead of taking antibiotics, we put on the oil and goldenseal extract. Within 12 hours we saw a HUGE reduction in the swelling. A few days later the infection was completely gone.

And sorry, but this quote, is absolutely ridiculous -

You people have taken such things for granted and these ridiculous ideas that are generated by some of the natural healers have killed more then they have helped.

THIS website is chock full of knowledge in alternative cancer treatments.
From this site:

Safe and gentle cancer treatments, with 90% cure rates, have existed for decades, but medical doctors rarely use the safe and effective treatments and instead are quite content to use cancer treatments which have less than a 3%, 5-year cure rate (Journal of Oncology, 2004, volume 16, pp. 449-560)!!
Let me say this in another way: in five years after diagnosis, 97% of the cancer patients treated with standard cancer treatments are dead. So who uses the safe, gentle and effective treatments?
The late Dr. William D. Kelley, who died in 2005, treated more than 33,000 cancer patients. Dr. Kelley was able to cure more than 90% of the cancer patients who were initially treated by him. Compare Dr. Kelley's 90% cure rate to the current overall 5-year cure rate of less than 3%!! Why has the medical community almost universally refused to integrate Dr. Kelley's methods into their treatments? The reason is that the highly effective treatments used by Dr. Kelley are not as profitable, by a wide margin, as their current treatments. The American Medical Association (AMA) was so upset with Dr. Kelley that they had him thrown in jail and he was forced to move to Mexico to treat cancer patients.

edit on 8-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaytmoon

So, Have you tested this "Claim" yourself?
No??? I'm shocked! But not surprised.

Unfortunately I have not contracted the superbug myself.
Working on it though.
I'll let everyone know how it goes.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

I have heard/read wonderful things about it but haven't used it myself yet.
Glad to know that you've had such great results though!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquitesure
You guys can have all of your peer reviewed journals and traditional medicine.

I will stick with my hocum pokum folklore and natural remedies and continue to live nearly illness free as I have for years now.

While you're waiting for the establishment to put out a review, I'll be listening to my what my body tells me works.

And oh by the way, just because peer reviewed articles don't exist, doesn't mean something doesn't work. There is a constant cat and mouse game between the FDA and natural supplementation companies.

Natural companies don't want to be thrown in a basket with drug companies. It's much more expensive to operate in that arena. The FDA would love to regulate EVERYTHING. If it were up to them, you would need a prescription for an apple and it would cost $30. Only it would be an extract instead of raw fruit.

Exactly.
I haven't used western medicines in years. I rarely get sick, and if I do I knock it out in under 48 hours with all natural ingredients.

I am amazed at how many people, (even on a conspiracy website!) who still trust the FDA and other agencies to truly have our best interests and health in mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
I've no experience or even knowledge of Essential Oils. So if they are so effective, then why not just mix them all-together and use them? It would seem to cover all bases that way.

Hey Benchkey, thanks for your response.

As for mixing them all together...yes and no.
As far as my knowledge goes, there aren't any essential oils that absolutely cannot be used with another. With that said, there are a few combinations that work more synergistically than others.
My best friends father mixed together over 60 oils to cure himself of an internal staph infection (see above for a more complete version of the story.) Worked for him!

But, also, when it comes to essential oils, 'more' is not always 'better.'
Sometimes your receptors can become overwhelmed with too much of one oil and it can end up having the opposite effect, whereas if you had used less oil you would have gotten the results you wanted.
Also, because each oil is different, as is each human body, people may experience different results even if they are using the same oil.

As for your hip, if you're still having problems and pain, I highly recommend looking in to MSM. It's great for joins/muscles/tendons and is just great overall for health, energy and immunity. The 'NOW' brand has great quality and good prices. (but go with whatever you want.)

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Thanks for taking the time to put that level of detail into the OP, I am sure their are people that will find it useful. (not meant in a sarcastic manner)

The thing I would like to see someone do is come to the ED\ER of the hospital I work in and treat the next patient that has sepsis with essential oils. Just make sure you have a good explanation for the family when that patient doesn't make it.

If you want to say that essential oils can be viable for mundane things like a tooth ache or a cut or a headache, I'm not going to argue that. If you want to try and convince anyone that using essential oils in an emergent situation is the way to go then you are setting people up to suffer.

I think you, and many others, are still underestimating the amazing power these oils contain. I know I did (underestimate) up until just recently when I started doing in depth research.
They act very quickly within the body and have a profound effect on many different types of injuries/sickness. I have heard that some hospitals in the UK are currently using Lavender oil as first response to serious burns.

My fiance had a 2nd degree burn on her arm a few weeks ago. I put a few drops of lavender on it about 3 - 4 times a day for the first 3 days, and then twice a day for the remaining three days. Within a week the skin was completely healed and a few days later there wasn't even a mark or scar. The oil completely takes away any pain and speeds the healing process. Was pretty cool to watch actually.

I do understand your hesitance, but I encourage you to keep looking into essential oils if you're interested. I hope that more 'official' studies come out soon as we are just now realizing their full potential.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Originally posted by eleven44
reply to post by alfa1

Here's a great test:

Go infect yourself with the superbug.

Lemmie know if you decide the amputation, the toxic chemicals, or the thieves oil.

Would love to hear what works best for you. Thanks!
I was with you tell this post, how childish, all the research and what seemed like intellect and a statement like this...................disappointing and sad.

I understand. But honestly, that was just my way of resorting to a dry humor in order to close my debate with alfa1. It was obvious he had no intention of reading my entire post much less comprehending it, and yet continued to argue me and throw false accusations my way.

I of course wish no illness upon anyone. But it appears the only way alfa1 would believe me is if it happened to him. Thus, if that's what it takes, he is fully allowed to do some personal research.

I do always try my best to stay polite, light hearted and encouraging more than passive aggressive or rude...but sometimes it slips...especially when someone is blatantly being rude to me despite my attempts to play nice.

Good luck in research oils. They truly are fascinating!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
what about the essential oils produced by your scalp that are supposed to drape over your entire body like aprotective blanket? of course everyone either cuts off their hair ordrenches it in chemicals. maybe nature designed the body togrow very long hair from the head for avery good reason. and thatgoes for both men and women. biologically men are designed to have long hair just the same as women. cutting it short is just a cultural thing and we all know how human cultural behavior is usually the exact opposite of what is good for us.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by zero1020
Natural remedies have kept our species going since its inception and that's all the proof I need that they work.
edit on 7-3-2013 by zero1020 because: (no reason given)

And just a few hundred years ago the life span was half of what it is today.

Hm..

Depends on what culture you are looking at.

Also, one of the main contributing factors to overall increased life expectancy is dental health.

If we take the knowledge the ancients had when it came to plants and natural medicines and applied it with our technology today I think we would see miracles happen.

Yes, many antibiotics and prescription drugs are 'derived' from natural sources, but only after going through processes that completely alter the source and then mix it with other synthetic chemicals.

I think we can do better.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The best life saving advice for anyone, especially when dealing with new strains of infections, contagions, and potential biological weapons would be to AVOID INFECTION.

How you do that requires only basic common sense.

You don't want to find yourselves trapped in heavily populated areas where there is a spreading killer bug.

Get out! Get Away! prepare for survival.

Get infected and die.

Simple enough?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Exactly how does one mix oil and water and expect to dilute the oil? And a spray bottle? The oil will just sit on top of the water, I mean, wont it?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by unsteadystate

You use another base oil. I usually use olive oil.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wonder how many hypocrites in this thread used Advil, Tylenol or even drank cough syrup...

Its astounding how many people can believe things that grow in your backyard can cure cancer and HIV, which can be seen from the amount of flags threads like this receive.

All you have to mention is "big pharma" and everyone will pay you money for saying they are evil. As a corporate they are bad, money making, just like another business, but drugs are just drugs.

"Don't buy into the big pharma, buy my backyard grown, untested, "i don't now the difference between Intravenous and topical" drug! it will help you! i don't know how but it does!"
edit on 3/8/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join