It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not to be dramatic, but this thread could save your life. (Response to 'superbug.')

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Yes, I definitely do, and I hear what you're saying.

But what makes you think that western medicine is any less 'snake-oil' than the medicines provided by Mother Nature? Sure, not ALL things from nature will cure ALL illnesses, but the potency and complexities of such chemicals are astounding. Besides, there's a lot less money to be made on the 'natural' side of medicines, so they obviously receive less attention and funding from companies who's main agenda is to make money and NOT to cure the sick.

I first started learning about essential oils from my best friends father. He has had many heart/health complications over the past several years. About 3 years ago he was in and out of the hospital pretty frequently due to his heart. During one of his hospital stays he contracted an internal MRSA infection in his chest. They tried all the antibiotics and medicines they had, but nothing worked. They honestly told him it would be best for him to go home, get comfortable, and die. Well, he did go home. But instead of laying down and dying, he got to work on saving his life. He was already familiar with essential oils himself, so he ordered a lot more and started making his own recipe (not blindly. He has tons of reference books and information in his house and he is very knowledgeable on homeopathic medicines.)
Low and behold, a week later after rubbing his oil blend on his chest daily, he was cured. No more MRSA.
He has since used his formula for his entire family on all kinds of sicknesses, including a serious case of pneumonia. I had staph myself and refused to take antibiotics. Instead, I used his formula. Less than a week later, it was healed. (For the record, I used his formula AND goldenseal extract, which is highly effective as well.)

There are plenty of others (thousands of other) stories out there about successful treatments of many many conditions thanks to Essential oils.

Like the guys said a few posts above, we don't know everything, so why eliminate anything?

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Like I said, It isn't either-or. I don't trust "establishment" medicine any more than I do "alternative" medicine.
I am probably less trustful of the establishment types.
I never trust. I always verify. That is all.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Smack because: redundant phrase

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Here's a great test:

Go infect yourself with the superbug.

Lemmie know if you decide the amputation, the toxic chemicals, or the thieves oil.

Would love to hear what works best for you. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

+1. There's nothing like a real experience to bring it home to you.

But I wish nobody to be sick or put into that situation. NOBODY.

Just think that we don't really know until it happens to us.

If it were me, I think I'd consider amputation. Better than taking on some risk and dying. But then again, life is complex. Circumstances cannot be anticipated well. I don't know.
edit on 7-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
This is cool, OP. I'm gonna make up a batch (soon as i get some spare $) and bring it to school. We can independently verify the essential oil claims. Plus since one of my former teachers is an anthrax freak, We'll see if it works on endospores, too. I don't think I can verify that it will be effective against MRSA because I don't think we have any cultures of that. Could be wrong though. I'll let you know.

Thieves oil, huh. If you want to pioneer the future, study the past.

That would be awesome! I would love to hear what you find out.
I wish I had the know-how to independently verify all of these claims myself.
Have fun!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Naturalnews? lol they have the mind to think robots are evil.

What evidence do you have? yeah i know if you mention "big pharma" people will jump on to the train and start buying stuff like this.

If this is the case, things like Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine should be exploding with scientific studies. the thing is these "big pharma" actually DO USE these type of things into their drugs, expect its iss named with its chemical name, not plant names.

Do you actually know there are studies to explain to people not to buy into these things, yes you can get degrees as medical journalist that expose how people claim something that grew in the backyard can cure cancer. Its either a placebo effect or some sort underlying trigger.

Its funny how in American advertisement and commercial, the spokesperson actually says the word "cure"... in Canada saying such thing is banned, you could never say anything will "cure" something.

I know there is many things such as Liposomal Vitamin C, and it slightly pisses me off when people claim it cures HIV, and cancer without any evidence. Vitamin C supplies you cells with energy, this can indirectly help you, but it does not cure you.

It like saying the breakfast yo ate today morning is the reason you boss pay you your work salary. You breakfast is related but it does not do anything directly.... and there could be many other things.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, this is invaluable information. Im definately booking my seat.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Well I just want to say thank you for taking the time and effort in putting a very informative thread together and I can't understand the skepticism.

I've sworn by Lavender oil for years since the hospital where I gave birth trialled the use of lavender oil in water for healing stitches - it worked fantastically then and I have since always used it on burns ( takes the pain out of burn straight away) and minor skin irritations with great success.It has great healing properties. Garlic is another powerful natural remedy that I swear by with stong antibacterial qualities.
I'm no expert on essential oils at all but I'm trying to educate myself on natural remedies as much as possible and your thread is very helpful in doing so. I'm bookmarking it and am going to find where suppliers of essential oils are where I live. I'm sure there must be some traditional Arabic remedies that use oils - am looking forward to tracking them down and will definitely be making the Theives oil!

Great thread OP - after all none of us have anything to loose by learning about this stuff and possibly everything to gain! Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would think you could try colloidal silver as well. The only bad side effect that I am aware of is a condition called "argyria", which turns your skin blue. Argyria can be caused by the ingestion of silver, and the condition has been used as a scare tactic to have people avoid it (sound familiar? what they won't tell you is that the cases they cite were from silver nitrate). As a topical anti-bacterial agent its effects are well documented. If push came to shove, I would ingest it... I would rather be alive and blue than dead. Maybe become a new minority

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Colloidal silver has remarkable abilities to slaughter any bacterial infection also. They were going to let my wife die of sepsis when the antibiotics weren't working. Colloidal silver brought about a remarkable recovery practically overnight after one single dose of a few swallows! There IS a way to kill this stuff. Modern medicine is making me ill just with the simple disgust at these money mongers. Big Pharma is right up there with Monsanto in my book.

EDIT:

Mac I didn't even see your post but glad our two posts went up together. Argyria will NOT occur from properly prepared Colloidal silver. My wife just came down with a rather bad urinary tract infection that became apparent two days ago, and I just mixed her up a batch of Colloidal silver last night. I look to see that infection gone or at least dramatically improved today.

Colloidal silver has saved my wife's life, saved my friends grandkids life who had MRSA and was having a severe reaction to the antibiotics, cured a sinus infection I had for YEARS and has kept a delicate little old dog of mine alive thru several bad respiratory infections. I have seen it work it's overnight magic many times.

Wonderful and truly effective stuff. Think how much money it costs to keep the "Blue man" at the top of the google search lol. Somebody wants that disinformation to be at the top of the list, and pays big bucks to keep it there.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thanks a lot, very valuable information! Will experiment with it.

A "health system" that bankrupts entire countries and sees ever increasing numbers of chronic illnesses surely must be challenged and alternatives be given a fair chance.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Exactly. Big pharma will try to debunk anything that may provide cures if they can't make money off of it. I have had health issues for years, which actually caused me to retire from the USAF earlier than I wanted. The military docs had me on a veritable cornucopia of scrips, and I was miserable. I have a condition called polyneuropathy (which I am sure was from chemical exposure while I was active duty) and was on meds for pain, neuropathic meds for nerve pain, migraine meds (which almost killed me), blood pressure meds etc. I could barely function, walked with a cane, had ZERO energy, couldn't keep weight on, blah blah blah.
Now I use medical cannabis and I have my life back. I no longer use the cane, I sleep at night, I can actually get things done and I am back to my normal healthy weight of 180 lbs. My blood pressure is completely normal now (I may credit that to retirement j/k) and I don't feel like a$$ all of the time.
I now take ZERO prescription meds and the ONLY otc I will use at all is aspirin.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
While I don't agree with a lot of pharmaceutical meds, I can't help but get the feeling that you are trying to sell me on something.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exxon
While I don't agree with a lot of pharmaceutical meds, I can't help but get the feeling that you are trying to sell me on something.

What would this 'something' be? Essential oils? Do you think I am somehow connected to every single essential oil company in the world?

Now, if I was trying to tell people to specifically by 'suchandsuch' brand of essential oils, or to ONLY buy xxxx kind of oils, then maybe you'd have a point.

I don't work for any company.
I work to help disperse information and knowledge.

There are TONS of independent suppliers of essential oils. Sure, I have a few specific brands that I choose from, but I'm not even going to begin telling others where they must buy from.

The only thing I am trying to do is pass on information that could genuinely help people (even those who do not have the superbug.)
I'm sorry if you are conditioned to not trust people and to think someone is always trying to 'sell' you something.
But take it for what it is: information to help you make up your own mind about your own health.

cheers.

::Edit::

Dear Exxon, whereas I don't agree with most oil and gas companies...I still can't help but feel like you're trying to sell me on a specific oil company..

edit on 7-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OP , thank you for this thread.

I am we'll versed in herbal remedies, but have never taken the time to learn about essential oils. I am very curious. I just bought lavender oil since I read it kills ringworm...definitely worth a shot!

Can you recommend a book or site that has reputable info for me to learn the basics ?

Ps-what is an EO diffuser?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Buddy, it's super easy to find out this information.

I'll save you a whopping minute here and dig you out a gem...

MRSA treatable with Essential Oils

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
OP , thank you for this thread.

I am we'll versed in herbal remedies, but have never taken the time to learn about essential oils. I am very curious. I just bought lavender oil since I read it kills ringworm...definitely worth a shot!

Can you recommend a book or site that has reputable info for me to learn the basics ?

Ps-what is an EO diffuser?

Awesome! Yeah, I was very much the same way. I have been in to herbal/home remedies for a while, dealing with herbs, teas, tinctures, diet, supplements, etc, but I hadn't dug too deep into essential oils until fairly recently. Seems like a logical progression though!

As for books, the main reference book I have been working with lately is: "The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy" by Valerie Worwood. She has a few other books as well and is fairly well known within the aromatherapy world (from what I have gathered.)

AnandaApothecary is a site that I have reference quite a few times when looking into specific oils, their properties, and different blends. But really, there are a lot of sites out there. Some better than others, of course. AromaWeb is another pretty good site.

When it comes to essential oil suppliers: Again, there is a LOT and I'm sure many of them are very good, and I'm sure many of them are not. I've used a good bit of the 'NOW' brand. They're a good bit cheaper, but still have good quality. I think they are mostly cheaper because they have a very large presence in the supplement world, and thus have a higher buying power. 'Mountain Rose Herbs' is another good side. Young Living has a very good reputation as well. There are many many more, and for the sake of having more people accuse me of trying to 'sell' you something, I will definitely just say to keep doing your own research, read reviews, read testimonials, and go with what you think is best and most affordable for you.

As for 'diffusers' there are a couple different types of diffusers, but essentially, they are devices that help spread the essential oils throughout the room (similar to a humidifier, but for oils.) It could be something as simple as boiling a pot of water on the stove with a few drops in the water to spread into the air. Or you can buy specific 'diffuser' products. HEREis a list of different types.

Hope this helped, and good luck on your search!

Cheers!

EDIT:
Whatever supplier you decide to go with on your oils, make sure they are reputable. For example, when it comes to lavender oils, some people sell a cheaper, diluted (or even processed) version that is not true, 100% lavender essential oil. The best way to tell with lavender oil is that if it hurts to put it on your cut or burn or anything else, than it is probably NOT true oil. Real lavender oil will not hurt when placed on open wounds or burns.

edit on 7-3-2013 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I've subscribed to this thread in case the need comes up for someone. How about drinking lots and lots of water? Hydrating is one of my "things", so I'd guess that drinking vast amounts of water would help fight the superbug to either a draw or a win. Couldn't hurt.

I'm not sure whether water alone would cure you....but it is definitely definitely a good idea! So many everyday pains, headaches, stomachaches, fatigue, and diseases are caused by chronic dehydration.
The more water the better!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

First off, you shouldn't use websites as references that already have your biased opinion towards natural medications. Trying to support, lets say Legalization, with statistics from NORML isn't going to get you anywhere.

Secondly, you say that they can cure this Superbug (from the ATS article posted), which, remind you, is a very specific strain. The BBC article is from 2004 and has nothing to do with this strain, CRE. There is 0 evidence that this Superbug can be cured by these oils. MRSA and CRE aren't the same disease by a long shot.

Thirdly, just like pharmaceuticals, how do we know that there aren't side effects from these oils? There are good bacteria, and there are bad bacteria, and good bacteria are essential for the function of life in a human. I find it hard to believe that these oils kill only the bad stuff, not the good stuff, and they don't have any side effects whatsoever. That, my friend, is what makes it seem like you are selling something.

Also, I'm glad you found humor in my user name, I was going to put a great oil spill picture on it as a satire situation, but instead, I might start trying to sell people oil.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Exxon

I am jealous of that idea for a name+avatar (the oilspill, not the selling oil part
)

And I must agree, there needs to be A LOT more testing done on human test subjects before bold claims are made.

But you have to admit, the body of anecdotal evidence is massive enough to warrant more than a little interest!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join