It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACKOUT! Numerous conspiracy sites offline in organized attack.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Have been experiencing difficulties getting onto ATS, also GLP a few days ago, it says my IP address is banned.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I am not sure if what I experienced was a result of the system maintenance, site attack, or simply something to do with the content of my post or the thread I was posting in... Just thought I'd throw that link out to see if anyone knows the deal with it... never seen a 'security error' alert on ATS before... maybe they are issued during maintenance?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It feels good to be back on ATS...never felt any better the last few minutes...

Peace

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Guess the NSA switch over was not as bumpless as they would of like
GLP and LOP are all back up to.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It is not just CT sites but numerous hubs in North America are down today showing zero on the internet traffic report. www.internettrafficreport.com...

Get a grip and do your homework folks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

At least you know we got your back when shtf. Lol. Maybe a heads up next time?! I dont want to cry wolf when it's not necessary.

Beforeitsnews is giving me issues now. Wtf?!
edit on 5-3-2013 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yup- access for ATS stopped for me as well- I was reading an interestinjg thread at the time too.

,....AND WOULDNT YOU KNOW IT- they were talking about the crackdown of "conspiracy groups/theorists" on that thread.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yeah yeah i'm aware cyber warfare has been ongoing I wasn't suggesting this was the first thing ever.

What I was suggesting is that a more larger initiative was seemingly moving to the next phase.

Which I still believe to be true!

Edit: Btw this applies to many websites not just ATS.... very suspicious..
edit on 5-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I was also, got the same thing, except I got a " gateway1 timedout" unresponsive 504 message, weird, never got that one before on my s3 my network, and the net were unresponsive for a good 1/2 hour, just glad to find out what it was.

I was worried they had hacked my phone at first, I had issues with every cons site I tried, then I almost thought it wss on my end.

As long as we are on the subject, does anyone know how good incognito is on the s3? I am not realky familliar with it, is it like using a proxy, or does it just hide my activity on my phone so nobody can tell how much pron I been surfing?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hmm, what does "TPTB" not yet control that is becoming increasingly prevalent... I know! The internet.
Especially conspiracy theorists websites, where citizens become thought criminals.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Especially conspiracy theorists websites, where citizens become thought criminals.

oh the irony, care to write about holographic planes hitting the WTC or maybe a baned version of the sandy hook conspiracy here on ATS?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Let me spell it out for you internet technology awareness deprived individuals. If the North American network is down 11 major hubs at once you are going to have lost packets and lost data giving you time outs. That is the fact of the matter. My reference shows that this is the case in real time.

Router
Response Time (ms)
Packet Loss (%)

anhm7204.exo.com
California (Anaheim)

anguhub14.net.ubc.ca
Canada (Vancouver)

router.firstcls.com
Georgia

atl-datacenter-gw2.capitalinternet.com
Georgia (Atlanta)

border0-e0.oc48-ypsi.hdl.com
Michigan (Ypsilanti)

ac-gw.dandy.net
New Jersey (Atlantic City)

wookie.core.3z.net
Ohio (Cincinnati)

sl-bb21-pen-15-0.sprintlink.net
Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)

core-router.centramedia.net
Texas (Pampa)

er01.asbn.eli.net
Virginia (Ashburn)

core1-sttl.sitespecific.net
Washington (Seattle)

It can not be put in clearer terms for the too lazy to search for the real reason for the problem. The internet is having a problem. What that is is not related to CT sites but the structural hubs of the North American internet. That is the facts as they are not your conspiracy theory BS.

+

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

oh the irony, care to write about holographic planes hitting the WTC or maybe a baned version of the sandy hook conspiracy?
hehe, you're right. Just some kids in a basement hacking all these websites for the previous week. Nothing to see here.

Who said anything about Holographic planes or bane?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it seems to be focused upon the United States. The three guesses that work for me are:

1) China.
2) The Feds wanting it to look like China.
3) Kim Jung Un got a new, hyped up iPhone and is bored.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Well for a long time dalnet suffered severe constant and network damaging ddos attacks a number of years ago. Why? Because people were pissed off with dalnet.

It comes and goes. ATS is popular. Conspiracy websites have been popularised a lot lately.

It's not the small user end market any more, it's a business.

Many people will target business.

Hence, they will change targets from an irc network, to a search engine network, to a conspiracy network, to an online payment system, etc, etc for whatever reasons they want.

nothing to do with the secret changes by the government to take over the data flow....

If they wanted to make all traffic routed through a server for the government, which is not only logistically impossible to do as it would severely disrupt - constantly - the traffic, but they would do it openly. Make it a law. Pass that law, you'd have no choice. webmasters would have to comply, or it would all go like torrent trackers.. posts hosted off server, etc, etc.. a joke of an idea to expect in reality.

And for what... so they could keep tabs on bob's cloub busting technology... which he's converted to make onto a chemtrail buster. Such a dire implementation of secret technology that the government must control it at the source.

You may as well desire to build a combustion engine out of string. In the mind, it's a fantastic feat, but in reality, it just does not work...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Hmm, what does "TPTB" not yet control that is becoming increasingly prevalent... I know! The internet.

Bingo. That's the one!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Whatever it is, it seems to be focused upon the United States.

Australia too. All other sites, google, youtube, yahoo ect are loading fine. ATS major problems loading in the last few hours.

edit on 5-3-2013 by NeverMind2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I've seen many of the same topics on ATS that I've seen on football forums.

Yes, they must target the conspiracy website. It's the only way to get the real grub on those dastardly people..

good Grief....

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

Come down, not everyone monitors the hubs,..

Think about the irony:

A conspiracy site times out straight after a thread regarding other major Conspiracy sites going offline, while you have a bunch of conspiracy folks having time-out issues straight after reading the thread..

Peace.
edit on 5-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Without further analysis of the network traffic involved, it is just speculation as to why there are connection problems. If there is a general trend with conspiracy sites being affected it is also possible that public interest in the topics are rising, resulting in a what appears to be a DDOS attack but a lot less sinister as the network just becomes overloaded through general use of increasing public attention.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join