It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLACKOUT! Numerous conspiracy sites offline in organized attack.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I'm aware of how technically and physically difficult the problem would be to deal with. I'm also aware of a small portion of black projects that have leaked. It would be unwise to look only through civilian eyes on this one. I suspect they have been able to do various different nefarious things to the Intertubes for a while but it must be handled delicately....

As to your other comment about Joe Blogs not being important. I completely disagree on that one!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Whatever it is, it seems to be focused upon the United States. The three guesses that work for me are:

1) China.
2) The Feds wanting it to look like China.
3) Kim Jung Un got a new, hyped up iPhone and is bored.

It becomes apparent now.

D-Rod gave him a mobile hotspot.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hopefully this has nothing to do with a police car near my house at lunch and then spotting a police car pulling down my road twice this evening as if they are watching my street and trying to be obvious about it. I don't know if any other long time members here noticed police watching near their house and street. It's probably not related but I don 't know why I saw the police so much

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Hopefully this has nothing to do with a police car near my house at lunch and then spotting a police car pulling down my road twice this evening as if they are watching my street and trying to be obvious about it. I don't know if any other long time members here noticed police watching near their house and street. It's probably not related but I don 't know why I saw the police so much

You should go up to them and ask them, video tape it and then post the video.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
Let me spell it out for you internet technology awareness deprived individuals.

The Internet Traffic Report ( internettrafficreport.com... ) is showing North America to be in fine shape.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

The Internet Traffic Report ( internettrafficreport.com... ) is showing North America to be in fine shape.

You need to paste some zeros where you see fit to truly grasp how bad off it is, trust me Im a note pad pro.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

internettrafficreport.com...

I beg to differ. 11 hubs down is not fine shape and it explains the packet loss. Care to offer up an alternate reason for the crappy loading of ATS? I am sure we would all love to understand that better.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Would that imply Majic Johnson is a CT mole?

Man I am glad I was out for the evening, not getting into ATS on demand for me is horrifying.

The only real paranoia I have is one day logging on to find ATS gone.

Anyway, your post struck me because even though it was made seemingly in jest, it was true to my own thoughts.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

But there is no packet loss:

North America
Avg. Response Time: 66
Avg. Packet Loss: 0 %
Total Routers: 37
Network up: 70 %

Currently showing 93% for NA.

Source

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Sek82
Hmm, what does "TPTB" not yet control that is becoming increasingly prevalent... I know! The internet.
Especially conspiracy theorists websites, where citizens become thought criminals.

I've seen many of the same topics on ATS that I've seen on football forums.

Yes, they must target the conspiracy website. It's the only way to get the real grub on those dastardly people..

good Grief....
Nice attempt at downplaying this, but when is the last time half a dozen CT websites got attacked over the course of days? Football forums are relevant how...?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

When has that ever happened to 1/2 a dozen football sites?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This reference is for the entire network is not for some user in New York or Chicago who is not able to connect 404 error style. I guess I should teach a class or something on this subject. Packet loss is why your connection times out. The entire network will eventually process your packets eventually thus shows 100% but your browser times out when this situation with so many hubs down occurs.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
In your class will you be teaching us how this only seems to effect CT sites?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Care to offer up an alternate reason for the crappy loading of ATS?

Our DDoS mitigation solution noticed an overwhelming and sudden flood of connection attempts. Our load balancer experienced significantly high server load before the mitigation solution automatically blocked the connections. After a restart, all was well.

We've been seeing similar activity on the load balancer off and on for about 3 days now. Some intense, some not.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Can you do us all a favor and point to a thread ATS has made on this subject so we can all get up to speed and save time in understanding what is going on?

link   

11 hubs down

Where are you getting those equipment subdomains? I'm getting unknown host and regular and reverse lookup.

link   
reply to post by antar

There was some humor to it - but seriousness underneath as well. Watching the real time map for attacks, as I have been for the past half an hour or so, shows that both Central China and most of the US to be lit up like Christmas trees. This is actually quite normal in recent times - but given the rhetoric regarding cyber issues between the US and China, since the Dubai WCIT conference - I am left wondering about motives.

Like maybe the US and China came to a "Gentleman's agreement" to stop going after each others military servers and to start aiming at civilian targets? Sounds a bit paranoid - but both countries want more control over their respective internal networks... what better way to achieve that than a cyber cold war? They can use it as an excuse to clamp down internally - and also have the specter of a bogeyman to use as a means of scaring and controlling their own populations.

Just a thought. But I think it's one that fits.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Can you do us all a favor and point to a thread ATS has made on this subject

There isn't one. We tend not to make a big deal of such things.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A former colleague has been in InfraGuard for more than 10 years. I just checked with him and they're not seeing anything to be alarmed about.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

hmmm...So then the thread title must be correct in saying otherwise.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join