It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story of my hippy friend, his guitar and a small UFO.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hi Ats
I find myself with some minutes on hand and a story on my mind that has never been written down and so now's the time.

It's a story told to me by a long time good bloke mate whom we shall call Sam. I've known Sam since we were reckless teenagers enjoying life in the rather hedonistic manner that most young adults should enjoy life I think.
Sam was born in 1970, the son of very free thinking and hippy-ish parents. He is one of the most chilled out and laid back dudes I've ever known... and I've known a few crazy cats.
He had dreadlocks aged 14... for a white guy in our school that was pretty rad.
We hung out loads from the age of 14-18 as we went to the same schools... then we stayed in touch and hung out during Uni years. We were at seperate Uni's and I'd see him every couple of months for parties (1989 the 'summer of Love' and all that). We are still in touch.

He's honest and trust worthy and understanding of the mind and the body and well versed in all aspects of philosophy, theology and religion and spiritualism and meditation and the paranormal and conspiracy theories, cults and more... a lot of it by first hand experience.

He told me this story near the end of our Uni years, 1992/3... and it was about an incident that occurred around 1990, I think, as it was on his travel-year, when he was staying in a Kibbutz in Israel.

I asked him if he'd seen a UFO and he said 'yes' without hesitating, and then he told me the story. He said he hadn't told anyone else. Now if this happened to me I'd be shouting it from the rooftops but Sam is kind of unique in my experience in that he doesn't make a fuss about anything incredible that happens to him or those around him... he acts like the incredible is normal and takes it as gospel that the world is full of magic... and the magic does tend to happen in his vicinity.

Ok... I've waffled enough... here is what he told me as accurately as I remember...

Sam told me that he had a very close encounter with a UFO in Israel. He was on/at a Kibbutz... a working holiday/community in Israel that students back in my day often went to on their travel year. He had his trusty guitar with him and he was an okay guitar player... actually he was pretty poor but he nailed some Bob Marley and some Led Zepp tunes and therefore looked/sounded uber cool to his easily impressed audiences at that time!

So Sam tells me that he was practicing on his guitar on his own sitting by a shallow stream, about 20 feet wide, that ran past the building complex where he and many others on Kibbutz were staying. The way he described it was like a largish building with a communal front entrance/porch where people would hang out... and the stream/river was about 200 yards away, visible from the entrance.. he was sat down facing towards the building across the stream on his own playing his guitar. (His initial telling was brief.. I asked him for these details.)

Sam says he was playing his guitar (maybe singing/humming as well) and a baseball-sized silver/chrome ball flew down and hovered over the shallow stream, he said it was stationary in the air mere feet away from him... midway across the stream and about 10 feet in the air. Sam said he just continued playing his tune watching this object which he felt was watching him and he said it was a moment of surrealness that, he felt, went on for quite a few seconds... then he said the moment was shattered with someone screaming, " OOOOO-FO!! OOOOO-FO! OOOOOOO-FO!'.

Sam looked over to the building and a Japanese student was running over pointing at the object and shouting "Oooo-Fo, Ooo-Fo" over and over again in complete amazement.

Sam says he tried to calm the guy down... "Yes, it's an 'ooo-fo', sit down, its an 'ooo-fo', chill..."

But the Japanese student, who now had reached his side of the stream, opposite Sam, was jumping and down pointing and shouting "Ooo-fo! Oooo-fo!"

And Sam says then the small metallic ball whizzed away at high speed and disappeared in a flash.

And that is Sam's UFO story.

The first thing I asked after he told the story was about his state of mind and he said it definitely wasn't a hallucination. He swears it was 100% real and a solid object as far as he could see and tell. He said it was like a very polished chrome pinball or ball bearing. He said as far as he is concerned it was an intelligent object.

Me and Sam are still connected... age and years means we don't hang out anymore but he would confirm the story but wouldn't be interested in writing about it. So I took that liberty in the hope he won't mind... I'm sure he won't!

The way 'Sam' impersonated the Japanese student makes it so believable... "Oooo-fo! Oooo-fo!"
Maybe I'll try and get him on camera telling the story... he does it better than me I think!

edit on 16-2-2013 by manmental because: stuff

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Pics or it didn't happen!

Flagged it regardless!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That is an awesome story! Sam sounds like an intresting person to meet.
I really enjoy meeting people like Sam.

I woulld really enjoy hearing it from him

edit on 16-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
That is an awesome story! Sam sounds like an intresting person to meet.
I really enjoy meeting people like Sam.

I woulld really enjoy hearing it from him

edit on 16-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Thanks! And yes he is... and next time we speak I'll ask if he's up for an interview about this.

This was 1990 ish ... before mobile phones/digital cameras. Ben didn't go for cameras... he still doesn't... he believes that they dilute true memories.

The way he told the story was that he kept playing the guitar until he tried to calm the Japanese fellow down and it was when the guitar stopped playing that the 'ooo-fo' departed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

Further, it's entirely possible to be passively under the "influence" when one is not actively under the influence.
One such example of this is called Flashbacks.

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

How wrong you are. What a shame that you didn't get the idea of the story.
Sam and myself have no racial or other prejudices and we are the nicest human beings you would care to meet.
You must live in a shallow world where innocence has been lost if you see bigotry in my story.
I feel blessed that I was born in 1968 and have lived before the Internet and fear of everything.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Please, then, edit your story to drop the whole "Sam does a better impression", as well as dropping the racial-ethno sterotype of yelling "ooo-fo", instead of simply making the statement that another student (nationality and ethnic heritage unspecified), very exited, started jumping up and down yelling and pointing about the "ufo".

When you start talking about doing impressions, and going out of your way to fill in or perpetuate racially/ethic stereotypes, including accents, you're being racially and culturally insensitive regardless of whether you think you are or are not.

If you don't understand this, then, I feel very sad for you.

edit:

... on the ricter scale of cultural sensitivity and manners, doing accents and impressions as you've described on top of going out of one's way to mention the cultural origin of a character, is a few steps above talking loudly and slowly in rudeness and insensitivity to someone not of your own cultural heritage.

I mean, what's next?
Are you going to show us how black people act and sound when they see a UFO?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have seen the exact same object, it would have been about the same year too.

+41 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Please, then, edit your story to drop the whole "Sam does a better impression", as well as dropping the racial-ethno sterotype of yelling "ooo-fo", instead of simply making the statement that another student (nationality and ethnic heritage unspecified), very exited, started jumping up and down yelling and pointing about the "ufo".

Wow.. you are so wrong when it comes to this story... and me.
The story I was told stuck with me because of the Phonetics of the story as much as the body of it ... and 'oooo-fo' is a close enough written form of his great impression.

"OOOO-FO!"

It's not racist. Get over it.

In fact I do believe it was you who introduced these slanders into the thread..

buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student

Your mind.... not mine.

edit on 16-2-2013 by manmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Lovely story, thank you for sharing!! I personally think this world and its stories would be very bland without little details such as an accent..Geeze.. Anyway, I read somewhere once that if ETs ever made contact, it may very well be artists and musicians who most effectively communicate a peaceful message with them. Makes sense to me, who would be intimidated by a "hippy" with an acoustic guitar....?

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Butt out of his story. If that is how it happened, and how his friend told it, that is it. And you can take your ideas and put them somewhere else, sick of seeing so much suppression of people on the ufo forum. Some people question, others use a very heavy hand to do so.

We also have seen a metal orb at my childrens window, right before "checkups" occurred. And your opinions all over the ufology board don't change reality one bit. No matter how many "delusions", "mental Illness", suggestions of drug induced states spill out of your posts. I think the insane ones are those who don't believe others, who systemically suppress them and truth, and don't do their own searches and waking up. Period. They remind me of the bible, where Jesus said, woe unto you ....you won't let others enter, nor do you enter yourselves.

And hippy, maybe in the US its a terrible term. LOVE IT. AM ONE. I grew up on the hippy farm, surrounded with French Canadian workers who lived year round there. My father was so loved and friends, literally good friends with his team, that word spread via travel and we had a couple show up from Switzerland to hang out. Oh and hippies can be physics background and science majors too. Freedom, learning, education, empowerment, thats what it was and is all about. What a joke to see such statements after all these years, when we are working for more empowerment and more freedom and more equality. I denounce and renounce anything else and wait for true justice, when all that mud and shadow on people just blows away, and some of them may lose a grade or two, but we're all light inside and shadow is only distortion, so I wouldn't put my consciousness into it and lose ground.

Truth is where its at. Not suppressing it.
edit on 16-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks Constant and Unity!
I just re-read my first post and the last paragraph... i just clicked to edit but i'm out of time. For the narrow minded I could have changed it to say that 'Sam's' impression of the Japanese student embellished the story rather than being the deciding factor etc.
I found the story and impression so unique in the way it was told so I was trying to convey that.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You shouldn't have to change what was relayed, and its ridiculous that some don't stop campaigns, even when they're acquiring karma by walking on others. We're supposed to be empowering others, giving voices to those who have a hard time speaking up, and being good brothers and sisters.

He was open minded. And there is more. If you've read Dolores Cannon's books at all, usually there is a reason why some have a sighting like that, very relaxed, sort of zen like, in his acceptance and then it was ruined by someone over excited. So that sighting as meant for him, personalized so to speak, as often is the case.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
Thanks Constant and Unity!
I just re-read my first post and the last paragraph... i just clicked to edit but i'm out of time. For the narrow minded I could have changed it to say that 'Sam's' impression of the Japanese student embellished the story rather than being the deciding factor etc.
I found the story and impression so unique in the way it was told so I was trying to convey that.

Don't change your story just because Druscilla doesn't like the way you wrote it.
She always has some negative comment to add to everyone's thread on the UFO forum. I think she should change her user name to "DeRailer".

I think the way you told the story was great. It added "personalty" and imagery to the story.
I appreciate you sharing it with us.

I have seen my fair share of UFOs in my lifetime. I don't need Dru's approval to know they're out there. Pay no attention to her!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Have a similar story about a guy who saw a white orb maybe 15 meters away....pay attention....next to a water reservoir.Water seems to be the connection in quite a few cases.
Well,that was about 30 years ago and he was never the same again!
Two women divorced him because the orbs used to come to his house at night and the whole village(in the Black Forest in Germany)knew about it.
I lived in a neigbouring village at the time and lots of people had similar experiences with orbs.

Never saw one myself.....tragic!

edit on 17-2-2013 by silversurfer6161 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm glad that it is a proven fact that hippies never use drugs otherwise I might suggest he was just a little high at the time....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

When you start talking about doing impressions, and going out of your way to fill in or perpetuate racially/ethic stereotypes, including accents, you're being racially and culturally insensitive regardless of whether you think you are or are not.

If you don't understand this, then, I feel very sad for you.

edit:

... on the ricter scale of cultural sensitivity and manners, doing accents and impressions as you've described on top of going out of one's way to mention the cultural origin of a character, is a few steps above talking loudly and slowly in rudeness and insensitivity to someone not of your own cultural heritage.

I mean, what's next?
Are you going to show us how black people act and sound when they see a UFO?

Actually, ooo--fo pronunciation, outside of the US is quite common and actually lends more credibility to the story. So before saying this is a racist statement, check out what happens in the rest of the world...

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Whoa, I usually appreciate, at the very least, your input but coming on this thread and criticizing the OP for being descriptive in his story telling is way off base....

edit: I have several Japanese friends who speak poor 'Engrish' and instead of feeling insulted we all have a good laugh about it. Something about not taking life so serious.......And if you don't understand this then I feel very sad for you. Rery Rery sad.

Final edit: I removed remarks unbecoming of me made towards you, because I'm better than that, and you should honestly lighten up....
edit on 17-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Good story OP, I've not heard a lot of small metallic balls...but of course will not discount them. He sounds like an interesting and cool dude to know.

As for the other comments made, totally uncalled for and undeserving for you. I think most of my Japanese friends would be insulted if you didn't try to describe to the best of your ability what was being said out of fear that you would be labelled a racist, which you clearly weren't. They're not like that and certainly aren't so damn easily offended....and always very honorable, humble, and carry a great sense of humor.

When they say that their 'Engrish is not rery good' I respond with 'It's OK, my Japanese terrible (much emphasis on the word 'Terrible') in which case they, along with myself, always keel over with laughter'.
edit on 17-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
cool story bro! did you do this for writing class? b-!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join