It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story of my hippy friend, his guitar and a small UFO.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by manmental

"I got yer small metallic balls right here" he says in his best insensitive Bronx accent.

And sometimes people speak slowly to foreign language speakers so that they can understand what you are saying and understand you don't think they're necessarily stupid.

And even when on drugs people don't hallucinate things that aren't there... unless they're on a whole lot of certain kinds and then they usually know that what they're seeing isn't literally there... just sayin.

And those small, chrome looking balls have been spotted and reported many hundreds of times. They usually glow at night. Look up "foo fighters" for instance. Also filmed zipping over cities like Phoenix and Mexico City alot. Even crop circles.

A few good friends of mine have had the same basic experience, minus the guitar and kibbutz anyway... or Japanese speaking dude.

Maybe probes? Tiny aliens? Valee style fairy-aliens? Machine intelligences? Tulpa-like manifestations of Gaea consciousness? I dunno, but they're around doing whatever they're doing.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Star and flag. Great story! A few years ago I saw a huge "bubble" type UFO while talking to my ex-girlfriend on the Payphone at my local laundromat. I'm guessing it was about 1,000 yards away and maybe 150 feet in diameter. From my view it was moving very slowly, level to the powerlines that were across the street from me.

It was very odd in that it would "pulse" very, very slowly while it was moving. The object did not look solid. It had a dark outer edge that was always visible. It would switch between "clear" and an opaque pearl color that appeared hazy, sort of like when you look down the street on a hot day and see the heat rising.

I was really excited about it and ran into the laundromat shouting like a madman. I thoroughly embarrassed myself.

Thanks again for the story.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Please, then, edit your story to drop the whole "Sam does a better impression", as well as dropping the racial-ethno sterotype of yelling "ooo-fo", instead of simply making the statement that another student (nationality and ethnic heritage unspecified), very exited, started jumping up and down yelling and pointing about the "ufo".

When you start talking about doing impressions, and going out of your way to fill in or perpetuate racially/ethic stereotypes, including accents, you're being racially and culturally insensitive regardless of whether you think you are or are not.

If you don't understand this, then, I feel very sad for you.

edit:

... on the ricter scale of cultural sensitivity and manners, doing accents and impressions as you've described on top of going out of one's way to mention the cultural origin of a character, is a few steps above talking loudly and slowly in rudeness and insensitivity to someone not of your own cultural heritage.

I mean, what's next?
Are you going to show us how black people act and sound when they see a UFO?

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your insights. Where do you live mostly to gain such knowledge?

Next time I am visiting a small remote village where some people have never seen a white person before (me), I will let them know they and/or their children are being racist and stereotyping me when they call me "Joe", or laugh at me for doing something they do not understand.

It sounds like you need to get out of your comfort zone a bit more often. How often do you visit villages with no electricity and visit people who have not seen a foreigner?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

Further, it's entirely possible to be passively under the "influence" when one is not actively under the influence.
One such example of this is called Flashbacks.

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

I don't know if I believe in UFO's or Hippies, but I do believe in Japanese students because I saw one once. You can't dismiss this as not being credible just because of a hippy and UFO in the story. What about the student? Doen't he count.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

Racist much?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Further, it's entirely possible to be passively under the "influence" when one is not actively under the influence.
One such example of this is called Flashbacks.

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

You are actually promoting racism by giving it life when it wasn't an issue previously in this thread. I am doing the same merely by responding to you.

If you feel that there is some racial issue here then that is because you perceived it that way, and if you perceived it that way then you may be a racist, or at the very least are programmed to assume something is racist based off of what you have been fed your whole life.

OP: Like others have said, it is hard to believe a story from word alone. However, it was a very enjoyable read. Don't worry about the ones in disbelief. You could provide photographs and they still wouldn't believe you. =)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

There was an article in the Baltimore Sun written in the early 80's by a reported that was home one weekend doing some gardening work. He says he was being followed around his yard by a 10 inch UFO about the size of a pencil. He was walking around watering plants and wherever he went the small UFO simply went with him. He went on to say that it was not an insect, had no eyes, no visible wings or appendages and made no sound whatsoever. He said it was grey in color and looked metallic.
This really made me think that there might be such things as miniature probes. I looked for the article in the Sun's archives but could not find it!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

you've knocked me sideways....
i myself have seen almost the exact same thing here in Ireland
i live in a town of about 30,000 people. there is a river on the edge of the town. its not a big river, about 20 feet wide.
one afternoon, about 4 years ago, i was walking to a friends house and was just about to cross the bridge over the river when i noticed a metal/chrome sphere gliding slowly over the river. it was about 30 from the water, about 15 feet above me.
it was following the course of the river.
it was smaller than a football/soccer ball. it didnt stop at all, it just went along slowly.
at first i thought 'what the hell is that?'. by the time i realised it was metallic it was too late to take any video with my phone.
i watched it follow the exact course the river took. it was dead centre the whole way along, 30 feet above the water.
and that was it. it was out of view after 20 seconds or so.
i couldnt stop biting the ears of my friend, i was like a kid at christmas....
i couldnt see any features on it. it was a dull dark grey metal sphere.
your post has affirmed my sighting

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Just FYI, your cultural heritage doesn't have anything to do with anything. Peculiar that you think it's relevant.
edit on Sun Feb 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Completely off topic
(as usual)

Metal spheres is what we are discussing here.

This reminds me of this great sphere story and thread ---> www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sun Feb 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There have been many small metallic sphere objects observed over the years. It's not that well known compared to the usual disc/cigar sightings.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Whats so special about it? Ive seen ufos 3 times in my life and ive never made a thread about them. Tbh if you still doubt they exist then youre not even a sceptic, because sceptics are realists as well. And its not realistic to think 100000s of videos and stories are all faked just for the fun of it. Heck people are risking their carreers to telling their stories. Again if you still doubt ufos exist youre not a sceptic but youre narrow minded.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I'd like to meet Sam, sounds like the type of bloke I would like to hang with.

He is not alone with encountering small unidentified baseball sized metallic spheres either........

......she started taking photos with her iphone 4s. shortly after, I (the driver) spotted well above and slightly south of the sun a slightly flattened spherical dull metal object (slightly reflective) hovering and moving slowly north for about five seconds. it appeared about baseball size. I had no idea what i had just seen.
Link

____________________________________________________________________________________________

......The woman then ran to her car and moved to the end of the driveway for a better look, but now “saw a large, brilliant white light.” Back at the house, she was only now able to see the smaller lights, which “seemed to be approximately the size of a baseball and smaller. They were not identical in size. This experience lasted approximately 20 to 25 minutes. “
Link

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, if I can just have your attention for a moment.............

Yep, lights from a swamp gas-filled weather balloon reflecting off Venus causing a lens flare......and other government sponsored fairy tales.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

That is a funny avatar pic

The guitar has a lot to do with UFOs and aliens, there are rumors the aliens had a watch over Jimi Hendrix because of his amazing abilities, the aliens can keep a watch over magicians and like music.

Who would like music if they came and visited earth during the time of 70s and 80s?

What if they came in the 40s would they have liked music? Of course not humans didn't start making developed music until Elvis primarily and it just so happens when these UFOs were visiting in mass amounts according the newpapers of the day there was a dramatic shift in music with the hippie movement, so yes your post fits very well here.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Please, then, edit your story to drop the whole "Sam does a better impression", as well as dropping the racial-ethno sterotype of yelling "ooo-fo", instead of simply making the statement that another student (nationality and ethnic heritage unspecified), very exited, started jumping up and down yelling and pointing about the "ufo".

When you start talking about doing impressions, and going out of your way to fill in or perpetuate racially/ethic stereotypes, including accents, you're being racially and culturally insensitive regardless of whether you think you are or are not.

edit:

... on the ricter scale of cultural sensitivity and manners, doing accents and impressions as you've described on top of going out of one's way to mention the cultural origin of a character, is a few steps above talking loudly and slowly in rudeness and insensitivity to someone not of your own cultural heritage.

I mean, what's next?

I believe Sam, as I have seen a spherical craft myself, but it was much larger. You, however, should really try to rein in the political correctness bullsh*t as it is getting VERY old and annoying. But that's an entirely different topic...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interesting tale, only natural the thread would be marred with some completely off topic nonsense... but yes this sounds totally plausible, lots of others have had up close and personal sightings with smaller objects. And these things do seem to be more comfortable around hippies, it seems
But that could also just be timing, the fact he was sat out with his guitar - not everyone would be doing that. Definitely intriguing, and friend's tales are often some of the best! Thanks for sharing the story!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

edit:

I mean, what's next?

Try not to trip and land square on your face, over your extremely large 'culturally sensitive' ego.

As for the story itself, all credibility was lost the moment you mentioned Israel. I'll let you imagine your own reasons why.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Wonderful story...I enjoyed reading it. I have a theory about the orbs; I think they are spy cameras sent out from a UFO.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join