It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story of my hippy friend, his guitar and a small UFO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
double post.. ugh
edit on 17-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
Just an FYI on my cultural heritage:

Father's side - Japanese + Hawaiian/Polynesian.
Mother's side - Norse/Germanic/Slavic + French/Arab

edit on 17-2-2013 by Druscilla because: corrected typo on spelling of "Germanic".

Edit: No point in talking at this point in time (too late for me and my mind). Needless to say, what should I tell my villager friends? They're Racists? ( I don't think they know what that means though)
edit on 17-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Great story mate ! it reminds me alot of hippy friend who come's pretty close to how sam is if i read your story right.
When i hear this story it keeps getting me to think about the video i saw with the silver orb at a satellite.

Watch the part between 2:21 and 2:30 sorry i couldnt find the original video.

S&F

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OOOO OOOOO! OOOFO!

I HOPE ITS REALLY REAL! COOL!
A probe of some type hey?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

Further, it's entirely possible to be passively under the "influence" when one is not actively under the influence.
One such example of this is called Flashbacks.

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I don't see anywhere in the OP where it even slightly implies that. I'm actually more offended by buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student than I am of anything written in the OP. Of all the Japanese people I know, including the multitude in my family, they all pronounce at least a couple English words wrong, even if they're English majors (which some of them are), and there isn't anything wrong with phonetically writing out how they say it. Most of them, including me have pronounced it as 'ooo-fo' one point or another, and that doesn't offend any one bit. I don't see how that could have offended anyone actually.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by manmental

Please, then, edit your story to drop the whole "Sam does a better impression", as well as dropping the racial-ethno sterotype of yelling "ooo-fo", instead of simply making the statement that another student (nationality and ethnic heritage unspecified), very exited, started jumping up and down yelling and pointing about the "ufo".

When you start talking about doing impressions, and going out of your way to fill in or perpetuate racially/ethic stereotypes, including accents, you're being racially and culturally insensitive regardless of whether you think you are or are not.

If you don't understand this, then, I feel very sad for you.

edit:

... on the ricter scale of cultural sensitivity and manners, doing accents and impressions as you've described on top of going out of one's way to mention the cultural origin of a character, is a few steps above talking loudly and slowly in rudeness and insensitivity to someone not of your own cultural heritage.

I mean, what's next?
Are you going to show us how black people act and sound when they see a UFO?

WTH is your problem, Take your self righteous neurotic thinking elsewhere! This is your whole M-O

Go to a thread that has been newly posted or still on the first page of postings, Rant off about some complete non-sense that half the time is non related or really stretching things then dissapear when the real discussion starts taking place only to quote or comment on the thinkers above.

Where exactly did you get that Sam the one with the encounter was a hippy? All i read was that Sams parents were hippies? SO then you assumed that Sam was a hippy right? Im trieng to understand your oh so profound knowledge?

Just to clear another thing up the OP is racist because a foreigner is screaming ooooooooooo-fo
ooooooooo-fo.......

Thats fantastic im glad i understand how intelligent people think now.. Phew its been a rough day with all the knowledge you dropped on this Thread, will take a bit to digest!

I love looking for your posts when im having a bad day just reading half the Sh!!tt you type knowing thats hows and what you truly believe is hilarious and pure comedy at its finest!

edit on 17-2-2013 by ContractedMercenary because:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

No matter how impressive someone's impression of an overdone racist stereotype of a buck-tooth'd, bottle thick glasses wearing, slant eyed, bad EngRish "oooo-fo" yelling, over excitable claimed Japanese student, don't make it true.

Further, it's entirely possible to be passively under the "influence" when one is not actively under the influence.
One such example of this is called Flashbacks.

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

Must you always have that vile attitude? Time and time again you are unbearable to read.
Quite honestly you could have written all that in two sentences with much more maturity and respect.
Way to ruin a pretty interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Fascists like you make life miserable for other people . Pull your head out and remove some of that brainwashing. The guy wasn't screaming "UFO!" He was screaming "Ooo-fo!" Get over it, derailer.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Hi all

Great story! Very well written and you and your friend seem like fun, cool people.

I unfortunately have never seen anything like that myself --- but I have read reports linking these small metallic UFOs and little balls of light to Crop Circles.

I know lol the opinion of many here on Crop Circles isn’t very high. But imho, while the majority Crop Circles are certainly man made --- I believe that there is a small percentage of Crop Circles that at the very least deserve further research.

This guy explains them better than I:

Quote taken from: humansarefree.com...

“BALLS OF LIGHT
The number of ‘balls of light' that have been seen by eyewitnesses has increased considerably over the last couple of years. Sized somewhere between an egg and a football, these bright, fluorescent, flying light objects seem to be somehow related to the crop circle phenomenon. They often appear in the fields during the night a crop circle forms, and have been seen (and filmed!) many times in and around crop circles. Several persons have even claimed that they witnessed how these balls of light actually created a crop circle.”

End Quote
-----

Also, I remember a couple of years ago reading a funny story about a man in England who not only witnessed a small, low flying metallic UFO but actually chased it (on foot) and caught it lol.

Unfortunately, I guess the UFO was a slippery little ****er and lol managed to slip out of his hands.

Ever since I read about the Rendlesham Forest incident (where the UFO seemed to playing almost a game of cat and mouse with the soldier) I sometimes wonder if maybe some of the Ets out there have a sense of humour. Maybe the ETs are curious about us? Or lol they like to play with their food!

edit on 17/2/2013 by Sauron because: include external quote tags

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

need some attention ?
Seriously keep your stereotype and P.C BS out of the thread, thanks

OP, seriously, nice thread, tell us more please !!!
edit on 17-2-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Man, you need to lighten up...There was no racism in the post...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
*** GET ON TOPIC ***

Discuss the story.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Great story! I was instantly taken back to my day of youth and enjoyment.

I too have seen a small flying ball, although it was not metallic looking. It was more on along the lines of what OwenandNoelle described in his/her post. It was about a little smaller than a soccer ball, low to the ground maybe a foot above.

It was back in 1999, Northern California, night, and raining. It glowed a rather incandescent orange and floated out in front of me while I was driving (25-30mph). As I hit the breaks it maintained the same distance from me. As is if it's path was coming across mine yet maintaining the same distance as I was stopping. A moment later, it floated into a chain link fence and just disappeared. No poof, no sizzle, no bang... just disappeared.

It was not a reflection, was not ball lighting, and was not a hallucination. To this day I am still so very curious as to what the heck it was. I may never know.

I believe your story, and I believe Sam. If one has never seen something like this it is so very easy to be skeptical.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah man super awesome story!
I'm about "Sam's" age
& share many of the same traits,
including needing a Kibbutz.
But unfortunately for me, in all my laid backness
and love of all things paranormal, have never seen a darn thing.
Not a single Oo-Fo.

Sam was a lucky man,
but it sounds like it couldnt have happened to a better dude.
And, I believe it without hesitation.

* Now was it 30 year advanced military contractor piece?
Like the owners who fly around giant triangles and drop silver orbs
over the Dome of the Rock?
Or other worldly?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So my opinion on the story written can be viewed ...

I enjoyed your story, it reminded me of the small aliens in Men in Black.

Plausible...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Reminds me of the flying/floating spherical orbs in the movie Prometheus that are used for mapping/scanning.

The ones people have been seeing worldwide probably follow a similar purpose. Either that, or the crop circle theory..

I am fascinated why so many have been seen near water.

Awesome story. Your friend sounds chill.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Actually it does kind of matter, that part.

I speak Japanese and it lends credibility to the story, because that's the only way an exchange student who spoke limited english could pronounce it.

It's also typical of how a young japanese person would express their excitement.

Note that, typical doesn't mean stereotyping racist. Since my Japanese teacher from Japan, worked on teaching us to respond in a typical japanese way, since she believed it would help the students that wanted to converse more fluently and travel in Japan.

To the OP. It sounds like this object must have been some sort of drone. That was probably attracted to the sound of your friend playing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join