It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true story of my hippy friend, his guitar and a small UFO.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The metallic orb I witnessed in the early 90's was at my family's farm.
I was walking my dog along a little creek (I think was dry at the time) when I saw the object.

As soon as I spotted it hovering only about 20ft in front of me, it shot of at pretty high speed.
It manouvered through the trees without a problem and was defiantly under intelligent control.

The object was Solid metallic sphere and was about the size of a basket ball.

The way it speed off from a stand still makes me think I surprised it as much as it surprised me

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Could there be a theme building here?

Water, late 80's into the 90's, and balls/orbs? While my sighting was not metallic it was within just about a half mile from the ocean.

Is anyone aware of more recent sightings of similar metallic balls/orbs? It would seem the more prevalent sightings today are cigar shaped and wing shaped encounters.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
That was a very entertaining read.
I almost dare not say now that it reminded me of a solar eclips I witnessed in turkey 2006.
The part of that event that I enjoyed most was the enthousiasm of a japanese guy.
Just before the event he came running on the beach, setting up his telescopes and camera's.
And as the eclips occured he was cheering and jumping up and down with joy.
Made me very happy.

Oh, and if it's not one of those mini spaceships from men in black or a drone.
Maybe it's the spaceship of these little aliens of which one has been found.
The one they performed autopsy on.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Stereotypical much?

Maybe you should look at your own labeling before you go dishing out your contradictions.
edit on 17-2-2013 by Iam'___' because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good Story of probable military style probe.......however....your story was excellent...don't let the politically correct visionaries, and I mean LOL, get you tight just because they fail to understand that its ok to be different and thats the great flavor in humanity is our differences.......So.....call it as you see it...Sorry crybabies, your sensitivity to your interpretation of insensitivity puts you in your own classification...and thats a classification of people that save a whale or seal and partial birth abort a child! Dude, Im from So Cal and could really care less about the issues people have with taggin each other, so what? I love diversification thats not shoved down our throats by the neo con dems! Now ya'll all can be one of them....just wont be hanging with ya! Outta here......surfs up, chicks are hot and so is the sand......

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Awesome story.
Makes me wonder why skeptics have to exist. Why is it that for some people, someone recalling a memory to which they possess the most understanding of, isn't enough to make skeptical people even feel curious? I don't even know you or your friend Sam but I don't get the feeling that you're just making up stuff or that your friend made anything up. Is it because people just want to believe so badly in it, like people blindly believing in religion? In this case, I don't have to convince myself cause I have a similar story in which I saw something very bizarre in the sky, yet at the same time there are moments when perhaps I'm being made the fool......?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sorry, ain't buying it. Title says "True story", but the tale is told second hand (subjective). The word UFO is used to describe something unseen, again pinning a label on a second hand retelling.

There is no objective basis for this being a true tale or that it had anything to do with (actual) fact. UFO is a catch all in this one because its easily deniable ( I never said it was extraterrestrial).

The other elements like famous music, a gurgling brook, "at a party in Israel" with hippies and "UFO's" puts this one way over the top. I'm not even going to add the "extracurricular element" like the attention garnered from adding a stereotypical "clown". Every card was drawn from the deck for this one.

See thru the veil...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Sorry, ain't buying it. Title says "True story", but the tale is told second hand (subjective). The word UFO is used to describe something unseen, again pinning a label on a second hand retelling.

There is no objective basis for this being a true tale or that it had anything to do with (actual) fact. UFO is a catch all in this one because its easily deniable ( I never said it was extraterrestrial).

The other elements like famous music, a gurgling brook, "at a party in Israel" with hippies and "UFO's" puts this one way over the top. I'm not even going to add the "extracurricular element" like the attention garnered from adding a stereotypical "clown". Every card was drawn from the deck for this one.

See thru the veil...

I always thought UFO meant "Unidentified Flying Object" - not sure about it being used to describe something unseen, but maybe it is that as well.

As for hippies in Israel, there are a lot of them there, and in India. Also there are a LOT of parties in Israel called Nature Parties, where there are a lot of psychoactive drugs being used. I know, I've been there and done that

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

"Unidentified Flying Object" - not sure about it being used to describe something unseen, but maybe it is that as well.

I wasn't "there" either. How do you know what someone said someone else saw was real or not... let alone a "UFO".

Oh yah, theres that plausible deniability again. "Cause he never said that".

Riiight...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Iam'___'

Stereotypical much?

Maybe you should look at your own labeling before you go dishing out your contradictions.

What stereotype wasn't used in the telling of that "tale"? All she did was point them out. Thats not "contradictory" to anything but your blind belief in this "story", (not whether you think they exist).

I know they exist, I have seen a craft. Not a "small UFO" but an actual out of this world thing that I have no explanation for.

Notice I didn't call it a UFO? I don't know what it was.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I wasn't "there" either. How do you know what someone said someone else saw was real or not... let alone a "UFO".

Oh yah, theres that plausible deniability again. "Cause he never said that".

Riiight...

---

Stereotypical much?

What stereotype wasn't used in the telling of that "tale"? All she did was point them out. Thats not "contradictory" to anything but your blind belief in this "story", (not whether you think they exist).

I know they exist, I have seen a craft. Not a "small UFO" but an actual out of this world thing that I have no explanation for.

So was the craft Flying? It is obviously Unidentified because you don't know what it was... Right? Was it an Object? I'm just trying to piece together this acronym to see if it fits to what you claim to have seen.

Also, what are your standards that someone needs to document for you to believe? Pictures, video, sound? What "sightings" do you think are real? Can you prove what you said you saw?

As for this thread, I find the experience a bit on the mundane side of things but definitely interesting. However, this is not something like millions of people witnessing something in the sky and having their minds changed forever. I don't see the point for anyone to lie about a trivial experience, whatever that was. Just my opinion though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Also, what are your standards that someone needs to document for you to believe? Pictures, video, sound? What "sightings" do you think are real? Can you prove what you said you saw?

We don't have other than a second hand tale here. No pics, video or corroboration. But added up it fits well with any english lit class for components of any short story.

Don't you smell phony baloney right off when the title itself begins "true story"?

If you have to say that you are already asking people to just believe. See that? Oh, there will be no evidence or first hand or follow up, just this. This person is playing .

I cannot prove what I saw. Just added that so you understand I know they exist.

Like you said its one opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The word "hippy" and UFO together in the title don't give this story much credibility, no matter how fun or entertaining the story might be.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

ironic that you stereotype yourself isnt it.

interesting story non the less!
ive 'had a smoke hippy style' and played my guitar many a time and never seen a ufo or been visited by one while doing so.
people using that as an excuse to debunk anything is niave at best.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Sorry, I answered twice.

I don't see the point for anyone to lie about a trivial experience, whatever that was.

Welcome to the real world.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by raskadawg73

people using that as an excuse to debunk anything is niave at best.

Also "naive" to just believe a second hand story you think?

Sucker born every minute.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Also "naive" to just believe a second hand story you think?

Sucker born every minute.

Naive, no, trusting yes..

Logic says that the only things that know for sure if this is true are Sam the hippy, the other person in the story (won't say his racial origin in case the mad woman goes off
) and the alleged ball / probe (it was classed as intelligent so I will class it as such). One or all could be totally fictitious, we as readers have no clue.

Herein lies the problem with any story..

To doubt them all would be stupid as would be to trust them all so we have to use our own choices on this and his was to trust it while you and me would be sceptical based on zero provability but it does not mean its untrue.

This brings me to the rather annoying and stupid 'pics or it didn't happen' phrase, it really grinds my gears to quote Family Guy. People provide 'pics' all the time and are still not believed and rightly so with today's uber simple to use technology to alter / create photographs and video. Therefore it should be changed to 'pics or it might not have happened' or 'pics, what's the point'.

I also don't agree with people who point out stereo types in other peoples posts while using one in their as to disprove the others story. The fact the man is / was a hippy in no way means his mind was impaired by drugs etc, he could just agree with parts of the so called hippy lifestyle, I prefer to think of it as doing your own thing and cannot be stereo typed.

As for the story itself, its a nice story, I have no reason to disbelieve the story nor do I have a reason to completely believe it but I'm not going to attack the person for it.

People come on here to tell true stories, to tell deliberate lies or to relate stories from others, we as readers have to decide who is doing what and even then we may be wrong.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Sorry, I answered twice.

I don't see the point for anyone to lie about a trivial experience, whatever that was.

Welcome to the real world.

Ok, you must be right because you said it. There is no way this could be real because it is a story from a friend of a friend, and not a direct witness testimony because the testimony could be fake.

All over a small metallic sphere.

Anyways, you're not changing my mind. I'm not saying yes or no, but it's plausible and I don't think we will ever know the truth either way. Just like a LOT of things in life.

Also, you didn't answer my questions on your UFO spotting that is not a UFO =b (But that is probably untrue too!)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Stereotypical much?

I was merely pointing out that Druscilla called out the op for stereotyping whilst using stereotypes to cast doubt on the story (and that of the many thousands of stories involving a flying object that's unidentified and a free thinking person). That my friend is contradiction.

Where have I stated that I believe the story, blindly or not? That my friend is assumption, blind assumption at that.

You bang on about the story not being real because it's second hand yet expect us to believe your story of an unidentified flying object that's not a UFO (contradiction!). Who's to say your brain didn't conjure up the image? Who's to say that you wasn't catching glimpses of another dimension or a secret government tool or a craft with little green men? Maybe if you could explain definitively what reality is we may have a good platform from which to discern what is and isn't real. By definitive I mean without contradiction or assumption.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A metallica ball floating around? I believe it. I had a very similar encounter. There is something about the way the object moves.. you definitely feel it is intelligent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join