It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I am reading bits of the thread here and there....so far not even a mention of ''aliens'' or the ''pope'' in all the pages I have read...apart from those by Flavian and you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

The asteroid split into 2 pieces.
The show is over. It looks like sonic booms can cause damage if you are
directly below them.

We've always known that a shock wave can cause damage.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The Russians will give us all a full report in time for the 5 o'clock evening news.
Then we will know.
For now the show is over.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Are you demanding all posters show ''evidence''.

How about you go to Russia to the ice crater and bring back you own ''evidence''. This is ATS, people are online, not on ''evidence'' expeditions. Get real.

edit on 15-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

It is two smoke trails given off one piece of asteroid that is in the process of breaking up.

I feel like giving up. Clearly rational thought has gone out of the window and it is simply either "Them" or "TPTB" or "Aliens" attacking us.................

Sometimes it feels more and more like GLP here....

edit on 15-2-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

First off, how do you know that what struck was fully captured on film? I'm just saying, you're going by what?...video?...by what scientists are saying?...by easy/safe or assuring reasoning?

Your GLP remark is not only uncalled for but insulting. We're here because we naturally think outside the box and have become accustomed to questioning authority. Especially when the 'authority' comes in the form of the media or NASA.
So if we're not mature enough for your likings perhaps Mr Plait's Bad Astronomy would be a more appropriate venue for you

link   
reply to post by Daughter2

According to my own calculations based on videos, the whole event from entry to disentegration takes about 13 seconds. The meteorite becomes visible as it hits the upper atmosphere, travelling at about 30 km/s, then it explodes, and everything remaining of the object continues much slower.

The missile interception would only be possible if they knew its trajectory, I don't even mention the very fact of its existence, beforehand by large - meaning they would have to track this pretty small space stone in the space. And then, there are many factors which would affect the perfect mathematically predicted trajectory.

And I can imagine no realistic missile capable of aiming and reaching a 30 km/s flying object within 13 seconds.

link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Because neither Russia nor news reports ever LIE.

And you are not the decider of when a show starts and stops.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here what my sky camera pick up last night will have to check on time difference
It on the right hand side

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by Flavian

Are you demanding all posters show ''evidence''.

How about you go to Russia to the ice crater and bring back you own ''evidence''. This is ATS, people are online, not on ''evidence'' expeditions. Get real.

edit on 15-2-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

Yes, if they are making claims about it not being right - then show what you are making those claims off. If there is something to it, then great we have an extra dimensions to discuss (kind of the point of ATS). Without any evidence to demonstrate what you are discussing though you are simply blowing hot air.

That isn't an attack on you, by the way. Simply common sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Here what my sky camera pick up last night will have to check on time difference
It on the right hand side

Where was this? What is this? What are you suggesting? I apologize if you already explained this but I am bobbing about reading random posts instead of the thread in its entirety. So if you wouldn't mind, please explain (again?). Thanks Trillium

link   

link   

That kind of perfectly circular hole implies that the object came straight down. The hole should be elliptical based on the trajectory.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is a link to The Telegraph which explains the path of the meteorite in comparison to the 2012da14 asteroid.

some good info here

Russian Meteorite Explained

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Because neither Russia nor news reports ever LIE.

And you are not the decider of when a show starts and stops.

What are you looking for?

The show is over.
This cool video will probably be played in astronomy classes across America.

This is one of the benefits of everyone having a cell phone that can capture video!
This is what happens when an asteroid enters our atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok I hear reports from skeptics.org that it was just a band of scouts on a science trip who inadvertently let off some fire crackers on balloons, so its really nothing.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

That kind of perfectly circular hole implies that the object came straight down. The hole should be elliptical based on the trajectory.

I just logged on to say the exact same thing lol. You beat me by a few minutes !

That ice hole looks way too 'man made' rather than a meteorite traveling at 10,000 MPH at an angle. Too perfectly round.

TAB has a point here.

JG.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by chernobylsunset
www.youtube.com...

Came across this while watching uploaded videos of the meteor. 20 seconds in, any thoughts?

do you mean the bird?
or am i missing something

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stopbeingnaive

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

The asteroid split into 2 pieces.
The show is over. It looks like sonic booms can cause damage if you are
directly below them.

We've always known that a shock wave can cause damage.

And....

You aren't getting this are you.

Many things falling from space inc satellites bumped by meteors, missiles etc can cause many effects inc shock waves, as well as other explosions.

Funny the only building shown as damaged was a ''Zinc factory''.

It isn't as if anything else was possibly being manufactured there or anything huh?

Or that anywhere that considered it a threat, with some inside intel would want to send a missile into it or anything huh?

There are so many possibilities.

Perhaps those that ONLY have belief in a news report and something some government tells them should steer clear of conspiracy sites.

Everything is NOT always as it appears.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Here is a link to The Telegraph which explains the path of the meteorite in comparison to the 2012da14 asteroid.

some good info here

Russian Meteorite Explained

Good link. When the truth is revealed then the fear disappears.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join