It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+221 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

rt.com

A series of explosions in the skies of Russia’s Urals region, reportedly caused by a meteor shower, has sparked panic in three major cities. Witnesses said that houses shuddered, windows were blown out and cellphones stopped working.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/15/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

+93 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I know tonight or tomorrow was that asteroid was suppose to fly by and this happens in Russia, any connection to it I do not know..

Could this be the fly by asteroid or something, might want to keep an eye to the sky tonite all over the world I would say..

I am no expert so maybe someone else would know if this it or not...

Again Its breaking news!!!

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 14-2-2013 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983

I know tonight or tomorrow was that asteroid was suppose to fly by and this happens in Russia, any connection to it I do not know..

Could this be the fly by asteroid or something, might want to keep an eye to the sky tonite all over the world I would say..

it could be fragments breaking off, or maybe someone tried to fire a missle at it and it fragmented, though im pretty sure that would also be news

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah I hope Russia makes it through this. If Russia is gone, who's going to stop the NWO? China's drone army?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
NO way, really? you think it was that one due tomorrow?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
They added to the story since I posted it, here is the update..

"Office buildings in downtown Chelyabinsk are being evacuated. The regional Emergency Ministry said the phenomenon was a meteorite shower, but locals have speculated that it was a military fighter jet crash or a missile explosion."

rt.com...

something is happening for sure

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh # here come all the DA-14 doomsayers!.

Get ready, it's gonna be a tough one to get through their heads.

DA-14 doesn't pass until tomorrow.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

If you understand how large the earth is, and the size of DA-14. It's pretty far off actually. Da-14 is a microscopic piece of dust, next to the earth... It's nothing to worry about.

I'm curious as to what happened in Russia, but I really doubt it being related.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Found some videos recently uploaded, not sure if they are all actually from this "event" but were uploaded today.

edit on 14-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Still. The debris field before and after an asteroid. I'm betting this is from the pre asteroid.

Hope more doesn't tear up the Earth. :/ Who knows HOW huge of an area those pre and post asteroid debris fields consist of. :/ It IS passing uber close to us after all. Well, uber close for a giant asteroid and tons of thousands of miles.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I don't know, does it look like a meteorite or a fighter jet?

Experts.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Looks more like a missile.

If it came from space I would think NORAD knows it's source.
edit on 2/14/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
How common is it to have cell phone service to go out and windows broken from one meteorite?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Wow good find! Those explosions were spectacular! Wasn't expecting that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Wow... nice find OP, this is nutty. If the asteroid is to fly by tmrw, yet we have a meteorite shower like this today, if from that event can we conclude there may be more to come- frightening.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Interesting. I'm in one of the cities where this was reported, but I haven't noticed anything. I just went out to look at the sky, but everything appears normal.

link   
Here's another good video of the "asteroid".

What's weird is that last night I saw two meteorites fall in a pasture only a few hundred feet away from me within a 30 minute period. I wonder if they were tiny fragments from wherever this one came from.

link   
reply to post by usaman1983

they said some of it hit this factory:

link   
reply to post by sarra1833

What debris? It's not a comet, it's a solid chunk of rock in space only 46meters.( under 150ft). Anything that little boy is dragging shouldn't be capable of this. Anything smaller than itself it could even drag would have likely been ripped away on it's journey into the solar system. Bodies with a larger mass seem to have that effect on things in space.

I just don't see dust(which is about the only thing I see a 45m asteroid being capable of dragging). doing this.

Likely fragments from previous comet close passes. Which do throw off debris. I'd laugh if it was Elenin's debris stream.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

That trail it leaves seems rather odd do you not think? Could a meteorite create two "streams" like that? Two separate pieces maybe?
edit on 14-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join