It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite Crashes in Russia

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zoomer72

Ok where are the contrails of the missiles then?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Slip of the tounge on Sky News, upoming latest on meteor that hit central London. But back to horsemeat.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

I wouldn't care if it was powered by all the supercomputers in the world, nothing mankind has can stop a rock entering the atmosphere at those speeds.

The only way to stop something like that is to stop it before it gets close, and then you have to know it is incoming.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Pulkovo Obsevatory IS saying this is related to the upcoming asteroid:

Astronomers at the Pulkovo Observatory outside St Petersburg say they believe the meteorite that crashed into the South Urals this morning was linked to the approach of the 2012DA14 asteroid, which is to make a close shave with the Earth at a distance of just 27,000 kilometers tonight.

link english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

MOSCOW, February 15 (RIA Novosti) – Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests.

from here

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
reply to post by zoomer72

Ok where are the contrails of the missiles then?

I didnt say there were missiles i just said it could be done

edit on 2/15/2013 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Interesting that meteors are passing at the same time, and even striking the Earth.

One could allude to maybe a large unseen body travelling on the ecliptic that has passed through the main asteroid belt sending a few bowling balls in our direction..........Or not.

Ah, sensationalism and an active imagination.....a wonderful thing.

edit on 15-2-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by DangerDeath

Dude all these people just posted that it was traveling East to West. Now think for a second. What direction does the sun rise.

That was my impression from one of the videos. Actually, it was coming from Kazakhstan direction, that is from the south. Still, not from the Sun (east).

www.dailymail.co.uk... ws.html

The meteorite flew across the Russian sky from the direction of Kazakhstan, its trajectory going over southern Siberia, above the Tyumen, Kurgan and Sverdlovsk regions, said the head of the Urals regional branch of the Emergencies Ministry press service, Vadim Grebennikov. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ws.html#ixzz2KyMNLsKA Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXSvenXx
reply to post by woogleuk

Its not manual.
Do you think some poor sole has to calculate the trajectory himself?
And then press fire?
Im sure its all automatic.

Cheezus people....CRITICAL THINKING...isn't this the motto of ATS?

People heard the sonic booms (9 separate as far as I know) - out comes the tale of the Russians "shooting down" the meteor with their air defense.

This thing came in anywhere from 10km/sec to 20km/sec....entirely unpredicted...and you believe the Russians shot at it and HIT IT.....it's not a movie, people. There is no way with current technology.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Anyone seen this video yet? Pretty cool indoor footage of windows going out (apologies if it has been posted)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Haha I'm loving this,

Okay for the love of god, please use some logic people, what are the chances that a meteor strikes earth almost the same day as the big one will be approaching so close to earth ?

Ah when looking at the photos it wasn't traveling east to west lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I just heard on the afternoon news that another meteor has hit - again in Russia.

Anyone else heard this yet?

I'm looking for confirmation.

peace

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Well if that is truly the case then it would seem they are connected.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Originally posted by harryhaller
5. The Pulkovo Observatory seems to think there will be more

Interested in this aspect, do you have a link?

The Russie today update page:

rt.com...
Reading this page now it no longer appears???

Story changing:

12:24 GMT: The military had nothing to do with the aerial meteorite explosion, the Urals Emergency Ministry said: "Russia's defense ministry took no action connected to the incident. No aircrafts has been registered in the air at the given period of time." Earlier, there were unconfirmed reports that the military had shot down the falling meteorite, shattering it into pieces.

12:49 GMT: There’s practically “no chance” such incident could happen in the region again, the Russian Academy of Sciences said. Roshydromet monitoring systems have detected flybys of several meteorites overnight and in the morning.

Right.

link   
Another source also reporting it could be related to the asteroid:

Scientists from the Russian Academy of Science believe the meteorite could be an "advance guard" of the asteroid 2012 DA14, which is expected to bypass the Earth at an uncomfortably close distance of 27,000 km at 23:25 p.m. Moscow time (1925 GMT) on Friday.

link: news.xinhuanet.com...

link   

Originally posted by silo13
I just heard on the afternoon news that another meteor has hit - again in Russia.

Anyone else heard this yet?

I'm looking for confirmation.

peace

It seems there are allot of reports of meteors all over the world.
Please look at these links
www.kxl.com...
thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.be...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Well if that is truly the case then it would seem they are connected.

I was trying to point out that Russian scientist said they couldn't detect it because it was coming from the Sun

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Calm down ffs.

If true then their air defence system would have detected an incoming object then calculated the trajectory and then attempted to destroy it.
And if true probably did more harm than good by breaking it up into smaller pieces that spread out.
Where the hell did i say they stopped it?I didnt.
Im saying its possible they attempted to destroy it and barely scratched it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
here is some info from space safety magazine

Mayak nuclear complex
According to reports, the Mayak nuclear complex, one of the world’s biggest nuclear facilities located 72 km north-west of Chelyabinsk, was not affected by the incident.

asteroid 2012 DA14
Although many websites speculated on a possible connection with the close passage of asteroid 2012 DA14, European Space Agency experts said that it is just a coincidence and there is no relation to the asteroid which is expected to pass close to the Earth later on today.

UN Committee On the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space
Also coincidentally, today is the day that the UN COPUOS (United Nations Committee On the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space)working group on Asteroid Protection is being held in Vienna.
www.unitar.org...

lots of other good info on this site

source: www.spacesafetymagazine.com... campaign=Feed%3A+SpaceSafetyMagazine+%28Space+Safety+Magazine%29
edit on 15-2-2013 by lambchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just like in that movie 2012

"Do you really think the worlds governments and the ones in the know would tell you"?

especially G20 nations that have access to DUMBs, all the money, and resources.

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join