It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, asteroid near miss caused by Global Warming!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
At least that's what this CNN host seems to think when she questions Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Funny, thing is; I didn't hear him correct her or try to set her strait.

The stupidity of these people they put on the news never ceases to amaze me. I'd love to hear the explanation for how they think an asteroid could possibly be caused by global warming. :shk:
edit on 2/11/2013 by kosmicjack because: fixed title caps

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I dunno.

Same reason K remembering to leave a tip kept an asteroid from hitting the Earth?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's not so far-fetched.... Space is cold. Maybe the asteroid was lured here by global warming in order to warm its proverbial hands by the untended fire that man has created with his totally unnecessary usage of the planets resources. /sarcasm.

I hate the media SO damn much.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I firmly believe the movie Idiocracy was actually prophecy instead of comedy......

We should all watch that movie and weep.......

The fact that there doesnt seem to be a correction should further indicate just how hard line the agenda with this whole global warming thing is.........

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am surprised they don't say all the quakes in the world are from global warming. That birth weights for babies is going down due to global warming. Crap I am shocked they don't say that aliens are dying due to global warming. Give them time, I am sure they will come up with tons of new things.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I was looking for a full clip but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Bill Nye is getting so old.

Did anyone notice when the anchor tells him to make sure people know it won't be hitting us and not to get nervous, he says "Yeah, well you should get nervous but not about this."

Any idea what he is talking about?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Global Warming is caused by the media.

Ahhh I thought it was climate change that bought the asteroid near or was it global dimming or was it global cooling.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

double......
edit on 11-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

BILL NYE......

Science.....guy?

He is like the Lady Gaga of science......All show and no substance.

I lost respect for him after he was on SG1......His kids show was fun though.
edit on 11-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

"This one is one not to be worried about, it will miss us by 15 minutes".

Thanks science guy.... we won't worry.

Global warming? Really? HA! More like ocean warming. If anything we are headed for a mini- ice age.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Looks like clever editing. Was also posted yesterday.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I love that movie but it was definitely a prediction.

Clip for those who haven't seen it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Maybe we will have a severe thunderstorm and it'll shoot up some antimatter and blows the asteroid up.
That would lead to a whole bunch of new threads on ATS about our secret military projects including HAARP. I'm sure that our government would try to take credit for destroying the asteroid to put fear into the rest of the world

I like that guy, he gets exited about things in space. Does he still have his show on PBS?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino
Looks like clever editing. Was also posted yesterday.

What was edited exactly?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

At least that's what this CNN host seems to think when she questions Bill Nye the Science Guy.

Funny, thing is; I didn't hear him correct her or try to set her strait.

The stupidity of these people they put on the news never ceases to amaze me. I'd love to hear the explanation for how they think an asteroid could possibly be caused by global warming. :shk:

To set you straight a denser, thicker atmosphere would most certainly deflect or better incinerate incoming asteroids. And a the density of the atmosphere is in direct correlation to the temperature of our planet. But who knows with such a sort clip if he corrected her, but the length indicates an anti-Global Warming agenda when clearly the talking head was joking or stupid.

But No, Global warming cannot cause an asteroid...
edit on 11-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Atleast his wasnt talking to Bill.

CNN is like the smartest idiot in the room.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh for god's sake, everyone in the know understands what causes global warming. All the ideologically polluted hot air escaping from the politicians is a dangerously enormous amount.

Edit: Whoops! I misinterpreted which Bill there. D'oh.
edit on 2/11/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: Good god, I need to put my glasses on. I thought I was looking at Bill Maher.
To recap what I deleted, that should have stayed: I'm surprised Nye's still in front of cameras. I thought he'd have bored himself into oblivion by now after boring us to death as kids on Saturday mornings
If that clip wasn't edited cleverly, then holy crap, shame on everyone there for not correcting--thanks for feeding everyone their daily dose of "stay stupid".
edit on 2/11/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The stupidity of these people they put on the news never ceases to amaze me. I'd love to hear the explanation for how they think an asteroid could possibly be caused by global warming.

You haven't been following the MSM very well, have you?
dEvery bad thing is caused by "global warming;" which, in turn, is caused by conservative capitalists.

jw

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
To set you straight a denser, thicker atmosphere would most certainly deflect or better incinerate incoming asteroids. And a the density of the atmosphere is in direct correlation to the temperature of our planet. But who knows with such a sort clip if he corrected her, but the length indicates an anti-Global Warming agenda when clearly the talking head was joking or stupid.

But No, Global warming cannot cause an asteroid...

This was posted on Breitbart TV the same day it broadcast.
Nye did not correct her.

She posed the "global warming" question after she'd just reported on the "Northeast Blizzard," and considered its relation to "global warming. They went to a commercial and returned to Nye for the asteroid.
The clip has not been edited, Deb Feyerick was not corrected and she was not joking.

I've heard that The Onion wants to buy-out her contract.

jw

edit on 11-2-2013 by jdub297 because: i

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join