It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Discovery channel show "what they dont want you to know" uses sub messages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok this is beyond anything I have ever posted before as I dont usually go in for these sort of shenanigans with Subliminal mind control and that old chestnut. I always put it down to people with over active imaginations who saw too much into things and were clasping at straws......That is untill this morning.

A little about me with regards to how my sight works. For whatever reason be in genetic or physiological my brain can pick up on very fast moving object on tv and in movies. I first discovered this while watching a projected movie at a friends house that was using a DLP projector. I could see what is knows as rainbows in the image.

Potential Problem with DLP: The Rainbow Effect If there is one single issue that people point to as a weakness in DLP, it is that the use of a spinning colour wheel to modulate the image has the potential to produce a unique visible artifact on the screen that folks refer to as the "rainbow effect," which is simply colours separating out in distinct red, green, and blue. Basically, at any given instant in time, the image on the screen is either red, or green, or blue, and the technology relies upon your eyes not being able to detect the rapid changes from one to the other. Unfortunately some people can.

www.ausmedia.com.au...

Now it turns out its not common to see rainbows but everyone has the potential to see them if they know where to look or how to look.

So anyway getting back to the Title. I have an app on my smartphone called How stuff works. There are some excellent pod casts about great topics and a heap of shows. one such show I like to entertain myself with is "stuff they dont want you to know" which is pretty much a show about "conspiracy" theories. its a neatly packaged product which some might say is more tongue in cheek than conspiracy theory but if you dont take it too seriously it can be mildly educational. Well I decided to lounge in this Sunday morning and watch a couple of shows on my phone. The first thing that caught my "eye" was a 3 part show about one of (in my opinion) the most influential men of the 20th century Eddie Bernays, In a nut shell he was the nephew of Sigmund Freud and is considered the Grandfather of public relations and propaganda, yeah thats kind of a big deal.

So having watched the first episode called Edward Bernays: Part 1 Of cigarettes and suffragettes, which is an amazing insight to his genius and how he made it socially acceptable for women to smoke by linking smoking and liberty together. I moved on to the next video in the series called, Edward Bernays, Part 2: How to Sell a War. which is where the fun started. I'll link to the video here
Edward Bernays, Part 2: How to Sell a War

If anybody know how to embed the video go right ahead its not You tube.

So Here I was watching this show when I noticed a flashing or flicker in between. I though I was seeing things and had to scroll back about 3 times before I was convinced that there was something in between the frames. And low and behold at exactly 4:15 there is this image in between and right where the voice over says " this isnt to say that Bernays was necessarily a bad man.."

this took me about 2 minutes to get the exact spot but you can see it scan past if you are watching it at normal speed. If you want to download all the shows and watch them on your own player here is the link

www.howstuffworks.com...

Also immediately following what looks like the all seeing eye in a pyramid there is a flash of green. I dont know if this is to anchor the image in your subconscious but I suspect its not there by accident. This happens at 4:18

And then you have a clip from what looks like government propaganda video promoting war that Bernays was hired to convince the public was a good idea, showing an eagle draped in the American flag and then zooms into the eye of the eagle superimposed by the unfinished pyramid. keep in mind the eye of Horus was a hawk, this happens at 4:29

The video itself is brightly colored and flashing again maybe trying to anchor the image into the subconscious.

Check out the video when you guys get a chance and would love to get some feedback on it.

I knew people in advertising like Coke used to do this stuff in the 60's 70's and 80's but I thought it was outlawed to use subliminal messaging in broadcasts. Keep in mind that Discovery communications which produces the show and all the shows on the "How stuff works" site is global.

Edit to add: The time stamps I quoted are based on the downloaded episode NOT the one on the on the actual page. So the timing might be off a couple of seconds.
edit on 26-1-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It might also be of interest to note that the now COO of Discovery Channel is none other than
Peter Ligouri the former head of FOX Entertainment

Peter Ligouri Named Discovery COO

SILVER SPRING, Md. — Discovery Communications Inc., which owns Discovery, TLC and other cable channels, on Monday named Peter Liguori as chief operating officer, effective Jan. 19. He replaces Mark Hollinger, 50, who became chief executive of Discovery Networks International. Liguori, 49, was recently entertainment president for Fox Broadcast Co., a unit of News Corp. He also was CEO of News Corp.'s FX Networks, which encompasses FX and Fox Movie Channel. Under Liguori, the audience reach of FX more than doubled to 84 million in five years, according to Discovery. At Discovery, Liguori will oversee Discovery Studios, as well as marketing, corporate communications and corporate affairs, business affairs and media technology, production and operations. He will represent Discovery in joint ventures with Hasbro Inc. and OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. Liguori also will be chairman of Discovery's content committee, a group comprising general networks from its U.S. cable channels. Shares of Discovery Communications added 37 cents to $31.75 in midday trading.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I am the same way, it drives my wife nuts when we watch movies or commercials. I find myself not focused on the main action, more on what's going on the backround.

I watched it and yes I did catch it, there were a couple of other questionable spots.

S&F
Thanks

spez

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPEZNA1
I am the same way, it drives my wife nuts when we watch movies or commercials. I find myself not focused on the main action, more on what's going on the backround.

I watched it and yes I did catch it, there were a couple of other questionable spots.

S&F
Thanks

spez

Oh yes indeed there are more but for the sake of the post I decided to only focus on the most obvious. thanks for the feedback.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This is interesting to me, and yes, subliminal messaging is illegal for the common folk if you get what I mean. I had read a thread on here, or seen something on youtube that there will be something on tv that everyone will see, and it will do something to us all.....Yes, it does sound far-fetched, but, is it really??? It makes you wonder....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
This is interesting to me, and yes, subliminal messaging is illegal for the common folk if you get what I mean. I had read a thread on here, or seen something on youtube that there will be something on tv that everyone will see, and it will do something to us all.....Yes, it does sound far-fetched, but, is it really??? It makes you wonder....

Do you know the name of the youtube video or a link to it?

Like I said I used to think this was more funny than serious. Well it looks like this is more serious than it is funny.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is really interesting, although I have not even watched the videos yet, which don't seem to work for my phone, so that sucks, but the op was descriptive. But what I wonder is what does flashing a pyramid with an eye on it do to a person sub-conscious, you know, how can it really affect someone?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Do you know the name of the youtube video or a link to it?

Like I said I used to think this was more funny than serious. Well it looks like this is more serious than it is funny.

Please do not take offense to what i'm about to say, I cannot remember when or where I seen it. People refer to people who seek the truth is going "Down the rabbit hole" My trip started about 3 yrs ago, and it had way too many things happening at the same time to be a fluke. It is too much stuff to list in a post, if you'd like to hear about my trip, u2u me.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. You're just seeing what you want to see. They are just using this fad to sell records. Wait.... wrong thread

Seriously though. Whats more disturbing in the first screen capture isn't the fact it's there (which is disturbing enough), it's whats going on in that image.

S&F for you. This sort of thing is prevalent on a much greater scale than most people are comfortable admitting or dealing with.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Nice find. These "subliminal" images seems to be widespread in all kinds of modern entertainment, even though like you said it was supposed to have been banned ages ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
This is really interesting, although I have not even watched the videos yet, which don't seem to work for my phone, so that sucks, but the op was descriptive. But what I wonder is what does flashing a pyramid with an eye on it do to a person sub-conscious, you know, how can it really affect someone?

Well Im not sure, I would be guessing at best and my guess would be a reminder that we are all slaves to the all seeing eye and for our subconscious to recognize it as a symbol of power. Its all symbology and the only power it has is the one they assign it and then feed into our subconscious minds to trigger or activate. Its a bit like NLP and suggestive reasoning. They first teach you what the symbol means via rumor and hearsay and then they drop it in shows like this to remind you that you are still a slave and to act like one.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Not far fetched at all... but...

What about those that do not own nor watch TV? Are they safe?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Nothing to see here. You're just seeing what you want to see. They are just using this fad to sell records. Wait.... wrong thread

Seriously though. Whats more disturbing in the first screen capture isn't the fact it's there (which is disturbing enough), it's whats going on in that image.

S&F for you. This sort of thing is prevalent on a much greater scale than most people are comfortable admitting or dealing with.

I would be interested to see what you see in the first screen shot.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YapTalk

Not far fetched at all... but...

What about those that do not own nor watch TV? Are they safe?

well I caught this on my smart phone app so it doesnt matter what medium you use. The old saying TV will rot your brain now doesnt apply to just TV. it applies to all forms of multimedia.

Basically anybody with an agenda can manipulate you unless you are paying attention. So to answer your question NO they are NOT safe.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

It appears that the shape of the green flash in the second shot, mimics the shape of the lighter areas in the background of the first pic.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't ever venture into these threads...

That said, I looked for what the OP is talking about and it's indeed there.

The second image with the Eagle doesn't seem like a big deal compared to the other one.

I say this because the Eagle image is shown for a good second or more. The other "All seeing eye" image is shown for what appears to be a fraction of a second. It's hard to even get a screen-grab of it, but I got it, and it's what is in the OP.

The "All seeing eye" image is FREAKY. It has no business being there in such a short amount of time.

But it could just be the producers messing with the viewers...

At the same time, that's a rather hard thing to find - making it a successful "joke".

Strange... As hell...

And yeah - the first image is flashed during a part that has nothing to do with what they are talking about. With the Eagle, that's a different story... But that first image is, in my opinion, something odd and shouldn't be there.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I don't ever venture into these threads...

That said, I looked for what the OP is talking about and it's indeed there.

The second image with the Eagle doesn't seem like a big deal compared to the other one.

I say this because the Eagle image is shown for a good second or more. The other "All seeing eye" image is shown for what appears to be a fraction of a second. It's hard to even get a screen-grab of it, but I got it, and it's what is in the OP.

The "All seeing eye" image is FREAKY. It has no business being there in such a short amount of time.

But it could just be the producers messing with the viewers...

At the same time, that's a rather hard thing to find - making it a successful "joke".

Strange... As hell...

And yeah - the first image is flashed during a part that has nothing to do with what they are talking about. With the Eagle, that's a different story... But that first image is, in my opinion, something odd and shouldn't be there.

yeah as you say regardless its not something that should be in the video and as such raises suspicion.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I tracked down the original cartoon used in the graphics for this program.

This trippy tribute to our country's 200th birthday was funded by a Bicentennial Project Grant and animated by Vincent Collins who made other psychedelic cartoons. This film was produced by the United States Information Agency -the government's propaganda agency.

archive.org...#

If you watch the video at the 1:36 mark, you can see how the eagle eye morphs int the eye of Horus and then into Mount Rushmore.

edit on 27-1-2013 by hashslinger because: Added time mark

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by hashslinger

This trippy tribute to our country's 200th birthday was funded by a Bicentennial Project Grant and animated by Vincent Collins who made other psychedelic cartoons. This film was produced by the United States Information Agency -the government's propaganda agency.

archive.org...#

If you watch the video at the 1:36 mark, you can see how the eagle eye morphs int the eye of Horus and then into Mount Rushmore.

edit on 27-1-2013 by hashslinger because: Added time mark

so now i know where the first screen grab comes from, right after the camera zooms into the eye and just before the eye turns into mount Rushmore. I wonder why they decided to use that particular scene to flash.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hashslinger
You certainly did. I just got done watching it.

Cancel my FEMA camp reservations, they won't be needed now.
Has anyone seen a military recruiter around here somewhere?
The urge to serve my country (again) has never been this great.

Oh, and can we get hotdogs while on the way?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join