It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Discovery channel show "what they dont want you to know" uses sub messages

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hashslinger

Wow, just watched that video, really trippy. I decided to mute it and listen to Serj Tanakian's Unthinking Majority while it played and I was very amused.

Very strange stuff though.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Originally posted by hashslinger
I tracked down the original cartoon used in the graphics for this program.
You certainly did. I just got done watching it.

Cancel my FEMA camp reservations, they won't be needed now.
Has anyone seen a military recruiter around here somewhere?
The urge to serve my country (again) has never been this great.

Oh, and can we get hotdogs while on the way?

Got my lunch packed and will be swinging past all your houses to pick you guys up in a white van.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by hashslinger

Wow, just watched that video, really trippy. I decided to mute it and listen to Serj Tanakian's Unthinking Majority while it played and I was very amused.

Very strange stuff though.

watching it was giving me a headache. there is some major disharmony in that video. I dont know how people considered it normal man the 70's were messed up.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
It might also be of interest to note that the now COO of Discovery Channel is none other than
Peter Ligouri the former head of FOX Entertainment

Peter Ligouri Named Discovery COO

SILVER SPRING, Md. — Discovery Communications Inc., which owns Discovery, TLC and other cable channels, on Monday named Peter Liguori as chief operating officer, effective Jan. 19. He replaces Mark Hollinger, 50, who became chief executive of Discovery Networks International. Liguori, 49, was recently entertainment president for Fox Broadcast Co., a unit of News Corp. He also was CEO of News Corp.'s FX Networks, which encompasses FX and Fox Movie Channel. Under Liguori, the audience reach of FX more than doubled to 84 million in five years, according to Discovery. At Discovery, Liguori will oversee Discovery Studios, as well as marketing, corporate communications and corporate affairs, business affairs and media technology, production and operations. He will represent Discovery in joint ventures with Hasbro Inc. and OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. Liguori also will be chairman of Discovery's content committee, a group comprising general networks from its U.S. cable channels. Shares of Discovery Communications added 37 cents to $31.75 in midday trading.

This ^^^ is definitely worth noting. That's the thing with the whole subliminal/mind-control stuff.. I often have a hard time believing that there are that many people amidst the entire production team (directors, producers, editors, etc..) that are "in on it". Like with some of the music videos people say have subliminal messages.. having drummed for some (albeit, lower-level) music video shoots, I have an idea of how hands-on the process of video production is. So in reality, it would mean that whoever has an invested interest in executing these subliminal messages would have to be present when the editing is being done. And video editors are certainly not very high up on the financial food-chain, so sometimes it's hard for me to imagine that there are so many editors who would go along with it, take the orders and insert the subliminal stuff, and not speak up about it more often. But who knows, maybe it's easier to make happen than I think. I just need to be able to picture the process in detail to whole-heartedly subscribe to any given theory. But the fact that dude used to work for FOX is significant. Maybe he brought his chief editor along with him to Discovery? Good thread, nice find
edit on 27-1-2013 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yeah I did feel a little light headed after I finished watching it, I wonder how many seizures it caused.

And I caution anyone with photosensitive epilepsy, DO NOT WATCH IT.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I can't say exactly what you have found here OP, in fact, I have been in about the same boat as yourself concerning subliminal messages and mind-control and all of that. When I was very young I became aware of the subliminal message thing and I was interested in it and would try to look at movies and such for what you have found, so I was very interested in your thread.

I am very familiar with the life of Edward Bernays, I was made aware of Edward through Adam Curtis' documentaries and I sought out information on my own from there...

I dig symbolism, like a lot of folks. And I have gotten used to dissecting pretty complex compound symbols. I have also had an interest in secret societies and their compound symbols are some of my favourites.

I hesitate to bring this up. Because folks might presume that it has more to do with me than what you found in that video; and it may.

But take a look at this...

Of course, that's Aleister Crowley's personal seal. It is riddled with overt and covert sexual symbolism compounded together as one awful whole. That being said...

This...

...although the interpretation is very impressionistic in comparison, is one of the most overtly sexual 'symbols' I have ever seen. It's pyramidal shape definitely expressing it as a symbol for...

...???

Excellent find.

Probably harmless.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If i had a time machine, i would go back and kill Berney's as an infant. That man has done so much to shape our current society, and the polarization of everything, that his theories should have never been set upon the world.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

If i had a time machine, i would go back and kill Berney's as an infant.

But then how could we begin to learn to outwit him?

2nd.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

It might also be of interest to note that the now COO of Discovery Channel is none other than
Peter Ligouri the former head of FOX Entertainment

Peter Ligouri Named Discovery COO

SILVER SPRING, Md. — Discovery Communications Inc., which owns Discovery, TLC and other cable channels, on Monday named Peter Liguori as chief operating officer, effective Jan. 19. He replaces Mark Hollinger, 50, who became chief executive of Discovery Networks International. Liguori, 49, was recently entertainment president for Fox Broadcast Co., a unit of News Corp. He also was CEO of News Corp.'s FX Networks, which encompasses FX and Fox Movie Channel. Under Liguori, the audience reach of FX more than doubled to 84 million in five years, according to Discovery. At Discovery, Liguori will oversee Discovery Studios, as well as marketing, corporate communications and corporate affairs, business affairs and media technology, production and operations. He will represent Discovery in joint ventures with Hasbro Inc. and OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network. Liguori also will be chairman of Discovery's content committee, a group comprising general networks from its U.S. cable channels. Shares of Discovery Communications added 37 cents to $31.75 in midday trading.

This ^^^ is definitely worth noting. That's the thing with the whole subliminal/mind-control stuff.. I often have a hard time believing that there are that many people amidst the entire production team (directors, producers, editors, etc..) that are "in on it". Like with some of the music videos people say have subliminal messages.. having drummed for some (albeit, lower-level) music video shoots, I have an idea of how hands-on the process of video production is. So in reality, it would mean that whoever has an invested interest in executing these subliminal messages would have to be present when the editing is being done. And video editors are certainly not very high up on the financial food-chain, so sometimes it's hard for me to imagine that there are so many editors who would go along with it, take the orders and insert the subliminal stuff, and not speak up about it more often. But who knows, maybe it's easier to make happen than I think. I just need to be able to picture the process in detail to whole-heartedly subscribe to any given theory. But the fact that dude used to work for FOX is significant. Maybe he brought his chief editor along with him to Discovery? Good thread, nice find
edit on 27-1-2013 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

As a guess I would say there is a high likely hood that any COO would bring along his chief editor. As they would know each other and know how they each operate. From experience in the corporate environment that I myself have observed when any high ranking position is filled by someone from outside the company they usually surround themselves with people they can trust which is usually people they have worked with previously.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Century of the self should be mandatory viewing to all high school kids and college kids. I first saw it about 8 years ago and it still blows my mind as much as it did back then. I dont think people have even the faintest clue as to how much they are manipulated on a daily basis. Its scary really, as for your views on the topic I would love to hear more. Feel free to post as mush info as you care to I dont mind at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
If i had a time machine, i would go back and kill Berney's as an infant. That man has done so much to shape our current society, and the polarization of everything, that his theories should have never been set upon the world.

There is a very old saying that a man will usually meet his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. The adversaries in our lives are doing us more of a service than you can possibly imagine. Forcing us to evolve to newer levels of consciousness. We should thank them not dam then. If we lived in a perfect world there would be no growth no evolution no change and no time. It all works out in the end we all just have to play our part.
edit on 27-1-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Good catch, I hope this hasn't affected me in any way...

Wait, hang on, this idea is ridiculous, very much so, who uses subliminal messages these days. Nothing to see here people, carry on about your daily routine, moreover ignore what your being told and shown.

With that said, do not follow the trail either, it leads nowhere.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II

Wait, hang on, this idea is ridiculous, very much so, who uses subliminal messages these days. Nothing to see here people, carry on about your daily routine, moreover ignore what your being told and shown.

You want us to " servey our master"?

yeah sure why not.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

yeah sure why not.

Lmao

FAIL

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

There is a very old saying that a man will usually meet his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. The adversaries in our lives are doing us more of a service than you can possibly imagine. Forcing us to evolve to newer levels of consciousness. We should thank them not dam then. If we lived in a perfect world there would be no growth no evolution no change and no time. It all works out in the end we all just have to play our part.

I see your point regarding the evolution of our society, but at this point i don't think the damage that his theories have done, can be undone. People are at a point that their inner narcissists have become the dominant part of societies personality, which has lead us to a position of no compromise on any issues. 10 years ago did you hear every 6 months, about the latest "Fiscal Armageddon" that's going on in government, because no one would work together until the 11th hour? This type of government quagmire is all because people's viewpoints have become so narcissistic (they can't see another's viewpoints) that we only elect those who will act without compromise.

Selling a message by getting a person to think subconciously about it in a selfish manner, is ultimately what markting/PR people try to do.

These types of subliminal messaging is done all the time in the news. Fox news for example, with the slogan of "We report, YOU decide" is a textbook narcissistic hook. It's giving the individual viewer, every time that they hear that slogan, a sense of individual empowerment for being able to "choose" their news.

Frankly - when i watch tv, it's fun to try and figure out the narcissistic hooks in all advertisements. "Hmm what is this car commercial trying to tell me..." Even look at this TLDR advertisement that's all over ATS right now. The quote they're using from cnet is basically saying "If you want to be informed, and have a brain, then use this app". The average american, 10 years ago, saw 1,100 advertisements a week, and that number has most likely grown exponentially with how ad ridden the internet is. That's a lot of subliminal messaging telling the general population to be selfish.

The right believes that they're entitled to all the money they make, while ignoring the fact that without society they wouldn't make a dime. The left believes that they're entitled to a utopian life, while ignoring that not everyone wants that utopia society. Both sides are refusing to find a middle ground (the right more then the left though) on any issues.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

very well said i have to applaud that statement whole heartedly i could have never thought of it this way but i agree 100 percent the mind and reality is mind boggling at best but with our race as much as we do to each other we could never impeed progress our minds are too powerful this is from god exsitance or w/e you want to call it but keep in mind it might get scary and such just realize that we have a purpose like a karmic effect and the above post clearly states that ramble ramble lol dont listen to me

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

yeah sure why not.

Priceless

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

What did you think one of the main symbolism of the all seeing eye was? It's sexual, and also means the eye of the divine that sees everything (because in occult stuff all life is one with different keyhole-viewpoints). On the subliminal eye, it had to be an in-joke of the producer or film editor, or they were just playing. I don't see the harm in the symbol or that subliminal picture, at least it's not advertising a product as much as presenting an agreed-upon symbol to the subconscious to give people more awareness. Nice thread, thanks.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Some of the most useful methods for manipulating people are methods that sound like science fiction, but are clearly a reality. Subliminal influence is a science with roots hundreds of years old a d can be achieved in many ways, one of which is flashing images faster than the eye can see. It's certainly not "out there", this is perfectly sound science which is used against us all the time in ways we'll never be able to detect.

That's where I have trouble with the premise of this thread; the images in question flash far too slowly, almost anyone could see the flicker if they were watching carefully. That's not how real subliminal messages would be implemented, they would flash so quickly that it would be impossible for anyone to see them despite how good their eye sight was. You'd need to decompile the footage and go through it frame by frame.

Even that wouldn't be enough though if they wanted to unsure their messages would go undetected. They would probably spread the subliminal message over several frames in a very abstract way which wouldn't look like anything to anyone looking at any single frame. It would be extremely difficult to reconstruct the original subliminal image even if you knew the method used. However the full image will easily be picked up by our subconscious mind when we view the sequence of tampered frames.

That would be a pretty safe way to go about it without being caught out, but even what I just described is probably simpler and much less complicated than the techniques they use to hide images within the frames. In fact the safest option is actually just to put their messages in plain sight, but make it look coincidental or accidental. Not many people pay attention to small unimportant background things in a show so it works just as well as fast flashing images.

And for those few who do notice, they'll never really know or be able to prove whether it's some sort of sinister message or not... who really knows right? Plenty of them certainly are just coincidences, only the paranoid insane person believes there are absolutely no coincidences. It's a mix imo, some are just coincidences and others are completely intentional. The trap is to see the real coincidences and then think that it's all just a coincidental joke believed by fools.

I'll tell you this much. Science of the human mind is no joke. It's the single most important factor of any society.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join