It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief Message for the Public From a CIA Agent

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is one of those things that I think most people know is bad but we do it anyway. I try to limit television, and most people I know do too. But as I posted previously it is not because of awareness, but because 9gag is more fun; I do not see TV playing the role to our kids that it did to us.

However, people should still be educated. You can bet that whatever replaces TV will also be co-opted by the bad guys. It is not about television, but about propaganda. Or marketing as Bill Hicks would call it:

I see his point.

This is a good relevant video too:

Now with that off my chest. I still see a danger, even if propaganda was off the table. One could argue that by bringing exotic experiences to the living room you are nullify ambition to experience life in person. I am on the fence on that argument. I think it would be just as easy to say that by bringing exotic experiences to the living you are encouraging someone to get out there and live if for themselves. I suppose, for me, it comes down to parenting. I know families that turn into zombies when the tube goes on, and I know families that can never sit through a movie.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 0ptw0

Yes, I'd have to agree with you on this. Is the internet just as equally a culprit as TV? Of course it is.

I often catch myself in a zombie like trance surfing the web. Sites including: Youtube, Reddit, other miscellaneous entertainment sites, and ATS?
ok, so adding ATS was a joke, but don't crucify me just yet. To be fair though, it is conspiracy after conspiracy. Some of which have actually got me to open my eyes, and learn not to just accept everything that I'm being fed by the MSM, sites, and my PEERS, for no one else in my circle of friends were any more enlightened than I was in my earlier years without ATS, or the wiser.

Regardless of any facts presented about the MSM, television or the like, good or bad, none can force upon any persons to change, no matter how much insight into what evils therein lie. Maybe the masses enjoy being controlled.

As for me, I can't wait for that new gaming console, oh snap, and that new movie that looks really awesome too! But not when it's too crowded, that gives me time to finish the 5th season of my newest favorite TV show. Time to post about it all
right after I research more on the Illuminati on ATS. I know this circle of lies ends somewhere

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh fun patents that scare people time. Don't worry; they really unsettle me, too.

There are more than just this one. This patent is just one of the funnier ones because it's for Popeil Industries aka Ronco aka an infomercial spewing direct marketing company. I always knew there was something seriously scary about infomercials. Who knew? lol

www.google.com...

I don't watch tv. Haven't watched it willingly in 20 years. I used to sit and watch my parents watch tv. Scared me to death. It's like there was nobody home and that's what repelled me from it. Honestly though, we're approaching a time where biometrics are going to be used to bombard us with positive or negative subliminal messaging within stores in case we don't have a good enough credit report or make enough money.

www.google.com...

Kramer and Angell are both IBM inventors though, if I recall correctly one consults and the other is regularly employed.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Taxes is not slavery and theft...I pay taxes... get protection from other nations wanting to bomb my home and take my land, etc.

The media message has struck the target.

"Protection from nations wanting to bomb my home"...

"Protection from all those forks and knives in my kitchen ready to rocket up into the air and attack my flesh"...

"I am not a slave, I just fear all those mishaps that might happen, please protect me, I will pay you. And you know what, you better attack them before they attack my home, I don't care if someone in those countries would blame my whole nation for those wars."

Thinking that there is some evil nation to attack you strangely correlates with positive attitude to all means of indoctrination, not only tv.

In short, you take several herds of sheeple, make them think they are the threat to each other, supply them with tanks and bombs, and enjoy your profit.
edit on 27-1-2013 by CaptainAbstract because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
quick summery.

if you watch t.v. you will turn into a democrat.

Isn't the opposite of a democrat a communist?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by theAnswer1111

I can’t watch the video now because American Idol is on…sorry!

I guess he was simply implying that TV is used to brainwash people. Personally, I think the average college does a much better job at brainwashing and indoctrination than TV ever could.

If anything, when you’re watching TV, do NOT watch the MSM. Now THAT is full of propaganda!

Disagree. Tv reaches children the day they are brought home from the hospital. Many parents use it as a babysitter. Believe me. There is plenty of propaganda in sponge bob and Dora the explorer. Later in life you get programs like that Miley Cyrus nutcase. There is propaganda in the show and then her antics outside of it. Kids get too enamored with it and begin emulating her vs independent thought.

Then later we have homeland and dexter. Or west wing? Plenty of propaganda in those.

We disconnected from cable over 3 years ago. Haven't missed it at all. Admittedly we do stream Netflix but that lows us to control it better. The kids get all As and have hobbies and things to do other than watch the boob tube.

Btw. Perhaps someone mentions it in the replies but I didn't see it: Obama, upon becoming president in 2008, made on of his first official acts to delay the removal of analog television signals and to further fund the digital conversion vouchers. Why would this be a presidential concern you may ask? Because it is hard to control your useful idiots if they can sit in front of the mind control device and drool on themselves while getting their marching orders. They may actually wake up and think for themselves since they wouldn't have something to numb their minds. Can't have the plebes askin questions!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I watch a bit of TV but what is it that the TV is supposed to be embedding in my brain?

I don't go out and buy anything on a whim.
I don't support war with Iran -- or anyone without a long smell test.
I don't trust the government or corporations implicitly.

Other than feeling a bit tired because I have an ADHD condition such that "boredom wears me out" -- I don't know what the goal is here.

What controls do I need look for?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

No controls, when you're on the losing end of the game, you'll see that you have retained quite a bit of the television you watch and it will surface in your reality. Take for example the lady from the movie Requiem for a dream www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Okay, first off, I dont watch much TV at all, but did he say why???
Because people are becoming vegatitive? Lazy?
Or is there some other nefarious reason, like the highly illegal subliminal messages that he might be hinting at?

He's saying TV brainwashes you, makes you start believing the way they want you to. Just like young girls grow up watching all these reality tv shows, they end up mimicking the actions from TV. Makes it alot easier for you to believe the TPTB when they come on TV and tell you we was attacked by terrorists from Afghanistan, your more than likely to believe it if you are already brainwashed from television.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This should be the top topic on ATS. Doesn't matter if a CIA agent actually told this guy or not....it's still the truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

That's cool that you feel that way. I'm glad it's spreading as much as it is because it's a profoundly important message.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fair play to Bill Hicks there, hadn't seen that before. I should imagine at the time people were watching that and not having a clue what the hell he was talking about. Ahead of his time?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

What you say is true but it is important for kids to be taught what is important and right and honerable.

These things just do not seem to be a high priority for parents these days.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

I watch a bit of TV but what is it that the TV is supposed to be embedding in my brain?

I don't go out and buy anything on a whim.
I don't support war with Iran -- or anyone without a long smell test.
I don't trust the government or corporations implicitly.

Other than feeling a bit tired because I have an ADHD condition such that "boredom wears me out" -- I don't know what the goal is here.

What controls do I need look for?

1) the way things are is the only way they could be

2) history and science are for other people to think about

3) science knows everthing real, all histories say the same thing

4) heirarchies are the only form of human organization

5) the govenment is highest decision maker

6) the government and or experts are supposed to run things

7) we live in a democracy, therefore we are free

8) freedom is lesure time

9) the government is supposed to take care of you

10) you live for the system, the system doesn't exsist to enable you.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Di0nysis
Can you summarise the message for those of us unable to watch the video please?

Or for us who don't care....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
What you say is true but it is important for kids to be taught what is important and right and honerable.

These things just do not seem to be a high priority for parents these days.

Split Infinity

That is true, I do not disagree.

But remember parents now have all grown up on TV. Even my parents were not yet of the TV cultured generation.

TV was the best invention for social conditioning the masses, ever made.

edit on 2/3/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
This thread is relevant to my interests.

I unplugged in 2007. During the Bush Years of Terror, I was mainly watching C-span/C-span2. But I couldn't justify paying for cable (satellite) just for the C-span.... as internet speeds have been increasing I can now get all my C-span streaming from the official site anyway.

Now have almost zero tolerance for the TV, especially the commercials. Commercial radio stations are also turned off because the commercials are so mind numbingly obnoxious. Yesterday, head on the FM station a car insurance commercial for G-company followed immediately by a car insurance commercial for P-company.

My Withdrawal from TV was not all perfect. I suffered some time with a DVD/CD addiction. I was trying to replace my one drug with another.

Yet the internet may turn out to be the most perfect drug of them all..... I get the information I want, when I want it. Sometimes I have to dig through piles of crap to select the true nuggets (like the image I posted above) but the learning has not been wasted. Nixon knew exactly what he was talking about.

Now they don't believe it unless they saw it on the internet. Hate to tell you but the internet has many more lies than the mainstream media could ever think of, yet watching TV is dangerous, but watching internet videos is harmless. Anyone see the irony?
edit on 5-2-2013 by sligtlyskeptical because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

But, if you can see through the lies the internet is the best tool for truth hunting.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

But the internet isn't just a passive stream of what they want to feed you, you can interact with it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join