It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief Message for the Public From a CIA Agent

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I forgot to add this quote from Mr. E=MC squared:

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” - Albert Einstein

edit on 2/5/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/5/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It is not so much the TV being a problem but the lack of ability of people in being able to tell the difference between TV and real life.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
It is not so much the TV being a problem but the lack of ability of people in being able to tell the difference between TV and real life.

Of course. The TV is just an inanimate object, no one forces you to watch it. But people do.

The problem is what is shown on TV generally fits a very narrow view of what life is, what to expect in life, what is important. Kids growing up on TV think what they see is how the world is, and how it should be. There is no alternative shown, nothing to teach kids to question. Some as they get older do question the reality fed them, most don't. TV is not designed to make you think, but make you simply watch, to make you desire shiny things. There's no questioning it because there's no interaction. Yelling at the TV screen gets you nowhere, TV reality will still be there, and people will still watch it.

The TV is watching other people live. It's makes people passive.

edit on 2/6/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
We had a retired former IBM guy fix our computer, he was some upper person in their computer tech forget what it was a long while ago. He told us that there is information being sent into out minds within the flashes between pictures on the TV and he would never have one in his home.

I've been warned about that too. Apparently, it is much, much worse with digital. Which is why the governments are going out of their way to make sure nobody misses out.

Originally posted by iwilliam
TV = Brainwashing.

Why do you think they call it programming?

You know, I never thought of that! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

ETA: I can't watch TV with my wife anymore, because she gets annoyed when I constantly point out what it is doing.

edit on 6/2/13 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Now I grew up watching the original Star Trek, Hogan's Hero's and Kolchak...The Night Stalker. I LOVED these shows as well as LOVED watching sports such as Celtics, Bruins, Patriots and Red Sox games.

At the same time even as a KID...I loved to watch the News be it ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, MEET THE PRESS, 60 MINUTES and the like. The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau was a MUST SEE every Sunday Night as well as WILD KINGDOM and the AMERICAN SPORTSMAN.

So I watched FLUFF as well as shows worthy of watching to increase ones knowledge.

The thing is that I NEVER had an issue of distinguishing what was real and important and what was just A TV SHOW. I never allowed myself to be swayed to any great extent in my opinions...although I will admit that watching the Rockem Sockem Robots Toy Commercial definitely had me asking my Parents for this toy for Christmas! LOL!

Whether or not a person will be programmed to believe something by TV shows or News or various obvious propaganda is dependent upon parental guidence for some and a persons Level of Intelligence for others.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But would you actually know if subliminal messages that change your perception of situations were effecting you?

What if there were an implanted message in all of us only waiting for a trigger to have us all comply or believe something.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode when Homer is worried that Bart might becoming GAY so he drops Bart off the mide of a Highway and puts him in a chair facing a Billboard of a Half Naked Young Woman smoking a Cigarette.

Homer comes back at tthe end of the day to pick up Bart and asks him....Are you having any special feelings about Girls?

Bart responds...I don't know...but I do have an urge to smoke a cigarette.

Point is...what a person find meaning in what they are looking at is specific to the individual. Thus a subliminal message would only have the ability to influence those that are already disposed to be interested in what it is showing.

Split Infinity....p.s....If I was looking at the Billboard...I would answered Homer in a manner that was based on a completely different interest and desire. LOL!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I did a speech in college on subliminal advertising. What I learned was that there are base images that effect all of us the same one subconscious level. Some of those being our own skeleton skulls and violent murder of a human along with basic sex pictures sexual body parts and violent sex pictures.

The images open a pathway by making our subconsciousness mind open, then a message can be inserted. This method is used in all kinds of advertising, the study of it started in the 30's I can only imagine what they have been able to do for military purposes. Non of us are immune.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
TV has made Americans feel that war and violence are a normal, ongoing part of life. Meanwhile, procreation (sex) is absolute evil. Destroying life is normal, but creating life is SINFUL. Seems like a form of population control.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I promise you that is not anyone in the CIA feeding him intel. No active agent in his right mind would tell you anything that is classified, especially something that is most likely black. The American people need to stop worrying about the CIA.

Your ignorance is over whelming, not through the fault of your own, but of the lack of being in the field and atmosphere. Our government can be so stupid sometimes, but they can keep the damnest things hidden even when they operate right in the open.

Anyone that says they are an active agent and shares intel with you, I guarantee, is lying to you.

-------

You need understand the CIA operates in departments, this is to contain leaks because if certain intel gets out, they know only a couple of dozen people could have leaked that information. They also help over see several intelligence companies that are used to be broken down if # hits the fan, saving face.

It would take me a dissertation to explain the operations of the intelligence community, which would get me in trouble. I am just tired of people constantly talking about the CIA when they have no idea what they're talking about.

-------

The CIA monitors their agents through their own methods. Very few leaks break out that they dont allow to happen or arent contained. You give up rights when you sign up for the agency. A lot of them.
edit on 9-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
The American people need to stop worrying about the CIA.

Except for the fact that they were the ones behind Aurora and Sandy Hook. But yeah aside from them killing our own Citizens, we have nothing to worry about with the CIA.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Goood

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The subconscious mind records EVERYTHING and a great deal of information the conscious mind is not aware of. Still...reguardless of this stored information...it takes a great deal for the subconscious to make the conscious mind aware of this information.

Such ways are Dreams and Associatative Sensory Data that will allow the Conscious Mind to access the Subconscious. Once this happens what a person will do with this information is up to that person and a person who is not prone to unprovoked violent acts WILL NOT suddenly act violently.

Such acts will only happen in those who are prone already to do such things.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The subconscious mind records EVERYTHING and a great deal of information the conscious mind is not aware of. Still...reguardless of this stored information...it takes a great deal for the subconscious to make the conscious mind aware of this information.

Such ways are Dreams and Associatative Sensory Data that will allow the Conscious Mind to access the Subconscious. Once this happens what a person will do with this information is up to that person and a person who is not prone to unprovoked violent acts WILL NOT suddenly act violently.

Such acts will only happen in those who are prone already to do such things.

Split Infinity

It was disproved that persons will only act as conforms to their nature. people will indeed commit acts they would not otherwise do including violence.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Ask yourself this....

.....HOW could it possibly be proved that a person will do something that is not in their nature?

HOW can it be proven that it either was or was not in their nature?

It CAN'T. It goes against all probabilities of logic.

Since we not not sufficiently advanced enough to either understand our mapped genome to the point where we can determine with 100% accuracy what a person will or will not do as well as the intangibles such as enviroment and condition...and we NEVER might be able to do this....your statement of Positive Proof is IMPOSSIBLE.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join